It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If/when it happens, will ATS be the one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I dont know about you all, but I check ATS daily just to see if anything new has happened.

ATS seems to be growing daily, and I was just wondering. If and when aliens/ufo's are discovered, do any of you think this is where it will happen??

I mean we have a huge online population, has this site become the one for the ultimate unveiling??

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yep, ATS is expecting a flood of alien contacts. You did notice the induction of new mods that just took place? The three "Big Ones" expect something or they wouldn't have hired all the new help.

Besides, where else would the news break first?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ya I actually did just notice a new mod! Kleverone, I didn't notice any others though.

Ill have to check, congrats kleverone if you happen to read this!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Of course.
It must be a great feeling to the big three;
Knowing that there site will be the one to show the world the truth, and be the first place many people find out, or have there idea confirmed all over the world. =D

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thats why I have an "RSS ticker," with new posts scrolling past my browser(firefox) 24/7 so if anything catches my eye I can just take a look. It works great but hogs cpu unless you tweak the smoothness.

ATS is a huge site and will probably be the first on it. I need the ticker because if anything big goes down, anything, I want to know about it RIGHT away.... and I enjoy reading interesting things and commenting on lots.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think there is lots of evidence that has been brought up here on ATS but just been ridiculed and disappeared down the list.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
On an internet message board? I dont think so, but it would be nice. Im guessing the networks would be at war to get the exclusive

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Suppose it is unveiled here first. How long from the initial post will the first ridicule take place? I enjoy this site, however there are more people here that slam whatever the post is then actually research it.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think that, in the event of SOMETHING happening, we'll see an astronomical amount of traffic.

I'm not sure we'll be 'the one' but I'd put money on us having millions of hits.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I think that, in the event of SOMETHING happening, we'll see an astronomical amount of traffic.

I'm not sure we'll be 'the one' but I'd put money on us having millions of hits.

Definitely. Well this is the biggest site for all things out there, so you'd assume so.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
I dont know about you all, but I check ATS daily just to see if anything new has happened.

ATS seems to be growing daily, and I was just wondering. If and when aliens/ufo's are discovered, do any of you think this is where it will happen??

I mean we have a huge online population, has this site become the one for the ultimate unveiling??

Honestly, ive been visiting this site for years, and in the last few months, there have been MAJOR events that were reported HERE, before we got answers from anyone else(media, goverment, ect)

But its now not only the paranormal type events, but also the every day news, is coming here first. Someone is sitting at thier PC and outside thier window they see a massive explostion, boom its on here in minutes, acounts from many diffrent people. Several times we have had breaking news, before or just as it breaks even on the alphabet news channels

However, we are not able to be as good as the people at the BBC, who appaently can dectect a building to going to collapse thats on the otherside of the planet, 30 min beofre it does... were not that good... but were pretty good.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
On an internet message board? I dont think so, but it would be nice. Im guessing the networks would be at war to get the exclusive

Supposing they are given the choice!!!

I think ATS will be a good reference point after the fact, should it happen on a mass scale.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If alien exist!
I hope they will not make the same mistake then the ones that history have shown us.
14 millions of people think they are do chosen one.
1.2 billions of people think that every one should relate to they message.
1.9 billions of people think we all should suffer because that is life.

If Alien want to show themselves, so please let be simultaneously universal. No more messenger, no more prophet, no more sun of God.

No disrespect ATS but if this event would happen it goes higher than one single website in the world wide web, if the contact is real it should be universal.

Kacou

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ATS will certainly discuss any news as it happens, but I doubt "it will happen on ATS" is any more likely than it will happen in your neighborhood. Those who frequent here tend to think after awhile that ATS is the biggest, baddest, busiest place around. ATS has 115,000 registered members. Half have never posted a single message. Less than 10,000 have posted significantly, with the huge majority of messages posted by less than 5% of the registered population. Of course, there are many non-registered lurkers. Talking about what happens elsewhere is one thing (and inevitable), but having it happen here is quite another (and unlikely.)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In general agreement w/Schuyler, Nerdling, et al, but to add:

if and when "IT" happens, though it probably won't originate on ATS per se, it will definitely generate an instant firestorm of activity, especially here.

However, if truly a verifiable, unambiguous occurrence, the storm will spread around the world in every and all forms of media - from CNN to the tiniest word-of-mouth hamlet on the planet.

I can think of only one instance in which "it" would almost certainly happen as an ATS exclusive: if one of us dedicated ATSers were the lucky (unlucky?) initiates.

For example, if it was me, after I tell my immediate family, I would come here to share the news with my buddies on ATS before letting the rest of humanity in on it..

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

No. It'll have to be MSNBC or Google News or something similar. This site is intended to kind of "fill in the gaps" between the known and unknown, whether it's UFOs or 9/11 Conspiracies, or whatever. If Alien UFOs (as opposed to your "unidentified" UFOs) ever become revealed as a real thing, not too many people will be interested in dropping in here to read somebody's wild conjecture. They'll want to go to a more credible news source to get accepted facts and information.

That's just the way it works.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't think so.

ATS is really irrelevant in the world scheme of things..imho.

You just have to look at the gullible ready to believe responses from some here.

There have been obvious (to me) birds posted. When its proven to be a bird...some bozo's still say its still a UFO because you can't identify what species it is!!!

I think when you read the posts overall, the case is neither positive or negative. I feel ATS has, as an entity, the ability to scrutinise but is way, way off ever being able to prove.

I came to ATS some time back, after hearing of it and thought it could be an interesting place to waste some time. Alas I feel I was wrong. With 13407 threads and 268368 posts I feel on balance ATS has proven nothing and feel it never will. Basically, my problem is, humans are liars, delusional and have very poor memories and information processing skills.
I trust no-one...sometimes not even myself!!!I believe in ET when they land on my doorstep and pop in to share a coffee and a croissant.

I suppose on the plus side it is a place for anyone (well members!!) to post to the world...but I dont see the authorities and disclosure fear jockeys losing much sleep over ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
LOL !! For arguments sake if a UFO landed on White House Lawn this site would crash in less than half an hour cause so many people would be trying to get in on it !!!! Would be days before it recovered.....

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think ats would be the place for worldwide confirmation if not the first to break the story.Our international membership and their dedication to the site would corroborate and perhaps add to the news stories being reported around the world in real time!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
LOL !! For arguments sake if a UFO landed on White House Lawn this site would crash in less than half an hour cause so many people would be trying to get in on it !!!! Would be days before it recovered.....

Not any more... Didn't you hear about our new infrastucture?

Load balanced server clusters... 'nuff said.

Springer...

<<   2 >>

join