It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cops the New Storm Troopers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have seen numerous videos now showing American policemen/women using various tactics to deal with joe public. This can be anything from being tasered, shot, hit with batons, baton rounds, kicked and punched.

The people on the receiving end are not terrorists or crimminals they are just normal everyday citizens who assume they are living in a Democracy and have rights. Its obvious from many of these videos that those rights are being denied and police powers are being abused or are they?

Is there a new diktat, have the police been given orders to attack/arrest anyone who speaks their mind in public. Its very interesting that in many of the films they dont want anyone filming them, Why not, arent they public servants.

Protect and serve, who do they protect and who do they serve, since 9/11 the police seem to be able to do what they want/like. On the street they appear more as armed thugs than those who are there to uphold the laws of the land. This has all been done because of the WOT, but where is it in the US, where are all the terrorists attacks that the Goverment said were coming.

Why is it that these Americans see their fellow Americans as the enemy, not just criminals but the enemy, the either with us or the terrorist attitude.
People said of the Germans why did they not fight back, why did other Germans attack and kill their fellow citizens well now you know why.

Well its simple you brainwash people you make them believe that you, your actions , your attitude is correct and that anything to the contrary is an enemy of the state. We all know what happens to enemies of the state, they get locked up, they disapear, they are tortured and murdered.

American policemen/women are now acting more like servants of a dictatorship, so just remember you dont have a voice you dont have rights and if you speak out you will follow the path that millions have trodden, a journey in which death lies at the end.

It does not take much to bring a police state into being and in the US all the mechanisms are now in place to bring it to fruition. Who will end up in the camps, who will speak out when their fellow countrymen disapear. The American people have a choice they can fight back or you yeald to those who wish to enslave you.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You have to keep in mind that cops are humans, and all humans make mistakes. Sometimes they're worse than others. There's always going to be bad cops, it's like that in any profession, there's people that don't do there job right. But do you really think that the average cop on the beat is out to take away all your freedom's?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
You have to keep in mind that cops are humans, and all humans make mistakes. Sometimes they're worse than others. There's always going to be bad cops, it's like that in any profession, there's people that don't do there job right. But do you really think that the average cop on the beat is out to take away all your freedom's?

Have you ever seen a good cop. Bet all of them have deliberately murdered people(i.e by destroying there lives).

Just my two cents

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

But do you really think that the average cop on the beat is out to take away all your freedom's?

Who's to say the average cop isn't experiencing increasing amounts of "suggestion" from the higher ups? As our society gets more increasingly violent, the cops are forced to increase their own behaviors in order to control situations.

We are all being brainwashed in the same way. Have you seen the increasing number of violent shows that are on TV and called "entertainment"? Try Court TV. In addition to shows like "Forensic Files" and "Body of Evidence" and "North Mission Road", you've got back-to-back episodes of "Cops", "Most Shocking", "World's Wildest Police Videos". And if you flip the channel over to MSNBC, you've got back-to-back episodes of "Lockup" and "To Catch a Predator".

You also have the fictional crime dramas such as "CSI", "CSI Miami", "CSI New York", "Prison Break", "Without a Trace", "Law and Order", "Law and Order SVU", "Law and Order Criminal Intent"... the list goes on and on.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Have you ever seen a good cop. Bet all of them have deliberately murdered people(i.e by destroying there lives).

Just my two cents

Yeah, it just so happens I have met a good cop. The guy that lives just a house away from me is on a nearby SWAT team and he does his job to help others. When talking to cops about their jobs (as policing is a career field that interests me) I was essentially given information that tells me that they don't go into the job for glamor or a good paycheck.

Plain and simple, being a cop is never advertised as the ideal job. Do you really believe that all the police are out to destroy lives? I find that hard to believe considering the conversations I've had with some of them.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Have you ever seen a good cop. Bet all of them have deliberately murdered people(i.e by destroying there lives)

What you just spewed was disgusting. Not only do I know a good police officer, I know MANY. It's people like you that spew totaly complete BS that need to get a swift kick into reality.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

One question:

How do you suggest we, the people, fight back?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

But do you really think that the average cop on the beat is out to take away all your freedom's?

Who's to say the average cop isn't experiencing increasing amounts of "suggestion" from the higher ups? As our society gets more increasingly violent, the cops are forced to increase their own behaviors in order to control situations.

We are all being brainwashed in the same way. Have you seen the increasing number of violent shows that are on TV and called "entertainment"? Try Court TV. In addition to shows like "Forensic Files" and "Body of Evidence" and "North Mission Road", you've got back-to-back episodes of "Cops", "Most Shocking", "World's Wildest Police Videos". And if you flip the channel over to MSNBC, you've got back-to-back episodes of "Lockup" and "To Catch a Predator".

You also have the fictional crime dramas such as "CSI", "CSI Miami", "CSI New York", "Prison Break", "Without a Trace", "Law and Order", "Law and Order SVU", "Law and Order Criminal Intent"... the list goes on and on.

You make great points regarding our viewing material in the United States, however where are you going with this? I feel like you are on the cusp of something great. Are you suggesting that the powers that be want to sedate us all with violent viewing to influence our behavior on the streets?

Look at the programs that air on the A&E network as well. From 48 hours to Dog the Bounty hunter. Why are these kinds of programs being aired? Are the powers that be de-sensitizing us to a police state via violent and perverse programming? If not a police state, then what?

[edit on 7-7-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hi Loose, One person on their own can do very little, the way forward is to form groups that eventually grow in size till they have a political voice.

The strategy at the moment is to isolate people to split communties, have neighbours spying on each other, this all happens in any emerging police state.

How many more school shootings will it take before the Goverment say were are going to ban personal firearms. The police are now being used to attack individuals because of their poitical views or their criticim of the Goverment.

The fact that kids being expelled from school, people being arrested for wearing anti Goverment slogans should be ringing the alarm bells. Unless the people join together to fight this then by the year 2010 America will be a full blown dictatorship.

Those who control the Goverment want to run the world and its people, well you cannot do that unless you have total obediance and control of the people.

Who would of thought that in what is supposed to be the worlds greatest democracy that the people would be attacked, arrested and locked up for their personal views, this can only happen in dictatorship.

The people of America need to unite together and fight this evil regime. All it needs is a leader, a person with foresight and vision for a free America an America that does not go around invading other peoples countries etc.

If the people do not fight back then those camps they are building will soon be full.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

These are not mistakes. Do not miss these videos.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
it's been this why for ages, the difference is that today's 'elites' are actually using the provisions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the world is in a state of anarchy, the deceit lies in blocking out the decisive events by both media blackout and brainwashing - a cover which apparently starts to crumble.

one thing is certain: once enough people realize that, the days of partial tranqility will be over for several decades at least.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

The people on the receiving end are not terrorists or crimminals they are just normal everyday citizens who assume they are living in a Democracy and have rights. Its obvious from many of these videos that those rights are being denied and police powers are being abused or are they?

and these people who are not terrorst or criminals, I wonder exactly what they were doing or saying to get the cops attention in the first place.
I'll bet it wasn't just walking down the street or anything like that.

People, stop complaining about the police... while every once in a while there might be a "bad seed", cops are human and are here to help us.
Bottom Line.

It's really simple, DON"T BREAK THE LAW!!!

If you are stopped by a police officer, cooperate, you shouldn't have anything to hide.

Use Yes Sir / Ma'am, No Sir / Ma'am. Show respect.

If you are asked for I.D. present it to them, tell them the truth about what you are doing and where you are going.

Don't make sudden movements or act "suspicous".

I just don't understand why people insist that cops are bad and that we should fear them, I really don't.

The U.S. is not a police state and isn't going to be any time soon.

Heck if it was, I wouldn't care anyway, because I DON'T BREAK THE LAW and have nothing to hide from the authorities.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have an idea, Elavatedone: Why don't we just get down and worship the cops as long as we are saying " Yes Sir " and all that other sickening nonsense. WHY should they be in an elevated position over us? That is NOT what the Constitution is there for.

You sound like the typical victim of the system; people who kowtow and say " Yassuh Master Officer, Yassuh, whatever you say Sir, just please don't beat me and abuse my rights, please..pretty please.." How disgusting! The reason the cops are getting more and more brutal and violating more and more rights is this:

Training is the first. training these days for cops is vastly different than in any other period in history. In the old days, cops were warned NOT to push the limits of the law too far; today they are encouraged to push the limits until they break.

The PHONY " TERRORISM " garbage being pumped into the nation's mind has a very profound effect on cop's; they see the average citizen not as a neutral or innocent any more, but as the ' guilty until cleared ' crowd that must be held in great suspicion.

When the cop's see the President ( it makes me choke to call that scum Bush a President but anyway ) PROMOTE TORTURE, INDEFINITE DETENTION WITHOUT TRIALS and many other abuses of the law, it makes the cops feel even more justified in violating rights and abusing civilians.

OF COURSE there are good cops, no one can say that EVERY cop is a brutal and vicious thug. BUT, the VAST MAJORITY of cops WILL violate your rights, use coercion and threats to get people to give up their rights, and virtually ALL cops are guilty of PERJURY, the felonius telling of lies under oath. Even the former Chief of the Seattle Police said that he was certain that " 99% of all street cops have committed perjury, mostly to make drug cases". Since 99% of all cops will lie on the stand to make a case, then 99% of all cops CANNOT BE TRUSTED .

Here is the only way that effective change can happen, in my opinion: If EVERY citizen that is confronted by a cop DEMANDS that the cop respect the Rights of the citizen, then we will see change. just think, if every motorist pulled over on some bogus minor traffic violation so the cops can try and get consent to search REFUSED to give CONSENT, the cops would hate it ; BUT they would start obeying the law. they cannot violate everyones rights as many they harrass are simply regular citizens not involved with any crime; those people will raise hell with the cop's superiors and file lawsuits if the cops go too far.

Imagine if EVERY citizen knew their rights and followed them to the letter. the cops would HAVE to start watching their P's and Q's or face constant pressure from the public and their bosses. Political heat is the most effective way to reign in wayward public employees, and that means massive numbers of people complaining. Think what would happen if EVERY time a cop came to a door without a warrant and were told " Go away, you have no warrant. I will NOT open the door". The cops would GO AWAY and try and get a warrant, as they would know that since all the people were acting the same way, it would be a NORMAL thing, see?

We have to make it NORMAL for the average citizen to KNOW and USE their Rights at EVERY opportunity; then the cops would react in the expected way and adapt to the conditions present.Imagine all the talk in the squadroom: " Hey, Psycho, every time I try and bluff someone into giving up their rights, they tell me to stuff it..what can we do "? The answer would be : Respect the people, follow the law, do not abuse rights, do not ask the people to give up their rights.

Sooner or later the cops would simply give up and start treating the public as they are supposed to: with respect, consideration and always OBEYING the law. Cops see themselves as above the law and until that changes we will be in the same mess we are now, with most of the people unaware of their rights, and most cops more than willing to break the law and violate rights in pursuit of arrests and bonuses and meeting quotas,etc.

The MILITARIZATION of the police is just another step toward a police state, which is the goal of the NeoCon madmen in power now ; we see the cops getting more military equipment from the DOD, we see more masked agents swarming like flies around the carcass of roadkill when they break down doors and slam people around and ' get tough '; WE are the enemy to the cops, understand? ANY civilian is fair game for them and more and more the cops are seeing us as the adversary and not the one's they serve and ' protect '.

Treat cops with deference if you wish, but putting them on a pedastel is WRONG; making yourself a slave and a lesser being to them by bowing and scraping just reinforces the image in the cop's minds that they DESERVE such elelvated status, and as soon as they start believing that, we are really screwed. I would not say SIR to a cop because I want that cop to know that we are equals as far as I am concerned; they can do whatever they want but they will never get me to bow down to them. They do not deserve any special stature and should be regarded with caution as most cops will push the very bounds of the law to get what they want, regardless of the law.

So KNOW the rights you have, USE the rights you have, and do not fear the cops or lower yourself to being a humble and fearful pawn in the game. Cops do NOT respect those who kiss their posteriors, they only respect POWER and AUTHORITY and you better be able to use those attributes with them or be another victim of the ruthless and lawless minions of the government who see us as the enemy and our rights as minor obstacles to be overcome by lying, deceit and perjury. How can anyone bow down and scrape before such people? I say stand your ground, use your rights, and sue the hell out of any cop that crosses the line. Then maybe someday we will get our nation, and our rights, back to where the Founding Fathers imagined they would be by now: fully understood and vauled by all members of society and respected by those charged with enforcing the laws.

The police are not above us, they are not better than us, they are NOT special. They are either a danger to us or a help ; and as long as the MAJORITY of cops will break the law to convict us, they cannot be trusted. Only an attorney can be trusted, never a cop. Cops break more laws in a day than most cons do in a year.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Elavate, do you understand the concept of a democracy, itas a system where people can speak and act freely, where they can challenge those who goverm them and police them. The situation in the US is deteriating rapidly where now these rights are now seen as criminal activities, dont protest, dont criticise the goverment or the police well thats not a democracy thats a dictatorship.

If you cannot see that then you are blind to the reality that surrounds you, the goverment is there at the behest of the people, to serve the people and not the other way round. American politicians are bought men, owned by the multi nationals as is your armed forces, who benefits from war not you or I but the parasites do.

One day you may break their laws and suffer the consequences or you may choose to hide and live in fear the choice is yours.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Just my two cents

Blanket statements like this are never good. But, to answer your question, yes I know good cops. Most of them are just like you and me. They just want to do their 40 every week, bring home some money for the family and enjoy life. Don't let the minority cloud your opinion of the majority.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You guys are really really deluded. WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD POLICE IN THE US. If police were so bad then the Founding Fathers would not have created them.

- US Park Police
- US Capitol Police
- US Postal Inspection Service/US Postal Service Police
- US Customs Service
- US Marshal's Service
- Every sheriff's department in already existing states and territories. My county sheriff's office was created in 1670, long before we even become a country. My town's police department was created in 1702 as the town constable's office and was renamed police department in the 1920s.
- town/village constables in existing communities. Many of these name changed to police department in the late 1800s/early 1900s.

All created in the 1790s and early 1800s. Even the Constitution mentions a need for law enforcement. I guess Washington wanted some jackbooted thugs of his own?

[edit on 11-7-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I understand what you guys are saying.

I appreciate your input too.

I'm just stating that in my opinion we are not becoming a Police State and the U.S. cops are not the new Storm Troopers.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

and these people who are not terrorst or criminals, I wonder exactly what they were doing or saying to get the cops attention in the first place.
I'll bet it wasn't just walking down the street or anything like that.

Perhaps just having a black person in the car.. yes happened to me 3 times in 1 yr.

People, stop complaining about the police... while every once in a while there might be a "bad seed", cops are human and are here to help us.
Bottom Line.

Sure Let me point out something to you if its still on the net..
Here it is.
www.pittsburghlive.com...

"They beat my sons brutally," said Jacqueline Jones of Springdale, the mother of 14-year-old Ryan Parks and 16-year-old Thomas Parks Jr., who were arrested along with their father and cousin after clashing with police Friday night.

Jones said when she got to the door of the police station to retrieve her sons, she could hear Chief Joe Naviglia, who is white, yelling threats and racial slurs at her children.

"He said, 'I'm sick of you 'n-word' kids coming into my town and ruining games," Jones told reporters.

(above in report is actual N-word ATS blocked it.. I didnt say it they. did.)
Sounds good to me.. grade A Cops right there..

It's really simple, DON"T BREAK THE LAW!!!

If you are stopped by a police officer, cooperate, you shouldn't have anything to hide.

Use Yes Sir / Ma'am, No Sir / Ma'am. Show respect.

You get stopped there has to be a reason.

Here lets see which one you want me to give you why they stopped me?

here is 3 in less than 1 yr.

1) Your plate light was to bright.(I had to get this signed off by another cop so i wouldn't get a ticket for it. Here is what cop2 said from my town where I live. "What TF Is this? I have never heard of this? Your light isn't messed up."
As you see legit stop right?

2) Do you have drugs in the car, do you have drugs in the car. harassment out the ass and so on and so forth.. Ya obey and everything is ok... whatever.. search a black passenger i had in the car and got pissed off there were no drugs and stomped off and sped away.

Seems like a good cop to me..

3) Gun pointed in my face and car tore apart for supposed drugs in car altho I have never had a criminal record or driving violation to do with drugs and/or drinking.

If you are asked for I.D. present it to them, tell them the truth about what you are doing and where you are going.

When did this become an issue.. Last i checked we lived in a free world..

Don't make sudden movements or act "suspicous".

I just don't understand why people insist that cops are bad and that we should fear them, I really don't.

Heck if it was, I wouldn't care anyway, because I DON'T BREAK THE LAW and have nothing to hide from the authorities.

So all in all in some areas it is impossible to not get nailed for stupid crap like such.. Not my fault some cops are racist and so on..

Want to prove me wrong..

[edit on 7/11/2007 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 7/11/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's my understanding that in most states that it's law that you carry and I.D. on you at all times. If you do not have an I.D. on you and cannot prove who you are that you can be taken or held until your identity is verified.

You should want to have an I.D. on you at all times anyway, it could keep you out of trouble.

Yes, racial profiling does happen and it's a shame, but again, if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about other than losing a few minutes of your time, etc.

I don't know you or where you live, but we have to face it, there are towns and areas in this country that are known to host illegal activities, the police have to watch those areas, are innocent people going to sometimes be in those areas, yes, but again, if you're doing nothing illegal, you don't have to worry about it.

Again, I'm not saying all cops are innocent of racial profiling, being "pigs" etc. just not the majority of them. As a matter of fact, I'd guess that less than 5% are really just "bad" cops. You might say that even 5% is too much, maybe it is, but again we're only human.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This discussion is not whether there are good or bad cops but the fact that the Police who are not civilians and are part of the military set up, are they being used to deny people their constitutional rights.

Elevate, I will give an example, you are aware of the latest terrorist attacks here in the Uk, the media is now telling people basically to spy on each other in the name of terrrorism. On the face of it that sounds logical and ok. But look at it this way, we have thousands of cameras here in the UK, armed Police everywhere, the authorirties spying on us and now not content with that they want us to spy on each other.

These are all traits of a dictatorship, with nearly 30 years of IRA bombs going off every other day we never had such draconian or controlling measures in place, so why now.

You said before what many say, just obey the law, but there's the rub your sat at home talking about Goverment Foreign policy and dont agree with it, your neigbours listening in and reports you for dissent. It may sound far fetched at the moment but just look at what really is happening, people are being arrested and charged for sporting anti Goverment slogans, well in a democracy you are allowed to do just that.

The mere fact that these events are taking place means something is wrong, it may not be visable to everyone but the signs are there and its worrying, the mechanisms that are in place now, everything from the Patriot Act to Bush 's dictatorial powers means that a state of emergency can be declared at any time and peoples rights go down the pan.

Of course if such an action takes place there will be dissenters etc, well they will end up in the camps. This has happened in every situation of dictatorship anywhere in the world.

<<   2  3 >>

join