It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Discloses First???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
For years we have all been reading theories about government conspiracies to withhold the truth about alien/human contact. Some of these theories noted that the powers involved were waiting for an 'appropriate' moment to begin disclosure, etc.....

I can't help but wonder; who discloses first, 1) the human powers that are withholding this information, or 2) ET's themselves (in other words, ET's make 'worldwide' contact).

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think it will be a mixture of the government and the ET's actually. i think there will be a major sighting eventually with enough witnesses and evidence that the government will have no choice to come clean

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
IMHO it has to be the ET's. With each day that passes the likelyhood of the Government disclosing the alleged ET/UFO information gets less likely. Depending on what you personally believe, ET's and the government may or may not "work" together or share an agreement. Some say that part of this agreement involves ET's being able to take humans for "testing" and in exchange we get technology. If that is true then the government admitting or disclosing Et's would be virtually impossible. Think of the outrage.

I think that if ET's are real then they will be the one's to disclose their existence. Who knows maybe they already think they have disclosed their existence with all of the sightings and they're just sitting there thinking "what the hell do we have to do to convince these primitives"?

Personally I believe that on some level UFO's/ET's are real. For me there have been to many sightings/reports to not have a single one be true. I know many can be explained but IMHO I do not think all can be explained as earth originating objects. Peace!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't follow the logic here: if it's not been disclosed, then how do you know that there is anything to disclose?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You must be on the wrong site if you think there's nothing to disclose...

Originally posted by disownedsky
I don't follow the logic here: if it's not been disclosed, then how do you know that there is anything to disclose?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The chance has been 0% ever since Roswell..to disclose would mean the end of their rule on this country, and that aint ever gonna happen.

Originally posted by Moserious
IMHO it has to be the ET's. With each day that passes the likelyhood of the Government disclosing the alleged ET/UFO information gets less likely. D

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
You must be on the wrong site if you think there's nothing to disclose...

That doesn't answer my question. What is the logic at work here?

Why can't the governmnet be as confused and uncertain about aliens and UFOs as anyone else?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The chance has been 0% ever since Roswell..to disclose would mean the end of their rule on this country, and that aint ever gonna happen.

Correct. Disclosure will be on a one on one basis by the ET's and not by the government. The government has no need or reason to disclose.

That said, if there is a disclosure announcement by the government it will be something like:

We are preparing for battle with Terrorist Aliens from outer space and we need your help. We need to increase your taxes to help pay for our needed weapons. We also need you to line up for a cavity check just to be sure you are not one of the Terrorist Aliens we are preparing to fight. Oh, and one more thing. We need you to turn in your personal weapons to be sure the Terrorist Aliens don't grab them and use them against us. Either you are with us or for the Terrorist Aliens! Thanks for your support. (CNN will carry our battle with the Terrorist Aliens Live!!!)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I was in a hurry when posting this thread. I am bringing this question to the table under the assumption that there is evidence of ET contact to disclose by the government(s), as well as the assumption of the existence of ET's.

Anyway, a lot of threads here discuss; 1) potential government coverups of ET existence, 2) existence of ETs, and 3) disclosure. Therefore, I was just curious what members thought about eventual disclosure...if there is to be any.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Correct. Disclosure will be on a one on one basis by the ET's and not by the government. The government has no need or reason to disclose.

That said, if there is a disclosure announcement by the government it will be something like:

We are preparing for battle with Terrorist Aliens from outer space and we need your help. We need to increase your taxes to help pay for our needed weapons. We also need you to line up for a cavity check just to be sure you are not one of the Terrorist Aliens we are preparing to fight. Oh, and one more thing. We need you to turn in your personal weapons to be sure the Terrorist Aliens don't grab them and use them against us. Either you are with us or for the Terrorist Aliens! Thanks for your support. (CNN will carry our battle with the Terrorist Aliens Live!!!)

LOL Mr. Lear!

Wow....I'm actually pumped up that you posted on this thread! Over the last few days I have been reading through the long threads about your moon pics.

You forgot one thing; however. FOXNews will spin this event positively toward the conservative viewpoint and negatively toward liberals. And....Hannity and Colmes will have a 2-hour debate on it....

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by Txhunter67

You forgot one thing; however. FOXNews will spin this event positively toward the conservative viewpoint and negatively toward liberals. And....Hannity and Colmes will have a 2-hour debate on it....

You are absolutely correct.

Also:

Keith Olbermann will screw himself up into the ceiling blaming Bush on this 1614th day since “Mission Accomplished”.

Michael Savage (nee Weiner) will blame the gay liberals.

Larry King will lob softballs to Condoleezza Rice.

Halliburton will get the contract to build and service the space platforms from which the attack will be met.

Access Denied will deny there is an alien attack.

Sleeper will tell us its just an illusion.

SuicideVirus will comment: “Huh?”

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Van Braun said the very same thing will happen.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I guess they will be re running epsiode of V again !!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Imagine you got kidnapped and taken to an army base where an officer throws the sheet off an alien body and points at it, and goes... "You think we can tell the the American people about this?"

I say we get the president and some ufos and some aliens and we sell out a stadium and disclose this for the world live!

Imagine that...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Until the 'powers that be' decide its in there best interests to disclose the truth about UFO's, it will remain as it were/is. And I see no reason to believe they are changing there mind any time soon. So, I would assume that it is going to take a deliberate intervention of the UFO's and thoes that control them to initiate disclosure, weither it be forcing the hand of thoes wanting to decieve or outright self exposure.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by HomeBrew]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Access Denied will deny there is an alien attack.

Sleeper will tell us its just an illusion.

SuicideVirus will comment: “Huh?”

Move along folks, there's nothing to see here.

Now either hell has frozen over or I'm spending too much time on ATS... John Lear actually brought a smile to my face.

Wait… hold on, Washington’s on the other line.

Uh oh.. something's wrong!?

OK everybody my sources are now telling me RUN LIKE HELL!!!!

[edit on 6-7-2007 by Access Denied]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think that the ET's will push the governments' hand and force them into disclosure by making their presence more and more apparant. Mass sightings will occure with irrefuteable evidence. When a majority of the world's population begins to witness these events on a regular basis, the governments of the world will have no choice but to disclose their existence to us. Of course, even when disclosure comes, I don't think it will be "full disclosure", persay. I believe many of our governments have known about and have even been in contact with ET's for the better part of the last century. This fact will not be disclosed to us, at least not for a very, very long time- well after we've gotten used to the existence of ET's as a society.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pie and Chips
Van Braun said the very same thing will happen.

No he didn’t. Did you ever wonder why both of the people (Dr. Carol Rosin being one of them) who claim he said stuff like that didn't make those claims until AFTER he died?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Let us assume that, as one poster suggested, that aliens would have to show themselves to get the Government(s) to admit to their presence; would it not make perfect sense that some type of mass sighting would happen at Live Earth?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
How do you expect aliens to disclose? By holding a press conference? They can't land and walk around town, it isn't safe. I bet they think we are well aware of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join