It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Where do topics on the occult go to? Magic and Metaphysics? There doesn't seem to be one forum dedicated to the practice.

Cug

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Occult topics pop up in many forums here.

ATS
Paranormal Studies
Secret Societies

And sometimes in
Conspiracies in Religions
ATS Skunk Works

On BTS you will find some topics in

Faith, Spirituality & Theology

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Faith and spirituality would probably be the most proper place to put "occult" subjects

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I will not recommend faith and spirituality, because that forum tends to be to much into religion and many of the members that post are believers of the Christian faith.

No a place to talk about the occult, it will turn into evil vs good.

Perhaps paranormal maybe better.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I will not recommend faith and spirituality, because that forum tends to be to much into religion and many of the members that post are believers of the Christian faith.

Well, since occultic beliefs aren't really religious in nature but spiritual, I personally think that the faith and spirituality would be the most apt place. I personally don't understand why so many want to designate the occult with "evil," but that is a whole other topic.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I personally don't understand why so many want to designate the occult with "evil," but that is a whole other topic.

Neither do I, but it can get out of control in a faith and spirituality forum when many people rather than understand the topic just feels that it needs to be bashed.

The preaching will completely take away the purpose of many of this topics.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Neither do I, but it can get out of control in a faith and spirituality forum when many people rather than understand the topic just feels that it needs to be bashed.

The preaching will completely take away the purpose of many of this topics.

That is one of the complaints that I have against many people, regardless of their faith, they talk about other beliefs systems as if they knew what the hell they were talking about, and they don't have the slightest idea because all they do is buy into what they have been told.

Marg, and I agree with you, it is a problem.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Marg, and I agree with you, it is a problem.

And I agree with also, when a good topic on religion comes in conspiracies on religion I like to post and debate, but when is in the faith and spirituality in BTS I rather do not participate,(personal choice occurs), but the paranormal and secret societies I love to read the threads and topics and when I feel that I need to post something I do.

Kind of a place for everybody here.

Cug

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No a place to talk about the occult, it will turn into evil vs good.

Well to tell the truth, I haven't seen much of that in faith and spirituality as far as occult topics go. Take the link in my sig, no bashing going on there.

However if you post a Christian topic... put on your nomex undies.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

However if you post a Christian topic... put on your nomex undies.

Well, that's true too. I really have never been lambasted by many of the Christian posters here, to be honest. The ones that have are the ones that you come to expect it from, those to who it applies know who I am referring to.
And to be fair, many of my beliefs are pretty out there. Of course,I don't claim to be an "occultist," but my beliefs aren't mainstream Christian beliefs either.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Of course,I don't claim to be an "occultist," but my beliefs aren't mainstream Christian beliefs either.

Neither mine, when I started in ATS, BTS spirituality was mostly for religous subjecs mostly christianity, I encounter lots of preaching and scirptures.

Because of my more (open views) I decided to stay away from that forum in BTS and just wait when a topic was in Conspiracies in Religion because it was more easily and better given to debate.

Now, I believe that the occult could be considered a type of Conspiracy when it comes to religions, and posted there it will have more respect.

BTW I have not been in spirituality and faith forum in a while so I don't know if the main topics has change since the last time I was there.

top topics

join