It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Says: We Must Prepare for Possible Strike on Iran!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It's quite simple as to why they keep mentioning and threatning to bomb Iran,they are just training the public's mind so when it does actually happen it won't be a big surprise.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well according to this thread war with Iran has already begun.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

thats quite a big IF there buddy, and not the least of which can be backed up by any real evidence. In any case, if you are also advocating war with Iran, would you midn answering the four questions I posted, in the proper order if it is not too much to ask. I just want to see how you feel with those issues.

Oh yeah sure buddy...no evidence huh?.... I guess the ruling clerics in Iran declaring a Fatwa to being able to use nuclear weapons is not "a big hint"... Appart from the ruling people in Iran every other day declaring "The destruction of Israel and the west is coming soon"....

Iranian fatwa approves use of nuclear weapons
By Colin Freeman and Philip Sherwell in Washington
Last Updated: 12:12am GMT 19/02/2006

Iran's hardline spiritual leaders have issued an unprecedented new fatwa, or holy order, sanctioning the use of atomic weapons against its enemies.

In yet another sign of Teheran's stiffening resolve on the nuclear issue, influential Muslim clerics have for the first time questioned the theocracy's traditional stance that Sharia law forbade the use of nuclear weapons.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/02/19/wiran19.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/19/ixnewstop.html

Oh and sure, who is going to forget that the Iranian regime had a nuclear weapons program in secret for 18 years...meanwhile they were declaring to the world they were not after any "nuclear power" we actually learned differently in 2003..... and now they claim, "oh yes, we are working in a nuclear program but it is for peaceful purposes".... If their nuclear program was for peaceful purposes why having a nuclear weapons program secret for 18 years?....

Iran Develops Nuclear Technologies in Secret for 18 Years
A report issued by the International Atomic Energy Agency describes technological advances and a policy of concealment.

On November 10, 2003, the International Atomic Energy Agency issued a 30-page confidential report on Iran's nuclear activities. The report, which the agency sent to its board of governors and to 20 governments, reveals that for the past 18 years Iran has secretly developed technologies for producing weapon-usable highly enriched uranium and plutonium. During that time, the report says, Iran violated its Nonproliferation Treaty obligations and falsified declarations to the agency regarding safeguards required under the treaty.

www.nrdc.org...

But yeah...the iranian regime only wants peace....afterall they only declare the destruction of Israel and the west every other day... what's the harm in that and to continue pursuing a nuclear weapons program?.... They swear they only want it for "peaceful" purposes...

Probably Israel will attack Iran's nuclear facilities, and Iran will use that for staging a war which will bring in other Arab countries and maybe western countries.

Noone, with some sense in their melon, want Iran to have a nuclear weapons, but with what they have said in some of their statements it appears that if they don't have any, they will soon.

I wish the world was the "peaceful, give flowers and hugs to everybody" kind of world some people apparently think it is, but that is not reality. At least not in this world.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any war with Iran will be a disaster for humanity and it might start World War 3.

Saying "I'm sick of these headlines, lets deal with Iran already because I am bored of it" is so irresponsible and ignorant that it amazes me.

And there is such a huge propaganda from the West against Iran it is amazing again, they are trying so hard since 2006 to make people ACCEPT a war with Iran that they might just accomplish it. I believe 40% of the public opinion is now supportive about an Iranian war. They just need another 10% and they are ready to go!

You must NOT accept a war under any circumstances. Only if a country tryes to attack you and conquer your territory should you respond in an agressive manner. Bombing Iran because "YOU THINK" they "MIGHT" make nukes is an act of agreesion of unacceptable excuses. Such and act must be punished.

Also USA sold nuclear equipment to Iran in 2005, this makes the problem of invading Iran worse on the US side. Recent news (propaganda from the West), say Iran is helping Al Qaeda, I mean how worse can it get. Really?

You must not accept this war or any war! Don't let your guard down, one time is enough to lose it and have a new war on your consciousness.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

How many more times will this type of headline go out before somebody decides to do something?? I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing these guys calling for action against Iran.

I wish thay would just bomb them, and get it over with, I know everyone is sick of hearing these same politians and reading the same headlines over and over, parroting the same thing. I dont think our troops are ever coming home untill Iran is dealt with. Im with you sentinal.when you play with fire you will get burned.As ive said many times here our operations should have targeted iran not iraq.but now i fear that we have an almost rerun of vietnam.ie enemys being supplied across the border(cambodia-iran?)talk of expanding the war which we cant ever win.i dont like the outcomes.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I kinda wish someone would launch an airstrike against Joe Lieberman.

Unfortunately, like many of our politicians (of all creeds), he places a higher value on the national security of Israel than that of the United States.

[edit on 6/11/07 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I kinda wish someone would launch an airstrike against Joe Lieberman.

Unfortunately, like many of our politicians (of all creeds), he places a higher value on the national security of Israel than that of the United States.

[edit on 6/11/07 by xmotex]

An airstrike against Joe Lieberman would be ineffective. His head is so large and thick that it would take too many bombing runs to make a dent.

As for the higher value on national security of Israel: when it comes to the Middle East, if we lose security in Israel, you may as well start selling all your furniture and possibly the gold fillings in your teeth to afford a tank of gasoline.

Israel and perhaps some of the Arabic-run countries (like UAB and maybe Saudi Arabia) are the only thing keeping this country from collapse due to the immediate and devastating increase in the price of oil.

Any hybrid car you see on the road today is whistling in the dark. And back to what Ol' Joe says about possible air strikes....he is positioning himself politically (as the Independent that he is) with both parties every time he makes proclamations like this. He is most probably right, he may even have inside information on what the Whitehouse is going to do. But if he sits back and supports no one, shows that he's just another Senator, shows that he is independent without teeth, then he loses power in office. An independent must be aligned with both parties to remain independent, as ironic as that sounds.

When Joe Lieberman tells us this news, he places himself in the know. He also puts himself squarely in the "I told you so" camp when and if it happens. If the bombing never occurs, he still goes on record as being a supporter of Israel which is both politically and strategically smart politics.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25
As for the higher value on national security of Israel: when it comes to the Middle East, if we lose security in Israel, you may as well start selling all your furniture and possibly the gold fillings in your teeth to afford a tank of gasoline.

Israel and perhaps some of the Arabic-run countries (like UAB and maybe Saudi Arabia) are the only thing keeping this country from collapse due to the immediate and devastating increase in the price of oil.

I think its interesting that many people seem to believe that ME countries would rather jack the price of Oil so astronomically high as to deprive themselves of a rich market in the US (because lets face it, if its super high, on the super rich can afford it.) Some people also believe that the ME would rather deprive itself altogether of the US market and sell to other countries. And as such, US leaders claim that national interests are at stake. Why would any country deprive itself of a market so huge as the US?

Why do US leaders, instead of addressing the reasons of worldwide US hatred, simply turn to military strikes as a bandaid fix, creating more hatred for the US?

If the only reason the US supports isreal is to keep oil prices low, why does isreali foreign policy focus more on Palestine, than ME countries exporting high volumes of Oil?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

Why do US leaders, instead of addressing the reasons of worldwide US hatred, simply turn to military strikes as a bandaid fix, creating more hatred for the US?

If the only reason the US supports isreal is to keep oil prices low, why does isreali foreign policy focus more on Palestine, than ME countries exporting high volumes of Oil?

That's just it. Israel has become a leading arms partner with us, so its not just oil. And the calculus you just stated is flawed in its simplicity. The ME countries are in a symbiotic relationship with the US. They generally speaking have no Navy to speak of. They have no military satellites of their own. If they have access to arms its either through Russia or through the US.

As for the oil markets, we are are the devil they know as opposed to the devil they don't know which is China and a myriad of other countries who would gladly take their oil except there is something the ME countries don't have with those other countries: a trading history.

Do you know how valuable that is when dealing in trillions of dollars of trade?

Still, if Iran (a factor in the overall oil production in the ME) bombs Israel then all bets are off. The Saudi's are arabs and the Palestinians are also. Its a messy tangle there. Those countries might just start thinking, if they haven't already done the ground work, to detour more of the oil to China and other countries that are not so politically tied up in their business.

Imagine, you run the UAE. Your people practice Islam. No matter how rich your family is, your country's people are gonna be hacked off at the knee if they see the US fighting against their fellow Moslems, no? At least a little?

Tell me you're not gonna think twice about who you sell oil to, how high the price is going to be...and that's not even mentioning access to oil deliveries in time of all out conflict in the Gulf.

We've seen what happens within the borders (mostly) of Iraq and Afganistan. Multiply that by a lot more if you drag the whole ME gang in on the action. When it was WMD and just Saddam Hussein, the sheiks weren't caring too much. Security was available. But involve Israel, stuff is going to fly. No one's gonna be happy and oil prices will soar making $70 a barrel look like bottled water.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thank you sentinel and demorior for answering the questions, gave me some good insight.

But I dont believe it will be 10$ a gallon of gas. It would be moe like there wouldnt be much gas at all. And there is no gas chances are shoppign and working are going to be quite difficult to accomplish. And if we dont work, and dont buy, how will we pay any taxes? If we do not pay any taxes, how will the stupid leadership support their war?

We wouldnt even have the fuel to bring our troops back home in time before their nubers start getting picked off big time.

Maudibb, you can come up with quotes all day, but Iran is not the one that has invaded and conqured two countries in three years, with the plans for a third. America has had nuclear weapons for over fifty years, used two of them. That has not done much for global security, seeing as this country has funded or directly caused wars and destabalization in dozens of countries since the end of WWII. For the simple fact that we are right and good, and everyone else is wrong and bad. Our well being is more important than the restof the world. I elieve in co-existence, and mutual respect. Not being the big bully just because we can.

In any case, this is more rhetoric and propoganda, there will not be a war with Iran. Thinking minds are in control, not irrational war junkies with no regard to the well being of our population, and global stability as a whole.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hal - why is a nuclear armed Israel acceptable, but not a nuclear armed Iran?

I do agree that the US should let Israel fight its own fight.

Where did I say that it was acceptable for Israel to have nuclear weapons? I only said that it was unacceptable for Iran to have nuclear weapons because I have no doubt that they would use it. There main target would be Israel though and IMO is not a threat to the US so let Israel do the dirty work and eliminate the threat themselves.

Regarding the topic of military action against Iran for supplying and possibly training insurgents as Joe suggested would not be necessary if the borders were secure and should have been anticipated behavior from a country who is obviously threatened by our presence on both side of their country. The war in Iraq has been mismanaged from the beginning and all the bad things going on are due to the failure of the leadership. A military strike will only make things worst.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

If Lieberman was so concerned with American lives first and foremost, then his concern should be to finish the Iraq BS FIRST and then once we are out of there and at a safe distance concentrate on Iran. To attack Iran while we have people on the ground is not worrying about the lives of Americans on the ground in Iraq. His concern is not for American lives at all.

As far as Israel being a force controlling the prices in oil..I think thats ridiculous. If we had a better rapport with Arab countries we would have better prices. Israel has no oil, has no diplomatic status with any of the arab oil and even South American oil producers for having an agressive stance against the Palestinians as well as other arab countries. If anything she is a harm to our ME relationship with the oil producing nations.

If we were on good terms with arab countries we wouldn't be having the problems over there that we have now.

People like Lieberman making these public calls for an attack should be stifled. It gives these people more determination that they should join up with groups like AQ and attack us. He makes it obvious his concerns are not for the people of America but Israel first. They need to muzzle him.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Psst....hey, in case you haven't noticed. The people of Israel who live there now are partially....arab. Right?

I could be wrong on this, someone correct me quick on this if I am and apologies to the people of Israel if I am.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by newtron25]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Psst....hey, in case you haven't noticed. The people of Israel who live there now are partially....arab. Right?

I could be wrong on this, someone correct me quick on this if I am and apologies to the people of Israel if I am.

Right...and what is your point? You say Israel's security helps us with Arab oil producing nations. If this is true then why is it each time Israel and Iran have words the price of oil jumps? How about Venezuela and her stance on israel's actions in the ME? Did that too bring down the price of oil or do you think it caused speculation to drive the price up? Sorry but you are completely wrong. A handful of the oil producers have switched over from US Petrodollar to Euro. Do you also think thats good for us too?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The largest Petroleum projects, and trade deals, are between Iran and China. The US dollar is being used less and less, the euro dollar more and more to settle petroleum contracts. In the near future the Chinese Yuan will begin to enter world trade platforms, which is terrifying Euro-Bankers.

The USA has been mismanaged and everyone was content to let manufacturing and the middle class disappear.
As a result the USA must borrow money to fund the iraq war...which is estimated to cost 2.2 Trillion through 2016 ( interest on principal + future medical etc) As anyone that has seen government budgets knows, this figure will double or triple before actual costs are established.
This is only a single account...there are dozens upon dozens financed through debt, that you are paying interest upon.

Iran is a scapegoat to avoid dealing with realities this Nation is facing..and the populace is all too happy to avoid dealing with their inept leadership and sinking their teeth in the daily adventures of spoiled heiress brats.

You get the government you deserve.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Right...and what is your point? You say Israel's security helps us with Arab oil producing nations. If this is true then why is it each time Israel and Iran have words the price of oil jumps? How about Venezuela and her stance on israel's actions in the ME? Did that too bring down the price of oil or do you think it caused speculation to drive the price up? Sorry but you are completely wrong. A handful of the oil producers have switched over from US Petrodollar to Euro. Do you also think thats good for us too?

It's not a matter of what's good for us as far as how cheap oil is...which is where you are completely wrong....its a matter of what we are doing in the meantime to replace the heroin with methodone...so to speak.

The drug of refined oil is being pulled away from us by a bigger addict, China, and since they're willing to pay the premium price for whatever is left, we NEED 'lectric cars and other ways to make energy.

As for the point about Israel, the Middle East is so intertwined with tribes, factions and peoples laying birth-right upon birth-right, there is no law or country full of lawyers that could untangle it all by now. Israel exists within and as part of the greater Arab community. The whole oil import/export is actually just the most highly covered and glamorized aspect of what will really happen within 4 to 8 years when our power and leverage in that part of the world finally collapses.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The drug of refined oil is being pulled away from us by a bigger addict, China, and since they're willing to pay the premium price for whatever is left, we NEED 'lectric cars and other ways to make energy.

Yes thats where they are smart. They are not playing favorites with the wrong team. If China aligned its interests with Israeli interests as we have, they would be having the same if not worse problems then we are right now. As it stands each and every country we alienate, China comes behind and sweeps them up as trade partners and contracts huge trade agreements with them. While we shovel billions into Iraq and Billions into Egypt and Israel never to see a penny in return.

Joe Lieberman should be concentrating on improving american image, bringing down our debt and thinking of ways to get us out of Iraq and not worrying about what Israel percieves as a threat.

Even if we get electric cars , you still have to have petroleum for practically everything else somewhere along the line of production or manufacturing.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

An airstrike against Joe Lieberman would be ineffective. His head is so large and thick that it would take too many bombing runs to make a dent.

Haha good point.

But I completely disagree that our alliance in Israel helps our access to oil in any way, shape or form. First, to be straight, the US gets only a small fraction of it's oile from the Middle East. Europe and Japan get far more of their oil from the Gulf than the US does.

Secondly, lets face it, 90% of the political opposition we face in the Mideast is pretty much directly due to our support for the Israeli colny in Palestine. If our access to Gulf oil is cut, it will be (as in 73) due to our support for Israel, not because we failed to support them blindly enough

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Well yes, you bought the war - but you didn't answer my question about why you were there in the first place

I’ll try to answer your question even though you won’t like the answer and won’t believe me. The short answer is: President Bush, like all US Presidents, tried to change the world for the better.

Every President tries to do something to make the world a better place so he can have a good legacy. Clinton tried to make a difference in the Balkans and put a great effort into trying to work out a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians. He wanted peace in the ME to be his legacy but unfortunately it did not happen. The world would have been much better off if he had succeeded.

The great issue of the day for President Bush has been responding to 9/11 and terrorism. He sent the military to Afghanistan to attack the Taliban and proposed new legislation to protect America and her citizens. As with all such actions, some results have been good and some have been disasters. Americans largely supported the President’s actions (at least initially) because we, generally, want the world to be a better place and are inclined to take action to make such progress happen. The idea behind going into Iraq was that the “oppressed” people of the ME want a better life and would embrace democracy and self-determination if they had the chance. If we could break loose the hold of tyrants such as Saddam Hussein and free the “good” people of the ME they would take the opportunity to better their own lives, stamp out terrorism and make the world a better place. A free Iraq would be the catalyst for great changes in the ME just as Poland was a catalyst for changes in Eastern Europe.

It was a simple idea based on a purely American point of view that turned out to be wrong. You can berate President Bush and America for a thousand years over the mistakes we have made and it won’t change what has happened. The fact that President Bush and many Americans (like me) believed this idea and have been proven wrong is not the really big issue here. The real problem now is that the vision of a progressive, democratic ME is not going to happen. At best, we will be dealing with tyrants, terrorists and dictatorships for a long time to come. The more likely scenario is a really nasty regional war in the next 1 to 3 years. A US pullout from Iraq and a different President in 2009 won’t make any difference. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Its more Good cop, Bad cop stuff. Lieberman says this, and Bush says the opposite.
Frankly, i cant stand that Joe. Joe the warmongering nut with the speech impediment, that sounds like he's crying or whinning...the DEMOCRAT JOE.

I love it how some of these people are sitting on a fence and call themselves one thing while they are completely another.

Just spreading fear to the Americans and to the world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join