It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Says: We Must Prepare for Possible Strike on Iran!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
After Iraq, I don't trust the government when it comes to things like this. There is no evidence, except for the government's word, that Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons.

They said the same thing about Iraq, and we still haven't found the WMDs yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think they should stop being a bunch of wussies and just get into an old fashion fist fight! A baby can "accidentally" launch a nuke, but can just anyone fistfight?
No, so if not compete in some competition where the winner gets to embarrass his opponent on live world wide tv and the loser must take it!!!! That ought to settle this little testosterone inflated hormone festering game of risk. Maybe if people stop letting their ego control them this idiotic real life chess where the king is safe guarded by his rook and bishop whilst the pawns get slaughtered in the search for a Queen.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The only WMD's that exist are on Capitol Hill.

They are White Men in Denial...of the Truth!

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I do agree that the US should let Israel fight its own fight.
Seeing as it was the U.S. and Great Britan who put Israel in such a God-forbidden land? There is one problem. If we all let people fight their own fights, then they can easily be annhialated. When we are under attack and in danger, would you not wish for someone to support us?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside

Originally posted by neformore

I do agree that the US should let Israel fight its own fight.
Seeing as it was the U.S. and Great Britan who put Israel in such a God-forbidden land? There is one problem. If we all let people fight their own fights, then they can easily be annhialated. When we are under attack and in danger, would you not wish for someone to support us?

If only countries behaved like people, but as complex entities, they can not.

When we are under attack? Are you meaning "we" as in each one of us, or the "we" as in the collective bodies known as nations?

Would you wish for someone to support us? The fact is, not every country in the world operates in the same way, giving their people the same input towards the process of war making, government structure and law making.

If we did let people fight their own fights, annihilation is not the first thing to expect. When it boils down to it, people are primarily in the business of staying alive.

Peace will happen only by applying its principals as forcefully and adamantly as you may expect to apply military force, if not in the same manner as guns and bombs.

This is where people tend to fall short on keeping peace, because in seconds a city can be destroyed, but it takes decades and centuries to build a lasting and productive peace that governs and leads people's actions.

I'm not sure if we will see that day anytime soon when peace is achieved by means other than warfare, but conflict is within us all as humans. No one is immune to the frustrations of life and everyone has at one point or another come to violence in some way.

As nations, when punches start flying, people do lose lives. The question is, how do you proceed from there?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
YOu have no right to attack Iran
Do not think it would be a piece of cake as Iraq
Iranian has a strong faith and doctrine and they would fight even tougher than hizbullah .

Everyone in Middle east is willing to help them against your transgression ,you just trying to find excuses to destroy another islamic country , you are racist and you will fall

Before attacking another country go fix what you have done to Iraq
Beside I strongly believe God will send you a destructive nature disaster this year ( God Willing )

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
well, I dont know whether this attack on Iran will happen or not, but Joe has made another call for a strike on Iran.......very strange that he would stick his neck out again and say such a thing for a second time...

www.theday.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
well, I dont know whether this attack on Iran will happen or not, but Joe has made another call for a strike on Iran.......very strange that he would stick his neck out again and say such a thing for a second time...

www.theday.com...

How can anyone here pretend to understand the grave responsibility of politicians? How can we know what horrors course through their minds simply deciding the fate of people, nations....let alone giving the orders or recommendations to carry those out?

I have issue with the fact that the short hand is being invoked..."Joe is doing this..." "Joe is doing that...."

The man, whether you agree with the political process or not, whether you believe he has obtained his office by way of standards to your liking....none of that is as important as the respect to be given to this particular person who has become powerful within Congress.

He has the relationships with Israel and other allies that make him one of the leaders who we have no choice but to rely upon for wisdom and clear thinking.

And finally taking into consideration all of the facts that he has at his disposal as compared to the puny and insignificant amount of data we have to make the same decisions he is making....

I am shocked to still be reading how many monday-morning quarterbacks are weighing in on this issue.

Iran is a far, far more developed and advanced situation to deal with than Iraq because we have had very little prior in-depth dealings with them. Is it any wonder that such fear has been generated at the very thought of how to accept their new found nuclear capability?

The world's problems can't so easily be cleaned like some dry-erase board with the dropping of bombs. Think many times, then think some more....then when you're done with that...offer the enemy chocolate.

There's a solution.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Super important issue, time is so important, and theres not much left, you cant have a suicidal regime with a nuclear defensive. HH

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join