It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Says: We Must Prepare for Possible Strike on Iran!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Joe Says: We Must Prepare for Possible Strike on Iran!

www.foxnews.com

Sen. Joseph Lieberman said Sunday the United States should consider a military strike against Iran because of Tehran's involvement in Iraq.

"I think we've got to be prepared to take aggressive military action against the Iranians to stop them from killing Americans in Iraq," Lieberman said. "And to me, that would include a strike over the border into Iran, where we have good evidence that they have a base at which they are training these people coming back into Iraq to kill our soldiers."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How many more times will this type of headline go out before somebody decides to do something?? I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing these guys calling for action against Iran.

I wish thay would just bomb them, and get it over with, I know everyone is sick of hearing these same politians and reading the same headlines over and over, parroting the same thing. I dont think our troops are ever coming home untill Iran is dealt with.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here’s a thought... Why not secure the border so this Iranian support can't get through? No that would make too much sense and would take away a reason to demonize them.

I do agree that I think all this is leading up to a war with Iran. It's as if we are just waiting for an excuse. IMO, this is all unnecessary just like the war in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
one only has to look to our southern border to realize that we're not exactly experts on closing borders. cynical but true.

now, if the powers that be would just quit dickin around and bypass the higher ranking officers and go straight to some of the NCO's in the area and say "close the border" id bet it would get done post haste.

thats just me though

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Joe Lieberman.

This guy is a piece of work.

I remember when he got up an denounced Bill Clinton for his affair with Lewinsky.

When he started, I thought, "I can't believe it, a Democrat with morals."

By the time he finished, he'd waffled so much, I wasn't sure what he'd said.

Iran is going to make war against the west, big time.

When they get a nuclear weapon, unless something is done beforehand, Israel will be toast.

Liberman is good with the talk, but I don't think he's got the follow through.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Liberman is good with the talk, but I don't think he's got the follow through

They all are good with the talk these days, infact I've noticed an increase in these types of news clips.

I wonder if were being set up to accept the strike when it comes?? whenever I see an increase in these types of news articles where senators and congressmen are calling for action, a strike could be following very soon, we know that Bush is certainly willing to act.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I wonder if were being set up to accept the strike when it comes??

I don't need to be set up.

If Iran is not stopped, they will nuke Israel and the US and probably Europe and Great Britain, too.

It's going to happen. It's just a matter of when.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I'm sure YOU don't judging by previously made statements, but a great many people are going to freak-out when the US does strike due to the boisterous statements made by Ahmedinijad concerning retaliation against the US. those types of people need to be conditioned for this action.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I would just like to ask the two of you a couple of questions, legitamate and with genuwine curiousity.

1) Why do you feel that starting a war with Iran is an acceptable scenario?
2) What repercussions for our side do you see by starting a war with Iran?
3) If it came time to draft for war with Iran (not you Grady, because I know you have done your serivce already and are not within the parameters for doing so again at this point in time) would you go?
4) What goals do you believe will be accomplished by starting a war with Iran?

These are just a few questions I am directly asking you two, because I am curious to hear some mature dialogue from a few of the war advocates.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If Iran is planing to attack Israel/the West, if it has government sponcered camps training insurgents to attack and destablize Iraq and Afganistan, if they are developing and would use nuclear weapons against any other nation, than I think there is a responcibility for someone to go in and stop them, but preferably with air strikes, not an invasion/occupation. It would also have to be coupled with a very strong propaganda campain to the Iranian people with the hopes they don't turn against us. The Iranian public seems to be much more moderate than the government.

But having said that, given the risks of turning the general Iranian population totally against whomever would strike them (most specificly America) and the possiblity of turning the wider Arab world's moderates against us, ANY government (namely Israel and/or America) that chose to make such strikes, at any extent, had better show some SERIOUS, very real, very proveable evidence of all claims BEFORE any strike happened. Also, such evidence should be brough before the UN, even if they don't agree, just to make sure everyone around the world knows everything else was tried before a strike was made.

It'll be sad if any attack happens, more dead, Iranians, Iraqis, Americans, Israelis, and anyone else involved. All death is sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

If Iran is planing to attack Israel/the West, if it has government sponcered camps training insurgents to attack and destablize Iraq and Afganistan, if they are developing and would use nuclear weapons against any other nation,

thats quite a big IF there buddy, and not the least of which can be backed up by any real evidence. In any case, if you are also advocating war with Iran, would you midn answering the four questions I posted, in the proper order if it is not too much to ask. I just want to see how you feel with those issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I did actually answer some of your questions in my post, but I'll number them out, sense I didnt get them all. Also, please check my second paragraph in my last post, I pretty much agreed with everything you said. Big if's, and I would demand proven evidence. Go reread it, you'll see I agree with you.

1. As I said before, I would only support a war with Iran if it was limited to air strikes to prevent proven targets (not saying their already proved, I havent seen any evidence like that, saying it would have to be well documented and proved first) and not an invasion, which would be pointless. We would only need to stop certain things, camps and nuclear development. The government is a democracy, the unstable president will (hopefully) be gone soon, I can't see any need to invade.

2. Repercussions could be great, but it depends on which country. Sense its mainly Israel or the USA, we'll discuss those. Israel could see a war with Syria and open ground conflict with Iran, and possibly more countries. The USA would likely have one more country (at least one more that is) in the middle east that hates it, and a decrease in favor across the middle east. I wouldnt include increase Iranian support in Afganistan or Iraq, cause if the strikes do their job there would be a decrease.

3. Yes, I would serve. I'm actually thinking of doing so at some point in the next year. Which is weird, sense I don't have a strong connection with the USA at all, dispite living here. I'm considering joining because I love tradition and honor, and greatly respect people in the military, as well as farmers, fisherman, and other traditional jobs where you earn your living.

4. Gains would be preventing an unstable government from gaining nuclear weapons, and from training and providing material to insurgents in Iraq and Afganistan. I guess one could also hope for a popular uprising and overthrowing the unstable president, but thats more unlikely, tho the Iranian people in general have had a fairly good history with the West. I wouldnt support a ground invasion, but if one did happen, I guess there would be some form of oil gains, though I would consider any such gains dishonorable and a great misuse of force.

Again, I would like to restate my original posts second paragraph. If any form of engagment was to take place, I had better see some seriously good proof well in advance, something undisputable. I don't see that yet. Iran is to far away from developing a bomb and theres no solid proof of camps, tho I believe there is proof of supplying weapons to insurgents in Iraq and Afganistan. But for now, theres time for other options, unless other evidence comes forward. Good evidence.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I wonder if were being set up to accept the strike when it comes??

If Iran is not stopped, they will nuke Israel and the US and probably Europe and Great Britain, too.

It's going to happen. It's just a matter of when.

What kind of propaganda is this? Are you kidding me? Seriously, the same things were said about Iraq.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

1) Why do you feel that starting a war with Iran is an acceptable scenario?

Let me state right here that I do not feel that this action is what I believe to be acceptable but more like....... inevitable. what actions will start this conflict is of a paramount importance due to the political fallout that will determine how the world reacts to each side involved.

I believe that Iran would have already started this war, if they had no regard for world opinion, but Ahmedinjad is not as stupid as he looks. should this war start on the wrong footing for Iran, then it would surely snowball against them.

2) What repercussions for our side do you see by starting a war with Iran?

Ten dollar a gallon gas for starters, then there is the possibility of inflaming other muslim nations to come to the aid of their Islamic brothers.

possible repercussions from China and Russia could mean military aid for Iran in the form of active help directly from their military. this of coarse would open a "pandora's box" of other senerios, use your imagination.

Then there would be the activation of the sleeper cells that have been planted here by the Islamic extreamist groups and are funded and trained by Iran.

I could go on, but you get the picture I'm sure.

3) If it came time to draft for war with Iran (not you Grady, because I know you have done your serivce already and are not within the parameters for doing so again at this point in time) would you go?

I also did a stint in the military(air force) I doubt they would take me back at forty three years of age, but if asked, I would go in a minute.

4) What goals do you believe will be accomplished by starting a war with Iran?

Well hopefully if things went well we would see some settling down in Iraq for our troops there, no more roadside bombs hopefully which I believe they have stated are being manufactured in Iran. also the threat of nuclear weapons being used to "wipe Israel off the map" would be neutralized.

Sorry it took me so long to reply I'm at work on the company computer and I've had to do other things while answering your questions.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I have a brilliant answer to stopping American troops getting killed in Iraq.

Its for them not to be there.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
I have a brilliant answer to stopping American troops getting killed in Iraq.

Its for them not to be there.

Your view is a little short sighted, we started something we should finish, leaving now would cause the young democracy to fold like a house of cards and plung the country into civil war.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Your view is a little short sighted, we started something we should finish, leaving now would cause the young democracy to fold like a house of card and plung the country into civil war.

Umm..

Its already IN Civil War, in case you hadn't noticed.

As for finishing what you started - remind me why you went there in the first place?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Umm..
Its already IN Civil War, in case you hadn't noticed.

It's not a full scale civil war, It's an insurgency trying to start a civil war.

As for finishing what you started - remind me why you went there in the first place?

Your right on that account, but we crazy americans always feel the need to rebuild the countries that we destroy through war, call it a weakness on our part. But we just cant stand to leave a country wallowing in the ruins of their war torn land.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You know I agree that a nuclear Iran is not an acceptable situation. I have no doubt that they would use it on Israel. But something I don't understand is why do we, the USA has to deal with Iran? Why not let Israel take care of it's own threats? I am beginning to believe what they say about Israel controlling the US.

If we weren't in Iraq, Iran would not be a threat to us. Even though we have not been on good terms in the past that does not justify a military strike by the US. Try putting yourself in their position and ask yourself if you would not be doing the same thing Iran is doing if an invading country right next door was threatening you on two borders. If you can’t see that and take it into consideration then you are as blind as you are shortsighted.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Your right on that account, but we crazy americans always feel the need to rebuild the countries that we destroy through war, call it a weakness on our part. But we just cant stand to leave a country wallowing in the ruins of their war torn land.

Well yes, you bought the war - but you didn't answer my question about why you were there in the first place

Hal - why is a nuclear armed Israel acceptable, but not a nuclear armed Iran?

I do agree that the US should let Israel fight its own fight.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join