It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimming Sun?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is a question for everyone. Has anybody else noticed that the sun seems dimmer?

I don't know if it's me, but lately it seems like the sun isn't shining as bright as I used to remember it. Don't get me wrong, it is still bright but for some reason it seems like it used to shine a bit brighter.

I don't think I'm the only one to experience this, i have asked other people and they seem to say the same thing.

What do you all think of this? Comments?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yep, the longer you look at it the dimmer it will get.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well, I am not sure if the sun is dimmer on its own, but there does seem to be an awful lot of dust in the earth's atmosphere lately that could explain it. The moon has more often than not been brown and orange due to all this dust and it isn't a lunar eclipse either.

Maybe this is what you are noticing? I cannot concur as I usually don't stare at the sun.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
mizzu, i think you're on to something.

Of course, when i say the sun seems dimmer, i don't mean that I am actually looking at it. I mean that it is shining dimmer, like not as much light is coming through the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I personally don't think the sun is getting dimmer. The sun keeps its brillance regardless of what ever we think on this earth.

What I've personally witnessned in the last few years is a 'smog' building up around the earth. - fog/haze

I haven't seen a 'great sunshining day in ages'.

When's the last time we had a BEAUTIFUL blue sky day?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think that may be it duckster, there's too much crap in the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Char Siu Bow - Ha Gow - Siu Mi...

Doh sorry! That's Dim Sum not dimming sun!!

Smogfest 2007 - In Hong Kong they count the number of clear days that you can see from one side of the habour to the other, it gets less year after year.

Maybe if everyone sticks their hoover nozzle out of the window for five minutes, we can all help to clean the air.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I think that may be it duckster, there's too much crap in the atmosphere.

Yes my friend!

There has been a significant buildup of crap and smog crap in the last few decades.

Humble, I ACTUALLY remember when I looked up into the sky and saw a BEAUTIFUL FRIGGIN BLUE color to the sky...I swear to God. There was actually a time when people could look up to the heavens and see the colorful fingerprints of God. But no longer...No longer do we view these wonderful and exciting optic visions.

Chem-friggin-trails have pervaded the skies, and every time we all look up in wonder, it's not because we ask why the sky is so beautiful, 'we inquiire as to when we can breathe our next breath'; this next breath determines as to the ever-changing lungs that humans use and abuse, according to our war-torn/technologically supporting idiosycronisities.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Strange coincidence... Lately, my friend Henry has been commenting about the sky a lot, saying things like "Hey the sky isn't as purple anymore..." and "The sun is becoming darker..." and other comments like these.

Personally, I think Henry can be a delusional idiot at times, but he and I are great friends anyways. So, TheHumbleOne, did you notice anything about the hue of the sky changing too? Maybe you and my friend Henry should go bowling sometime.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I personally don't think the sun is getting dimmer. The sun keeps its brillance regardless of what ever we think on this earth.

What I've personally witnessned in the last few years is a 'smog' building up around the earth. - fog/haze

I haven't seen a 'great sunshining day in ages'.

Well you need to move to ND if you do not get a nice sunny day. Durin the summer we get non stop nice shiny no cloud days.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have noticed the light from the sun getting dimmer and dimmer each year. In fact, it's been probably 2 years since I've seen a perfectly beautiful bright sunny day.
I don't know if you are experiencing this, but I have less of a motivation to get up each morning and be happy. I wake up to marine layer aka smog that lasts all day long. It's disturbing my happiness on some level. Strange. I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this...

I keep hoping for that one special day when it will be sunny and bright again...

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladarl

I have noticed the light from the sun getting dimmer and dimmer each year. In fact, it's been probably 2 years since I've seen a perfectly beautiful bright sunny day.
I don't know if you are experiencing this, but I have less of a motivation to get up each morning and be happy. I wake up to marine layer aka smog that lasts all day long. It's disturbing my happiness on some level. Strange. I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this...

I keep hoping for that one special day when it will be sunny and bright again...

Well come to ND it hasnt changed!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
i am excited that there is a new post about this! i had opened a thread a while back, but i didnt really follow up on it....i post it HERE just for reference.

______

since that post, i have become less sure about my convictions. however, i still suspect that the galactic convergence that is predicted by the 2012 concept involves a "solar event" of some kind. (although i am not convinced that Dec 21, 2012 is an accurate date)

still though....the sun just doesnt seem to penetrate as deeply as it should.

also related is that i have experienced peculiar gravitational phenomena recently. it may be all in my head....never can really tell. guess we will just have to wait and see.

great post!

dkp

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
No. Infact its probaly brighter because the sun grows, not shink in age.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by NLDelta9]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Come to Australia..... Atleast half the time there is not a single cloud in the sky...
To be honest I hate it.

Anyway, ontopic, nah I don't think the sun's dimming. Perhaps it's because you're in the southern hemisphere and it's getting winter here?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
This is a question for everyone. Has anybody else noticed that the sun seems dimmer?

I don't know if it's me, but lately it seems like the sun isn't shining as bright as I used to remember it. Don't get me wrong, it is still bright but for some reason it seems like it used to shine a bit brighter.

I don't think I'm the only one to experience this, i have asked other people and they seem to say the same thing.

What do you all think of this? Comments?
Hi humbleone. I agree with you. I've been noticing this the last ten years or so. That was before all the programmes about global dimming. I'm sure the sun used to shine a bit brighter than it does today. It's like there's a filter way high up in the sky. Probably pollution particles. Maybe we're both a bit more sensitive to what we see. Or maybe our eyes are fading due to age. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Maybe you just live in a very polluted zone?
Here where i'm at it seems like it's starting to get more blue-ish cloud-less rather than less blue-ish more cloudy.

But then again, it's as good as summer.

[edit on 2/6/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I live in the vally in California, there has not been a clear sunny day in a long time, a persint haze is what we get here, all the time. But we do get chemtrail/contrail/areosal trails in the sky on a daily bases, been here 3 years, not good stuff.

Last sunny nice, buetiful day was back in Florida... a long time ago, on the other side of the country....

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9
No. Infact its probaly brighter because the sun grows, not shink in age.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by NLDelta9]

Yep. In fact, for that reason, the solar system's 'habitable zone' is becoming warmer and slowly pushing outwards over time. At some point within the next billion years, it is expected that the Earth will become uninhabitable.

I definitely don't think the sun is dimming. Its probably an issue with the pollution content of the atmosphere where the original poster lives. Myself, I find that on days of higher atmospheric pollution, the sunlight actually appears brighter than on clear days. I would assume this is due to more light being scattered across the sky by particles in the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I hadn't taken notice of the sun being less bright on a daily basis but my image below is a common result on my frequent Chemspray days.

If you google "Sun Halo" in Google Images you can see many more pictures similar to the one I took and can see Chemtrails (at least to the trained eye) in the majority of them.

Sun Halo's

As much as I hate being Chemsprayed 4 or 5 times a week, I am hoping for it today. I have sod to install and temp is suppose to hit triple digits
. Not a plane or Chemtrail in sight so far. Where are the SOB's when I actually need them.

i39.photobucket.com...

mod edit to prevent page skewing.
Please read this link-ATTN: Image Size Guidelines

[edit on 2-6-2007 by sanctum]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join