It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is remote viewing? Is it legit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I recently heard a radio program about the development of remote viewing. What is it all about? And is it effective?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What it is, is seeing through the mind. Many people have claimed not only to have done it, but they have claimed to see into the past, present, future, as well as other galactic places. I'm an avid listener of Coast To Coast AM, and while I believe that some of the people brought into the program are up to their hair gel in dino doo-doo, alot of them have claimed the ability to remote view.

It's also been said that the US and Soviet governments had extensive testing in RV'ing, to the point where the Soviets even tried to RV past presidents.

I cannot say that I've seen this happen in any way, and I don't claim to know that it is real, although I do try to keep an open mind to the possibility that it is real.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Remote viewing is the supposed ability to see places without going there. As a scientist I have to take a critical attitude and say tis complete BS and all cold reading yet as previous poster pointed out many past governments have taken interest.

Here are two documents released through the Freedom of Information Act by the British Ministry of Defence re: Remote Viewing:
www.mod.uk...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Didn’t the United States have a remote viewing program in the 50 ‘s and 60’s? Anyone know if it’s still going on or if there’s such a department anywhere?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
Didn’t the United States have a remote viewing program in the 50 ‘s and 60’s? Anyone know if it’s still going on or if there’s such a department anywhere?

See my paper "Project Star Gate: $20 Million Up in Smoke & Mirrors" - a free download at:

www.xeper.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The U.S. program went right into the 70's. It was run from the same army post where NSA is housed (FT. George G. Meade). No positively proven results were ever published concerning the trials.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Read The Stargate Chronicles: Memoirs of a Psychic Spy (Hardcover) by Joseph McMoneagle (Author)

He claims he was sought out for this experience because of his prior "near death experience". The requirement to have a near death experience conveniently provides a reason to ignore any argument from about 99.9999% of the population.

He claims to have remote viewed the Ark of the Covenant. Nothing about remote viewing the shower room at Vassar.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The CIA thought it was real enough to conduct experiments on Remote Viewing so in my opinion there is something to it.
They claim the experiments were a failure but do you really believe that the CIA would admit success in experiments like this?
It would be hard to tell if it was successful or not because either way they would either say it wasnt or they would say nothing at all.
In this case they say that it was not successful but who knows

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Didnt the US Gov employ the faker Uri Geller and pay him millions to do some remote viewing.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
During the early 60's, Soviet scientists discovered a little girl who had the ability to move objects just by staring at them. This was called Telekinesis and the Soviets spent billions of roubles in researching ESP, Telekinesis and Pyrokinesis whilst other scientists concentrated on Hypnotism and all the other wierd and wonderful fringes of the Paranormal. The Soviets were also spending huge amounts of money researching mind control.

CIA learned of this and wanted in. As I understand it, various black programes were established throughout the States, the UK and Germany.

One such programe was the 'Dream Walkers'. Dream Walkers were those who supposedly demonstrated the ability to 'remotely view' a certain area by visiting them whilst asleep, having been given nothing more than a grainy, half exposed photograph to look at.

There were several Dream Walkers who demonstrated this ability to such an extent, that they were often 'sent' on deep penetration missions inside the Soviet Union.

That was the explanation given the Ubi Magazine series called 'The Unexplained' way back in the 70's.

I remember reading at the time, that there were problems within the programe because the Soviets had more experienced Dream Walkers and these 'people' were able to intercept others and eliminate them.

Sounds far fetched, doesn't it? But there again, remember Steven King's 'Firestarter'? Or how about 'The Matrix'?

I wonder where they got their ideas from? Spooky!

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I had all the requisite clearances at the time, I read all the reports that were available on the subject. Some reports seemed to indicate success in viewing installations--and other things--at select remote locations, but the supposedly successful trials were not able to be repeated by others, or the same people, and there was absolutely no consistency of results--ever. At least that I became aware of.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The US Military and Intelligence Community took particular interest in remote viewing after they noticed heavy Soviet activity in this field. Given that this was at the height of the Cold War any gap between us and the Soviets, no matter the field, was seen as unacceptable. And given the the different political climate at the time where anything to counter the Soviets was encouraged the US started a Psychic Espionage program. This employed multiple US military personnel and later government employed civilians who showed a gift for "remote viewing". Largely run by the DIA and later involving the CIA/NSA the program proved to be very credible with undeniable results. It never gained the respect and credibility it deserved, naturally, but trust me it was not BS and these people could do incredible things. They were tested by the skeptics in the government under fool proof scenarios and circumstances and the results were astonishingly accurate. Funny story here... I'll post later...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I saw a program on the sci-fi channel i think it was "Proof Positive" and they said that it work in an accuracy of 80%, i think but don't quote me on that I'm going all from memory. And i think they did it again on the discovery channel on a different show, and proved it to work there as well. But then again you know what they say about what you see on tv.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Here's a link to Nick Pope article on the MoD documents that's been circling the big sites recently. Many of you already know but, he was with the MoD from 91-94 as part of the UFO project. Pretty credible I'd say.

www.theparanormalreport.com...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wish everyone could remote view. No more secrets, no reason to lie...you'll get found out anyway. What a different place the world would be... I'd be searching the ocean for archeological finds, exploring caves deep underground... I wonder if I can bring a "remote" flashlight...? Other worlds would be cool too, but I'd be most interested in the earth and moon.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
I wish everyone could remote view. No more secrets, no reason to lie...you'll get found out anyway. What a different place the world would be... I'd be searching the ocean for archeological finds, exploring caves deep underground... I wonder if I can bring a "remote" flashlight...? Other worlds would be cool too, but I'd be most interested in the earth and moon.

Actually the Internet Age is bringing us very close to this with features like GoogleEarth. Not quite real time yet, but this sort of technology keeps advancing at astonishing speed. You may not be able to drive to Area 51, but in GoogleEarth you can land right in the middle of it and wander through the streets. Or dive down to the Titanic and swim around it, etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by maquino

Where the hell have you found that you can land right in the middle of Area 51?! Cos there's a lot of us who'd like to know...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigred1000

I recently heard a radio program about the development of remote viewing. What is it all about? And is it effective?

Remote viewing is the idea that a person could be given a picture of some building, person or building, then just by relaxing and letting their mind wander on that subject, that could pick up bits of information that just pop into their mind. Usually the remote viewers would be located somewhere free from distraction by other people, like a dimly lit soundproof room. Maybe they could see "inside a building" and see lines of source code on a screen or the design of a vehicle.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigred1000

Hi bigred.

Do a search on the book:
PENETRATION
Ingo Swann
ISBN 0-966-7674-0-3

It is a PDF.

! ! ! The man was SO GOOD in remote viewing that he worked
for the "organisation?" 13 or 15 years ! ! !

He talked about the surface of Venus, BEFORE any satellite went there !!
. . .and he was right !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Proof has been presented in four books and in numerous research papers, magazine and newspaper articles for the existence of a human faculty to remote view subatomic particles. They were described over a century ago in a way that is consistent with facts of nuclear physics established many decades later and with discoveries and concepts in particle physics, such as quarks, the string model of QCD and superstrings.
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
Here is highly convincing evidence for a form of ESP known to yogis as a siddhi with the Sanskrit name of "anima". In fact it is so irrefutable that no one dares to discuss it in academic circles. That's because, unlike all other alleged forms of ESP, it allows no escape clauses (chance, cheating, lucky guessing, etc) for sceptics to use in order to disbelieve its existence and maintain their scientific respectability amongst their peers. So, rather than admit that they have no conventional explanation for the high degree of correlation with facts and ideas of nuclear and particle physics, scientists (with a few notable exceptions) employ their fall-back tactic of ignoring the research as though it never existed.
Evaluate the evidence for yourselves and don't let your conclusions be influenced by the prejudices of others.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join