It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cho Seung Hui View A UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's probably a photo he downloaded from ATS

Any members missing since yesterday?

I'm only half joking. I've often wondered how many people on boards like this are psychotics or people in prisons. Some of the statements I've read here are pretty scary.

The photo is the sky with an unidentifiable dot in it. Could be anything including a speck of dirt on the sensor or the lens. To suspect it is a UFO is a bit over the top I think.

Threads like this are even more ridiculous considering the gravity of what occurred yesterday. Including the bizarre thread where it is proposed that the shootings might be a government conspiracy. In fact it reinforces the concept the general public has that we are all nuts. With threads like these popping up all the time I doubt anyone will ever take this place seriously. I'm personally surprised at the threads that are allowed by the moderators. What if a family member reads one of these

[edit on 4/19/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A tad confused ... did Cho send in a "printed" or "hand written" Manifesto with "loose" photos and the DVD or was there en bedded photos placed in a PDF file that was burned on the same DVD along with the videos that he sent?

If the pics posted online by NBC are "loose" photos, laid out and photographed by NBC to show the world some of the photos/manifesto they received then it would be possible that the actual photos in the hands of NBC could have contracted some "dirt" and thus making me wish it to be so simple as to call NBC and ask them to slightly brush over that sky photo and see if that "black dot" becomes removed lol.

If all photos are digitally taken then can that "black dot" be seen on any other photos? If so then lens dirt or camera error may explain the "black dot(s)".

Im not seeing much of anything indicating helicopter landing gear/poles underneath or a rotary blade on top tho it does look as if the camera captured "heat" if such thing is possible to capture on a small digital device at that distance.

It is interesting.

Buzz.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Looks like a helicpoter to me. The title to this post threw me off, I REALLY don't want to make this into some tabloid disinfomercial. The guy was insane and thats that. It had nothing to do with anything other than the fact he was damaged goods.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchful1
is their a way to obtain the whole thing through FOIA?

The Freedom of Information Act doesn't apply to physical evidence being held in connection with a murder investigation, much less a mass-murder investigation. So far, the FBI says the manifesto doesn't contain much useful information, so I anticipate that it will eventually be released intact — same way the Columbine videos were released (amid much controversy).

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't see him as a sick individual.
Bush has killed more people than this kid, and noone seems to be making news headlines about that.
He was abused, rather mentally/physically, etc, and he struck out.
How can we blame him for this?
Yes, it's a total shame, that 33 people had to die.
I am in no way saying he was right for his actions.
However, I am saying that man is a killing machine by nature...let someone push you around long enough, and see if you don't at least THINK about offing someone.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The photo is the sky with an unidentifiable dot in it. Could be anything including a speck of dirt on the sensor or the lens. To suspect it is a UFO is a bit over the top I think.

A UFO is an "unidentified flying object"... So far this thread has only asked the question what is it? And a few of us have tried to answer — nobody is saying anything about extraterrestrials except you people who keep objecting to the thread for no reason.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
With threads like these popping up all the time I doubt anyone will ever take this place seriously. I'm personally surprised at the threads that are allowed by the moderators. What if a family member reads one of these.

Wow, Blaine, here's a concept — what if you actually read the entire thread? Then you'd know how ridiculous and out-of-place your objection sounds. We're just discussing a photograph, and the concensus is that it may be a helicopter. Nobody is talking about "flying saucers" or "moth men" or anything else of a paranormal nature.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers
I don't see him as a sick individual. Bush has killed more people than this kid, and noone seems to be making news headlines about that.

George Bush hasn't killed anyone. If you insist on politicizing this massacre, try lashing out at your "anti-war" members of Congress who voted for the war and financed it.

He was abused, rather mentally/physically, etc, and he struck out. How can we blame him for this?

How do you know he was "abused"? This maniac stalked women, was a known mental case, wrote violent fantasies, and finally murdered 33 people. That's about all we know. So, where are you getting this information that he was "abused"?

I am saying that man is a killing machine by nature...let someone push you around long enough, and see if you don't at least THINK about offing someone.

There's no indication, thus far, that anyone pushed Cho around, much less pushed him to the brink of mass-murder. The man was insane, sick in the head, had a history of bizarre and antisocial behavior. His parents are in the hospital, in shock over this.

Sometimes you just need to pull your head out of your butt and admit that some people are evil and some people go nuts, and yes, the killer is to blame, not the gun, not society, not the president, not global warming.

God! I can't stand it when people dig down deep to defend psychotic killers.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/19/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My initial point of view was this had to have been a surveillance device at VERY least because there is no way this picture would have been included in the manifesto.

I was then shocked to learn nobody had pointed this out on any site or ATS, and since I always wanted a thread where photoshop experts would have a "go" at it this has been my dream come true.

Above all else, I will not be satisfied with any explaination until I am able to read the ENTIRE 23 pages of the manifesto and see all (approx) 10 minutes of video, etc.. as presented by Cho to msnbc.

Are you with me that ANY exception to receiving and reviewing this document in its entirety would be let down? All the experts can save their analysis, in my opinion, until the entire document is available...

I wonder if there is an explaination of this picture- in the manifesto or otherwise. Most likely it is the first wave of air patrol coming to the aid of the university... keep discussing!

And to Blaine91555: You were sorta right.. I'm in a juvenile hall. I'm a teacher, not an inmate! I go home at night, thankfully....

And to address the issue of whether it's DIRT on the lense.... you must be dense if you really believe that. This picture DID NOT belong to the manifesto were it just a picture of the "ominous" sky. A picture of clouds was the last thing Cho wanted in a manifesto. Everything had meaning... every element of every photo had relevance to him and this is no exception. The only way this picture was included on the selections of the MSNBC was because of this incredible oversight.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh and these photos are ALL from the PDF file to my knowledge, I'm not sure there were loose photos or not...

Seems like a black helicopter.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

LMAO, well as a matter of fact i did see a small dark dot in the clouds in that image.
cant paste it in here because it is flash.

As an FYI, you can always do a Print Screen (which then copies it to the clipboard), then paste it into Paint even, and then use the select tool (dotted line box) to crop. Then, copy/paste into a new Paint file, and save as a jpeg, bitmap, etc. and voila', there's your pic.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by The_unraveller
go back a couple of years...was he crazy then?

Uh, yeah... Almost two years ago

2 years ago isn't enough... he was 21, I assume.

They say he was a loner and never talked to anyone, etc. Was he the like this when he was like... say 15? or 10? Was he like this when he was back in S. Korea? Did this "mental-illness" start when he started attending VT? I would like to know. It's not reasonable to judge someones whole life by looking at a timespan of 2 years.

I assume if your mentally-ill then you would have that defect at an early stage, right? If not... something must've made him go "crazy"...

As for the pic of the UFO... I think its a helicopter. there is a circular blur (like a rotor in motion) above the object.

Edited to add: I read what his uncle said... OK so he was a quiet kid and anti-social. I can remember when I was a kid, I didn't talk much either.

But his grandfather said he was a "well behaved child"... but I'll leave it until the whole manifesto comes out.

As for the mass killings... You get "sicko's" in the military too... but then again, no-one actually pays attention to that. I'm not sympathizing. I look at more than one problem, and compare them to each other and decide for myself which is worse... there are people who are much worse than Cho.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by The_unraveller]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
LMAO--Yea, the Kling-Ons are taking over, take cover immediately!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Oh Please, Enough Already. Let's get one thing straight. The shooting of 32 people in the USA this week had absolutrly nothing to do with UFO's Ailens or anything else. It was just a very sick man who had a gun and went round shooting people. he should have been sectioned yonks ago from what i see comming out in the news. The real question you should be asking yourselves is this. Should the availability of guns, assualt rifles, machine guns be banned? I certaintly think so. How many more people have to die? Here in the UK noone has a gun. Not legally anyway. So as such shootings are very rare here and only happen in a drugs gang killing or something of that nature. Sure we had the Hungerford Massacre and Dumblane but in the States these shootings happen on a frequent basis.

So let's start a thread on the USA's gun laws and not trash the serious issues of UFO's and ailens by suggesting this sicko somehow had a UFO connection.

I disagree. Guns May be used to harm people, but what are people going to do when one of those others that has a gun illegally comes at them with the gun, just cower? Guns protect people to, just the other day in my hometown a Woman fended off an intruder by Having a Gun, the Man ran like hell when he saw that gun, who knows what would've happend to her or her stuff had she not had that little gun. No I don't believe we should have gun control, I don't believe the government has the right to tell us we can't own guns because it's there job to protect us, and since they can't be everywhere at once (nor do most people want them everywhere) we should be able to protect ourselves first and wait for 'back up' from police or other law enforcement.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Also, about how long he was mentally ill. Those first two pictures in his manifesto seem to show him smiling and enjoying himself in a car. I wonder if someone (or something/group) didn't hurt him to the point that he snapped. It might be interesting to look into his history, ask his parents if he ever had any friends, that sorta thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chetinglendalevillage
The picture of the sky had something in it. Possibly ... a satellite.. or ufo. Or, even more obvious... was it a helicopter? Did anyone else catch this?
Take a look and tell me what YOU see.

Hmm... this looks like a ufo or a black helicopter. If you read what he says after that picture:
"Are you happy now that you have destroyed my life?"
you can clearly see that the statement (as well as some following statements) are directed at the picture. Keep in mind that not all of the pages have been shown yet... wonder what might be the reason for the cover-up...

Before I go further with my conclusion, notice that throughout the ramblings, Cho continuously refers to his enemy as "You".

If you then look on page 11, you see a picture with a cross, eyes, and a heart shape. The eyes look like a variation on "the eye that sees the future", associated with aliens and the "secret alien government of the future" and time travellers (even John Titor claimed that he had an insignia that looked like an eye). With the cross in the picture, it looks like Cho is mixing in this symbolism with religion. After all, the "eye that sees the future" encompasses a group of folks that claim to be "Everything, everywhere, everybody", kind of like some religions (like Science of Mind) refer to god.

With what appears to be a UFO/Black helicopter picture on page 2 that Cho is directing anger towards (as if directing anger towards what is in the sky, possibly aliens or time travellers from who knows where) and with the symbolism on subsequent pages, neglecting pages that have not been released (and I must ask, what may be the reason for not releasing them?), I say that Cho was caused to do this by harassment from a group known as the "Federal Police".

The so-called "Federal Police" does not have an official name. Their insignia resembles an eye with 2 swirls surrounding it -- one on the top, one on the bottom (I'd have to draw it for you folks and post it for any interested). The "Federal Police" are like the MIB, but appear in larger numbers and can harass folks for life, driving them to extremes. The local police or FBI are generally unable to handle these folks, as when asked about them they only say "I don't know what you're talking about". The "Federal Police" are associated with aliens and UFOs, as they are sometimes seen associating with them. These folks can be found in the USA, Canada, or just about anywhere.

For any folks that are unable to find any of the information that I have listed, it is because these folks go by a zillion different names in different books. One book even refers to them as "CIA domestic operations". My conclusion is that this is the "You" he is refering to.

From my observations, that is my assessment.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think this thread is unnecessary at this time. 32 innocent people have just died and you are trying to find links to aliens in it. This is one 'theory too far for me.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
tbh i think he was just using the sky pic as a kind of heaven reference.
I think the black dot is just a fault on the photograph
could be wrong of course, but its the first thing i thought he was referring the picture to.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
Did he see something worthy enough of aiming upward and taking a picture of what he thought was "them" again off at such a far distance enhancing his delusional and paranoid thoughts?

IMO I read this image of sky - 'there will I go - after all is 'finished"

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

2 years ago isn't enough... he was 21, I assume.

Well, you said a "couple of years" — I usually take "couple" as meaning two.

They say he was a loner and never talked to anyone, etc. Was he the like this when he was like... say 15? or 10? Was he like this when he was back in S. Korea? Did this "mental-illness" start when he started attending VT? I would like to know. It's not reasonable to judge someones whole life by looking at a timespan of 2 years.

From what I've seen so far, Cho was already weird in high school, which is a bad place to be weird — naturally, his weird behavior made him the target of ridicule.

Cho in High School

But the point is that he was already screwed up, high school didn't make him that way. Going further back, his family worried about him as a little child because he didn't speak. I mean, they thought he was a mute for a long time.

Cho's Childhood

To me, this sounds like he was autistic as a kid, had underdeveloped social skills, probably some early learning disabilities — which can all be indicative of "bad wiring," or at least some kind of chemical imbalance. However, you have to face it, he made it into Virginia Tech, so he wasn't completely incapacitated.

I assume if your mentally-ill then you would have that defect at an early stage, right? If not... something must've made him go "crazy"

The human brain is a fairly delicate bucket of goo — doesn't take much to tip its chemical balance. I've known people who were mentally healthy all of their lives, who just suddenly experienced a psychotic break — complete mental breakdown, schizophrenia, voices, the whole nine yards — with no warning whatsoever. I've also seen healthy people gradually slide into deep depression for no apparent reason. Usually attributed to chemical imbalance. There are people like Charles Whitman, the University of Texas sniper, who suffer from undiagnosed brain tumors that just kick them over the edge one day.

But there are also people who are just the personification of evil, and they grow up knowing how to hide their dark side. Serial killer Ted Bundy was like that — was described from an early age as just losing it, transforming into something evil. And Ted grew up to charm everyone he met — when he wasn't murdering an as-yet-unknown number of women across the country.

I think this guy, Cho Seung-Hui, falls somewhere in-between born mentally ill and born evil... He was obviously capable of learning, but part of him just harbored the darkest and most violent fantasies, and he decided to start living out the fantasies. NOTE: Cho made a conscious decision to do this thing, apparently acknowledging that it was wrong — some might argue that, for this reason, he was quite sane, which would mean that he acted out of pure evil.

However, I'm not so sure that Cho's brain was hitting on all cylinders — his manifesto, or what we've seen of it, seems to indicate that his accusations were all over the place, and yes, he does seem incoherent (or at least delusional) in most of the QuickTime videos.

Okay, I'm so far off-topic now that I couldn't find my way back with a roadmap. Sorry.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/19/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I think this thread is unnecessary at this time. 32 innocent people have just died and you are trying to find links to aliens in it.

50/50, if you'd actually read the thread, you'd know we aren't discussing aliens or ionized discs or flying humans. We're discussing a sky pic, trying to determine the photo's significance in regard to Cho Seung-Hui's motivation.

— Doc Velocity

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join