It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Me Walking By A Streetlight. Q for Experiencers/Witnesses: Strong EM Field?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I see street lights go off or on quite often. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. What I've been trying to figure out lately is how do I keep getting so much static electricity coming off of me. For instance this evening, I got shocked touching several items in a grocery store. The price wasn't the shocking part either.

I tend to see more street lights turn on rather than off when I go under them. I feel like it's probably a coincidence though. In college, I once asked my roomate why he kept turning on his bed light during the middle of the night. He told me he thought it was lightning a lot during the night. Anyway as an experiment, he shook his bed blanket only about a foot away from his light and the light stayed lit up for a whole minute. It wasn't even plugged in.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaFan
in this case if it is certainly paranormal, i would like to see the person walk tords the lamp till it turns off, then back up till it turns back on. now if it turns on right away as you back up then that would suprise me.

edited: spelling error

[edit on 10-4-2007 by TeslaFan]

I can try to figure out a way to get a video camera as I have had this happen before. Walking with my dad one night, we walked up to it, and it had gone out. 30 seconds down the road before letting it get out of sight, I turned around and it had turned back on.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I am sorry, but this is obviously NOT anything out of the ordinary..

A car comes by on the road shortly after the light goes out...

Thus, the reason the light went out is simple...

It was the car's headlights, nothing more......

Wow people, some of you can really take something simple and run with it, creating fantasies of supernatural powers.....

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
So when someone WALKS
by a lightpole and it goes off,
was it from that person's "headlights"?

How can someone simply walking underneath or near
a lightpole effect the light sensor?

Where are these sensors located?
I'm pretty sure my headlights aren't pointing at the sky

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

umm, well, let's see...

Someone WHO WORKS WITH THESE LIGHTS posted above, and explained it...

Also, headlights of a car don't have to be shining "into the sky"..It's simple science...

Light particles from the headlight dissipate through the air, in all directions, sometimes even REFLECTING off another object into the direction of the sensor...

Deny ignorance, and stop wishing for some sort of special powers...

It is OBVIOUS in the video that the car can be heard, the light goes out, and then the car is seen going by on the road....

The problem is, people WANT to believe there is something extraordinary going on here...The reality is, there isn't......

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Azazelus]

Excessive Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 11-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Grimreaper,
Lol, Telsafan and I were both typing up a message last night at the same time but I was one second behind him in clicking the 'Post Reply' button. I didn't even see his message until just now because I logged out right after I posted it.

Anyway, in that message, I was saying that after those lights went out last night after approaching the area where they were located and then walking directly under one of those lights right after that where it then came back on.... and now reading over Telsafan's message -- well, it's VERY interesting that an ELECTRICIAN admits that it would be unusual for a light to come back on before it 'cools off' or whatever -- but that's what happens all the time for those who have had numerous SLI experiences on a somewhat regular basis.

I can relate to walking under a light where it goes off and then turning around 30 seconds later only to see that the light turned back on again.

And it gets REALLY WEIRD when you turn around and ACTUALLY SEE THAT LIGHT TURN BACK ON AGAIN where if it happens enough, you begin to wonder if these lights 'know' you are looking at them and TURN BACK ON just to let YOU know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SKUNK 2 you said:

I think this should have been posted in Skunk works or Paranormal.

Apparently the mods agreed with you on this one.
Oh, well....

You also said:

"It has nothing to do with Aliens or UFOs."

I beg to disagree on that one and last night I did did a quick look up on the net for information about EM and its connection to contactee's, experiencers, abductee's and UFO witnesses and here's what I found...

Re: ARE ALIEN ABDDUCTIONS A THREAT TO OUR HEALTH
Post by Atrueoriginall (a global mod. for www.ufocasebook.com... forum who's also an UFO/ET Experiencer) on Apr 13th, 2005, 12:13pm

Atruoriginal said:

Below in (A) are every day symptoms and (B) symptoms of alien abduction.

For the most part, it has been found that both EMF's (electromagnetic frequencies) and ELF's (extremely low frequencies) play a BIG part in both abduction and our daily lives too.

A.Strange sensation in hands, tingling
B.Tingling, hair standing on end

A.Failure to make electrical appliances work
B.Electrical appliances malfunction

I'm an experiencer myself and I know this to be true not only from my own experiences but it's also well documented by the top experts in this field... e.g. John Mack, Hopkins, Jacobs, Salla and so on... I would have to go to the library to gather up quotes from their books on this as most of their more in-depth material is not accessible online anywhere.

At any rate, this topic most definitely belongs in the UFO and Alien forum for reasons stated above and I would not be surprised that there are many regular contributors to the Paranormal forum who are also contactees too -- (including some who may not even know that they too are contactees or abductee's but are not yet consciously aware of that yet.), who won't post their anomalous experiences in the UFO and Alien forum because they already know that they will be branded a NUT and so on.... like you (SKUNK 2) called me in that post you posted here in this thread saying that I belong where all of the other NUTS who are in the Paranormal forum -- but then edited those comments out sometime later in the day presumably to avoid any reprimands from one of the mods.

I'd be far more inclined to consider your condition if the video was of some electrical engineers and their meters showing some actual 'field' or 'force' around you.

Lol, that's exactly what my partner (he's the head of an aerospace technology dept.) keeps threatening to do to me. In fact, there are times when he's near me where he could swear that he's hearing some kind of humming sound coming directly from me -- and he gets really exasperated with me when electrical things in my car start acting up or stop working... he's seen me go through car after car, for the last 15 years now, where he's always having to do some kind of repair work on those electrical things in my car e.g, electric windows, lock systems, inside lights, radio and cd players and the list goes on and on. Believe me! my life isn't easy!

skjalddis (thanks for that SLI link!)
bobby3
BASSPLYR (thanks so much for sharing all of your insights on this with us!)
manastin
esdad71 -- answer to your q: yes -- how did you know?
aecreate
orionthehunter

To the above members... thanks for commenting here and sharing your SLI experiences with us -- it's nice to know that I'm not the only one here who has them.
Just wondering but are any of you UFO/ET Experiencers/contactees?
--Or have any of you ever seen a UFO?
-- And finally, have any of you ever considered that perhaps your paranormal experiences are the result of having come in contact, either consciously or unconsciously with UFO's and or ET's -- at some point in your life?

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Palasheea]

[edit: clipped quote of external content]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
First off, light bulbs are engineered to break, not work. If they were made to work then they would virtually last forever. The sooner it burns out, the sooner you need to purchase a new one. ( WOW, business wins again! ) That's why they break so easily & quickly, which increases your chances of having one pop when you turn it on. It's probably why this one is still operational after 106 years. Because it was made before big business got it's greedy hands into the arena.

Back to the topic-

If you truely possess these abilities then I would think they would spontaneously affect all kinds of electrical devices, not pick & choose between them.

You would somehow be able to stop the flow of electrons from the potential to the load with respect to the street lights to turn them off without any physical contact.

You would somehow be able to increase the flow of electrons from the potential to the load with respect to the light bulbs to compromise tungsten strip which in this case DOES require physical contact. ( These two situations are total opposites of each other??? )

You would somehow be able to fry circuitry with respect to the watches, again requiring physical contact, which is a third situation all together.

Therefore, if what you claim is true, then I have some questions:

Why does this mysterious force choose to burn up a light bulb, yet in the case of the street light is only able to briefly stop the flow of electrons and leave the lamp unscathed? What's the difference between these two very similar illumination devices?

When your energy levels are excited as you claim, why doesn't every electrical device that you come in contact with experience the same effect? Your energy levels are never excited driving an automobile? Listening to your IPOD? Why don't these electrical devices experience the same effects?

When you flip on a lightswitch, and the bulb blows out, you are simultaneoulsy physically connected in the same way to every single electrical device served out of the same panel. Why doesn't every light that is presently on simultaneously blow out? Why doesn't your clock radio get fried? Why doesn't the TV burn out?

There is no difference in the construction of electrical circuits & devices.

THEY ARE ALL MADE THE SAME WAY FROM THE SAME MATERIALS!

How can these powers pick & choose between them? I find this hard to believe.

2PacSade-

fixed header

[edit on 11-4-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wonderful post 2Pac....

This is exactly what I was trying to point out....There is nothing special at all about this....I mean, look at the initial video posted as evidence....To say that it was not the car that caused it is laughable....

Posts like these, and those that further the belief that something "special" is going on in this case do nothing but damage the credibility of this fine site.

No wonder "CT'ers" are often labeled as loonies.....When folks come here and read some of this stuff, I don't blame them for making the assumption that we are crazy....

EDIT:

Ok, I had to do some research on you, OP.....

It seems you have a track record of seeing things in sketchy videos, your television screen full of static, Colin Powell, and even the front of your CPU casing....not to mention hearing things from static filled recordings, and now, backmasking.....

My advice would be to stop searching for something so hard that you start finding ways to make it manifest itself...You are doing nothing to further your cause by posting some of the stuff you post..

I apologize if that sounds harsh, but anyone can easily see for themselves. Based on your past here, it seems that you are searching for something so hard that you disregard common sense to create your own evidence....

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
2PacSade
Hi, and thanks for commenting! If you've read over my posts in this thread, you will find that I've already answered a lot of your questions that you are asking here.

In any case, I'm not interested in debating with anyone if SLI is a real phenomenon or not. And I definitely think it's something that one would have to experience themselves or live with someone who periodically experiences SLI to know if it's real or not. As you can see from the comments in this thread, quite a few people have had their own SLI experiences too - so I'm not alone in this.

My main area of focus are those UFO/ET experiencers (including anybody else) who have also experienced problems with electrical things. I would like some of us to compare notes about each of our experiences having to do with SLI and from there find out if we can do some experiments to evaluate this phenomenon more and find out more about it.

Once again, thanks for your reply -- and have a great day!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Again, you totally disregard my comments of simple reasoning...

Interesting....

I feel this case has been debunked and should be placed in an appropriate forum..There is nothing paranormal to see here...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just wondering but are any of you UFO/ET Experiencers/contactees?

Nope

--Or have any of you ever seen a UFO?

I sure wish I have...

-- And finally, have any of you ever considered that perhaps your paranormal experiences are the result of having come in contact, either consciously or unconsciously with UFO's and or ET's -- at some point in your life?

Perhaps, but I don't believe so.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

2PacSade
Hi, and thanks for commenting! If you've read over my posts in this thread, you will find that I've already answered a lot of your questions that you are asking here.

In any case, I'm not interested in debating with anyone if SLI is a real phenomenon or not. And I definitely think it's something that one would have to experience themselves or live with someone who periodically experiences SLI to know if it's real or not. As you can see from the comments in this thread, quite a few people have had their own SLI experiences too - so I'm not alone in this.

My main area of focus are those UFO/ET experiencers (including anybody else) who have also experienced problems with electrical things. I would like some of us to compare notes about each of our experiences having to do with SLI and from there find out if we can do some experiments to evaluate this phenomenon more and find out more about it.

Once again, thanks for your reply -- and have a great day!

Hi Palasheea-

Sorry but I don't see anywhere in your posts that you answered my questions. I only see accounts, and speculation about them. I'm not going to debate whether or not SLI is the culprit at this juncture either because these events were not captured by anything except personal interpretation. I HAVE HAD THESE EXPERIENCES ALSO, but don't feel you can't talk to me because I don't subscribe to your accounting of them at present. Quite a few other people as you state have had "similar" experiences, but that doesn't mean that what you claim is the cause of every one of them. There's no analysis in this approach at all, just speculation. You can't honestly tell me that I can post, "Ya that happened to me too!", and claim SLI. Without analysis it could be anything, C'mon. . .

If this feat could be successfully executed in a lab enviroment, with instruments that can capture what exactly is happening, then I would say you have a case. Walking under a street light & claiming you made it go out via SLI is nothing more than that. A claim. Sorry-

If you have this ability, and you are confident about it, then you should not fear answering a couple of simple questions with respect to it should you? Just humor me one more time, ( because I'm actively participating in your thread with good conscience ), and give me your opinion on the two statements below;

Why doesn't the street light just break like the light bulb?

Why doesn't every electrical device in use break at the same time as the light bulb?

Please give me your opinion on these facts Palasheea. I kinda feel "brushed off" at the moment, and per your own solicitation;

( emphasis mine )

I'm here. I've had the experiences. I have thoughts about experiments to evaluate this phenomenon more and find out more about it.

Talk to me.

2PacSade-

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
[quote of entire previous post removed]

I can't answer those 2 questions you are asking here because I don't know the answers to them.
When ever I have experienced even a brand new light bulb blowing on me after just blowing the one that I just replaced, both times I'm flipping up the switch. So I guess it's got something to do with touching something that causes something to happen.
As far as streetlights are concerned, I'm willing to admit that sometimes it may be just a coincidence that a light goes off when I'm walking by it -- I'm sure that happens sometimes too. I'm a walker and I usually run over to the grocery store across the street every night before it closes at 9pm.
So I pass by those same streetlights just about every evening and am always amazed how they go off when I'm walking by or under them.
One time, I snagged a guy who was waiting at the bus stop to watch me walk under one of the streetlights next to the stop and watch that light go off. So I walked under that light -- and it went off! You should have seen his eye pop out when that happened! Lol.

Or, perhaps those lights are loose or weak and need to be replaced. And because of this, they are more vulnerable to human EM fields. I'm not ruling that out either.

Do you have any idea's on how to test human EM fields? I would love to hear them!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ok, I am completely ignored again....

I think my point is proven, since no counterpoints have been made.....

So, shouldn't this thread be trashed?

EDIT: Ok...how about this...

Take a friend out with you, tonight if possible, and give them the camera..make sure they have a steady hand..

You approach the light while he/she films...

Step under it and film it going off....keep the camera rolling, step away and film it coming back on....keep the tape going and do this over and over, in succession....

If it goes off every single time and comes back on every single time, then I MIGHT give you a little cred...

Otherwise, this whole concept is hogwash in my opinion...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Azazelus,

There is no real point in trying to argue with the OP/those who are in agreement with her.

It is apparent that the OP/those who are in agreement with her are not interested in legitimate discussion of the questions she has posed or the situations she has presented. They are simply here to feed off one anothers belief in the unexplainable.

"Wow, I totally understand" is, for some reason, treated like a golden answer because it reaffirms what they want so badly to be real.

You will be ignored by those who do not wish to question their circumstances...even though they claim to deny ignorance and quest for the truth behind it all.

Your pain is felt my friend.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I also have a problem with lightbulbs, but never with street lights.. that is one powerful aura you have!!! If you want to try a cool experiment, get a baby monitor and try to interfere with it by using your energy field. I have amazed my wife quite a few times with this "trick". Its funny you mentioned lightbulbs, I just blew one out last night
You know when a 40 watt bulb is going to die when it looks like the sun. I'll try some more controlled experiments with this soon and upload the results.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Great! Can't wait to see the results. I'm an experimenter too and will purchase a baby monitor and see what happens. Great suggestion!

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread50594/pg1] Excessive Quoting - Please review this link[url]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Azazelus
Ok... wait... I need to run an errand now and I'll respond back to some of your questions when I get back in about 45 minutes or so.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
this whole thing with the light bulbs im thinking is no biggy.

incadescent lamps are more prone to blow out due to temperature, vibration, being used. now when u turn on an incandescent light bulb it will energize the filament on the inside of the lamp, now the #1 one reason of light bulb failure is "resistance" resistance = heat which heat = watts. so when the filament is on at full brightness, it is more prone to fail during operation. cause the filament is very very thin.

now the "high pressure sodium lamp" (street lamp) or (HPS) is a very different story; the common lamps at our houses is incandescent, but these HPS lamps are of the HID family (High Intensity Discharge) where these are made to last alot longer than the incandescent fixtures.

incandescent - www.eere.energy.gov...

HPS - personal.cityu.edu.hk...

now, incandescent lamps run off of voltage with no type of transformer to boost the voltage, where the HPS needs a ballast (transformer) to boost the voltage to operate.

sorry im rambling..................but in the end i believe this is no big issue to worry about, this is all quite normal. now if you really want to make me a believer:

1. turn camera on
2. walk to fixture with camera focused on fixture
3. stop walking when light goes off (keep camera on fixture)
4. automaticly start walking backwards, (keep camera on fixture)
5. make 5 steps backwards, not slow, (keep camera on fixture)
6. put video on internet

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus

It is OBVIOUS in the video that the car can be heard, the light goes out, and then the car is seen going by on the road....

The problem is, people WANT to believe there is something extraordinary going on here...The reality is, there isn't......

I've got a better IDEA. Why don't YOU take your camcorder and show us how streetlights with sensors on them go off when A CAR is approaching one of them.

I would really like to see this and then compare my video with yours to see how close the car has to get to the sensor equipped streetlight before it goes off.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join