It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Me Walking By A Streetlight. Q for Experiencers/Witnesses: Strong EM Field?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A lot of UFO/ET experiencers/witinesses say that often times street lights go off when they walk by them and this is definitely what happens to me all the time too -- especially when I'm feeling high in energy.

In fact, I go through days at a time where my energy is higher than it normally is where light bulbs blow by simply flipping up a light switch. And when I replace those bulbs with new one's, the same thing happens again!

I also have problems with cheap watches which stop working for me within hours or a few short days after wearing one. I don't even wear a watch anymore because lol, all of them are broken; even my more expensive ones; it's very frustrating.

And because I can't wear watches, I can't tell you the exact time (9-ish or so) when I made this movie last night but am showing it here anyway to show a streetlight going off as I'm walking by it.

Should add that just before the streetlight went off in the one I'm showing here, another streetlight went off before it as I was walking under it but unfortunately my cam didn't catch it.

Which brings me to my camcorder, I tried taking a movie of me walking under streetlights to show what happens when I do that a couple of times in the past. I had just purchased this cam recently where the first thing I did was try to take some video's of me walking by or under streetlights but every time I would do that, the camcorder would stop working -- and I'm talking about a brand new cam with new batteries in it!!

Fortunately last night, my energy was not as high as those previous attempts at doing this so for this reason I was able to record this movie without it going off on me.

At any rate, I am giving this cam to my son and will be purchasing a new cam that's more reliable for me. When it comes to battery operated or electronic gizmo's and gadgets, it's always a hit/miss thing before I land on the one that works for me without malfunctioning due to my 'energy level'.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think this should have been posted in Skunk works or Paranormal.
It has nothing to do with Aliens or UFOs.
Are you sure it is not just a coinsidence this happens??? More footage showing this anomaly would be in your favour. Can't you get one of them EM scanners to see what that records???

[edit on 10-4-2007 by SKUNK2]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
honest to god the same stuff happens to me...many time late at night when i feel awake or something and me and my friedns are driving street lights will go out right infront of us...this happened over 20 times for sure (and im only 18 just so you know how often lol)...also many times by flipping a light switch i have also burnt out many bulbs...doesnt seem to happen to anyone else in my house just me...someone explain why this happens

[edit on 10-4-2007 by jefferrari]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If your 'energy' field is strong enought to affect streetlights....it certainly should show up on testing equipment.

I'd be far more inclined to consider your condition if the video was of some electrical engineers and their meters showing some actual 'field' or 'force' around you.

I once had about 2 miles of halogen arc streetlights wink off one-by-one as I drove west on I-64 in E. St. Louis, IL one very early morning. Like clockwork....just as I'd get to the light standard....*click*....

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefferrari
honest to god the same stuff happens to me...many time late at night when i feel awake or something and me and my friedns are driving street lights will go out right infront of us...this happened over 20 times for sure (and im only 18 just so you know how often lol)...also many times by flipping a light switch i have also burnt out many bulbs...doesnt seem to happen to anyone else in my house just me...someone explain why this happens

[edit on 10-4-2007 by jefferrari]

street lights go out when you are driving up to them:
Reason: street lights are triggered to turn off by sunlight, so sometimes they get confused and turn off from car lights.

bulbs burning out: maybe you turn on/off lights more than most people, or maybe it's just coincidence. It's not because you have supernatural electric power. lol

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi, its hard to have an opinion on one streetlight as there is one near me that goes off intermittently. I could time it so it goes off when i walk underneath. HOWEVER... i have a friend who this used to happen to when i was with her so im not saying i don't believe you.

Also i seem to experience a strange phenomena which blocks my wireless signal from my router when my stress level goes up. I know it sounds stupid but if i am sitting up in my room, i can be on it and then something (eg. trying to do something in a hurry or arguing with someone on msn) and my internet will just freeze and then disconnect. I know it's not a technical problem because i work from home and during the day i can be working for hours without this happening!

The human body is a powerful thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Now that you mention it, any time I have a stomach ache, I can look at the TV and change the channel by blinking my eyes. So far, i've only been successful in changing the channels to TBS which is usually just re-runs of Full House or Roseanne.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm just on my way out again but thanks all for your comments so far and will respond back to some of them later this evening.
Just wanted to post this video too.
Below is the information about the video in this post.

Whenever I record movies, or anything for that matter, EVP voices are often heard in the background. Anyway, in this case, I recorded a movie of me walking by a streetlight where on playback, I heard an EVP voice right before I started talking in that movie. (referring to the movie I posted in my first post in this thread)

So I then isolated the audio of that movie,into Wavepad to amplify that EVP voice to be able to discern what that voice was saying,but when doing that, I accidentally clicked on 'Reverse' instead of 'Amplify' only to find out that the part where I'm saying "Here's a streetlight; another one" in REVERSE it was saying "You have a lot of energy".

I had recorded that movie in the first place because streetlights often times go off when I walk by or under them and I wanted to capture this on film.

At any rate, I thought it was interesting that when the audio part of this movie is played back in reverse, that part that's saying that I have a lot of energy was coincidentally relevant to the subject matter of the movie itself. Amazing...

PS If the video window is showing that You Tube video Coming Soon message, just go ahead and click on play because it's already up on that page now.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
SLI is a well-known paranormal phenomenon, but assuming that it's a real phenomenon - do UFO experiencers / witnesses experience this more than others?

Personally, I think SLI does happen, I've had it happen to me from time to time - but I've never seen a UFO myself, not one that I was sure couldn't be anything else anyway.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
I think this should have been posted in Skunk works or Paranormal.
It has nothing to do with Aliens or UFOs.

Agreed. It should be in paranormal at best, feeding the skunks at worst. It's not UFO related.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That actually happens to me a lot...

It always seems to happen with street lights that are in the process of dieing...

I do believe anybody is capable of doing this... When I was younger I used to ride my bike EVERYWHERE. I didn't find out until I started driving that the distances I normally road were 20 - 30 miles a day easy, sometimes double or tripple. Often I would find street lights go out right as I road passed them. It happened so many times that I never saw it as unusual.

I believe the natural EM fields around our bodies do have the ability to specifically effect street lights that are starting to die... I believe it's very unique to street lights, thought I have no theory as to why...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Did you know a lot of street lights are actually on timers and switch on and off intermittently? You simply remember the times that one was due to switch off when you walked under it (coincidence), how many have you walked under and they havent turned off ??? If there was something wierd going on then it would surely happen with every street light you pass and every other bulb you come near? Its happened to me loads of times walking under one as the timer switches off, nowt sinister about it!

Oh and i can blow a bulb by flipping a switch at will, its all about how u rock the switch, again nothing sinister....
[edit on 10-4-2007 by kungfubeats]

[edit on 10-4-2007 by kungfubeats]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My question is this how much of an emp pulse would be needed to short out a street light.

Becuase it would need to be shorted for it to stay off after you walked away and your presence couldn't influence the light anymore.

If your self generated EMP field merely only hampered the voltage flow going through the bulb than it would only dim or at worse turn right back on after you walked a few feet farther away.

How come everything electrical doesn't go nuts too. If you flipped on your wall light switch and the bulb blows, then you are putting out 100's of watts of electricity with your mind to blow the filiment. Wouldn't this EMP field bleed into all the electrical systems of your house and fry everything else, or at the very least reset your VCR clock. Why are only light bulbs effected?

All that being said- I do know that the human body does act like an EMP anttena and is resonant with EMP frequencies in the 10s of Megahertz range. The actual frequency depends on the persons hight and how grounded they are at the time. Bones conduct EMP poorly but Blood and Muscle have a high aptitude for conducting EMP. Areas like the wrists, ankles and neck will when subjected to high EMP fields have a higher EMP spike as the field flowing through the body bottlenecks and jumps up to almost twice the amplitude due to the same energy bieng forced into smaller areas of the bodys tissue. It's called body current density or something I can't remember. Similar in idea to the Venturi principle. Human cell membranes end up getting polarized when in brief contact with super high EMPs. The negative effects of the cells polarizing aren't really understood too well, but they do know that the EMP fields will cause micro pores to form in the cell membrane exposing the cytoplasm to the outside world of the cell, again they're not too sure of what negative effects this has on people over the long run.

Personally i think that the human brain is mysterious but that it can't generate huge EMP pulses and turn off lights. Not saying that it's not some other phenomina at work that we don't understand. Like I pointed out the human body is resonant to certain frequencies of EMP so something might be going on.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My comment would be: The force is strong with you, but you are not a jedi yet; because, you should affect something bigger, like the lamps of goverment building.
My 2 cents goes to the opinion that it s a coincidence.
Last week i visited an old dormitary, now as a half museum in Germany. In the old times this museum was a dormitory, and in a room lived Hölderlin, Hegel and Schelling together; the three most intelligent brains in the last 300 years. In this room there should be a huge earthquake, when the energy (intelligence) could have a direct influence on the material world. There wasnt sometihng like that. On the other hand, these three guys are still changing the world, in a very material sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You are a source of energy. one question. Have you ever blown out a light bulb without touching the switch? Say, just getting upset?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

If your self generated EMP field merely only hampered the voltage flow going through the bulb than it would only dim or at worse turn right back on after you walked a few feet farther away.

How come everything electrical doesn't go nuts too. If you flipped on your wall light switch and the bulb blows, then you are putting out 100's of watts of electricity with your mind to blow the filiment. Wouldn't this EMP field bleed into all the electrical systems of your house and fry everything else, or at the very least reset your VCR clock. Why are only light bulbs effected?

My impressions from what I have read about it in the past is that typically, the streetlights do just go dim, and then brighten up again as the person moves away. IIRC it can affect other electrical equipment as well, at least, it seems to have done IME. I'm not going to join in with any of the technical stuff, I don't have the knowhow, but it happens.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by skjalddis]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have it happen alot. Pretty recently. Me and my friend wanted to play Hackysack under a streetlight around midnight.

As we walked up to it, it went out. Tried going back on during the 30 minutes we played but never did. It came back on after walking away about 20 feet to go home. I have it happen fairly often. It's cool, but I never bother to look into it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I suppose I can relate.

The same streetlight by my work likes to shutoff right
as I pass it in my car. I'm more prone to believe its
caused by vibrations from my flowmasters, but I have
a friend who walks to work, and experiences the same
thing. It happens alot.

Could slight vibrations caused by car noise, or merely
walking by, effect bad wiring, or bad connections?

I have heard a story from my friend, of a friend..
who can turn off TV's by yelling "SHUT-UP" at it.
I have yet to witness this, but its certainly intriguing.

[edit on 4/10/2007 by aecreate]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
as being an electrician......im thinking of a different theory.

in the first post, we see a orangish light, and being a street light i have to say its a "high pressure sodium" light fixture. now when these lamps get old they start to cycle on and off. ive been in the position that when i am near a fixture which is at the end of its life it will turn off.

now when the lamp turns off, it has to cool down before it restrikes, then when it finally restrikes it takes awhile to get to full brightness. (sometimes 15 min)

now about what activates the lights to turn on is either a time clock, photo cell, or in some situations both. each street light does not have there own time clock or photo control

in this case if it is certainly paranormal, i would like to see the person walk tords the lamp till it turns off, then back up till it turns back on. now if it turns on right away as you back up then that would suprise me.

edited: spelling error

[edit on 10-4-2007 by TeslaFan]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just went out there again tonight to try recording another movie of a street light going off but just as I was walking up to the side walk, 3 streetlights went off all at the time! - before I could even position my cam, which was already on and rolling, toward the one that was closest to me at the time that I was already approaching.

Lol, so what is one to do?

So what I did was direct my cam to the streetlight that I was already approaching and lo and behold, as I was walking by it, it came back on again. But, lol -- what's the point?

It's clear that there's no way to really prove if this phenomenon is real or not because what I just described above is very typical of how things turn out when one wants to 'prove' that one experiencing something like this on a regular basis.

Is it just a coincidence that such things happen? No. If it was, I would never bother posting anything about this ... I mean, like, so what???

But the thing that really bugs me about all of this is, why haven't there been any formal investigations by mainstream scientists on this phenomenon? I find that mind boggling.

I mean, there's even a name for it so this implies that many other out there experience the same thing -- not only once, but many go through periods where it will last for a few days or even a few weeks where it then subsides only to come back again??

I do know, that alien contactee's/abductee's and so on do experience this phenomenon but I also know that a lot of other people outside of this group experience it also.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling message here -- I'm ready to hit the sack but will check back here tomorrow -- want to comment on some of those posts here and ask a few questions. thanks... and goodnight!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join