It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they hide it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
forgive me if im wrong, but by reading these posts and links on ATS, there are several alien speices, while the supposely greys are evil in their intent, their are suppose to be some good alien species, why dont they come down and blow the lid on how we are all being decieved, also the government is made up of people and considering that 1000s upon 1000s of people have been required to keep this secert about aliens, it assumes that most people are assh@#*s and traitors to there own spieces, i cannot believe that to be so

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
maybe the bad aliens defeated the good aliens?

off the wall theory about them crop circles:

remote manipulation somehow by the "good aliens". they're trying to
say 'we're here don't giv eup'. we don't quite get the message, until that last really obvious one.

they can't land because the bad aliens will shoot them down if they try to come here.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
When a government puts false info out and make the whole world think(through 3rd parties, vague sources - so it looks like conspiracy) it has contacts to aliens it will make people more addicted to their government.

Anybody of us would really mess with governments having contact with aliens who have super-duper advanced technology?

My honest believe is that this whole UFO, CIA, Mason and Illuminati stuff is just a big bunch of nothing which is just to make people fear and think they are save(save feeling because they think the gov is omnipotent and can protect them if they stick to the rules).

In fact, every damn government is weak as hell.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
mbkennel...good to see someone gets this too

I'm not a big fan of Strieber though. If he has as many contacts as he states, he should for the common good of humanity invite all sorts of scientific personel out to his place to monitor the situation. I don't know why he doesn't do this?

Overall, I am of the opinion that the aliens have done nothing to earn our trust.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I believe the UFO conspiracy exists because MAN's brain couldn't process such unthinkable life forms. The majority of us would soil orselves if an alien craft pulled up in front of your home. If this "secret" was made known to everyone, then it would be worldwide panic and chaos... Come to think about it, that's probably the goal. To spring it on us at the height of the political and religious uprisings thoughout the wolrd. Sought of a lets ban together to fight the HUMAN ENEMY.

On another note, I often wondered if their was aliens on the planet earth, then that would mean that their technology is extraordinary. To the point where they can clone humans, mimic humans, or worse design this whole thing we know as earth for their enjoyment. I thought many times, especuially when I was having a bad day or things weren't going my way, that what I was experience as life, was really just a higher being playing with me, as we play with action figures and the like (or at least kids do)! Who's to say our Gov hasn't been infiltrated by these Technologically superior bunch, or that they aren't a part of the same "game" I sometimes think I am!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeworld_Esq.
I believe the UFO conspiracy exists because MAN's brain couldn't process such unthinkable life forms. The majority of us would soil orselves if an alien craft pulled up in front of your home. If this "secret" was made known to everyone, then it would be worldwide panic and chaos.

Finally! Someone actually thought what the possiblilty of seeing a more advanced alien life-form in person might be like!

I think most people would go into shock if they actualy saw an alien in person. Think of the children's b-day party scene from the movie "Signs." I think that is how most of us would react to seeing an alien in the flesh. ie. scared and freaked out!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think they have been hiding it for so long if they ever came out with the truth people would be angry. For the fact that the goverment would hide something so important from the people. I could understand back in the 1940s if they wanted to hide it because during the late 1930s the whole War of the Worlds radio broadcast didnt exactly show how well people could handle something like that back then.

Another reason might be that they dont have all the answers about the alien thing.They might just know there comming here and we cant stop them from doing that. The truth might raise more questions then it answers.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Another reason might be that they dont have all the answers about the alien thing.They might just know there comming here and we cant stop them from doing that. The truth might raise more questions then it answers.

Another good idea that does not get explored enough.

There is a strong possiblilty that the govt does not know any more than that we are being "observed."

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
One point I'd like to make is that mainly, UFO's are an ambiguous subject since (I'd say about...) 1920's or '30's. This is quite simple to understand...

UFO's observations have been made all through recorded history, and possibly even before. Try for example on search engines to find "Julius Obsequens", a roman writer who in his time was reporting (often as 3rd party) stories of blazing shields in the sky, fireballs, and so on. Stupid would you say? No, no... How the hell would he describe a commonly recognized today's UFO in his time's words? How could he possibly compare it to a plane?

(EDIT)
Buffon wrote in his "Dictionnaire des synonymes" Comme nous ne connaissons rien que par comparaison, d�s que tout rapport nous manque et qu�aucune analogie ne se pr�sente, toute lumi�re fuit, in English about this: As we know everything only by comparison, as soon as we have no relation and no analogy is found, all light goes. So true...

And indeed, all through history one can easily find such reports, with variations in the way people perceived what they saw: it went from blazing shields to ballons, air "boats" and flying chariots, so on... Old Japan also has its lot of stories, and the Sanskrit history is full of flying machines, to quote only a few. But then, zzzzzzip through time to about 1910, 1915, and people knew what to compare it to: planes! They knew that planes could fly, but they were all about the same shape, not like what they saw, they flew slow and were doing a lot of noise, unlike also what they could see...

It was obviously something else, it already started to get in the interest of scientists and governments, as well as militaries. Since no plane was able to that, they were somewhat baffled, but also strongly interested in the phenomenon, and to this date remain. Thus, people who would see it should not know.

It all started about then that people who would see UFO's were crazy or invented their story. Still today, lots of people think that the ones who see flying saucers are nuts. The fact that people who do see UFO's are nuts is a new thing in history. About 1 century old thing...

And then there was a supposedly crash (don't remember) in 1942, there was Kenneth Arnold, and above all, Socorro and Roswell in 1947. This one has been the most documented UFO story so far I think.

The main reason for hiding it is very obvious to understand then: owning better technology than the ennemy. Military powers and wars have so far been the most excellent accelerator of development ever. Even in old times. They had to know, and the ennemy should not. It is true when viewed from all sides: Russian in their USSR times did not publicly talk either about UFO's, though we know now that they knew their bit also.

Maybe, just maybe, another reason... I am not too much eating any of the big conspirationist stories (though one never knows...), but if indeed those aliens are malicious and if indeed the governments knows, then they certainly do not want us to know...

Now about the religions (and I must point that I am completely atheist myself), I don't think that they would be that much in trouble. The people who would be in trouble would be the close-minded ones, any religion. We should accept now anyway that life does exist outside in the universe.

Hey, just two (stupid?) questions anyway...
Would a racist be racist or xenophobic towards aliens? Would they be racist towards us?

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by SpookyVince]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
Hey, just two (stupid?) questions anyway...
Would a racist be racist or xenophobic towards aliens? Would they be racist towards us?
[Edited on 10-4-2004 by SpookyVince]

I heard a quote attributed to a an General that was along the lines of, "Let's just hope that they are not Christopher Columbus and we are not the Indians!"

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Just to think of the implications of revealing such an existence is mind numbing. We would have to re-write every major book ever published, Science, Math, and History would forever change, as would some aspects of English, or Language and words. It would change everything. Not to mention that many people would panic, and possibly even riot, because the government has hidden it for so long. There would also then be a demand for the government to release any other information it holds secret, and this would create a greatly unstable environment. I believe however, that possibly at a point in time when we are on the verge of destroying ourselves, it will all be revealed, at least from that point forth. Some History, if it is as dramatic and revealing as many people think, would have to be taught over time, as not to blow human's minds. We will find out, it's not a matter of if, but rather a matter of when. I believe it will be in my life time.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeanLucPicard
Is there truly a point for the Government to hide alien existance from us? I can't really think of a good reseaon.

I think someone has it right on here.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join