It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they hide it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Is there truly a point for the Government to hide alien existance from us? I can't really think of a good reseaon.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Did it ever occur, that there is nothing to hide.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeanLucPicard
Is there truly a point for the Government to hide alien existance from us? I can't really think of a good reseaon.

I think it's a government-planted hoax, myself.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It certainly is possible, but there is the possibility that the government has alot to gain by covering up the existence of aliens. If this knowledge was known around the world then everyone would share in the possible technological advances. If only a handfull of governments knew then they could set up their own terms with this contact and get the most benefit. Did that make sense? Whatever the reason behind the governments silence on UFO's, it's surely a bad one.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
But think in the massive panic it would cause between the global population. Maybe they're waiting the right time to reveal to us (if they are really covering it up)

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It could be perhaps that the alien has been found dead and maybe it had all kinds of disease that normal scientists aren't aware of!--Diseases that could destroy humanity! Or, aliens are being harnessed for their technology by certain governments who want to keep this secret so as to have an advantage over other powers of the world--as a form of national defence.

The other reason could be the idea that aliens beings are working alongside the government in secret experiments involving unethical practices with humans.
--technology etc.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OR maybe, we are the aliens...

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusAvngr
But think in the massive panic it would cause between the global population. Maybe they're waiting the right time to reveal to us (if they are really covering it up)

A possibility that is the most likeliest. The effects of revealing that there are aliens would be devastating.

The Impact for religions as well as the economy would probably throw us into a hole we won't get out easy again.

IF there are aliens visiting us, we will know about it as soon as we are ready for it.

Unfortunately, as long as we have several Governments, the chances of one using the knowledge against the other will prevent it.. the most funny tho is the greatest chance to be contacted by them would be by having a world government, which many visitors of this site fear.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I believe it's a government-sponsored hoax for one reason ( and I know some of you will disagree, but that's ok) it has to do with the end times. Accorging to scriptures (New Testament), the rapture will occur and all believers and those not yet at the age of accountability will disappear in the blink of an eye. Imagine the mass panic and chaos that would ensue. I believe the government will step in and tell the people that it was some kind of mass alien abduction. I mean, look at all the people who already believe that is occuring. The whole alien thing has been out there for so long, and it fuels so much conspiracy talk, of course everyone believes the government is hiding something. by then, I'm sure all the non-believers who remain would much rather believe aliens took the people. And as far as all those people who claim they were abducted and experimented on.... how do they know it wasn't the government? All that would need to be done is to give the person the right drugs (to sedate them while they're being gone over) and they'd remember just enough of being probed and poked to swear it was aliens. When, in fact, it was actually military scientists. Probably getting DNA specimens & such.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I dunno..
A few BILLION people dissapearing is not a small act.. even if aliens would have spaceships, they would have to have MILLIONS of them out there, or planet size things... no one will buy that

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They give the government technology and the government gives them humans for experimentations. The government is ruthless and selfish.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Why do they hide it?

Well they dont. They just want you to think they are.

They make sure we are all outside looking for bright and shiny objects in the sky, hinting at the coverup, while other things are going on in the background.

Dont be distracted by the shiny things.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Didn't you or somebody else recently make a thread containing either this exact same question, or a differently worded version of it?

EDIT:

The exact same thread created just five days ago. This thread did not need to be made. My opinion, of course.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've gone over the reasons multiple times on this board, so now I am just going to allow somebody of higher stature to say why governments hide the information from us.

There is a very simple reason why governments have been so secretive. Modern UFO sightings really began with the Roswell incident in 1947, when a crashed craft containing the corpses of several aliens was found in Roswell, New Mexico. Make no mistake, Roswell happened. I've seen secret files which show the government knew about it - but decided not to tell the public.

There were very good security reasons for not informing the public about Roswell. Quite simply, we wouldn't have known how to deal with the technology of intelligent beings advanced enough to send a craft to Earth. The world would have panicked if we'd known aliens were visiting us.
-Retired NASA astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell

Full text quote was retrieved from.

Thats as good and believable an answer as you can find. If its not good enough for you then that can't be helped.

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They hide it because we are food. Yes humans are food for aliens, they use our energy (emotional, and other) plus occasionally indulge themselves in our flesh. They secretly control this entire world as we control a chicken pen, and just like the chickens, we are completely oblivious to that control, but not for long. If the government admit that a bunch of hungry aliens are here simply to feed and control us, it would make us mad at the govt for not telling earlier, mad at aliens, and actually helpless and confused. We cannot stop them any more than the chickens can stop us from growing/eating them. Unless the chicken becomes human, which is what is happening. We're about to be on their level, or rather density, and it will "level" the playing field. But of course I don't expect any of you to believe a SINGLE word I just said, as belief is something I'm against in the first place. Simply process it in your mind and then look up / research this until you find the truth. As far as I am concerned, this IS the truth, but you guys do your own research, but it won't be easy as this isn't exactly open to the public. It will ALL come out in a few years, but if you're really impatient do the research now. Oh and don't worry, this has happened before and will happen again. It's a cycle guys, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Don't ask me where I got this info, or what else I know. I know what I know, and I believe nothing - I research/investigate and find overwhelming evidence before I even CONSIDER anything. If you want to flame me, that's your choice. I suggest you dig around, you'll be VERY surprised what you'll discover about what I've said.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Those life-forms need not be "little green men". The scientists' definition of intelligent life is whether or not it can use and manage information. Even the most primitive microbes on Earth qualify by that definition, and surely there are at the very least similar microbes thriving on planets throughout the universe.

That's a far cry from little grey guy's in an interplanetary spacecraft.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
All I am trying to say is, what right does the Government have hiding things (if there is anything to hide) from us?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

All I am trying to say is, what right does the Government have hiding things (if there is anything to hide) from us?
They don't have a right. They know they are in deep # already from keeping it from us. I'm sure they are pissing themselves just thinking about what would happen upon disclosure.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Because global equilibrium of power is extremely fragile, governments are very weak, economy is on the edge and only remaining force are main churches or just only their doctrines. Those doctrinal �implants� keeping that entire matrix running. UFO will damage all remaining joints and last hope of human domination in the universe as a �chosen by god unique intelligent being�.
Imagine what will happen after formal disclosure�

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   

for the sake of giving another opinion, i can think of an reason they would cover up (i personally agree that its a hoax but still, for arguement reason).

If Alien visitors came to earth, and we happened to capture an alien or its spaceship, then they obviously have techonology we don't have. ALL technology is not revieled right away, example: the atomic bomb was not revieled until it was used. Example 2: Time travel. they would not tell us if we were able to time travel right away and ill let your own mind think of reasons why.

The reason they would not tell us is because they would research the aliens techonology for our own use... and we wouldnt want any other country to know what kind of techonology we research (think back to the race to the moon). After all, we could make our own ship that has the ability to go from planet to planet. It's not a public concern, its a government concern, until they get it all figured out and actually launch a mission to jupitor or pluto.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Let's say it is true. The government is hiding this from us. Two main reasons: To study their technology and to derive military applications which would be far more advanced than every nation's, and because it would create mass panic if it was revealed. It's pretty simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join