It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the emergence of aliens change your life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Lets say they arrived, and shown themselves to the world, how would it affect your life?

More importantly why do we really want them to come here? Apart from the remote possibility that they could give the human race "superpowers"
Is it just for your own piece of mind? Just so your faith would be confirmed that they did exist?

Apart from the fear for my wife and family that these beings could do pretty much anything they want to us, i cant see how my life would be for the better just because a bunch of ALFs turned up.

Sure they could relay their history to us(but would it be more interesting than ours?) Or their technology (which the everday man wouldnt get near to, considering how we are kept in the dark with new earth based tech)

Alot of people on this forum seem to relish the idea of their arrival believing that they will be "saved" or put on a higher plain of existence.

Is it that unbelievable that these aliens are just quadrapeds with advanced tech, and who have as much a grasp on the wonders and mysteries of life as we do. Which is none.

I can just see it now; they arrive with a big fanfare, and after the novelty wears off, There will be a collective "er.. what do we do now" type of shrug.

What do you REALLY want from them?

`````````````````
Edited title spelling

[edit on 13/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
On the contrary, given the evidence, I'm not so sure I want them to just show up... So far, their actions (in the absence of being able to discern alien "intent"), do not lead one to the "lets be friends" conclusion...

However, assuming for a moment that they would be friendly, a lot of changes...

1. We'd finally know we aren't alone in the Universe. May seem trivial to some, but likely one of the greatest scientific discoveries of our time.

2. Possible tech benefits. Cures, new energy sources, etc. Who knows? At the very least, interstellar travel, so suddenly a lot of economic woes and resource issues are a thing of the past...with access to abundant resources.

3. Likely end to Earthly wars (again, see the resources above)...

That's just a few off the cuff....

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i guess it would depend on what the aliens do when they emerge. If they just say, "we're here, go about your daily life". well them i dont think i would be effected that much.. considering im most likely more well prepared for their appearance, but if they gonna come down and take our jobs, and not pay taxes like illegal aliens.. then i guess ill be pretty mad!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think one of the biggest factors would be the world financial markets. Think about it. If they gave use zero-point energy, which many assume they have, we would lose an entire sector- petroleum. Who would spend the money it would cost to drill for and refine it if you could create your own energy? With the exception of plastics, there would be virtually no need. Then, what if they tought us how to synthetically create materials like plastics. I think it would be the gravy train if you were one of the first to get training on maitnance and repair of such devices.......OP very interesting question.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
People's belief systems would be seriously effected, and earth's history would be put under the microscope. Have ET tinkered with our evolutionary path? I suppose the biggest question of all would be are they friend or foe.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Any technology that we can glean from them that helps me retire earlier from full-time work will be most gratefully accepted!

I hate working for the man...

Plus, I'll have fits and giggles of laughter watching the religious zealots trying to reconfigure their dogma to accept or deny the aliens. Reality will be stranger than fiction!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The situation you might not of thought of gazrok, is the fact that the ability to travel to the stars is all they may have to offer.

They could have discovered or invented a new power source that would only be a great leap for space travel while at the same time the said source could be useless for anything else.

Considering many if not all who are here accept life on other planets as a given, how much of a shock would it be to see it confirmed? Not much Ill bet.

Lets turn the tables here for a moment. Lets say tomorrow, scientists announced they have discovered a new warp drive type thingy that would benefit space travel, and space travel only, then we went to the nearest planet with life that has evolved to say the point that we currently are, and also lets imagine their planet is in a state of turmoil as ours is.
What could we possibly do to enhace their lives in anyway?

Apart from giving them the ability to forward their space program, and confirm their theories that alien life exists, we would give them nothing.

I think we give ET far to much credit to live in the hope that they are the saviours of our planet (isnt that our job?) when in all probabillity its more likely that they are not much different from us.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I'll have fits and giggles of laughter watching the religious zealots trying to reconfigure their dogma to accept or deny the aliens.

God bless you.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sneakoid,
You bring up an excellent point. Why is it we always assume the E.T are always non-territorial, non-confrontational, and have become so advanced that they no longer have politics? True, many abductees and other so called contactees state that their nature is truly benign, and it is those very characteristics that we have that have prevented the E.T.'s from formal contact with us Humans.

Suppose they do come here, basically say" f all that noise", then move on elsewhere, where octopus are the predominate intelligent species. Wouldn't we then feel like a bunch of artards?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Fine thread.

You all have good thoughts and questions. I have written of my experiences with the Grey's and people just don't seem to get what I say.

There is good and bad in the Universe... the best I can say is when it is time for you to know you will know and whatever is to be will be.

Time has no meaning nor does money. People have to start helping one another and there are to be no boundies.

The blacks stopped there slavery and have come a long way now the human race has to just say no and stop there slavery the elite have them in.

The human race is waking but will they wake in time is the question?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
it is simple. when the violent ones arrive, i will stand till the death. when the friendly ones come, i will say "sit down, relax, have a beck's! so how does that thingy around your waste work?"

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think we actually wont be affected at all really, sure people would be shocked at first, it would be BIG news but it would die down slowly and we would fade back into normal life. I mean, if aliens came to Earth and showed themselves to us,who's to say they would stay here forever anyway? If you went to another planet and had an opportunity to live there, would you live there forever just because you could?
So I think we would be greatly affected by it at first, but imagine the culture shock for them!

[edit on 13/03/07 by MAD Hatt3r]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If they did come here with just their nod to us that they do indeed exist and then be on their way, you may be disapointed but at least you could get on with your life.

On the other hand, say they came and wiped out all diseases and minor ailments forever, the medical world would collapse over night.

If they gave us a new source of renewable power, with fast efficient transport, the oil industry and automobile would suffer badly.

Millions of jobs would also vanish. Affecting millions of lives.

If they ended poverty, or even abanded the need for money, who would make all the materials and products that we need to survive?
I know i woudnt if i wasnt getting paid for it. Would you?

It would either be a simple confirmation that we are not alone in the universe and hopefully we could grow to be a better society on the basis of it.

Or it would be a massive upheavel of life on this planet and the collapse would be because of a yearn for disclosure to happen in the first place.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
If they did come here with just their nod to us that they do indeed exist and then be on their way, you may be disapointed but at least you could get on with your life.

On the other hand, say they came and wiped out all diseases and minor ailments forever, the medical world would collapse over night.

If they gave us a new source of renewable power, with fast efficient transport, the oil industry and automobile would suffer badly.

Millions of jobs would also vanish. Affecting millions of lives.

If they ended poverty, or even abanded the need for money, who would make all the materials and products that we need to survive?
I know i woudnt if i wasnt getting paid for it. Would you?

It would either be a simple confirmation that we are not alone in the universe and hopefully we could grow to be a better society on the basis of it.

Or it would be a massive upheavel of life on this planet and the collapse would be because of a yearn for disclosure to happen in the first place.

geez... why so negative? I believe that they can show us how to have a perfect world and thrive in it. If they can get rid of our corrupt governments, that will solve 90% of our problems.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What will happen will be what people as a whole will make it.

We were all put here to learn how to make this the Garden of Eden again and we "aren't" doing a very good job are we?

All diseases can be cured from the roots of plants and plants will cure many other things on this planet, energy there is all free energy from space you just need to learn to use it.

This is known but the elite are keeping you dumbed down to enhance there greed.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, if we use the history of earth as a guide, when a much more advanced culture meets a primitive culture, the primitive culture has never survived the meeting. Think of the Aztecs and Mayans, along with Pacific island cultures.

Would the results of a meeting with even peaceful aliens be any different? I wonder, because I can imagine that in the rush by humanity to embrace all the new and wonderful things, we would lose a significant part of our cultures and in general that which makes us what we are.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just by showing themselves they wouldn't change a thing in my life.

If they gave us some needed things, like the cure for some diseases, it could change my life

Technologically speaking, if they gave us a new type of computer, operating system and programming languages I would be very happy.

Ata

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Personally, I think their emergence would be beneficial for mankind and I am ready for it. Alot of people will be affected negatively, but that would be because they are not ready and open for the changes ahead. I guess in a way I am looking forward to this. The way this world is going, I am ready for something different.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would imagine that "us" people like us that is would be answering alot of questions to those who sit and laugh at us and call us imagineers & crazies.
I somehow half agree that it would be big at first and then if "they" were passive and just showing they are real then after it's all said and done. It only seems normal that our society would try to profit from the thruth. The government would red tag any technology they passed, the private sector would bid for the rights and the rat race would start all over again.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If the aliens visit, so what it's just a few aliens.. but if their entire civilation on their home planet starts to visit us, we're talking trade. Arts in particular. Today a man down the street wouldn't buy a cd of music you made for $5. I think if it's an alien they'd trade you something of profound worth for your music which in turn is highly profound to them. And it doesn't stop there. If they intergrate as part of our population, life would never be the same. But if they just like say "hi" from a distance.. life would boringly go on. I think it depends but I see this way different... at least i'd know their existence is confirmed..then I'd fall into a religious sleep

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join