It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN right now Obama preaching

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
He's preaching on Cnn and they're showing it.

Check it out. Seems he is talking about both the cival rights moment and bringing in Joshua's march in Jerrico. I'm just shocked that Cnn is showing this.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Shar]

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 5-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What hypacrits!! Now Hillary's doing. Her opening sentence, "This is the day the Lord has made."

These two people are using Christains. That is obvious. I just hope it doesn't work and Christains will not fall for them.

Obama says hes in the Joshua generation. This is the generation that went to battle and knocked walls down. A fight in other words. Wonder who he's really fighting?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Religion and politics

Religion shouldnt be a part politics,period.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
These two people are using Christains. That is obvious. I just hope it doesn't work and Christains will not fall for them.

That's right, because we all know that Jesus is not only an American, he's a Republican

Seriously though, can you blame the Democrats? It's about time that they learned that policy doesn't mean anything and that religion is one of the few key selling points in an election.

Your average overweight, noise picking, soundbite quoting, crucifix wearing, Idol watching American doesn't bother actually watching C-Span or reviewing a candidates voting record. Somehow they conclude that if a candidate talks about God, they must be good people. I honestly don't understand how the common rube never concludes that these politicians might actually be using religion like a tool to manipulate elections, god forbid

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
well, obama has actually said that though he is deeply religious he doesn't see the place of religion in the state

so i'm not really afraid there

with hillary, it seems more like pandering

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well weather he said that or not I don't know.

I do know he was preaching it today. Talking about Moses and Joshua. Comparing their rights and freedom to Moses days, and Comparing the battle at Jericho to todays time.

That just didn't sound very good.

Dosen't sound like he's for all the people. Sounds more like he's for a certain group of people.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well it's expected CNN would do this.

With FOX spending every waking moment trying to dig up anything they can that sounds remotely bad about Hillary and Obama, CNN did what any rival would do... the opposite. CNN is promoting them becuase FOX is trying to destroy them.

And the Christian card? It would be nice if everyone would just drop religion when it came to politics, but the Republicans use it as one of their primary stances. The only way to compete with that, is to use that same stance aswell.

There are alot of Christians in the states. Most of whom would never vote for someone who wasn't a fellow Christian. This is where religion enters politics.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's aweful that religion has anything to do with politics. There is supposed to be a seperation of church and state down there, a seperation that is mostly tossed aside.

As for CNN promoting Hillary and Obama, I think it's justified. It's only fair seeing as how hard FOX tries to ruin them with rumors and any tiny scraps of dirt they pick up on them.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
this next presidential election will come down to, who the real powers think will have a better success being marketed from the democratic party.

also straight to religion is the democrats way to attract the voting majority of republicans. it is genius in its simplicity. the last 2 presidential elections were 'won' by a polar swing from progressive liberal democrats, to a more conservative republican representative of our country.

what the nation seems to forget, is we had unprecedented growth and stability, and peaceful relations with other world superpowers, all under the clinton administration. mr bush managed to erase all of that with his short-sighted war on terror. we have overspent our national budget, and our children and their children will feel it. also we have now grown so confident in our superiority as a nation, that we are 'forcing' our ideals on nations who are contect the way they are. just look at the election of hamas in jerusalem and palestine. it's what they wanted and expressed that with a democratic vote. g w bush didn't expect that at all. democracy isnt the solution, communication, and understanding/respecting cultural individuality is.

however....

if bill clinton had not been caught being a lhorndog unfaithful letch, the flipside is we may have had another 4-8 years of democrats. the conservative christians were riled up, and the republican party targeted them with 'let's make a change' away from these hedonistic ways, to a more jesus-like nation.

i totally get it...

-adhd

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
johnsky,

There are alot of Christians in the states. Most of whom would never vote for someone who wasn't a fellow Christian. This is where religion enters politics.

Speaking about something in the Bible or saying, "this is the day that the Lord has made." Does not make one a Christain. I think everyone needs to stand up and shake this FILTHY SMOKE off from them selves.

Can people not see through LIES? Are you saying the majority of people our really that GULLIABLE? If so this is truly PATHETIC!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I agree with Shar. All these politicians are hypocrits and should call themselves what they truly are, atheists. The whole seperation of chrch and state thing is a farce anyway. Its not anywhere in our consitution and in fact our country was founded on freedom of religion not anihilation of religion. The actual quote of 'seperation of church and state' was taken from a pamphlet written in the 1700's refering to keeping the government out of our curches, not religion out of our government. The foundation of moral fiber has always been founded in religious belief. Thats jut social science and human nature. The truth is obvious; these polititians have no true religious beliefs, they just pick out the appropriate tool from their box of retorick depending on what audience they are speaking to.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
look Mommy, the tiger's trying to change her stripes!!

she doesn't stand a cold chance in hades of pulling this one off, and more than likely will do herself more harm than good. that politically active christian conservative group is going to go along with who ever focus on the family and the other conservative puppetmasters endorse, and well....Obama might stand a chance of getting that endorsement. Since well, the republicans can't seem to find a candidate that really peeks their interest. Think all their preferred candidates got thrown out with yesterdays trash, either through the scandels or election. But Hillary sure isn't gonna get it and she should now this. she needs to promise herself now never to do something this stupid again. she has a chance for the whitehouse, if she doesn't let stupidity blow it on her.
She isn't a good preacher...

"This is the day the Lord hath Made"....
hey don't blame God for our messed up political system that would lead politicians to go running to the church's for support....I doubt if this was his idea...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

They fell hook, line and sinker for Bush using Christians and Christianity to woo the people for the past 8 years. Why wouldn't the same people (and others) fall for Hillary's newfound religion?

And yes, the people are that naive and gullible. They're still saying things like "Bush is a good Christian man," despite the evidence to the contrary.

And I think it's a good political move. Hypocricy at it's best, but that's politics in the USA today.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic,

Because people should be smarter than that. Why is it that people cannot seem to think for themselves? Its like they need to be told what to think, and how long to think.

I think its a shame that people are so naive and gullible. I just wish the world would wake up and wake up in a snap. Cause if they don't were going to keep on going down hill.

None the less they should leave God out of it cause it makes them look like fools. We already know where they stand on God-- they don't. They cannot keep using Gods name to suit their needs when they think its neccesary. Surely after all these years people would realize they are being used.

I say throw these politicans in the trash. We need some new ones.

God help us all cause were in for a turbulant ride.

And not everyone out here is in a box. Some of us still have our own brains.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Shar, I wonder the same things sometimes. I try to stay away from "news" and my husband and I are as out-of-touch with mainstream America as we can be and proud of it. I don't know... It's seems like it's in the water or something. I wonder sometimes if it's subliminal messages in Network TV or something, I swear. The majority of people are asleep.

I feel like I'm watching a bad movie chronicling the downfall of a society... And all I can do is observe...

It's like the Twilight Zone, man.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
With FOX spending every waking moment trying to dig up anything they can that sounds remotely bad about Hillary and Obama ..

'... every waking moment trying... ' eh??

Sorry johnsky, but no one has to spend every waking moment TRYING to dig up dirt on Hillary and Obama. There is plenty of it and it's all there in the open for the world to see. Obama has more of an empty resume than dirt, but Hillary's dirt is a wide open book. Pardongate is going to bite her in the butt. She'll still be elected in 2008, but she has tons and tons of bagage and no one has to go looking for it.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
with hillary, it seems more like pandering

It certainly does.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They're still saying things like "Bush is a good Christian man," ...

Who says this? Have you seen his approval ratings? YIKES!

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Your average overweight, noise picking, soundbite quoting, crucifix wearing, Idol watching American

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW!!

doesn't bother actually watching C-Span

So .. you are insinuating that republicans are all overweight, pick their noses, watch Idol, and don't have a clue politically? geeeeeze.

BTW .. I am a registered Republican. I don't pick my nose. I don't watch American Idol (hate it). I wear a (green) scapular, not a crucifix. I am overweight, but so are the democrats I know who are my age. And I am VERY aware of politics, the players, and the issues. All the republicans I know are aware of the players and the issues.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

None the less they should leave God out of it ....
God help us all cause were in for a turbulant ride.

This was kinda funny. In one paragraph you said that people should leave God out of politics and then in the next you said 'God help us all ..'

I'm not picking on you Shar ... but it was funny.

Edited to add - Shar .. I like your avatar.

[edit on 3/5/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the comment on my avatar.

Yes it is funny. But I'm not a politician. I'm not using God. They however, are using only Gods name. Thats it. Just His name. It's sickening. God is gonna have to help out the people of this world cause the politicians are gonna destroy it. Especially the elected ones.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Religion should not be involved in politics in my honest opinion. Isn't politics controversial enough without adding another subject that is arguable into the mix?

I honestly, though, don't see the democrats benefitting from this tactic. I may be wrong, but we will see.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I disagree that religon should be kept seperate from politics. A persons actions should always be guided by their faith in their religious beliefs in everything they do. This is what made our founding fathers great men and great leaders. This is also what drove them to fight back when their own government overstepped its bounds and took away their rights and freedoms.

What I'm talking about is actual religion and not just verbal banter. The same leaders that stand up and talk about their belief in God are the ones who have told us that we are not even allowed to speak of God in our public school systems.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
well i think what hilary and obama are doing, is just a pure manipulation of sociology. let me explain...

when a diplomatic gap exists between 2 or more groups who coexist, but don't necessarily get along, a basic form of communication is necessary.

in this case 'basics of communication' means speaking to them in a way they identify with or understand. speak with a religious overtone to those who place group value on the morals, ethics, and message of christ/particular religion x and you develop the basis for identifying with the other group. a basic form of communication is established in such way.

at this point the republican voters as a group are more or less leaderless. they do not look to the next guy in line for leadership for he is just as bad. also the poloticians of the party have betrayed the people of the voting body of the republican party, by saber rattling along with bush and being wrong for the voters, but right for the money earning machine that is the government.

the democrats seeing their opportunity, are trying to woo away republican voters, by using their values against them in a time of party weakness.

that's as clearly as i see it.

-adhd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join