It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret History of the Freemasons TV Show Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The Secret History of the Freemasons is on the Discovery Channel tonight (Sunday) at 9:00 EST. (About two hours from now)

Just thought I'd let you guys know if you didn't already.

[edit on 11/2/2007 by enjoies05]

Cug

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Looks interesting

Secret History of the Freemasons
An unprecedented inside look into one of the world's most mysterious organizations- the Freemasons. Their inner workings, history, and secrets will be uncovered and centuries old rituals are filmed for the first time ever.

Source: dsc.discovery.com...

Starts at 9:00 EST and repeats at 1:00am.

It's 2 hours long.

On my dig cable info screen it said "as revealed by a 33rd degree Mason".

It will also be on the Discovery Times channel on Tue (the 13th) if you miss it.

[edit on 2/11/2007 by Cug]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm watching it now so I'll be back later...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well that was interesting. The first hour and three-quarters was pretty standard fare, and in fact there was quite a lot of duplication from the program last week. But the last 15 minutes basically debunked the rest of the program and felt almost like a masonic recruitment video it was so positive.

I'd be interested in other views on this.

Cug

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well that was an odd show.

Most of the conspiracy stuff was pretty much the same stuff you see here all the time, but this was the first time I saw many things on TV. (P2, the shooting in NY) most of the show did seem drastically onesided on the anti-mason side. The soundbites from the masons on the show seemed to be heavily edited, or taken out of context. (Example a mason describing a conspiracy theory without giving any sort of rebuttal, it felt like he was validating it.)

Then in the last 15-20 min they pretty much dismissed everything they talked about. That just seemed to be a bit goofy. I wonder how many people tuned out before the last 15 min and never saw the end?

Some other comments.

The initiation ritual they "exposed" just seemed like it was highly edited, it was very short. (but for all I know it is that short)

It also claimed it was the 1st degree, and the 3rd at various times.

One guy said that the Scottish Rite wrote the 3rd, or at least inspired it??

I noticed that they implied that females can join now, no mention that it was a diffrent "branch" of Masonry.

Oh yea, after the guy was hoodwinked and then led around.. I saw Santa sitting at the corner of the checkerboard!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Several things didn't seem right about that show. It caused me and others watching to suspect that this was more of a propoganda machine against the Masonic order rather than in favor of it.

True, they were redeemed in the end, but as has been mentioned above, how many people really stayed around until then to hear it? I'm kind of curious about who really put out the video. I mean, for all intents and purposes, it appeared to be an anti-Masonic video until the 1hr 30min mark. Then a decidedly positive swing came through, almost as if they supposed that everyone that they wanted to really "reach" had already left. I'm still scratching my head on this one.

I even noticed at the start of the second hour mark that they hadn't yet answered one single question out of those that they asked at the beginning of the show. They even went so far as to ask these same questions AGAIN!! They seemed to be being very methodically redundant, covering the same material twice; almost as if to drive people to turn the channel. This leads me to wonder who's sending what message out. They'll always be able to say that they promoted a good message, for those that stayed. Yet they (and presumably we) understand that they were really just utilizing a very well-known psychological tactic to sway public opinion against the Masons.

This tactic I speak of is when someone watches a person's behavior, and notes how they react to what kinds of stimuli. They take a general demographic of the population that watch these kinds of shows, and gear the show's contents accordingly. To try and keep public backlash to a minimum, they cover the good stuff at the end, as if that'll make up for the previous one and a half hours of negative connotations.

True, the Masons don't give a rat's behind what anyone really thinks about this, since it's everyone's god-given right to think as they will, but it's also disheartening to think that some people would intentionally take advantage of another's cognitive reasoning. Still though, the only thing that puzzles me here is what do the people that made this film have to gain by the negative image that they've propogated to those that didn't finish watching the show? What's the real agenda here?

Something's terribly out of place here...

Who's doing this? And why?

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I only caught the last 20 minutes of it. It felt way too doo-goody and fluffy. The lousy ritual work and even worse costumes were also a little too much to bear.

Maybe I would've enjoyed the first hour and 45 minutes of it better!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Trust me, you wouldn't have. I just about fell to sleep. If it hadn't been for my ever-present desire for more knowledge, I may have.

TheBorg

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

>>'the Masons don't give a rat's behind what anyone really thinks about this'

as a Master Mason myself, I can say we actually think it was quite ridiculous and that many of these so-called documentaries are quite comical.

top topics

join