It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Device at Port of Miami found today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
FOX just said again the device/object whatever it was that they just blew up, tested positively for plastic explosives SIX TIMES!!!!

and I still think there is a connection between yesterday's scare, the three men and today's incident.

Again, why does something need to be tested 6 TIMES ... when it tests positive twice, you rig it up, get the hell out of the way, and demolish it.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
press conference guys says that it could be "false positive"
6 false positives??wouldn't that equal to 1 positive???

and that package detonated contained pipes or something relating to the sprinkler system of the cruise ship...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
lol, I wouldnt put any faith in anything Fox or CNN has to say, they never get their facts straight, they're like parrots... they repeat something that sounds a little like the news.

I'm pretty sure as soon as they detected C4, they preped for demolition immediately. They wouldnt have tested it 6 times... there would be no point.

"Are you sure it's C4? Maybe it's a fried egg."
"No I'm positive, it's C4."
"You SURE? I have a horrible headache today, and the last thing I want to hear is a bang"
"It's C4 sir."
"Well... test it 5 more times... I'm gonna go get some coffee."

I know some of the authorities down there are incompetent, but that would be rediculous.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
does seem funny and ridiculous that they tested it 6 times to come to same conclusion, but I guess they really wanted to be sure

Coast Guard: Device detects explosives at Port of Miami
The package was tested six times by explosives detection equipment and each time it came back positive for C4, said Petty Officer James Judge.

The package was destroyed, and Miami-Dade County police's bomb squad was inspecting the remains to determine if there were any explosives inside, said Zach Mann, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection in Miami.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
wouldn't that be a kick in the butt if it turns out that these guys had nothing to do with it and it was only because of their error they found this device whatever it may be. Hope this is the case.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's just sprinkler parts. Still strange though how it would show up containing C4 six times.

Authorities: Miami package was harmless

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Did it say what set them off to test the items in the first place. It doesn't seem all that random to check 'sprinkler parts' scheduled to be sent off on a cruise ship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join