It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Device at Port of Miami found today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
this is crazy now....

suspicious device which tested positive for C4 explosives is found at the Port of Miami today....

awaiting links...watching it on local wsvn news here in ft laud. still no full story, but it's on the CNN pipeline...
www.cnn.com...
thanks to anon poster for the msnbc link
[rul=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16528857/]Miami port investigates ‘suspicious’ package[/url]

Possible Explosive Scare At Port Of Miami

CBS4) MIAMI One day after a case of miscommunication turned into a security scare at the Port of Miami, now there’s another situation unfolding that involves possible explosives found at the busy Port.

According to Port of Miami spokeswoman, Andria Muniz-Amador, a cargo pallet has been discovered and may contain a large amount of C-4 explosives.

The pallet was discovered in an area located at Gate H, located right next to Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines “Majesty of the Sea”, which does have passengers on board who are preparing to embark later Monday afternoon.

Terminal H is cordoned off as police investigate.

A bomb squad is also on the scene.

but on a side note, this was also in the news....
Charges dropped against men detained after Miami port scare

and the terror scare:
Port Of Maimi Locked Down (Possible terror Alert)

call me crazy, but middle eastern men, charges dropped and the same day you find a suspicious device.... what is going on???

[edit on 1-8-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Now that's really entertaining..looooooooool !

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Cybernative]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was just watching the same on CNN, WW. It was like deja-vu? Thinking ... weren't we just there yesterday?

"some sort of instrument which has tested positive for C-4"

What the ?

This has been Quite the odd/interesting day, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Today is certainly turning out to be quite interesting. Gas in New York, Dead Birds in Austin, and these two items here.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

This has been Quite the odd/interesting day, to say the least.

Yes, you took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Pardon me while a I go a bit skunkworks for a moment, but I think it would be interesting if yesterdays incident with the truck driver and his passengers turned out to be a well planned piece of mis-direction.

Then again, this theory would only hold water if it is found that the C4 was snuck into the port yesterday...during the time everybody was focused on the truck and it's passengers/driver.

Just a thought, but it's a highly odd coincidence.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
imo, a bit too coincidental Spiderj

I was thinking along the same lines....

right now I think they should trying to track down those guys that they just dropped charges against and question them further.

something ain't smelling right and I don't think it's the fishes in the port

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
Yes, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Mine to obviously

I posted links though

Spiderj, I'm thinking something along the same lines as well, although I'm really curious to see if anything else happens that may tie everything together in some fashion or other.

Of course, if there is such a connection, it'll be behind the scenes where no one will probably know about it.

(Also, there isn't really much to connect to at the moment, just some strange occurrences that haven't really accomplished much of anything...)

Edit: bad bbcode.

[edit on 1/8/2007 by MCory1]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Guys !!!! PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE ALERT !!

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Cybernative]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Pardon me while a I go a bit skunkworks for a moment, but I think it would be interesting if yesterdays incident with the truck driver and his passengers turned out to be a well planned piece of mis-direction.

Then again, this theory would only hold water if it is found that the C4 was snuck into the port yesterday...during the time everybody was focused on the truck and it's passengers/driver.

Just a thought, but it's a highly odd coincidence.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

at least someone is connecting the dots...

the device that was found could be yet another distraction...hopefully im just being paranoid...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
thanks fellow tin foil hat wearers...sometimes, even here it's hard to judge how far out is too far out, but evidently we're all sort of thinking the same thing, and if I may continue down this paranoid path....

right now I think they should trying to track down those guys that they just dropped charges against and question them further.

Unless of course the reason these three were released and the charges dropped is because they rolled over on their buddies.

Of course innocent until proven guilty, but just saying.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Fox just said this incident doesn't seem to be related to the previous terror scare of yesterday.. How the hell do they know that????? Ain't it a bit presumptious of them to being saying that???

local station is back to showing regular programming, but bomb squad is on the scene. yeah divorce court is so much captivating than live unfolding news
sheesh

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
FOX is now saying that the cargo in which this device was founded was supposed to be loading onto the Royal Caribbean ship Majesty of the Seas.

Now if that isn't terrorism related, I just don't know... C4 on a cruise ship that size

link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Fox just said ... How the hell do they know that????? Ain't it a bit presumptious of them to being saying that???

I just made the same kind of comment over on the 'Gas Odor in NYC' thread. The Mayor and the people in charge were on TV and Radio saying something to this effect - 'we don't know what it is, but we know it's not terrorism'.

How the heck can anyone say that ... or say that the Miami thing is unrelated ... when they haven't even investigated yet???????

The idiots are really ticking me off today. They've definately made me put my grump on!!

grrrrrrrrr! watch out ya'll!

link   
I just saw a cnn blurb on it where they interviewed a female coast guard petty officer ... she said it POSSIBLY tested positive for C-4. And apparently that was the most current info on the situation.

I think the media took "possible" as "positive" and ran with it for a bit.

Although how can something "possibly" test for C-4 ... isn't it kinda a yes or no thing???

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
fiverz, I'm actually hearing they've tested it twice and both times is came up positive for C4

awaiting the facts.......

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Looks like they blew up whatever it was and an all clear is being given according to FOX news.

another story bites the dust or gets swept under the rug, however you wanna to look at it.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
edit:

WW beat me to it.

Spiderj

[edit on 1/8/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
C4

Cruise Ship

Smuggling attempt to get in 'middle eastern men'...

I'm going to connect the dots to a terror attack at sea onboard a major cruiseliner, with the feds accidently letting go three of those involved...

This my fellows, is not looking good for the shipping industry, because if they attempted it on US soil, then they must of seen or thought that US port security was lacking in 'secureness'.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
FOX just said again the device/object whatever it was that they just blew up, tested positively for plastic explosives SIX TIMES!!!!

and I still think there is a connection between yesterday's scare, the three men and today's incident.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join