It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam to Hang This Weekend?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Rumours are spreading, on CNN they're talking. Military sources have said that the transfer of Saddam Hussein to the Iraqies would happen within the next 36 hours. An execution is expected to take place immediately following his surrender to Iraqi authorities.

news.scotsman.com
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Television networks face a killer of a conundrum with the impending execution of Saddam Hussein, whose hanging could be videotaped and perhaps aired on Iraqi TV.

The timing of Saddam's date with the gallows was unclear, but late Thursday CBS, NBC and Fox News Channel reported that the former dictator, convicted this year in the deaths of 148 people in 1982, would be turned over by the American military to the Iraqi government within 36 hours and hanged before the start of a Muslim holiday on Sunday.

Several sources said Saddam's execution would be videotaped by the Iraqi government, though it wasn't clear whether it would be released to the public or broadcast.

"We will video everything," Iraqi National Security adviser Mouffak al Rubaie told CBS News.

Judging by the Iraqi government's release Tuesday of videotape of the hanging of 13 convicts, it could be a gruesome affair. Meetings were held Thursday in at least two network headquarters over how to handle the potentially graphic images. ABC and CBS said they wouldn't air the full execution if the video became available.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They are gonna hang the legitimate president of Iraq. Stupidity and revenge rule.

The biggest problem seems to be how to present it for the world. Are we gonna have a live hanging like when Ceacescu and his wife were executed? Or do they have ethical considerations to take. Not family friendly stuff. No one can stop it now.

And only very few stop to think whether this is right or wrong.

Before you get ready with the pops'n chips, try to think of anyone you know of responsible for 182 deaths or more. If you have any in mind, ask yourself if they should deserve to die, now Saddam has to.

I shall not judge if it's right or wrong. But one thing I know, it is STUPID.

Of all the stupid things Bush has done, THIS will be the one to hold him deep in the Babylonean quagmire for a looong time to come; ...and should he get out, be sure there'll be plenty of ghosts to huant him for the rest of his days.

This is a backstep for international law, the concept of which was never fully acknowledge by the Americans - though they invented it at Nuremberg.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

[edit on 29-12-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, it looks like Saddam has been turned over to the Iraqis.
I can't help but wonder how much violence will erupt after his death...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like the hanging is set for tomorrow:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't know if it is right to be happy that a man is going to be killed tomorow. No matter what he has done, I still find it a little "wrong" to be cheering this on.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i've said it in other threads, and i'll say it here:

he was a head of state. he should have been tried at the hague. no former head of state is going to get a fair trial in his own country...especially when those opposing his rule are now in power. all this execution is going to do is exacerbate the problem. you think iraq is a mess now? wait until the day after saddam is hung.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i've said it in other threads, and i'll say it here:

he was a head of state. he should have been tried at the hague. no former head of state is going to get a fair trial in his own country...especially when those opposing his rule are now in power. all this execution is going to do is exacerbate the problem. you think iraq is a mess now? wait until the day after saddam is hung.

I couldn't have said it better myself...BUT ya know there will be those ghouls and fools and gungho armchair warriors who will be cheering this on. Mark my word we will come to rue this day. No good will come of it at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There's no turning back. Saddam will hang at dawn, 3:00 UTC, reports say. The judge has been told to be ready to witness the carrying out of the sentence.

Saddam himself is reported to be in high spirit, happy becoming a martyr and not have to rot away in a jail.

Dubaya has done more to Saddam than any insurgency or tyrany could have to secure he'll live, if not forever then for a very long time.

And the rumours will persist he's not dead, he'll come back.

Sure Dubaya gives his opponents all the favours, now they have a martyr to fight for, a resurrection to wait for.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
There's no turning back. Saddam will hang at dawn, 3:00 UTC, reports say. The judge has been told to be ready to witness the carrying out of the sentence.

Would that be 10:00 PM New York time? Er, about 3 hours from now?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
According to FOX yes, he'll be executed at 10 PM EST/6 AM Baghdad time.

Hoorah!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

They are gonna hang the legitimate president of Iraq. Stupidity and revenge rule.

"Legitimate president of Iraq"... He took Iraq by force and subjugated most Iraqis under an iron hand. Torture and executions in front of family members is what most Iraqis found under Saddam's regime, yet you and some others want to claim "he was the legitimate president of Iraq"....

You are right about one thing....stupidity does runs amok apparently.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't understand how people can cheer the death of a human. It makes you no better then he.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Sure Dubaya gives his opponents all the favours, now they have a martyr to fight for, a resurrection to wait for.

I guess you never saw the millions of Iraqis who took to the streets after Saddam was deposed and celebrated the end of his reign....

The remains of Saddam's regime have been fighting to get into power again, and they will continue, whether Saddam is alive or dead.

I can't help but notice that you are using this to try to give more weight to your own political agenda.

Let's see again some of the things Saddam did to his own people, people you apparently think love him to death...

Iraqis pour out tales of Saddam's torture chambers
By Jack Kelley, USA TODAY
BAGHDAD — Pictures of dead Iraqis, with their necks slashed, their eyes gouged out and their genitals blackened, fill a bookshelf. Jail cells, with dried blood on the floor and rusted shackles bolted to the walls, line the corridors. And the screams of what could be imprisoned men in an underground detention center echo through air shafts and sewer pipes.
They paint a picture of arrests, killings and torture that have led human rights groups to condemn the Iraqi leader in the strongest terms. The groups have charged that tens of thousands of Iraqis, from Kurds in the north to Shiites in the south, were tortured and killed after Saddam seized power in 1979.

Most were arrested on charges ranging from criticizing the Iraqi leader to cooperating with the United States.

Only a few walked out of the jails alive.

Some Iraqis are already coming forward with tales of atrocities. Many allegedly were carried out here at the Military Intelligence Directorate.

"I was beaten, refrigerated naked and put underground for one year because I was a Shiite and Saddam is a Sunni," said Ali Kaddam Kardom, 37. He said he was arrested in the central city of Karbala on March 10, 2000. He returned to the facility in Baghdad this weekend, he said, to help rescue any Iraqis who still might be imprisoned there.

www.usatoday.com...

Iraqis loved Saddam huh Khunmoon?.....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That's right. Let's take it from West to East.

To avoid error I use 2400 timecount.

1900 h in LA, 2100 h in Chigago, 2200 h in NY on the 29th.
0300 h in London, 0400 in Paris/Berlin, 0600 h in Moscow/Iraq, 0800 in India, 1000 h in SE Asia, 1100 h in Beijing, 1200 in Tokyo and 1400 h in Sydney on the 30th.

2 hours 45 minuttes from now.

Watch out for the footage, examine it frame by frame.

Will it be a drugged look-alike?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I don't understand how people can cheer the death of a human. It makes you no better then he.

There is a difference between justice and what Saddam did, and you trying to claim they are both the same is amusing.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Watch out for the footage, examine it frame by frame.

Will it be a drugged look-alike?

Apparently you will relish to see "frame by frame how he dies", and apparently you want more people to look at it by claiming "could it be a drugged look-alike"...

He is going to pay for the crimes he committed, that's all i need to know.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

There is a difference between justice and what Saddam did, and you trying to claim they are both the same is amusing.

No I didn't. Show me where in that one statement that I said that. Nice attempt at spin there, Muaddib, but not surprising.

I'll say it again for the intelectually challenged:

"I don't understand how people can cheer the death of a human. It makes you no better then he".

Your cheering for the death of a human. Enjoying it are we? Sick...

And it isn't justice, it was a kangaroo court.

Justice for the crimes he committed should only be metted out by the Hague.

The trial was a joke and had it been anyone else, they would have solid grounds for a re-trial. Political interference and regular killings of Saddam's legal team are but a couple of the things that would have guranteed a re-trial in any civilised country.

So much for bringing "freedom and democracy" if this is the standard Iraqi courts live up too. An utter joke....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is wrong.
Executing Saddam is going to be one of those moments where karma WILL come back to haunt you one day america.

does saddam deserve to die?
Yes, no questions asked. Some of the haneous things he didnt to people is worthy of a thousand executions.

But it is WRONG for him to be executed under occupation by a country HE DIDNT commit any acts against.

The US had no right to invade and capture him, he did NOTHING to them.
The IRAQI's were the only ones whom had the moral obligation to CAPTURE him, try him and hang him.

This foney court of law setup under US occupation is NOT an IRAQI Affair, anyone who believes the US played no hand in this is badly decieved.

Saddam, RIM (misery) you evil SOB!

But be sure to leave a nice empty spot either side of you, because Bush and Cheney wil be joining up with you, mark my words!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That would have been funny if you knew how to spell intellectually, but it does show who is "intellectually challenged."

Have you seen me jumping, yelling, and cheering to see him hang?.....

And you are trying to lump together justice with what Saddam did to the Iraqi people.

The trial was a joke and had it been anyone else, they would have solid grounds for a re-trial. Political interference and regular killings of Saddam's legal team are but a couple of the things that would have guranteed a re-trial in any civilised country.

So much for bringing "freedom and democracy" if this is the standard Iraqi courts live up too. An utter joke....

Right...I forgot that in Britain there are no crimes committed against criminals or even those who defend criminals when some people can't stand to see the murderers of their own family alive, or being made up to be "innocent".... oh but I guess if it happens anywhere else "it is a sign that freedom and democracy is a joke"....

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have no idea why some of you people are saying the court was invalid etc.

He was duly convicted through due process according to the Iraqi laws by a court of the internationally recognized Iraqi government.

This was something he didn't afford to hundreds of thousands of people he killed.

I'll cheer his death, just like I would any murderer.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That would have been funny if you knew how to spell intellectually, but it does show who is "intellectually challenged."

Yeah, typo, smart arse.

Have you seen me jumping, yelling, and cheering to see him hang?.....

My original piece was directed at someone else until you stuck your oar in.

And you are trying to lump together justice with what Saddam did to the Iraqi people.

NO... Again, where the fudge are you getting this BS from?

Just because Saddam was a bastard, does that give you the right to be a bastard back?

In any civilised society, no it doesn't.

He is entitled to a fair trial and his victoms deserve for him to have a fair, open trial. For the simple reason that at least then, the result won't be disputed and appear, as is now, to be a US led show trial.

Right...I forgot that in Britain there are no crimes committed against criminals or even those who defend criminals when some people can't stand to see the murderers of their own family alive, or being made up to be "innocent".... oh but I guess if it happens anywhere else "it is a sign that freedom and democracy is a joke"....

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Muaddib]

What the hell has ANY of that got to do with the Judicial process? None. If someone attacks anyone, be they a convicted criminal or just accused, they will be dealt with as if they attacked anyone else. If there are any grounds for a re-trial, then there will be one. There have been several this year already.

[edit on 29/12/06 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
But it is WRONG for him to be executed under occupation by a country HE DIDNT commit any acts against.

That's not what the Russian intelligence evidence which they provided to the U.S. since 9/11 and up to the beginning of the war in Iraq says, and it is not what the Spaniard judge Baltazar found when he linked the Iraqi embassy to one of the planners of the 9/11 attacks... But I guess Russia and Spain among others are in cahoots with the U.S.....

This foney court of law setup under US occupation is NOT an IRAQI Affair, anyone who believes the US played no hand in this is badly decieved.

Keep yelling all you want, but the Iraqis have been voting for who should be in power in Iraq, and most of the Iraqi people want to see Saddam hang.

But be sure to leave a nice empty spot either side of you, because Bush and Cheney wil be joining up with you, mark my words!

Nothing but empty words of hatred...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join