It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam to Hang This Weekend?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
So much for bringing "freedom and democracy" if this is the standard Iraqi courts live up too. An utter joke....

Exactly what I too have to see it as.

And for Muaddib, whatever is paid for any crime can never reverse the deed. It can only feed the lowest of feelings humans contain.

And please don't accuse me of 'using this to try to give more weight to my own political agenda', cause in this case I don't have any, except pointing out the burlesque and bizarre in this rediculing of 'justice'.

Oh yes, maybe it is political when I deeply and sincere have to object the American version of 'good' and 'bad', 'right' and 'wrong'.

One thing though, don't teach me about atrocities, current or previous. I've lived long enough to see it all from Auswitch to Guatanamo.

For my own personal view, I've no doubt it'll be the real Saddam that they'll hang in a few hours, but this is CONSPIRACY site, and you bet for the months or more to come, there'll be people here who WILL examine every single frame. But my personal opinion is, Saddam could tell too many too embarassing things about his connections to American officials, so of course they'll kill him.

My agenda, call it political or what you like, is to point out the arrogance and contempt the present gangsters of the White House show to international justice ...and to international relations for that matter. Not even Hitler and Stalin could inflict so much damage on the world as they do.

But Dubaya and his gang rule the street now, so all of us wankers and whimpers have to take shelter, hide or agree. Even Mao had debates.

Not Georgy boy, he never was it tought.

"International Law! I better call my lawyer", he once said asked about the subject.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yeah, typo, smart arse.

You are the one who supposedly considers himself a higher intellectual human being, but the truth shows otherwise.

My original piece was directed at someone else until you stuck your oar in.

Then you better learn how to properly quote people.

What the hell has ANY of that got to do with the Judicial process? None. If someone attacks anyone, be they a convicted criminal or just accused, they will be dealt with as if they attacked anyone else. If there are any grounds for a re-trial, then there will be one. There have been several this year already.

The point is that it happens....even in your beloved England, but you are trying to claim that because of this "democracy and freedom is a joke" in Iraq....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can we PLEASE discuss the topic? This pitiful personal bickering adds NOTHING to the board.

Thank you all.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
According to Fox News, Saddam will be executed within the hour.

"There is no reason for delays," said Munir Haddad, an Iraqi judge on the appeals court that reviewed Saddam's case. He also said the execution will occur by Saturday.

"Nothing and nobody can abrogate the ruling" upholding Saddam's sentence, al-Maliki said.

In his Friday sermon, a mosque preacher in the Shiite holy city of Najaf called Saddam's execution "God's gift to Iraqis."

"Oh, God, you know what Saddam has done! He killed millions of Iraqis in prisons, in wars with neighboring countries and he is responsible for mass graves. Oh God, we ask you to take revenge on Saddam," said Sheik Sadralddin al-Qubanji, a member of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, known as SCIRI, the dominant party in al-Maliki's coalition.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2006/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

And for Muaddib, whatever is paid for any crime can never reverse the deed. It can only feed the lowest of feelings humans contain.

It is not about "reversing any deeds"...is paying for what he did... There is a difference.

And please don't accuse me of 'using this to try to give more weight to my own political agenda', cause in this case I don't have any, except pointing out the burlesque and bizarre in this rediculing of 'justice'.

With all your claims about "Saddam being the legitimate president of Iraq", when it is known that he took power by force and the Iraqi people did not vote for him to be in power, and your references to "the Americans and their stupidity" show the real intentions of your post, even if you want to deny it now.

Oh yes, maybe it is political when I deeply and sincere have to object the American version of 'good' and 'bad', 'right' and 'wrong'.

and what makes "your version" of right and wrong any better?...

One thing though, don't teach me about atrocities, current or previous. I've lived long enough to see it all from Auswitch to Guatanamo.

Right, my apologies.... Danes have suffered much recently and i guess that gives you an insight into how similar things were/are between "Guantanamo and Auswitch".....

But my personal opinion is, Saddam could tell too many too embarassing things about his connections to American officials, so of course they'll kill him.

It is your personal opinion and nothing more. I have also heard some other personal opinions which are nothing more than rhetorical rants.

My agenda, call it political or what you like, is to point out the arrogance and contempt the present gangsters of the White House show to international justice ...

You talk of arrogance yet you have the "arrogance" to apparently claim your view of "right and wrong" is better than what the Iraqi courts decided?....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If it was a fair trial it should have been in the Hague and not some farse with several different judges and assasinated defense lawyers and hidden witnesses.How do you defend yourself against someone you can't see and how do you know that person is the person who is bearing witness against you? Evidence was suppressed and on top of that he still has other charges facing him that he is supposed to be tried for before he is put to death. This was politically motivated and controlled. It should be done right or not at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
You are the one who supposedly considers himself a higher intellectual human being, but the truth shows otherwise.

Then don't attach political BS to something I never said.

My original piece was directed at someone else until you stuck your oar in.

Then you better learn how to properly quote people.

Thats rich. Seeing as my first post was directly beneath the person I was responding to, ie dj, not you, then I suggest you butt out next time. If I am replying to the person directly above me, then there is no need to quote.

What the hell has ANY of that got to do with the Judicial process? None. If someone attacks anyone, be they a convicted criminal or just accused, they will be dealt with as if they attacked anyone else. If there are any grounds for a re-trial, then there will be one. There have been several this year already.

The point is that it happens....even in your beloved England, but you are trying to claim that because of this "democracy and freedom is a joke" in Iraq....

You miss my point, but not surprising as you never listen to anyone else point of view but your own anyway.

The point is, in England, a trial like this would have been thrown out. Political interference (changing judges) and murder of lawyers would have had the case thrown out and gone to retrial.

In your beacon of US cock-up's, ie Iraq, this hasn't happened. In fact, they sentenced a man to death in a kangaroo court and rejected the appeal, even though anywhere else this would have been upheld and a retrial ordered.

Understand now?

Doubt it, but it's worth a go...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If it was a fair trial it should have been in the Hague and not some farse with several different judges and assasinated defense lawyers and hidden witnesses.How do you defend yourself against someone you can't see and how do you know that person is the person who is bearing witness against you? Evidence was suppressed and on top of that he still has other charges facing him that he is supposed to be tried for before he is put to death. This was politically motivated and controlled. It should be done right or not at all.

How convinient that you don't mention that some of those killed were against Saddam and his regime... you also don't mention that 26 witnesses were presented in favour of Saddam, yet Saddam's lawyer wanted to buy more time and get more witnesses... The remnants of Saddam's regime wanted to pay off more people or find more of their own people to defend Saddam, the judge said enough is enough. The trial ran for several months, but I guess some people wanted more time for whatever motives.

The trial was done right, and the Iraqis found Saddam guilty. You can yell and scream all you want. Having Saddam in a cell will only strengten his followers to commit more atrocities in his name, and perhaps even try to release him so he can start another reign of terror. I am sure some would love to see that happen, but "the Iraqis" decided differently.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I didn't "attach any political BS"...you did...

Thats rich. Seeing as my first post was directly beneath the person I was responding to, ie dj, not you, then I suggest you butt out next time. If I am replying to the person directly above me, then there is no need to quote.

This is absurb......, your response was right after mine.....and since you didn't specify who you were responding to, common sense says you were most probably responding to the "last post"...which hapened to be mine....

If you don't want people to respond to your posts, then don't post anyhting in an open forum....

You miss my point, but not surprising as you never listen to anyone else point of view but your own anyway.

Really funny coming from you....

The point is, in England, a trial like this would have been thrown out. Political interference (changing judges) and murder of lawyers would have had the case thrown out and gone to retrial.

I know you would love to see "the case thrown out", and I also find it interesting that neither you, or the other member saying "people were murdered" never mentioned anything about the Judges and lawyers who were in the prosecution, which means against Saddam, who were murdered...

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Right, my apologies.... Danes have suffered much recently and i guess that gives you an insight into how similar things were/are between "Guantanamo and Auswitch".....

Yes, we have suffered, because we never believed in Dr. Strangelove. We knew, or at least those of us who dared to allow it into consciousness, that we would be the first ones to go, if the Soviets pushed the button, that we would already have been incinerated for 10 minuttes or more, when the first missels was close enough to the American continent to be intercepted. Not to mention the scenario of being occupied by the Soviets. Then we just would be nuked from the other side, we knew. Nowhere to escape.

To stay on the topic, I'll just remind you that I agreed with stumason about 'the joke' of this so-called trial.

Nothing to do with justice, only exercising power. And yes I think the Americans exercise 'the evil' power, that they have betrayed their constitution, and outright killed the American spirit. And believe me, few like Danes have put their whole faith in that spirit, because and despite what you think, we did suffer during the war and in the years that followed. I doubt you have suffered any lacks or privations in your childhood, so you can save your sarcasm.

Finally this is about the execution of Saddam and the parody of a trial that has lead to it.

I could start a thread about the legions of tyrants, dictators and despots who America has helped and supported into power, but not today Muaddib. Today it's about Saddam and his trial, and now there's only half an hour to the expected hanging, so please refrain from further personal attacks, please. Thank you.

One last word: they now use the word "joy" in connection with the upcoming killing of the president of Iraq. I don't approve it, but I understand it.

Sometimes it is right to kill the king, something the American people may have to learn, now all values from Justice over Freedom to Democracy have been ridiculed and desecrated.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The trial ran for several months, but I guess some people wanted more time for whatever motives.

What does several months mean? Malpractice and Injury suits go on for years. This is a capitol offense case. It should take as long as it needs.
What about the other charges facing him? Those do not get addressed?

Are you a former Official of the former government of the USSR? Just curious because I could have sworn trials and generally murder cases sometimes dragged on for years and appeals were often a right of the accused as well as the right of facing your accuser.

As far as bribery goes towards witnesses, this is the first I've heard about this. I've googled it and can't seem to find anything. Did you mean this bribery?

Bribe claim surfaces in Saddam trial

FAIR TRIAL?: A witness claimed that the chief prosecutor gave him US$500 to make up his testimony, while another witness said some of the massacre 'victims' were still alive

AP, BAGHDAD
Friday, Jun 02, 2006, Page 7
The chief judge in former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein's trial threw the ousted Iraqi leader's intelligence chief out of court during a heated argument after the defense accused the prosecution of trying to buy testimony from a witness.

Accusations of Saddam Prosecuter Bribing witnesses

Iraq must be using a new Democracy Lite program. 1/2 the calories of Regular democracy with the same great taste.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I didn't "attach any political BS"...you did...

No, you attempted to claim i didn't want justice. That is not what I said.

This is absurb......, your response was right after mine.....and since you didn't specify who you were responding to, common sense says you were most probably responding to the "last post"...which hapened to be mine....

If you don't want people to respond to your posts, then don't post anyhting in an open forum....

True. When I hit reply, there was just dj's response. I didn't even see your post until I just looked now.

Really funny coming from you....

Well, I don't have a track record for being a stubborn bastard..... Feel free to check my posting history.

I know you would love to see "the case thrown out", and I also find it interesting that neither you, or the other member saying "people were murdered" never mentioned anything about the Judges and lawyers who were in the prosecution, which means against Saddam, who were murdered...

That is exactly my point!! Had a judge been murdered during the trial, there would be a retrial. Had anything happened to compromise the integrity of the trial, it would be thrown out and passed for retrial.

It's a really simple concept to grasp, Muaddib. This trial was a joke and does no service to the Iraqi Government or people to be seen to have a Judicial system that operates like this.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Fox has just reported that al-Arabia has announced that Saddam is dead.

If this is correct, justice has been served.

[edit on 2006/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm pissed... I was watching Dr Who and now my manager has turned the Tv over to watch this "news"....

Buggerit

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Desecration has been served.

On the dawn on the holiest day of Islam, some will call it justice. I doubt any Muslim, even his most tormented victims, sees it as that. It's a stroke by the crusaders. Most Muslim will render it so.

One thing for sure, a sigh of relief goes through many a boardroom of the corporate world at this moment. Like when Pinochet died.

If they don't die naturally, be sure they do with a little help from 'the friends'.

A martyr is born, and any bad side they had will be wiped out by the myth.

I repeat it once more: This is the Most Stupid Thing American Power ever has Done!!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If he is dead then I offer my respect. The man has done wrong in his life but he had also done a lot of good for his people.
Iraq is another US puppet state now. And the paradox is, the insurgency will never leave it until it ceases to be one.
They should not have killed Saddam.
Most countries share the same opinion: Most of the EU(Incld Blair),Russia,India and China.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The official story is now on.

news.bbc.co.uk
His execution marks the end of a chapter. But it does not mark the end of the chaos that Iraq faces. His fate has become almost a sideshow in the great struggle now unfolding in Iraq. His dying wish, expressed in a letter written in jail, called for Iraqis to unite.

They are unlikely to listen.

The Bush administration, struggling to set a new course in Iraq, will try to make capital out of Saddam Hussein's removal.

But it was thought when he was captured in December 2003 ("We got him," declared the American administrator Paul Bremer) that it would demoralise the insurgency. It did not.

And nor will his death.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yes, now his gone and that is good for justice ...but not for order ...or peace. Won't stabilize anything, I'm afraid. No.

Let me state it clear, I don't regret his dead, I only regret his trial being called justice. Devaluation of principles, a tendency now emerging in America, very dangerous, please keep it to yourself. If you can.

But the decision... Hmm, maybe it just was a reflectory habit leftover from the days as a Texas Governor.

Some might celebrate, others morn, but for sure many, many people will in commemoration of Saddam look back to the days when they could walk the streets and drive around the country with no fear of being blown up.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Most countries share the same opinion: Most of the EU(Incld Blair),Russia,India and China.

The problem with the world is that too many people are waiting till it's safe to speak up and do something about anything. Eg. President Ford gave an interview that said he didn't think Iraq should be invaded and he questioned the motives for invasion. Now he was a well liked President, maybe his words at the right time, could have made a difference, but he only let his words be heard after his death, lot of good that does the world now.

Sometimes good men of conscience, good people need to speak up before it's too late, because after you just can't change things.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Honestly, Harassment101, who can stop the Americans? They don't know the gentle art of listening ...and the reasoning they'll never let others do.

english.aljazeera.net
The government had kept details of its plans shrouded in secrecy amid concerns that it may provoke a violent backlash from his former supporters with Iraq on the brink of civil war.

Saddam's conviction on November 5 was hailed by George Bush, the US president, as a triumph for the democracy he promised to foster in Iraq after the invasion almost four years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And Dubaya has just announced from Crawford, that the execution was a great step forward!??!!

I think he must be sick.

LATEST: 9 o'clock local time the video will be shown at national TV. It's 15 minutes from now.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm not happy...I know he killed and tortured, but many more have died since he was taken out of power. And there seems to be no end. Maybe Iraq needs a personality like his...

And btw...

CNN needs to look and see if the hanging video is "okay" for us to see. I mean, what the hell, it is late at night, and we need to be monitored like children? How moronic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join