It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Being a Cop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

PODcast: Being a Cop
What it's like for me to be a Cop
Podsafe music by:
accousticRyan
Acoustic_sunrise
guitar_background

length: 11:02
file: btstpod_1965.mp3
size: 5178k
feed: btst

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
BRAVO...!

I've enjoyed all your podcast, but this one really was one that will sit with me for a long while.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all and illustrateing the 'honor' associated
with being a cop. The thought provoking realization that if you can change just one life,
then it's been worth it..

These and all your other accomplishments resounded my appreciation for the police.

Maybe I'll get up the nerve to ask sometime how I can become more proficient with my
Walther P-99...(heh)

Keep them coming my friend,
Johnny

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Its got the music, its got the tales, and above all this man has got THE voice!

Semper, you need to go into radio broadcasting - This is the best podcaste I have listened to in a long time - I'm a UK citizen, but I appreciate the difficulties that police face daily on the streets of the world, so along with the praise for the podcaste, I salute you for your honesty!.

"Change one persons life" - needs no more words.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
"You have voted semperfortis for the Way Above Top Secret award."

this is an awesome podcast so i gave you a WATS vote for it mang... i listened to it today at work and was just sitting there like, wow... i wish i could say something similar for my life, but i need to get my sh!t together first and quit wasting away... definitely inspirational mang, thanx...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Semper, that was an excellent podcast, I really enjoyed listening to your views on being a police officer.

*sigh*

I wish I could trust most of the officers around here to have the same honor stored that you do, but I can't. Possibly that's because of the fact that I was the son of a cop who was indeed (and still is) entirely crooked as they come, so I am biased. But even before Katrina, I saw what happened here, and knew I didn't like it and I knew it was wrong. Now we have 4 different police groups here, and I'm still seeing the cop cars parked outside the crack houses while they go in for their fix. What are ya gonna do though? Call the police? It's just very very sad, because I know there should be better, and there are better elsewhere. :shk:

However, I appreciate the reminder that not all of you are like this, and some of you are just like the rest of us. I'll think of you every time the needle gets close to 35mph in the 25mph zone.

Great podcast.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your life and thoughts with us...you poured out your soul, and I am deeply touched.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't know what to say...

except.

Thank you.

Semper

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks, semper. You've renewed my faith in your profession, a little anyway.
I've read some of your blog entries, too. Very worthwhile reads

I just wish more cops have your mindset.
Too many of the ones in my city walk around like robocop, enjoying pushing their weight around. Too many are on the job for the wrong reasons.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow, I don't know how I ever missed this podcast, cause I surely would have said something. That was great, semp!

And so I'm curious: What percentage of the force would you say has a similar attitude about being a cop as you do? Cause from what I've seen, I'll venture on the order of 75%. Most cops I meet are usually very nice, but maybe that's because I'm usually nice to them. Face it, if one pulls you for speeding, it wasn't the cop's fault, it was yours.

On the other hand there are some who are just total power hungry, above the law types, that will make that known right from the onset.

In any case, it was an informative podcast, delivered from a perspective that the average person does not get to hear often. And it was much appreciated!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
TA,

I think that almost all start out with wonderful intentions of "Saving the World", but after enough law suits, wiping spit off your uniform and listening to Mothers tell their little children that we will lock them up if they are bad, many Police Officers lose that attitude and become indifferent.

I was lucky that I had something of a past when I began Police Work, enough that I was very secure in who I am that the "Power" of the badge never effected me that much.

It takes a while, but I think that all Officers come to understand that the badge takes more power away then it ever bestows.

But then again, I have taught Police Ethics for years...

Thank you for the kind comments, and remember, there really are a lot of good Cops out there, maybe they are just having a bad day..

Semper

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That's a pretty cool podcast I liked it and it wasnt so bad plus I liked it. IT was thought provoking. I wish I could share something similar to you with my life but I need to bring myself back together.
It has the music... and I like your voice... you sound like you have a lot on your mind.
Good job semper! I'm voting you for WATS!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hey semper,
Never realized you are a cop.
That was one of the most stylish,heartfelt podcasts i have listened to on ATS.
Your ideas and work ethic should be carved into granite at the USAs top Police training center.
Words of wisdom indeed.
Also,the music was so fitting,it was almost as though you were sat by the fire,with a nice accoustic geetar.
Well done Sir,you have certainly made a difference to the lives of many.

May the path of your future be long,and lead free.

top topics

join