It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holier-Than-Thou Dad/Daughter Duo Seek to Ban Fahrenheit 451

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's one of the best books of all time! They can't do that, can they? It's a book about banning and burning books. Which is odd, because that's what thier doing. I just don't understand people sometimes, I don't get them.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The irony!!

I reckon they're doing this as a p*ss-take just to see how far they can go.

Funnily enough, I bought the film last week

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ahh I remember reading about this.

You know, if she wants to remain ignorant and miss out on one of the best books ever written, that's fine and dandy.

Trying to prevent others from reading it is unpardonable.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well I'm sort of curious about the book itself that they trying to ban. I bet there's a lot of content in there that I probably wouldn't care to see or read and is insignificant to it's theme. The thing is if you're trying to make a point there will often be plenty of smucks out there that will fill their argument with indecent and unneccessary filth and vulgarity. That is something I too disapprove of.
It's simple to present this from a biased perspective all you have to do is play around with a few words and you will get the shock reaction.
BOOK ON BANNING BOOKS TO BE BANNED! Oh noes!

[edit on 30-11-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

FLYING PANDA PROMOTES COMMUNISM!

They have the right to not read the book. Why take away other's to read it?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
They're attempting to ban a book about the banning of books?

Man .. that is a funny twist isn't it? Perhaps they should read the book and give it some thought and educate themselves before they call to ban it, eh?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I bet there's a lot of content in there that I probably wouldn't care to see or read and is insignificant to it's theme.

That would be a bad bet.

The thing is if you're trying to make a point there will often be plenty of smucks out there that will fill their argument with indecent and unneccessary filth and vulgarity. That is something I too disapprove of.

Bradbury simply doesn't do that. In fact, he's sort of famous in the community for his stance on vulgarity.

I bet I can guess what made you think otherwise too, this dad and daughter duo of dimwitted dolts. See how their uninformed opinion spreads like a filthy miasma, corrupting those who come in contact with their words?

:shk:

It's simple to present this from a biased perspective all you have to do is play around with a few words and you will get the shock reaction.

The book is one of the most important in existance on the subject, and it's well-written. It's a classic, with a message, and delivered with style - what more could one want?

There's no sensationalism here, just good old-fashioned, honest, outrage.

Do yourself a favor and read the goddamn book before making up your mind about it. Don't be like these people...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Do yourself a favor and read the goddamn book before making up your mind about it. Don't be like these people...

If I could give you a WATS I would!!

Ever notice the type of people that adhere to the "condemnation before investigation" style of thinking??

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join