It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeffery Derderian Gets No Jail Time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Can you believe this! I thought Johnnie Cochran was dead!

www.projo.com...

A hundred people died! This guy owned the place along with his brother! It was his responsibility to keep his club safe. This is total BS

Our justice system is a total joke in some cases. Very embarrassing. They should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen! Where's the charges against the fire inspector?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
While I agree he was responsible.....there is no way in hell he wanted/wished for this to happen. Also what good is sending him to jail going to do ? He lost freinds, his business, his reputation and has to live with it for the rest of his life. No one could have predicted the fire would happen and it was just crap luck that it did. Remember that Great White did the exact same show in many venues with no issue and I will bet my life that other clubs out there have the same crappy sound insulation in them. Do we also blame the victims in this for panicking and clogging the exit when there were two other exits that basically went unused during the fire ?? (I have been there before so I know) If everyone had stayed somewhat calm and used ALL the exits this would not have happened. Everyone ran for the front effectively clogging it and never used the side exits.

This whole thing is terrible for everyone involved and I feel bad for them all.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Makes me sick too. Those families left behind are all let down by the system. I know the Derderarian family and I still think they should see jail time. We lost some really good people in that fire and those lives were wasted. Our community needs to be outraged by this. I hope the stories that are being suppressed come out loudly.

umm..the spraypaint used over the flammable foam was also an excellerent but it was never disclosed. That foam was put up AFTER the fire inspection as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As a family member of one of the victims, and a New Englander I am disgusted. Thats all I can say.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
While I agree he was responsible.....there is no way in hell he wanted/wished for this to happen. Also what good is sending him to jail going to do ? He lost freinds, his business, his reputation and has to live with it for the rest of his life. No one could have predicted the fire would happen and it was just crap luck that it did. Remember that Great White did the exact same show in many venues with no issue and I will bet my life that other clubs out there have the same crappy sound insulation in them. Do we also blame the victims in this for panicking and clogging the exit when there were two other exits that basically went unused during the fire ?? (I have been there before so I know) If everyone had stayed somewhat calm and used ALL the exits this would not have happened. Everyone ran for the front effectively clogging it and never used the side exits.

This whole thing is terrible for everyone involved and I feel bad for them all.

Yes I had been there too a few times, and if REAL inspections were carried out on this building then I think they would have definitely predicted that there were fire hazzards, and demanded they be corrected or revoke their licence. Why do we have manslaughter charges, ( even categorized ), for in the first place?

C'mon- You know these guys have state & local officials in their back pocket. They probably met at the Foxy Lady for lunch to sign the inspection papers. I remember other locations, ( like The Strand, the old Living Room in the CIC complex, etc. ), they were firetraps, crumbling concrete, etc.. It's all who you know. . .

Plus he shows no remorse like Biechele, and has denied any wrong doing right from the start. . . I just think it's BS!

And no I don't think we should blame the victims. Were you ever instructed what to do in case of a fire when you were there? Do you remember seeing anything posted except the EXIT signs? People panic, that's what they do. Plus- If I remember correctly I thought it was proven they were in violation of the fire code with respect to the number of people in the building that night. ( Not sure about this though ) The only place I ever remember standing out in front of & waiting to get in was JR's Fastlane. . . I played in a bunch of those places in the 80's & they were packed to the gills most nights to the point you could barely move.

I totally agree that this runs rampant all over the place, but if you're willing to roll the dice and do the crime, then I think you gotta do the time.

Again- 100 people died. I think that says it all. . .

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I too have been there as well as many other clubs in the state and they are ALL the same. These older buildings are not up the newer codes and the marshals know it. They fear that most business' would fail due to the enormous costs of redoing them correctly. This has been a problem for a long time and it was tradgic that people had to die to make this known. I remember in the 80's downtown, the clubs were packed to the rafters with kids. I worked the door at a couple and had the owners tell me to keep taking the money.

I cannot fault the customers one bit for panicking. The rules were broken and exits weren't visibly seen immediately. If it is your first time in a place, would you know all the exits? Would you even bother to look? These people needed a fast egress that wasn't available to them.

I feel that all those who were involved should shoulder the blame. Not just one scapegoat. Also, WTF is up with the suspended sentences? Even a year in jail would send a message, but there will most likely be no jail time across the board.

I weep for the time when that land gets sold for redevelopment. I told a family member of the landholder that they should will it to the town as a memorial park with no buildings. I hope the town at least offers to buy it for that purpose.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I too have been there as well as many other clubs in the state and they are ALL the same. These older buildings are not up the newer codes and the marshals know it. They fear that most business' would fail due to the enormous costs of redoing them correctly. This has been a problem for a long time and it was tradgic that people had to die to make this known. I remember in the 80's downtown, the clubs were packed to the rafters with kids. I worked the door at a couple and had the owners tell me to keep taking the money.

I cannot fault the customers one bit for panicking. The rules were broken and exits weren't visibly seen immediately. If it is your first time in a place, would you know all the exits? Would you even bother to look? These people needed a fast egress that wasn't available to them.

I feel that all those who were involved should shoulder the blame. Not just one scapegoat. Also, WTF is up with the suspended sentences? Even a year in jail would send a message, but there will most likely be no jail time across the board.

I weep for the time when that land gets sold for redevelopment. I told a family member of the landholder that they should will it to the town as a memorial park with no buildings. I hope the town at least offers to buy it for that purpose.

Me too. . .That would be a really great idea to use it in a way that it would benefit the community & help keep the site serene, and accessable to everyone that wanted to visit it and remember.

It would be much more of an honor to the families & the victims of the tragedy to see their lost loved one's offspring playing in a park there, vs selling & building again so that only a few will profit. Maybe the families can push for this to happen also. Good call SW.

spelling

[edit on 21-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

top topics

join