It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you really that scared of terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Where are the statistics about death every day from other more probable events?

I'm sure there has been exponentially more to fear in terms of dying from disease, car accidents, drug overdose and the daily grind of life.

So, why is there war against terror where people seem to be dying at an accelerated rate?

Are people actually scared enough of terrorists to be willing to die to stop them?

The mindset is one that verges on retardation: fighting a 'war on terror' should not have the same payload of that which amounts to more casualities had a war on terror never been committed.

Do you see the retardation factor here? America fights a war on terror with war, which amounts to more casuality. Which is the original intention of a war on terror.

Get it? Do I need to explain further?
Ok, but think about something: Your not going to die from terrorism. You will die from something else.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There are many things which frighten me far more than the threat of terrorism.

Chief amoung these is what my fellow countrymen have been, are, and most chilling of all, might be willing to sacrifice, for the illusion of safety from "terrorists".

To think that a dark-skinned man with a beard and a backpack would someday cause my neighbors more palpitations than an Attorney General of the United States openly advocating for the right to "torture" certain "suspects", boggles my mind and loosens my bowels in abject fear for our future.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm more scared of the Gov't than any terrorist! The intelligence agencies, & CCRA are what I'm scared of. I'm a tax protestor.

(this might not be who you assume is typing this as this is a work station computer; anything typed cannot be used as evidence!)

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
I'm more scared of the Gov't than any terrorist! The intelligence agencies, & CCRA are what I'm scared of. I'm a tax protestor.

(this might not be who you assume is typing this as this is a work station computer; anything typed cannot be used as evidence!)

Right on man, exactly my view.. I am more affraid of my government exceding its leagal boundries then the boogy man Muslims.

The Gov. can spread all the fear they want with the fake bs terrorist drills like the London plane bombing scare. They will never fool me again after 9/11, the only thing I have to fear from another 9/11 is what my own governments response will be.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am not affraid of the terrorists and go about my day as usual. I am able to do that with confidence because I finaly have a President that knows the problem and isn't affraid to act. I am just a free in my day to day life now as I was 9/10/01 so people screaming about there freedoms being curbed I haven't noticed that myself lol. Bet it isn't happening to them either lol. They probably can go out to the local grocery and pick something up right now without worrying about big brother watching them he,he...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
We are born to die another day, and its more chances that I will die from something else than a terrorist attack.

So, no I am not afraid of terrorist if I was that means that the present administration fight on terror is a phony and just a way to politicized agendas.

But I am angry that my status as an American will bring more harm than good and make me a target if I happen to travel abroad.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
More than ever, I love my Country but I fear my government.
Since 9/11 and the Patriots Acts, there is even more to fear. Our rights being trampled, slashed, invaded.

Although I do think that the Muslim extremists have little use for non_Islam people. But, that doesn't worry me as much as what is happening under the guide of protecting US citizens.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What terrorists?

I mean, if there were really terrorists in this country then buses, trains and buildings would be blowing up all over the place.

Any one of us could create an explosive or chemical device if we wanted. Some of the chemicals needed are under our kitchen sinks. If untrained citizens can concoct an explosive or deadly solution, then what can a trained terrorist do once he is within our borders.

We hear about buses & train stations blowing up in other countries, but never the U.S., at least not until now. These days the way our fearless leader is ticking people off around the globe, I can only expect that he has created a reason for them to come here to bomb us too.

I'm more afraid of future threats than current. I don't mean that Bush is doing such a great job at keeping them out. With 4 million illegals crossing the borders each year, we all know that is impossible. Rather, I believe that Bush has created more terrorists in these past 6 years than existed prior to his tenure.

What terrorists?

[edit on 14-9-2006 by davenman]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm more scared of the government who claims that terrorists are around every corner.

I dont dwell on terrorists because, flankly, they havent touched many of us for the most part. On the other hand, be afraid of the government who claims terrorists are out to get us. I'm afraid of rapists and home invasions and nuts out there wanting to harm people...not terrorists. The only terrorist i; worry about are in the White House.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm more scared of the government who claims that terrorists are around every corner.

I dont dwell on terrorists because, flankly, they havent touched many of us for the most part. On the other hand, be afraid of the government who claims terrorists are out to get us. I'm afraid of rapists and home invasions and nuts out there wanting to harm people...not terrorists. The only terrorist i; worry about are in the White House.

I see you put a lot of thought into that. Those terrorist managed to kill 3000 innocent people in one day and you say you would be more afraid of a government that says people like them are out to get us?
The white house are the terrorists? Are they planning to kill as many innocent people as possible? no they are not. When they bomb targets in iraq or anywhere for that matter. Do they say lets forget the high priced precision bombs and kill as many civilians as we possibly can?
Grow up.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm more troubled by the chain reactions these attack cause. Think Afghanistan and Iraq, all thanks to the famous 9/11 attacks, and who knows what more this date will give birth to.

I think panic is a bigger problem here, people can exploit it.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuyu

Originally posted by dgtempe The only terrorist i; worry about are in the White House.

Those terrorist managed to kill 3000 innocent people in one day and you say you would be more afraid of a government that says people like them are out to get us?
The white house are the terrorists? Are they planning to kill as many innocent people as possible? no they are not. When they bomb targets in iraq or anywhere for that matter. Do they say lets forget the high priced precision bombs and kill as many civilians as we possibly can?
Grow up.

Whats worse, 29 000 kids starving to death every day of the year, or 3 000 people being murdered once? We could feed those kids. We choose not to. Are we any better? I don't think so. We are the benefactors of generations of exploitation and oppression, and we don't want to admit it. I am not afraid of terrorists, I am afraid that we won't save those kids any time soon, and instead spend our money on weapons.

[edit on 9/15/2006 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Afraid? No.. Worried about my country being targeted by radical Islamics? Yes.

Hypothetically.. lets say that the US government was one day overthrown by the opposition. Would you like your government imposing its religious beliefs on its people or forcing women to wear hijabs?

This is a bigger threat than our corrupt government. No doubt about it.

Anyone who says they are more scared of our own government are obviously david icke wanna be's with no solid head on their shoulder. Dont get me wrong, the United states government is relatively corrupt but they are not hellbent on destroying the ways of the western world which many of us take for granted.

The Islamic Fascists are threat number one. Cut it any way you want.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Fear is the great motivator, and governments understand this and use it to their own ends; it's been that way since the few first ruled the many. In ancient Rome it was the barbarian hordes, throughout the Cold War it was the commies, now it's the Islamic fundamentalist terrorists. What's next? Who knows...probably aliens...or gays...or maybe gay aliens.

Anyone who tells you they feel safer knowing that somewhere in some far away country terrorists are being stamped out by men in uniform; anyone who has an obsession with firearms; anyone who constantly tries to convince you that you must understand that there are no conspiracies, there are only Islamic psychopaths who absolutely will not stop until you are dead, is motivated by fear.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuyu

I see you put a lot of thought into that. Those terrorist managed to kill 3000 innocent people in one day and you say you would be more afraid of a government that says people like them are out to get us?
Grow up.
Oh, I have put thought behind this one. Tell it to the NWO, Bush Cheney and his cronies, the elite.....
I am grown up and YOU should grow up and put up with others opinions. My opinion is just as valid as yours and perhaps more viable than yours. Personal attacks are not a thing i take to and deal with it.
YES, i say either this government LET IT HAPPEN or made it happen. That is my opinion. RESPECT IT.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I doubt they were behind it, but they may have allowed it in order to gain public support for their plans to go into Afghanistan. It wouldn't be the first time, some say. Pearl Harbor has been claimed to have been known about and allowed for the same reason, to get public support to enter WWII.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I can't bring myself to be afraid of terrorists. If they really hated our freedom, I think the attacks would be of a much different nature. I thing the headlines would have articles about movie theaters being blown up, sporting events getting hit, malls being taken over, and churches being exploded by suicide bombers.

I really don't think they could care less about our freedoms. It's all about our policies. If we were to pull completely out of the Middle East and cut ties with Israel, I don't think we would ever hear from them again. Unless they all pooled together and tried to overtake the world. I could be wrong, but that just doesn't seem plausible.

I wish it was as easy of everyone just getting along and respecting each others opinions,but that won't happen. Man has a primal instinct to be right. And when that doesn't happen, Man must defend themselves because Man hates being wrong.

So no fear here. Just frustration that Mankind has to resort to killing.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I aware of the threate that terrorists pose but Im not scared or afraid of terrorists. The New Zealand government dosnt engage in fear mongering and I refuse to alter my life because of the terrorist threate. If I was to alter my life the terrorists would win .

If I want to fly and vist the Middle East and other place that terrorists target I will screw Islamic and other extremists.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I would agree with a majority of the previously stated opinions. Our government is far "scarier" than any foreign terrorist. Their actions post 9/11 I feel have put all of our personal saftey at a greater risk. If we would open our eyes as to why these people hate us so much and try to fix the root of the problem, we would all be better off.

JP

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have an aunt who is, lets say independent, who decided for a holiday to take a solo motorcycle journey across North Africa. She was told not to by everyone, because a woman alone travelling through all Muslim countries was just too dangerous to dare. Well, she dared, and she had a great time. She almost always met friendly, hospitable, helpful, generous people, and never once had anything bad done to her. She occasionally felt a little nervous, but nothing dad happened the whole trip. On the contrary, she was impressed by the 'above and beyond' helpful actions she got from people when she got a flat tire, or had mechanical troubles. Her family and friends were worried for her, but she wasn't. And she apparently had nothing to worry about as it turned out.
Also, when was the last time the news did a story on the charity work done by Muslim charities like the Aga Khan foundation? For some reason I have noticed that the news never mentions all the good they are doing. I bet most people don't even know that Muslim aid organizations are active in many poor countries doing good works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join