It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to Destroy Planes in Flight Stopped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Britain went on its highest terror alert after announcing that a plot to destroy several planes in flight between the United Kingdom and the US was stooped. The joint operation was conducted by Scotland yard and local police. The plan that was stopped was to be carried out by twenty one people with explosives in carry on bags to be set off in flight. The security level now reduces all carry on baggage to a bare minimum.

www.news24.com
Britain went on its highest alert for terrorist attacks early on Thursday after the discovery of a plot to blow up several planes flying between Britain and the United States.

The level of alert was raised to "critical" from "severe" as airport security was tightened.

British police earlier announced they had thwarted a major terrorist plot to allegedly blow up aircraft.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I saw this story on the news this morning. They are really making this sound like a major operation. It was also said that these people have been under surveillance for several months. So if that is the case the police should really have this pretty well in hand. And since it was made public today I also wonder if there has been a secrete arrest prior to now. The report was not precise about if they caught the terrorists with the explosives or not. Good job Britain!

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
seattletimes.nwsource.com
www.dailyindia.com

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Djarums]

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Djarums]

[edit on 10-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If this had come from the Bush administration at this time I would be reciting the story of the Karl Rove who cried wolf... but the Brits are a bit more stolid about such things so I tend to believe it. Unfortunate it was being planned, glad it was caught.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
If this had come from the Bush administration at this time I would be reciting the story of the Karl Rove who cried wolf... but the Brits are a bit more stolid about such things so I tend to believe it. Unfortunate it was being planned, glad it was caught.

Wow, that's a lot coming from you. But just to make sure I understand your point, you're saying that from now on if there is any important news such as a foiled terrorist attack, it has to be released through the British or you won't believe or take it seriously? That's a pretty dogmatic view, don't you think? Might even be personally dangerous for you ...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No I didn't say that at all, nor did I imply it... but after all the up and down alerts over the past few years... its kinda hard not to be reminded of the boy who cried wolf. I maintain that 90% of them were done for political reasons since nothing ever seemed to come of them, so no I don't trust the Bush Administration in this. But the British have a history of being pretty dispassionate about these sort of things so they have something the Bushies lack.... crediblity.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that Britain is alot closer to the warzone than America, pitting their citizens in harms way more frequently than our own. Thankfully not many of these plots have come to fruition, with the unfortunate exception of the Bus bombings.

Good job for their Homeland Security team, they obviously have things in check over there. Lets us hope these terror alerts come down in due time.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Good job for their Homeland Security team, they obviously have things in check over there. Lets us hope these terror alerts come down in due time.

I do think the British have one of the best counter terrisem teams in the world. After all that trouble they had with the IRA they had to devolp a good counter terror team. So again I am glad this one was stoped and I do hope they have gotten all the key players.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
21 people with carryons ?? Doesn't Britain have airport security?

THAT would have been a long shot...i'd say.

How stupid. Doesnt carry on luggage get checked???

Just how far did these people think they'd get??

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I was just watching the evening news and they were talking about how disruptive this has become and I had to ask myself....self; Assuming that it is indeed Al Qeada behind this and not Rovian static to scare the voters before the mid-term elections, how many of these of these plots are actually designed to happen? I think that it could be that with 9/11, their major work was done, and that all the so-called plots since were never meant to happen but are meant to be caught...to keep disrupting our economy and to keep us unsettled and nervous.

I have mentioned before that the Russian anarchists and Boshiviks of the late 19th century had this theory that acts of violence prodded the state into being more repressive, more brittle and subsequently, through their crack downs alienate the populous even further, leading ultimately to its collapse. I maintain that same idea was/is behind Al Qeada's attacks and that with 9/11 he set a trap for Bush who stumbled right into it....a protracted war against an elusive enemy and then Bush made it worse by invading Iraq.

Was this plot meant to actually happen or was it meant to disrupt international travel and consequently our economy? Either would be an act of terror in my book.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I was just watching the evening news and they were talking about how disruptive this has become and I had to ask myself....self; Assuming that it is indeed Al Qeada behind this and not Rovian static to scare the voters before the mid-term elections, how many of these of these plots are actually designed to happen? I think that it could be that with 9/11, their major work was done, and that all the so-called plots since were never meant to happen but are meant to be caught...to keep disrupting our economy and to keep us unsettled and nervous.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. Just because it was supposed to happen in Brittain, doesnt mean it wasn't set up from here. Wow, the trouble, it all reads like a horror story....Academy award stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A round of applause to the police for stoping this terrorist plot. An outstanding job well done.

But the worrying part is the TSA going totally numbnuts as usual, it's mind boggling. Can somebody give them a swift kick in the ass to straighten them back to earth.

They somehow figured it was a brillant idea to take your potentially explosive bottle of water and carelessly dump it in a trash bin in the middle of the crowd, mixing with a bunch of other potentially explosive liquids. These retards are in charge of your safety.

xopl.com

Who are the most dangerous, the terrorists or the airport security?

EDIT: ATS censored the link, so you will have to type it manually. This URL is a harmless news story, let's not get our pants in a knot here, your eyes won't bleed, I swear.
www.xopl.com/blog/2006/08/10/crockof s h i t .html

[edit on 10-8-2006 by ufia]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Just how far did these people think they'd get??

There are explosive types that are extremely difficult to find if you don't know to be looking for them. And even then, it wouldn't be hard to miss them. The type that they were using was liquid, which can look like anything from the water you drink, to hair gel.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yes, i just heard.

Sorry about me jumping the gun here. Now, no liquids or gels will be allowed..Personally, i will only board an airplane again for an emergency of enormous proportions. If i cant drive there. or take a train ( bad journey, but at least its terra firma)..I'm not going anywhere.

Trains
, the last train i got on from Flagstaff to Boston there was a shooting!

Its just not safe outside your home anymore,

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
These types of things generally last a short time. We used to have them every so often and they didn't last longer than a month or two before they were rescinded. Usually once they're SURE the thread is over and done with, they give it a little bit longer then back it down.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Dgtempe
From what I have heard since this started, is the plan was to have the materals and then mix them when on the plane. So I am glad the British were on top of things.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A few point that I'd like help cleared up:

They said that they would make the bomb on the plane. They also said that the combination of the ingrediants would have to be precise. Would they really have gotten away with this?

Side note: I flew from Cincinnatti to LA a couple years ago. My mother gave me a pyrimid glass candle that burned scented oil as a flame. The candle and a bottle of scented oil was put in my bag and stored away below in a plastic bag (very safe).

When I got home. In the plastic bag was only the candle, they had removed the oil and never even left a note.

I would love someone to tell me how they believed they could get away with having explosive materials, to the magnetude of blowing a plane out of the sky. Any body have the science to back it up for me? AAC

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Rules for check in bags are different than carry on bags. You're allowed to carry some things on in carry on bags that you can't check in, because cargo holds don't have all the safety features the cabin does.

As far as making it on the plane, you simply keep the right chemicals in the right amounts, and mix them together when you're on the plane. Once you have the proper amounts it's just a matter of mixing them, and adding the other components.

Ramsi Yousef and Kahlid Sheik Mohammed were involved in planning Operation Bojinka in the 1990s, which was AMAZINGLY similar to what this operation was trying to do. That was stopped through a lot of sheer dumb luck and several lucky breaks. The test run failed because Yousef was sitting one seat too far to the right, so they delayed the op to figure out what went wrong, and then were found making the bombs in an apartment in the Philippines when the landlord smelled something funny and called the police.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I believe you hit the nail on the head. Just because it was supposed to happen in Brittain, doesnt mean it wasn't set up from here. Wow, the trouble, it all reads like a horror story....Academy award stuff.

Makes you wonder if that's not where they got it, now doesn't it? I'm becoming more and more skeptical about what the news says every day. I'm almost to the point now that I think that everything I see has been designed to take place a certain way by a group of people, just like a movie script.

Should that be the case, then we are all being witnesses to the powers of misperception and coercion, and I fear that we may not have the strength or the will to fix it.

TheBorg

[Edited for spelling]

[edit on 11-8-2006 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say dgtempe....Assuming that Al Qeada is behind these plots... were they actually meant to happen, or were they meant to be caught? Couldn't the plan be to have these cells caught and and the disruption and hysteria their revelation causes be the goal?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Sorry, Grover, i was at work and missed the whole thing. I misunderstood you.

I beleive this is utter crap, something else to take away more freedoms. Could i be wrong? It could be....but i expect nothing more and nothing less today...

Where's the proof??? What proof do we have here that all these people were plotting? Some informant, supposedly...that doesnt convince me.
No sirrrreeee.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well it could still be true... read the second part of the original post again. I still say 9/11 was a trap which Bush stumbled right into.

As George Carlin said... "We are being led by a man who knows nothing about history and he is being advised by men who care nothing for it."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join