It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's do a experiment with UV and IR cameras

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
On this page you'll find many cameras which are able to film in the UV and IR light spectrum (light invisible for the human eye):
sales.hamamatsu.com...

It's said that some objects (UFO's, ghosts, whatever) can hide in these spectrums.
So we should really start to experiment with this, we should buy ourself some cameras like that and start filming the sky and everyting for hours each day and see if we are able to find objects hiding in these light spectrums!

This one looks very good, it's the best on high energy waves (UV), but can also get some IR:
sales.hamamatsu.com...
And this one is best on IR:
sales.hamamatsu.com...

I don't have the money to buy such a camera, but I promise I will buy one and start researching if someone would be kindly enough to donate the money, let me know if I need to set up a PayPal account.

And now I was going to post a link to a video where object became visible on NASA's high frequency cameras, but all the NASA videos I uploaded to putfile has been removed!
(looks like someone don't like them beeing on the net...)
media.putfile.com...
It's just gone, and I know it's not because of inactivity, because it had many thousands views.
Well, here it is, I uploaded it again:
media.putfile.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I believe many if not all of the UFOS termed as flying saucers today are invisible to the naked eye.
I believe a camera equipped to see uv outside the human eye spectrum would see a lot of traffic and people would be shocked at the sheer size of these things (some I believe could be miles long.)

If extraterrestrials are visiting us it would make sense that if they are observing us they would want to stay concealed.

Apparently the space shuttle uses such cameras and they seem to pick up hundreds of anomalies..oh but then again it's just ice sorry

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I will buy you whatever camera you need. U2U me all your bank details

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I thinked trappedsoul is on the right track how many skywatchers take cameras capable of detecting these things?

Maybe they have filmed areas where they are and not detected them because they are invisible to the naked eye and standard video cameras.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm not shure where I can buy it or what it costs yet, that page wasn't too friendly.

And i'm interested in others thoughts about this camera (the C8000-20 model), here is it's datasheet:
sales.hamamatsu.com...
Is this what I want or do someone recommend another camera?
(i'm not a camrea expert)

And Mcphisto, are you serious?

[edit on 2006/7/30 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto

I think Mcphisto was being sarcastic but Imay be wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
When in the forces we used to use IR equipment attached to the MILAN anti tank weapon. Whilst lying in the fields on sentry at night we would use it to view the terrain and sky and would not be suprised to see many light anomalies.

Also the basic Night vision goggles and scopes used in the British Army where abosolutley awesome at night. Ie look into the sky and dont see anything then turn your equipment on and look up again. It was out of this world with every star in the universe (It would seem) visible as clear as day due to the huge light ampiflication. Many times using these we would see light anomalies.

I think you have hit on a good idea so im gonna have a look into this myself

P.S. maybe ebay holds a decent piece of equipment at a fraction of the high street price

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by Mcphisto

I think Mcphisto was being sarcastic but Imay be wrong.

I was being tongue in cheek. Hope I didnt offend you mate, I think your on to something!

McP

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi.
I've had the same thoughts about this issue.
I also searched those sites where you find this very expensive cams etc..
But there is a cheaper way i think,.. take a look down here

A New Technology for UFO Hunting
How to create An Infrared UFO Video Camera

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
Hi.
I've had the same thoughts about this issue.
I also searched those sites where you find this very expensive cams etc..
But there is a cheaper way i think,.. take a look down here

A New Technology for UFO Hunting
How to create An Infrared UFO Video Camera

I think you would have more success with the U.V ones like on the space shuttle.

www.yorku.ca..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

As you can see from the image U.V is the opposite side of the spectrum to I.R.

A U.V. wave carries more energy.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i saw a video somewhere, about this, a guy was using a normal video camera in night mode, with some slight modifications. You see alsorts of stuff. Alot of it looked like living cells/objects.
I also saw a kids TV programme the other day, they used a normal home video camera to show the IR from a remote control, which I was really suprised about, I've just tried it with my digital stills camera, and even though it was designed as a still camera, in video mode you can clearly see the IR sender light up, which is not visible with the naked eye.
If anyone's interested I'll try and post the video somewhere of the remote IR and the other one if I can find it.

EDIT;
Righty, the first video is a trailer for a film 'UFO - The Greatest Movie Ever Denied' www.theufomovie.com. Also see www.abovetopsecret.com...

My little video can be seen at; smg.photobucket.com...

[edit on 30/7/2006 by Hyacinth]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Any links on how to modify the video camera to see IR as you posted

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So how does your camera pick up the IR? did you have to modify it at all?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I didn't need to modify my camera. Apparently most home video cameras are able to pickup the particular wavelength for infra red remotecontrols. But apparently professional tv/film cameras do not. The kids programme I saw showed both the camcorder and normal TV cameras side by side, with only the camcorder showing the IR light.

I was very amazed that my sony digital still camera could pick it up. (it's a Sony DSC-P200, just in normal video mode).

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thats pretty cool, my Nikon coolpix digital still camera pics it up in video mode

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Also have a look at this website, it explains how to get better results, especially for UFOs;
paranormal-investigation.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyacinth
I didn't need to modify my camera. Apparently most home video cameras are able to pickup the particular wavelength for infra red remotecontrols. But apparently professional tv/film cameras do not. The kids programme I saw showed both the camcorder and normal TV cameras side by side, with only the camcorder showing the IR light.

I was very amazed that my sony digital still camera could pick it up. (it's a Sony DSC-P200, just in normal video mode).

But does it pick up I.R. colours not visible to the naked eye?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hehe, my webcam can also see the infrared from my tv remote controll, but we really need better equipment.
What I mean with that is that they can not compete with the cameras I linked to, we should get some very good cameras if we want good results.

[edit on 2006/7/30 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't know, this is the first time I've tried it. I would think not.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is very interesting but I feel you would get much better results if you could see the U.V. invisible to the eye spectrum.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join