It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Haunted caught faking activity live on Camera!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Anyone still undecided about the authenticity of the UK's popular Living TV "ghost investigation" show should get ready to be convinced of its fraudulent activity.

Derek Acorah was caught faking names of supposed spirits in locations on more than one occasion, when other team members tricked Mr Acorah into using anagrams of fictional historic people that he then used on the TV show, while supposedly communicating with the spirits of the dead, and even calming to be possessed by the made up fictional characters used to trick Acorah into exposing his fraudulent mediumship abilities.

The two most famous anagrams used to trick Mr Acorah where Rik Eedles that translates to Derek Lies, and Kreed Kafer that also translates to Derek Faker, one would think that this would be enough to convince most if not all people of Derek Acorah’s true authenticity, but unbelievably people still refused to believe that Mr Acorah was a fraud, refusing to accept the evidence, and continuing on with the blind faith that is normally only seen in religious cults.

The Show Most Haunted soon distanced them selves from the supposed medium Derek Acorah soon after the fraudulent activity was made public, but since some new footage has come to light of more undisputable fraud on the show, this time not from one of the shows mediums, but from the shows presenter Yvette Fielding, who has on a number of occasions along with other members of the Most Haunted team stressed that she or the show does not fake things, or do anything like that.

The footage shows Yvette making a breathing noise when the camera starts to pan around, then someone saying “what’s that noise“, then Yvette says "what noise? Like a moan?"

The look on Yvette’s face when she realises the camera had not panned away says it all. And the excuse can not be used that she was breathing in reaction to a noise, because when the guy says "What is that noise?" she says "What noise?"

See the footage
HERE

Here is more footage of suspicious activity where Yvette is caught pushing the glass in a Ouija experiment.

Glass pushing footage HERE

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Most Haunted Exposed!

It's a real drag that they are so fake. While you are at it check out the 2nd link there if you need a good laugh.

[edit on 6/24/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faeden

The footage shows Yvette making a breathing noise when the camera starts to pan around, then someone saying “what’s that noise“, then Yvette says "what noise? Like a moan?"

The look on Yvette’s face when she realises the camera had not panned away says it all. And the excuse can not be used that she was breathing in reaction to a noise, because when the guy says "What is that noise?" she says "What noise?"

See the footage
HERE

Here is more footage of suspicious activity where Yvette is caught pushing the glass in a Ouija experiment.

Glass pushing footage HERE

Clearly Busted. Everyone should have already known that entire programme is Horse Radish, though. I'm the King of wishful thinking. That show probably has millions of viewers in this stupid country who tune in every week, and they love every second of it. It's like Eastenders, or Abomination Street, but 'real,' and with Ghostlings. 'Hooray.'

Someone please kill me.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It really does not surprise me to discover that they were faking it. I have occasionally watched those haunted programs on TV, and frankly, I was impressed with none. They seemed overhyped and the reactions planned. Plus, the use of mediums and channelers to "contact" the spirits certainly doesnt help the credibility.

There are a number of shows that claim to record paranormal activity, and I haven't seen a one that has provided anything but entertainment for the guillable.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Most Haunted is a laugh, however I'm still hooked to TAPS and think they are by far doing the best of making ghost hunting both entertaining and serious in the scientific sense.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Most Haunted is a laugh, however I'm still hooked to TAPS and think they are by far doing the best of making ghost hunting both entertaining and serious in the scientific sense.

Worldwatcher, are you suprised it's a fake? is it a shock to anybody? who thought Most Haunted was real?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No I'm not surprised. I caught bits and pieces of a few episodes of the Most Haunted Show and well it was fairly obvious that they relied more on us believing what they percieved instead of showing us...while on the other hand a show like TAPS I think tries to give you a bit of both. There is debunking involving first then the "evidence" is left upon the viewer. But you got to give all these guys a chance at least to hopefully make a serious attempt to prove the paranormal without scoffing instantly at the whole subject.

[edit on 6-24-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have to agree with worldwatcher, I think TAPS does a pretty good job. I like the fact that they have a skeptic on board with them.( the big guy Jason i think?)

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've been catching this show on TV a lot recently. From the first episode I saw, the impression that guy Derek gave me was that of a scam artist.

Then I saw an episode where he was supposedly being posessed or something...

Smells like BS, but I let it slide and kept watching.

Then in another episode, he supposedly gets knocked off a chair. So... two times now that Derek is the target of some supernatural force. In that same episode, they were moving a shot glass on a table. To me, it looked like he was moving the glass as well.

Then there was that one episode where he made a hasty retreat...

I like that other haunting show thats been on recently, the one that tells stories of homeowners who'd lived it. I pretty much stopped watching Most Haunted a while ago.

(How come EVERY time they ask for a sign, they get a something in response? Never worked for me...)

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Also check out the full uncensored Mary Loves Dick scene, where it shows there reactions after the cameras shut of to the public.

Mary Loves Dick

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
These are the days of 'instant' : instant fast food, instant gratification via credit cards; instant entertainment via tv, dvd, mp3, radio etc; instant relocation via jet; instant romance via the net; instant communication via 'phone, text, online chat; instant fantasy via Disneyworld etc.

People who've grown up in a world of instant gratification quite logically expect and demand instant proof of the paranormal and of course tv audiences = profit = an attempt to provide that instant proof (or something resembling it) OF the paranormal.

But spirits operate in a dimension of their own and to their own timetable. They are not beholden to tv-producers, tv-audiences or anyone else .... and they're giving us that message.

Audiences of tv-paranormal shows are not necessarily 'gullible'. They've most of them heard from members of family or friends about genuine (or genuinely-believed) paranormal experiences and they'd like to see some evidence for themselves. They may have had a paranormal experience of their own and would like to see it independently confirmed. So they watch these shows in the hope of gaining confirmation and/or proof of either their own or other's experiences.

The producers and presenters of tv-paranormal shows may have personally experienced the paranormal. These people are not all fakes, all of the time. However, they're paid to deliver the goods, even when spirits etc. refuse to co-operate.

Many famous and respected people have claimed they experienced paranormal-type events. Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Carter, General Patton, Churchill, Dowding, several British Prime Ministers and reknowned scientists, etc. Why would they lie? What did they stand to gain from their revelations? Clearly, they stood to lose a great deal instead.

Many of our grandparents, parents, siblings, friends, teachers, colleagues, family members, neighbours, etc. may have recounted their paranormal experiences to us. Were they lying? Why? Do they usually lie to us? If our parents or grandparents or best friends give us advice, do we usually trust their advice? Why then would we believe they lie to us ONLY about their paranormal experiences?

If our grandfather has told us that when he was 21 he was visited by the ghost of his own father, would we expect him to be able to produce that ghost for us at a minute's notice while we snacked before the tv screen? Do spirits have nothing better to do with their time than hang around ready to 'perform' in order to prove their existence?

Tv-producers and presenters are confronted by the need to 'produce something' for fickle tv-audiences, so they are compelled to improvise. And often they are caught out doing just that.

One one side we have those determined to destroy religious beliefs in order to usher in a New World Order. A way of separating people from their religious beliefs is to first encourage them to embrace a no-borders paranormal then widen the crack. So there's lots of funding out there for paranormal-type movies and tv shows.

On the other side is organised religion which stands to lose a lot of 'customers' to the paranormal (and NWO agendas) and which has traditionally forbidden and/or warned against involvement in the paranormal.

Another influential player is the scientific establishment which often has a foot in both camps but which still has a large contingent determined to discredit the paranormal (Susan Blackmore for example).

Now, amongst all those connected with the making of tv-paranormal type shows, there may be several from each of the above camps -- working as camera-men, writers, producers, publishers, etc. Given the opportunity, they might choose to either invent evidence ... or expose fakery.

Main thing to remember is that these shows are primarily entertainment. All the money in the world will not persuade a spirit to 'perform' on cue.

What these tv shows attempt to do is show what MAY occur (groans, shadowy movement, full-colour manifestation, objects moving, etc) ' IF ' we were present at a REAL, spontaneous, paranormal event.

We don't expect actors in war-movies to really be hit by real bullets, bleed real blood and really die and we shouldn't expect real spirits to prance around in tv-paranormal shows.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i have to admit that i am one of the sad people who went to see derek live i also have to say it was a birthday present from my daughter, but after watching him for a very very long 2 hours, i would of rather sat in a middle of a feild in the pouring rain watching the grass grow. How ever i do watch most haunted which is about to start just to watch stuart freak out. I will be looking out for stage props!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm still hooked to TAPS

Yep .. when they aren't busting Brian for everything.
They sure pick on him.

TAPS note - I still believe that short 'ghost' they got
on film behind that pool table back in October was FAKE.
So was the black phantom thing at Eastern State Penn.
Other than those ... good stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I always had a feeling that the Most Haunted team got WAY too lucky WAY too often; watching last night's episode just confirmed it further. Anyone who takes part in genuine ghost-hunting knows that even so much as catching an orb in a photo is a big deal. What I find REALLY ridiculous is how Derek supposedly communicates to the spirit world by one little spirit boy that seemingly follows him wherever he goes.
We are not fooled that easily. It also makes one wonder why they do the table-tipping so often. Probably because it's such an easy thing to fake.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi Wizzy,

Stuart is one of the worst fakes of the lot, he was caught throwing a glass on a Ouija session on a live Most haunted, when they where down a mine, he did not see the camera still looking at him when he smashed the glass, after he realised he had been caught he said "I don’t know what happened, I just felt really angry and wanted to smash something" Yeah right, and I am a cactus.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yggdrasil
I always had a feeling that the Most Haunted team got WAY too lucky WAY too often; watching last night's episode just confirmed it further. Anyone who takes part in genuine ghost-hunting knows that even so much as catching an orb in a photo is a big deal. What I find REALLY ridiculous is how Derek supposedly communicates to the spirit world by one little spirit boy that seemingly follows him wherever he goes.
We are not fooled that easily. It also makes one wonder why they do the table-tipping so often. Probably because it's such an easy thing to fake.

Yep, I have been on many serious investigations, and it shows you that Most Haunted is fake, things happen very few and far between, and even when they do it can often be found to be natural in origin.

Spirits as Dock also said are even less likely to appear when cameras are about, and even more less likely when ordered like circus freaks, so Most Haunted is without a doubt faking things constantly.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Many famous and respected people have claimed they experienced paranormal-type events. Abraham Lincoln, Jimmy Carter, General Patton, Churchill, Dowding, several British Prime Ministers and reknowned scientists, etc. Why would they lie? What did they stand to gain from their revelations? Clearly, they stood to lose a great deal instead.

Many of our grandparents, parents, siblings, friends, teachers, colleagues, family members, neighbours, etc. may have recounted their paranormal experiences to us. Were they lying? Why? Do they usually lie to us? If our parents or grandparents or best friends give us advice, do we usually trust their advice? Why then would we believe they lie to us ONLY about their paranormal experiences?

If our grandfather has told us that when he was 21 he was visited by the ghost of his own father, would we expect him to be able to produce that ghost for us at a minute's notice while we snacked before the tv screen? Do spirits have nothing better to do with their time than hang around ready to 'perform' in order to prove their existence?

Of course they are not all lying, what makes you say this? This isn't a thread about whether or not Paranormal Phenomena actually exists or not. It's a thread about one of these archaic Ghost shows blatantly faking 'activity'. I didn't see anyone here actually doubt Paranormal activity in general.

Tv-producers and presenters are confronted by the need to 'produce something' for fickle tv-audiences, so they are compelled to improvise. And often they are caught out doing just that.

Yeah, that's what this thread is about. I remember watching one of these stupid things about 10 years ago, called Ghostwatch. It was just as pathetic as these things they put on today.

Main thing to remember is that these shows are primarily entertainment. All the money in the world will not persuade a spirit to 'perform' on cue.

What these tv shows attempt to do is show what MAY occur (groans, shadowy movement, full-colour manifestation, objects moving, etc) ' IF ' we were present at a REAL, spontaneous, paranormal event.

That sounds like some kind of defence for these Hoax Merchants. Don't ever defend these people (TMH). They (TMH) didn't present their Crap as 'this is what MAY occur 'IF' we were present at a real event'. They tried to present it as the truth... as actual events that happened. I don't understand your defence of any of this. You must have missed this clip.

Paranormal Phenomena is real, but 90+ per Cent of these TV 'mediums' or whatever else, aren't. End of Story.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

TAPS note - I still believe that short 'ghost' they got

I will let you know! I am doing an off camera investigation with them in Nov. It won't be for the camera's so I should be able to get a good feel if what we see on TV is what we are really getting from these guys. I love the show Ghost Hunters so we will see.
On note of Most Haunted I actually liked that show too, although Derek despite being outted as a fraud was a bit much for me. But the show was good! Shame it's a sham.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well this is a really childish spoof of Most Haunted, but it had me in stiches. Part 3 is the best one:

www.mostfarted.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hi all

Anyone watch the live show last night? i took into account what Faeden said about stuart and watched with interest, he said that his walky talky was being pulled when the camera was put on to his belt his hand was just about to make it move, but then he changed his mind and held the wire instead, Also David Wells had a funny turn of want of a better word and grabbed the camera.

Although i have the deepest respect for the paranormal, i do think that the most haunted team do take the p--- out of intelligent and pray on the vunerable any one agree?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join