It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory - Time/Earth/Life - Long Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Please take your time to read this, it is only a theory but i strongly believe it has credibility. I haven't found this through research, it's all purely what I believe. Apologies for such a long post!

Time doesn't exist, only here on earth. It is measured by the revolutions of the planet. Therefore, in deep space, there is nothing to measure the time and even if there was, it wouldn't be the same as here on earth. On other planets where there is life, time would be measured differently according to the mechanics of that specific planet. So if a planet that supported life was discovered 10million light years away, we might only be 5million L/yrs away from the other planets perception. So it would take twice as long for us to reach them as it would for them to reach us right? However this would make no difference to us because it would be measured by our time. If you take time out of the equation we could theoretically arrive in 'no time' whichever method we used to get there. This wouldnt mean we could get there instantly, just that there was no time to be measured during the journey.

From this, I have thought that maybe if time doesn't exist in space, then the age of the universe is not 'however many' billions of years old but either infinitely long or an infinitely short snapshot or a pause where time stands still in which we exist. This could mean that the world we live in is living in this timeless vacuum with no beginning and no end, just the present.

We measure space distance in light years, how far light travels in a year. Away from the restrictions of time, could there be some other way of getting to the places where ET life exists without the necessity of time travel?

Ive posted a thread before, but i cant find it, on the theory of life on this planet. I believe that the universe has always existed and always will exist in an infinite loop. Life on Earth has come from other parts of the universe where life was forced away from its habitat in the same way that humans will at some point. Theyre not all from the same planet either and have brought whole ecosystems with them due to the need for food and reproduction of plant life. This explains the diversity of life on the planet.

Humans have become the most dominant race on the planet and are so naive that they believe that the diversity of life is down to a divine being or evolution (no offence to religious people). Neanderthals were another type of human life from a different planet to our species. We are the more dominant and killed them off becaue we couldnt live together. We didnt evolve from them. Species that have become extinct on earth have died off because they are unable to survive in earths conditions. Some have been purposely wiped out to make way for new species, as in the case of the dinosours. They were destroyed by nuclear blast which was followed by a nuclear winter. As the ice age thawed, new and existing species (including humans) were able to thrive without the threat of dinosours, which had become the most dominant and life threatening race on Earth.

Hopefully, someday, we will work out the true timeline of our background and realise before we are wiped out in the same way to make way for a new race. The human population needs to pull together to find a way to get to other habitable planets and stop wasting time and money fighting amongst eachother before its too late.

Religion restricts our mind's potential and without it, we would be free to work out the truth. Science speculates and makes assumptions based on what is already known. This leads people into a false sense of their surroundings. The truth really IS out there but we need to open up our eyes and minds and start looking for it and not going along with what we already know.

Fiftyfifty

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We dont know what happened to the Neanderthals, exactly. We only know they died out. Chances are equally high we assimilated them into our own species: In fact such examples has been found.

I dont really buy the "wipe these out to make this come to power" argument either. Its worldwide cataclysm, plain and simple. We are threatened from so many directions you'd be afraid to be alive if you thought about them all. We wont be wiped out to make way for another race. We'll simply be wiped out.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Humans have become the most dominant race on the planet [...]

I don't know how "dominant" we are. We're relatively good at organizing and making some small changes to the surface of the Earth. But we're certainly not the most numerous species. And we're nowhere near being the toughest species. We're pretty good at building houses, but if the sun hit us with a strong flare, we'd all be dead meat, while there would be plenty of other little critters living in the ocean or deep in rocks that could easily survive. So a lot of good all of our fancy-schmancy intelligence will do us if something really bad happens. Sometimes a nice, hard exoskeleton trumps a big brain.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

With the combination of being the only highly developed, sentinent beings on the planet while also not particularly suited to the environment, how one can say we evolved from rock pools is beyond me.

This notion if anything strengthens the theory that homosapiens did not originate from this planet.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by kolo_heights]

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't know how "dominant" we are. We're relatively good at organizing and making some small changes to the surface of the Earth. But we're certainly not the most numerous species. And we're nowhere near being the toughest species. We're pretty good at building houses, but if the sun hit us with a strong flare, we'd all be dead meat, while there would be plenty of other little critters living in the ocean or deep in rocks that could easily survive. So a lot of good all of our fancy-schmancy intelligence will do us if something really bad happens. Sometimes a nice, hard exoskeleton trumps a big brain.

I agree that we are not that toughest on this planet but we are the most dangerous considering our ability to produce weapons and ability to kill practically anything. I also agree that we would not survive many of the things that mother nature throws a us, if anything this backs up me saying we need to start looking beyond what we already know in order to survive.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
With the combination of being the only highly developed, sentinent beings on the planet while also not particularly suited to the environment, how one can say we evolved from rock pools is beyond me.

This notion if anything strengthens the theory that homosapiens did not originate from this planet.

So the aliens placed a bunch of hominid species on the planet and buried thousands of million year old skeletons just to preserve the illusion?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

So the aliens placed a bunch of hominid species on the planet and buried thousands of million year old skeletons just to preserve the illusion?

I think you're missing the point, what we're trying to say (or at least what I mean) is that the homo-sapiens NOT 'the aliens' originated on another planet and were probably forced to look elsewhere. They came here and because it is such a life supporting planet, others had already found it meaning that life had been abundant here even before we came. Neanderthals for example may have already been here.

The fact that skeletons have been buried is not to create any sort of illusion, they are there for the reason we know, because things have died and been buried over time

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Then how do you explain shared genes?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
maybe its common in all human forms

top topics

join