It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead: Most Wanted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh no, Zarqawi is dead!!?? How will Agarn and O'Rourke keep the troops in place and make illicit profits from the war now?

Oh wait.. wrong show.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It's good thing he was removed, but it won't stop the violence.

New martyr, possible.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My only hope is that with Osama's number two guy gone ( and seemingly his most poductive outlet) this has a serious impact to the future plans of Osama.

Any chance? Or is there just another waiting in line to continue where Zawahari left off? Is there any chance now of finding Osama with this one out of the way? Is it worth the chance? I am curious to see what if any backlash this causes, as that should hopefully be an indication of whether or not we can go for the top guy now, and put an end to this end of the extremist cause. (It's my personal opinion we have purposely not gottne Osama yet do to the possible backlash. Does this diffuse that at all?)

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
hmm ok so let's say they nailed him. Well good for morale and PR purposes. Thing is though, they need a name for a badguy(besides OBL who's getting boring to use). Someone to give a face to the faceless enemy of the insurgents. Someone to kill/capture later to inject a small amount of hope and support in the cause?

I say three weeks tops before we have a new posterboy for "the enemy".
Anyone think quicker than that?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
But, But - who will Terrorize the World Now?

I am dissapointed at this ending of Season 3.

The Screenplay is TERRIBLE!

Tell that to the Producers!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clownface

I say three weeks tops before we have a new posterboy for "the enemy".
Anyone think quicker than that?

Okay, let's have some guesses. Who is in line to fill his shoes. Who has the resources and connections.

CX

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
A good point made on Fox just now, they are showing the video of the air strike site where Zarqawi was killed. There are civillians climbing all over it, taking whatever they want. I know it's been a day since this happened, but theres a ton of rubble there, are'nt the intelligence services interested in cordoning it off and going through that wreckage with a fine tooth comb? Or is just a body good enough?

CX.

[edit on 8/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I believe Zarqawi was a real honest to goodness oxygen sucking muslim, and I believe he is dead, and I am happy he is dead

May the U.S. troops have many, many, more opportunities to kill these scumbags!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is like bad episode of the bold and beautiful, Zawahri has been killed off like 6 times already
. Whats the bet Ben Laden makes a return and they find out that it was one of Sadam's sons killed instead of Zawahri, then we find out that Ben Laden and Zawahri are long lost brothers and Sadam's there long lost father. DOES THIS SOUND STUPID ?. NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE B.S WAR ON TERROR

[edit on 8-6-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Before this thread goes any further, prudence dictates the differentiation between two individuals here.....

ZARQAWI

ZAWAHIRI

these are two distinct individuals, ZARQAWI is the one who is being reported as DEAD.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Interesting to note further that "Mr Maliki said intelligence from Iraqi people had helped track down Zarqawi, who had a $25m (£13m) price on his head - the same bounty as that offered by the US for Bin Laden." "What happened today is a result of co-operation for which we have been asking from our masses and the citizens of our country," he said.

edit to add source...BBC

These quotes run counter to the notion the Iraqi masses are opposed to the current Iraqi government, that the Iraqi citizens despise the U.S., in fact, this type of cooperation is extremely risky for the common citizen in Iraq and is indicitive of a desire of the people to be done with this so called "insurgency".

[edit on 8-6-2006 by smokenmirrors]

mod edit: fixed link

[edit on 8-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If anybody has read my previous posts, you'll know that I'm always on the home side of skeptical as far as many conspiracies go.

There's just something that smells fishy here.

One of my thoughts on this, as I was brushing my teeth was "Yeah, this is how they should have done things in Mogadishu! Leveled off that 'important meeting' instead of trying to arrest the warlord and bring him back to justice...
..but wait, why didn't they try that in this instance? In Mogadishu, the entire section of the city was against the Americans, and they still sent in Delta to try and grab prisoners. In Iraq, the terrorists, even the leaders, are continually on the run. They are the fugitives, and would certainly not have hundreds of thousands of citizens fighting for them on the way out. SO why not try to capture Zarqawi? Why level the entire building to fist-sized rubble?"

I don't know. SOmething about this. The timings, the subject, the frankness of W's speech this morning...

It's early. I have to get to work.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Okay, let's have some guesses. Who is in line to fill his shoes. Who has the resources and connections.

Abou Abdelrahman al-Iraqi is my guess based on
this link..

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Call it paranoia, but I would watch the World Cup Football being hosted in Germany with great interest.

If ever an opportunity presented itself for revenge attacks for the death of Zawahri, this would be the perfect world stage to do so.

Reported to be watched by almost 1 billion people world wide, and a reported attendance of over a million people during the games, it would have to rate a number one target for revenge type attacks.

I truely hope this is NOT the case, as World Cup Football is one sport that involves MANY countries that are not necessarily on friendly political terms, ie. Iran ....

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Al Qaeda in Iraq pledged to continue fighting.

"We tell our prince, Sheikh bin Laden, your soldiers in al Qaeda in Iraq will continue along the same path that you set out for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi," said a statement on an Islamist Web site.

Link

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I have a lot of questions!!!

And I have all the answers you need. Come .. sit by my side and
I will enlighten you!
ha ha ha ha

Seriously dg. Yes, the guy existed. But he's been 'dead' a bunch
of times. IF they have a DNA matchup then I'll believe it. Otherwise
I am not holding my breath. Hopefully he's dead and that he's already
burning in hell where he belongs.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clownface
Abou Abdelrahman al-Iraqi is my guess based on
this link..

Hi clownface, you know what on your link i saw another link which is this.

Now they talk about his last video was a BIG mistake, as they managed to track down the exact spot where he filmed it.

I know obl does put a white sheet up sometimes but not always.
If they are that good at tracking people down why cant they get obl.?

adnki.com

Baghdad, 8 June (AKI) -The last video portraying Abu Musab al-Zarqawi released worldwide was a fatal mistake for the most wanted insurgent in Iraq killed in a US air raid late on Wednesday, analysts say. Italy's military intelligence services SISMI first discovered the video on the internet on 25 April and analysed it along with their US and Arab counterparts. Iraqi analysts told Dubai-based satellite television al-Arabiya on Thursday that the video - in which Jordanian-born Zarqawi appears as he fires a kalashnikov rifle in a desert area along with some aides - enabled intelligence services to identify the area where he was hiding.

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **All Members Read**

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is great news. Congrats.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The world’s finest military took an AQ bases loaded, 3-2 fastball OUT OF THE PARK. This is simply fantastic news!

Well AQ web sites are confirming his death, so I guess AQ is also part of the great Bush-NWO-Trilateral Commission-Reptilians-Grays-Reverse Vampires-Rand Corp.-Opus dei-Hitler-clones conspiracy.

You conspiracy types remind me of Ptolemaic astronomers, who had to construct ever more complicate model of the universe so that it would be consistent with their observations.

Whom do you think William of Ockham would be more likey to agree with? You: who’s model of the world requires an ever more elaborate Rube Goldberg conspiracy contraption involving thousands (more?) of people all of whom keep the secret OR me: who’s model involves a terrorist organization that declared war on America and seeks out her destruction?

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Number23]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
From what I understand it was two 500 lb. laser guided bombs, with a Special Forces team spotting, that did the job. As for not trying to capture him, I think that they learned their lessons after capturing Sadam. Now what needs to be done is to wait until AlQuida names a successor and then eliminate him as soon as possible. Make being named the leader extremely hazardous to his health.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join