It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead: Most Wanted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Reports over world news and posting on various medias this moment, unconfirmed reports of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi dead in a bombing performed in Iraq.

If this is true it would be a major strike. That is if Abu Musab al-Zarqawi really exists as we know it.

This is on world news and breaking reports.

[edit on 6/8/2006 by infinite8]

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 8-6-2006 by kinglizard]

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
What kinda bomb ? did we do it or allies ? Try and say his name fast 10 times.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
From what I understand it was U.S. Special Forces. I didn't hear anything about a bomb, though it very well could have been.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Do you have a link to any of those sources so I can look it up, OH WAIT ITS ON MSNBC!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
MSNBC has it on and so does CNN International, fox news dosent have it on yet. Regular ABC has it on now as well...

[edit on 8-6-2006 by ProjectX1986]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Zawahiri or Zarqawi?

Sky news is reporting it's Zarqawi, the already-dead more than once, one legged teleporter who has been flitting around the ME for the last couple of years and took over the "most wanted" mantle from Osama Bin Hiding

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
*dances in the street and fires my M-16 in the air*

First Id like to say.....

Praise be upon christ, praise him....praise be on the USA.....

ANOTHER ONE BACK TO ALLAH!!!!!

a major blow to the insurgency and a major victory to coalition forces....

OH BTW...it was zarqawi....

[edit on 8-6-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
hopefully this is fully legit, we've been hearing this on and off for the last few months but nothing this big with press conference and all, I hope they bring out the morgue pics like they did with saddam's sons cuz I dont think too many people are going to buy it unless they see it, (maybe not even after that, specially in that part of the world)

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Zarqawi

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced on Thursday that al Qaeda leader in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had been killed, state television reported.

In Washington, ABC News reported that a U.S. air attack on a Baghdad house has killed Zarqawi. "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been killed in Baghdad during a bombing raid," ABC said.

hope they are sure this time cause:

Al-Zarqawi has proved to be slippery prey.

In November 2004, U.S.-led troops raided the insurgent stronghold of Falluja, only to find that many insurgent leaders, perhaps even al-Zarqawi, had bolted before the attacks.

In February 2005, U.S. troops received a tip that al-Zarqawi might be heading to a meeting in Ramadi, west of Falluja. Although his vehicle was under surveillance by a Predator spy plane, and checkpoints were set up, the vehicle eluded them, and the militant escaped.

In April 2005, U.S. troops raided a hospital in Ramadi in the hope of capturing al-Zarqawi -- but struck out. "He was taken to a hospital. When we got the news, we rushed there, but he was out of there," said Iraqi Lt. Gen. Nasser Abadi months later.

In December 2005, Hussain Kamal, Iraq's deputy minister of interior, admitted that Iraqi security forces had al-Zarqawi in custody in 2004, but released him because they didn't know who he was.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
fox news said they had genetically ID him from family samples

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
He has died about 12 times now.

Ho hum.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Positive facial ID and genetic ID,

We can only hope it was as slow and painful of a death that an airstrike can bring.

*Organises party*

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Its amazing, because I was never even really sure that this man or media man was actually even real.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
on one side they have made a martyer out of him meaning his people with have a cause to fight on against US and co occupation.

one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
the second guy from the top?... correct?

d1k

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
These guys are in for a rude awakening when they get to hell, killing all the people they did in the name of god then ending up downstairs.

These guys think they are getting tortured by watching people stand on the Turan (sp?) and getting put in naked human pyramids. Wait till the big guy down stairs gets a hold of em.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
How do we know its true? How do we know its him? Was he real in the first place?
I have a lot of questions!!!

I am not undermining what our military can do. I just think this was a rabbit someone pulled out of the hat to squash all the other problems with the military.

I do not believe or trust anyone anymore. Sorry- the government programmed me this way.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well, quite frankly, if we take the "show me the body then I will believe you charge" some people will say the body is fake. Can't please the most persistent skeptics with clear as day light evidence.

When just about every major news lead states that he's officially dead, and even a claimed genetic match is reached, I tend to believe

What is really so hard to believe? The most wanted man in Iraq is wandering a war torn country with a coalition lead by the United States whose objective is to kill you... will most likely be eliminated sooner than later.

Sure, Osama is running around, but I doubt Pakistan will allow us a "full militairized" search anytime soon.

d1k

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

How do we know its true? How do we know its him? Was he real in the first place?
I have a lot of questions!!!

I am not undermining what our military can do. I just think this was a rabbit someone pulled out of the hat to squash all the other problems with the military.

I do not believe or trust anyone anymore. Sorry- the government programmed me this way.

They said they confirmed it by finger prints, known scars and visual identification. But I hear where you are coming from.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The americans needed to fix their tarnished image in Iraq , after the scandals of the massacres caused by terrorist american soldiers , so they got rid of their tool Al Zarqawi (may God put him in the deepest pit of hell) to deceive the public opinion .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join