It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

communicating in a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This happened about 5 years ago, but I thought I'd share.

At the end of my senior year in high school, one of my friends was killed in a car accident. He was the only person I actually knew around my age that had died. It kind of freaked me out, the whole reality that it could happen to anybody, and that we are mortal. I had a dream a couple weeks after his funeral that he showed up at the place we were both employeed, gave me a hug, told me everything was alright and he was okay. It was so weird, it was the most real dream I've ever had.

About a year later, I told my mom about that dream. She didn't think I was crazy, she told me about a dream she had when her dad died. I'm not sure hold old she was, but I know she was already married to my dad at the time. Her family had a grain elavator that they owned and operated. Her dad died of a heart attack while at work (during harvest season, none the less, for those of you that are in farming communities, you know that's a hectic time). Anyways, my mom had a dream about him a few weeks after he died. In her dream, she was working at the grain elevator, and he came in, looking around, and said "well, looks like you're all doing pretty good here" and walked out. She said that dream was very real, just like I described my dream to her.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have had a similar experience the night of my grandmothers funeral when I was 13. She came to me in a dream and told me goodbye and to be a good girl, you know, normal things that a grandmother would say to her grandchild upon saying goodbye.

I have also had similar experiences with people who are still living. I would talk to one of my friends and then suddenly wake up. When I was talking to them, it seemed so real that when I woke up, I was very confused thinking "Wait a minute, how can I have been sleeping, I was just talking to my friend!"

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
While not occuring during a dream, my father shared a similar story about his paternal grandfather dying of Leukemia before I was born. He was driving home from College because his parents had called saying that his death was imminent. While driving he smelt pipe smoke, and his grandfathers brand at that in his car while driving. He got to the hospital and the family did not need to say anything....this was over 35 years ago and he still remembers it vividly.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hey, very interesting dream I've had a couple of similar experiences. After my great grandmother died I was having a hard time saying good bye. I had a very lucid dream one evening, it was me standing in the entrance way to her house just as I had done time and time before for my 20 years on this earth. Anyway I gave her a big hug and asked her how she was, she said that everything was ok and there was no need for me to worry. I knew something was up with this dream and it was extremely lucid I even asked her what it was like to die. She told me that when her spirit left she was carried to heaven in the bodies of love she had experienced all her life. Anyway once again we hugged and said our goodbyes and I left the house waved and left and woke up.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by CanadianConspirator]

HS

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The dreams about the departed........ah yes. You are in luck my friends. The appearance of the departed. You have encountered some living person who has taken on the guise of the memories of your dearly departed in your dreams. You are being related to by someone who wishes to give you comfort, not your dearly departed relation or friend. Remember the first time someone told you that wasn't really Santa Claus dressed in red with a white beard you just sat in the lap of? Well, think of me as that person. Believe or not, there are people out there who love you just as much as any friend or relative, you are in luck.

peace
Honor

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HS
The dreams about the departed........ah yes. You are in luck my friends. The appearance of the departed. You have encountered some living person who has taken on the guise of the memories of your dearly departed in your dreams. You are being related to by someone who wishes to give you comfort, not your dearly departed relation or friend. Remember the first time someone told you that wasn't really Santa Claus dressed in red with a white beard you just sat in the lap of? Well, think of me as that person. Believe or not, there are people out there who love you just as much as any friend or relative, you are in luck.

peace
Honor

I respect your opinion of course, but I don't agree. I think that our departed loved ones to communicate to us all the time, especially in dreams.

HS

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
that's okay obsidian, many deceived, few are chosen.

so the problem with thinking you communicate with the other side in dreams or awake is manifest......I respect the ignorance and superstition that comes with this belief, it is dangerous. it sets off black magic...
not to mention, how are you going to feel all day thinking about your mom you just dreamt of and something is different about her?

peace to the living
Honor Seed

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
HS for a new kid on the block you sure are great at making friends around here. Why don't you lighten up, you can share your views without personally chastizing the thread author.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think the idea of people still living going around and decieving people by entering their dreams and posing as their loved ones closer to black magic than the thought of your lost loved ones visiting you in a dream to say a final goobye.

Just because someone has a different opinion on a matter than you do, especially subjects like this where there is little tangible proof to support either side, does not mean that they are ignorant and decieved.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just happened to come upon this thread and decided to share...

A friend of mine passed away 2 years ago in a terrible car accident. He was only 20 and it was so sudden and unexpected that it really shook me up. The thought that any of my friends or family could just be taken away at any given time really got to me.

One night I had a dream that I floated into a place (I believe to be Heaven) to visit him but that I couldn't stay permanently. The place that I came to was a beautiful beach with the purest sand. The water was so clear and went on for miles. Beautiful large flowers were actually floating in the sea and the sky was clear blue. It was only me and him and I asked him if he was ok and how he was doing. He told me he was fine but that I couldn't stay. I was really upset when I went to leave, but he told me that if I wanted to, I could come and visit him anytime but I wasn't allowed to stay.

The dream was so real that I believe I actually visited him that night. I've had 2 other dreams that were as vivid as that one but in those I never met anyone form the other side, I just flew around a country side

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
For Pete's sake HS ground yourself. Please

I have two tales to share.
When Mom passed away, twenty years ago, I was fairly young and had to care for Dad. Both my parents where 45-51 years older than me.
Well I grieved, I wept, I was lost in self-pity. Until Mom one night very vividly came to me and demanded that I allowed her to pass on. She was angry.
So I let her go and had peace.

A year later Dad was hospitalized. One night I woke up over and´over again hearing a certain song loudly playing. The essence of the song was " We have been friends once and will be friends forever" ( Not English).
Finally the phone rang and I was asked to hurry to the hospital.
Dad died peacefully before I arrived.
He had tried to summon me.
Just a little tail.
WIS

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
the question is: is it our own brain's creation or is it real?

top topics

join