It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the possibility that this site is run by the government?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This is my sincere answer to you - NO! I would not state such, BUT I WOULD ALSO NOT SAY HE WASN'T. That's the important part here. I'm not going to lie to anybody about anything that is that important. You'd see me uncharacteristically "silent" on this matter if my husband worked for the government.

Hence an even deeper subversion, why would you risk another, ergo you would not post - ergo you WOULD post because you would not risk another if he truly was gov.

It's quite logical, subversivly.

So with that said about me...I'm telling you that I wouldn't state a lie about something this serious...because lying about that would hurt my fellow ATS members. And it WOULD hurt my fellow ATS members!

Well, since you would not lie about something this serious.

Do you not see the irony in your statement?

The phrase comes to mind ........... "I always tell the truth, even when I lie".

NN

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
They're in it for the money!.
:bnghd:

What money??? I get a shipment of bananas from MirthfulMe every month or so and actually this month's shipment hasn't arrived as of yet.

Show me the bananas

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

What money??? I get a shipment of bananas from MirthfulMe every month or so and actually this month's shipment hasn't arrived as of yet.

Show me the bananas

you devious harlot
thats whre my bannanas are disapearing to

mirthfullme promised me unlimited bananas in exchange for training his siminan super soldier ninja army

i want my bannanas -- NOW

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik

Do you not see the irony in your statement?

The phrase comes to mind ........... "I always tell the truth, even when I lie".

NN

No, I don't see the "irony" of my statement. In fact, I feel like quoting The Princess Bride...you keep using that word, but I don't think you really know what it means. Irony doesn't even apply - unless I'm lying...which I'm not, so my statement is devoid of irony. Your inability to accept it - that's where the irony can be found.

Here's the joy and freedom of telling the truth - once you've done it, it really doesn't bother you whether people are capable of accepting it or not, because whether they do or don't...it doesn't change the facts.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is like the 4th? odd thread that is about ATS being run by the goverment...look..... even IF Ats was controled by the goverment whos cares?? , so what is the goverment knows that we know paul macartny has died and been replaced or jhon lennon was killed by stephen king or how well DR love bowl movments are going
, so what .....do you care , i dont

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
No, I don't see the "irony" of my statement.

Nevermind

NN

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The posibility that this site was made by some goverment agency is about 5%
The posibility of this site being infiltrated by goverment agents is 100%
The posibility of this site being monitored by a govermental agency every day is 100%
The posibility of geting scared and backing down is 100% for some, 50% for others.
I bet it crossed every one's mind who is a member(exept the agents of course

) that this site has in fact infiltrated agents who monitor the site.

Good!!!! I say, maybe some of them will open up their minds and see the facts, in fact it's not the first time that agents from different agencies has leaked information because they have changed their mind and decided that it's the right thing to do it.
In fact the more agents we have here the more better it is, too bad they cant blow their cover but ohh well it will do.
The first people that we need to convince are the ones that can do something about it, NSA, and so on

[edit on 11-5-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What is the possibility that this site is run by the government?

None, imo. But there probably is more than a couple Gov't agents here, snooping as I write this reply. Building a database of all the anti-government posts, etc., etc.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
HEY!!

When's my income tax refund check arriving?

HELLO! Are you listening? I got a couple of bills I want to pay!

One more thing.....get those potholes fixed in front of my house!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Your benevolent government running this site? Come on now. How could that be?

On a related note (I'd post this as a new thread but don't know how and don't have time at the moment to figure it out):

There was an item on MSNBC today titled "Bush defends spying after database report - U.S. Security - MSNBC.com" which describes an NSA program designed to gather the records of all telephone calls made within the USA. AT&T, BellSouth, and Verizon have turned over their records of millions and millions of telephone calls to the NSA. The NSA examines who talks to whom in personal and business calls, whether local or long distance, by tracking which numbers are called, according to USA Today.

“It’s the largest database ever assembled in the world,” the paper quoted one source as saying. The agency’s goal is “to create a database of every call ever made” within U.S. borders, it said the source added. The NSA has “access to records of billions of domestic calls,” USA Today said. Although customers’ names and addresses are not being handed over, “the phone numbers the NSA collects can easily be cross-checked with other databases to obtain that information,” it said.

You can read the MSNBC article at:
msnbc.msn.com...

That's your benevolent government at work. You guys don't need privacy if you're behaving.

Back to the point. Nah, your well-intentioned government would never surreptitiously operate a site such as ATS.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The possibility exists.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It doesn't make sense for something like this website to be run by the government.

Why would they provide a place for alternate theories to be discussed? They've never been in the business of allowing free speech, and an open discussion of ideas would be counter-productive. Our government's strategy seems to be ignore disenting opinion, mock it and label it as extremism, and if all of that fails, simply shut it down.

That being said, I doubt that the website is completely free of governmental influence. I'm sure they monitor this website for content, and what's more, they probably have people adding their two cents to the debate, to confuse and throw things off. This can be easily observed in the 9/11 threads, where intelligent and calm debate is traded for sarcasm and shouting matches, where there is an unwillingness to accept the idea that the opposing views might have a point (and I feel this goes for both sides of the arguement). There is too much emotion involved, and not enough intellectual honesty.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It doesn't need to be run by the government to be controlled by the government, many members on this board work for the government and it is very easy to spot them.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Did YOU read it? For comprehension? Are you SURE?

Dude you're so 6 months ago.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The fact that the government is now spying on American Citizens scares the hell out of me. The fact that I'm afraid of my government is not good. The government should fear us - We the People. Our government is no longer for us, but against us. It's a rogue government and only a Revolution can stop it. Many people are realizing that we need a Revolution. It's coming.........................

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
MrPenny-- I can't stop laughing ..potholes..

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyscape
The fact that the government is now spying on American Citizens scares the hell out of me. The fact that I'm afraid of my government is not good. The government should fear us - We the People. Our government is no longer for us, but against us. It's a rogue government and only a Revolution can stop it. Many people are realizing that we need a Revolution. It's coming.........................

I'd agree with that statement...I too hope that it is coming, although with a certain degree of reserve - Revolutions are a plus....Being caught up in one though.....I don't know if that's my idea of a fun time....

So - Does that still make me and my fellow staff gov't spies?

Honestly....*sighs*

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley
And with NSA they could get everybody's name location and when the NWO goes down they know who's door to show up at to take them to a re-education centre.

So, I'll take this opportunity now to bid you goodbye, Mr Crowley, and good luck with that re-education.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
So - Does that still make me and my fellow staff gov't spies?

Honestly....*sighs*

...well...I for one want my big fat Govt paycheck if thats the case...

*walks down to mailbox, opens flap, closes flap and walks away in disgust*

...nope...no early retirement for me it seems...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

If I had a nickel for every single time some unimaginitie tinhead who does not understand the search function posted another "ATS is run by CIA with Taliban Illuminati drug money" or is a front for the NSA, I could buy my way into the NWO.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join