It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the possibility that this site is run by the government?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
As I see it, we can't trust anyone. I mean after all, if the mod of this forum REALLY looks like Jessica Alba? Come on, it's the internet. Deal with it.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley

Sorry that I offended you but there are still people on here who shouldn't put so much faith in the Bush Administration. Even if 9/11 really was an act of violence by a random terrorist organization Bush has proven to be untrustworthy in the years following 9/11.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

So your telling me how I should think now? How is that any different then the BAD "Government" you are espousing?

Trying to limit anyone's free speech or telling them what they should or should not think is the forefront of Fascism.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
9/11: A Boeing 757 Struck the Pentagon - Pro-official-story thread by Catherder, who clashed with staff when he had an ego blowout/tantrum over his thread and over the opposition to it's conclusion

I just wanted to clarify something.

This is something on ATS you really have to watch out for. Disinformation -- it comes not only from external sources but from within. The above statement is not only untrue it is a direct attempt by an ATS moderator to mislead you from the truth to benefit his or her own opinions about a topic (in this case the 757 thread).

In fact, CatHerder did not leave ATS over a dispute regarding anything he posted or anything to do with the 757 thread.

CatHerder left ATS because of the fallicious treatment of the Katrina Disaster by ATS staffers to create a new "conspiracy" environment where none existed. It was entirely an excercise in creating more traffic and advertising revenues for the ATS website by creating a sensationalized story over some photos to a Katrina disaster relief camp which they tried to tell you was some sort of a concentration camp (as time has proven, it was and still is a complete fabrication with not one single shred of evidence to support the original post or the entire thread). When CatHerder challenged the ATS staff on the vailidy of the whole idea of a Katrina Conspiracy he was called names both on the forum and in U2U's by ATS admin and ATS moderators and threatened. His response to this was to request his account be removed. He was not banned by anyone for any actions. Period.

It's all rather suprising considering the amount of traffic and exposure ATS got from the 757 thread you'd think CatHerder was one of the marketing people for ATS.

But, in essence, you're welcome here as long as you don't name call... but more importantly as long as you don't challenge anything ATS staff say or do because as they say "it's our home we can do whatever we like." (Which is completely accurate.)

I don't doubt this post will vanish from this thread shortly, that's just business as usual here. But perhaps one or two old readers will read this and learn that what wecomeinpeace stated above regarding CatHerder is a flat out lie.

Jagabot -- One who doesn't lie to get support on any subject.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Jagabot]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This site is run way too well, to be run by the government. If the government were running it, none of the functions would work. The pages wouldnt load. The smilies wouldnt work, the image codes wouldnt work either.

So, its not a government operation.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Let's keep it short and sweet:

If we are "government-run", why in the heck would we be telling people to think for themselves and not believe everything they hear? This place is for discussion of conspiracy, scandal and all other things that "don't seem right"; seems pretty neutral to me!

I can't see the logic behind it...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

If we are "government-run", why in the heck would we be telling people to think for themselves...............

That's part of the conspiracy you silly wabbit !!

NN

[edit on 21-6-2006 by NoNik]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

or THIS?!

or THIS?!

Doh!

If you spend any time here at all you will know these accusations are perpetuated by the envious, envious because they have an AGENDA that isn't selling well and we have REFUSED to allow them to try to sell it here.

I am NOT talking about the newer Member who brings the issue up here on the site I am talking about those who are usually quoted as "sources"
or those who have waxed on ad nauseam on there wee little "agenda sites" that get very little traffic and NO PLAY here. They get NO PLAY here because they are very one sided and usually nothing more than an advert to get us to buy their book or DVD...

We, the THREE AMIGOS, are NOT Government Agents, NONE of our Staff are Government Agents and this site is a PRIVATELY OWNED venture structured under the U.K. Limited Liability Partnership Laws.

Springer...

[edit on 6-21-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Like I said.... Why is Springer sooooooooo sexy???????

I think he just put you guys in your place and never even had to catch his breath

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This site is run way too well, to be run by the government. If the government were running it, none of the functions would work. The pages wouldnt load. The smilies wouldnt work, the image codes wouldnt work either.

So, its not a government operation.

I normally don't quote entire posts, but, for this one all I gotta say is,

Tell it, sista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you forgot to mention, fewer forums would be provided over time. The mods/staff ration would be like 1 mod for every 10 members, staff would have their own research teams, big expense accounts and we'd never be around here, except Tues, Wed and Thurs.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
quite likely in my opinion..perhaps not "run" per say but controled and steered.

fire away!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
< here we go AGAIN >

bottom line is , the burden of proof is on the POSITIVE claimant

in plain english -- if you want to dis the amigos - provide evidence for your claims or STFU

when flinging poo its far easier to throw it , than clean it off the target , as an example -- if someone started threads asking :

is it posible that ATS is run by the : alien space nazis

is it posible that ATS is run by the : mad monks of mombai ?

is it posible that ATS is run by the : league of unemployed tooth faries ?

etc etc etc --

would you expect the amigos to spend time and effort adressing every single unevidenced claim ??

if people insist on making these claims -- THEY have to supply evidence that thier claim is true . [ and so far -- i have seen zero evidence ]

untill they do its just poo flinging -- and all of the poo flingers that i have seen attacking this site have , as has been noted had had an adgenda . and book / dvd etc etc to sell .

my question is : why do people who fail to get the free lunch they want from ATS get such bad attacks of sour grapes ??

APE OUT

edits - spell checking

[edit on 22-6-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Civil Serpent

Originally posted by Census
quite likely in my opinion..perhaps not "run" per say but controled and steered.

My advice: just assume so.

It's more fun that way.

And since that would make me a government employee...

Next Window Please!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Even if this place were government-controlled, which it isn't, is that necessarily such a bad thing? I know a lot of people around here hate the government as an entity but some would be surprised at how complex it all really is. There isn't just the government that wants to shut everyone down. There are groups within the government who have more honorable purposes.

I've been to protests where self-proclaimed government officials handed out bumper-stickers etc. to distribute among everyone. Then again, that in itself sounds a tad suspicious...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

And since that would make me a government employee...

Well until I came to this board I never realized why my taxes are so high... now I see.... the government is responsible and controls EVERYTHING. That takes. a lot of money... no wonder they got their hands so deep in my pocket.

I just hope as a Civil Serpent you are getting all the benefits that my pocket pays for.

But seriously not all branches of the government are bad, and even if the gov was involved here, are you[the other participants] not getting your views out to the world? Are you not getting your moneys worth here?

But there is one absolute proof that tthis is NOT government run... No blacked out areas on any posts where "they " have sensored you. I have yet to see an gov. document on a sensitive subject without black ink "spilled" all over it

Keep up the good work all you over worked under paid and under appreciated Civil Serpents

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm not necessarily agreeing that this site is run by the Government, but I'm a bit perturbed that this thread has caused has caused such eye-rolling and ridicule.

It's a legitimate question. So he/she didn't use the search function? They thought they had a good idea for a thread and posted it. All this putting down sounds like rampant ATS snobbery to me.

I've never known the Mods to get so defensive! Got something to hide?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I recommend compiling a list of links to every thread this question has been asked and from now on when it is asked again, they get the list of links and the thread is closed.

Do a search, it's all been said before. I can't imagine why it may be annoying the people who run this board to have to keep addressing it, as oppossed to having something to hide.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Delta AlterI've never known the Mods to get so defensive! Got something to hide?

sir i suspect you confuse " denfensive " with exasperation and a futile sense of deja vue .

how many times would you brook the question with tolewrance and good humour , if random strangers kept demanding of you " have you stopped beating your wife yet ? " before you got ` defensive ` and possibly rude ?

see it from their side of the fence , please

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Actually it is Madam!

I'd like to hope that there is still Free Speech (to an extent) on this site, whereas an individual can post whatever they like, whenever they like.

You are not forced to reply, or could just simply post a link to a previous thread.

No need for ridicule and name calling. It doesn't fit with what this site is trying to acheive, the Denial of Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Personal I think the Moderators though frustrated are showing remarkable restraint and tolerance. I think I would have hit the delete button by now

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My answer to the thread started : Nope, I dont buy it. ATS is a long running site with a great community, lots of analytic minds at work.

But you can be sure with the wealth of information here and on other forums and some of the accusations made, these type of sites are activly monitored, and studied by (dis)information Agencies and prehaps even train agents here, ready to Confuse/Manipulate any important issues. Although with that said I do doubt very much that ATS forums are high priority.

Seriousy I wonder how many different The George Bush Center for Intelligence type agencies have fulltime employed staff who are trained and paid well to do this. The type of people who have the time/resources/incentive..like a mod, (no I am not implying ATS mods are goverment agents heh, im sure the 3 omegos are very particular about there mods).

Btw, have any disinfo/goverment employees ever been hung strung and quartered here?

Also it is good to keep having these kinda threads, shows people are thinking for themselves

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join