It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran soon enough will supply Shahab ballistic missiles to Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Iran and Nigeria enjoy freindly militaray relationship and most work in missile projects together. As states Nigera will be buying iranian ballistic missiles (Shahab) which leaves in mind which one?, Shahab-3 or 4?.

Friday, March 24, 2006
Iran and Nigeria are continuing to discuss joint defense and military programs as part of bilateral cooperation launched in 2005.

Officials said this has included the prospect of Iranian arms sales to Nigeria, one of the biggest energy producers in Africa.

Officials said Nigeria has sought Iranian help in establishing a defense industry in the African state. They said Iran has already offered to send weapons technology and personnel to build defense factories.

Defense cooperation was formally launched when Iran and Nigeria signed a memorandum of understanding in June 2005, Middle East Newsline reported.
. The MoU was signed during a visit to Teheran by Nigerian Defense Minister Rabiu Kwankaso, who toured Iranian weapons production facilities.

Officials said Nigeria would seek Iranian help to produce light weapons, mortars and anti-tank missiles. They said in a later stage Iran could supply the African state with ballistic missiles.

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I thought weapons were suposed to go into Iran, given to them by other people not the other way around.

Concerned Citizen-"they are givin missiles to *snip* der derrrrr"

Mod Edit: I don't think that particular word was needed.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ignoring what could be taken as a potentially racist comment by some...

I have to ask why on earth Nigeria needs ballistic missiles. Generally speaking I though ballistic missiles were only useful if you wanted some first strike capability or wanted to be able to enter a state of MAD. And I'm pretty sure you don't get very cost effective results from either of those without a WMD mounted as a warhead.

But that's just my unprofessional opinion.

[edit on 3/30/2006 by cyberdude78]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The same reason why Algeria is buying 7 BILLION USD worth of military hardware from Russia? We have state of the art Su-30 MKIish a/c, MiG-29/35 SMTs, tanks etc.. etc...

7 BILLION US dollars?!! how/why/when/where what?!?!!

Note that the annual defense budget for last year was just over 1 billion USD.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
The same reason why Algeria is buying 7 BILLION USD worth of military hardware from Russia? We have state of the art Su-30 MKIish a/c, MiG-29/35 SMTs, tanks etc.. etc...

7 BILLION US dollars?!! how/why/when/where what?!?!!

Note that the annual defense budget for last year was just over 1 billion USD.

Daedalus can you explain to me whats the relationship between both Algeria and Nigeria?. Are the two countries enemy or had past wars before that i wasnt aware of?, thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
No no.. I don't think Algeria and Nigeria have animosity towards each other. Infact what I was trying to say was that Nigeria tryng to acquire ballistic missiles was as confusing as Algeria acquiring hi-tech military hardware.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
hi boys
i am joining this site for the first time.
here is a picture of shahabs missiles past.now.future
[img]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Interactives/News/International/Mideast/Iran_ballistic_missiles.jpg[img]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Persian Man
hi boys
i am joining this site for the first time.
here is a picture of shahabs missiles past.now.future
[img]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Interactives/News/International/Mideast/Iran_ballistic_missiles.jpg[img]

good to see more of my iranian brothers joining
. Stick around bro and get a chance to see how good this forum is. if you need other things i could help you with pm/U2U me.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Mehran]

top topics

join