It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Signals on Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I can't get my recorder to work but I will post the times
that we have heard and seen this:
4:40pm
4:50pm
5:00pm
5:10pm
5:16pm
5:26pm
6:45pm...
6:55pm...
6:04pm...
6:14pm...
6:21pm...
6:30pm...
6:40pm...
6:58pm...
7:08pm...
7:16pm...
7:25pm...
7:34pm...
I'm going to call my local Fox network and ask them if they are hearing this.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Are you hearing this on a set with a digital cable box?
What channel is Fox on in your area?

Is this a Fox affiliate channel or is this the Fox News Network?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm watching it on channel 37 the Fox News Network on cable.
There is a Fox channel here in Tampa , channel 14.
Yes, I have a digital cable box.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If the digital cable box has anything to do with these signals then why did the cable company hear the same thing I am and they are located 20 miles from my home.
Besides they said they are notifying the proper authorities about this.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
They may have a bad piece of equipment (node, amplifier, etc) between you and the head which is causing the intermittent signal. The bad equipment may be in the band range that FNN channel is aired over. Since the cable company is viewing it on the same channel they too as well as every other customer on that head end should be experiencing it. Ask a neighbor or close by friend.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lanotom,
I'll do that and let you know.
It sounds like you know what you're talking about and it seems that you are the only one on this website that is interested and I appreciate that.
Will you send me the link of the thread you made about this subject?
Thanks!
BTW, my husband says that it is Morris code that we are hearing.
Sorry if I spelled that wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm trying to set up my recorder on my computer because it is next to my tv.
I've been timeing this when it happens and there is a pattern.
Every 10 minutes I hear and see it on my tv.

I have a Rogers cable box, and i have been getting weird signals, sometimes sounds sound like they are in a pipe.
Then I get a 'spinning wheel' sound, sounds like something stuck on a wheel and it hits something to make a sound, it starts off slowly then speeds up then slows down again. I also am getting a beeeeee-yoooop sound almost like sci-fi movie type laser beams.
The picture also gets kind of blocky a skips around.

Any weird solar activity or stray gamma rays about?
I wonder.

Cug

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
here is some morse code at 13 words per minute

www.arrl.org...

You can hear the short dit sounds and the long dah sounds in that sample... did it sound like that?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Cug,
It sounds exactly like high pitch sounds but the other sounds are not in it.
I called my local Fox affiliate and they said the cable people lied to me .
It is a bad signal from a "satallite"?
Thats impossible because I don't have cable from a satellite.
The news anchor said he will check into it.
Why do I get the feeling that they don't want to tell me anything?
I am still hearing and seeing this on channel 37 Fox News Network in New York.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm a DirecTV guy, but in my bedroom I have Comcast. For the past couple of nights, at different times (mostly late, around midnight) the program I was watching would just freeze out of nowhere. There wasn't any sound or any beeping.

When I would flip through to other channels, they would be frozen as well. TNT, Fox News, History, CourTV, etc. The only channels that weren't frozen were the local ones, like the NBC, CBS, Fox, and ABC affiliates. I'm not sure why this has been happening but its really starting to irk me. It lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes. When it unfreezes, you miss whatever would have normally transpired during that time. I don't know if its my bad luck, but it seems to happen at the worst times for me (the most interesting parts of a tv show). Whatever the cause, I say DOWN WITH COMCAST!!!!

Cug

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Cug,
It sounds exactly like high pitch sounds but the other sounds are not in it.

OK so the odds are it's not morse code (Well unless they are sending a stream of "E's)

I called my local Fox affiliate and they said the cable people lied to me .
It is a bad signal from a "satallite"?
Thats impossible because I don't have cable from a satellite.

Yes you do
Your cable company gets the stations from a satellite and then sends it to you via the cable line.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yea I've been getting this a lot myself. I live in southern GA on comcast cable.

last night Fox was all scrambled making funky noises every now and then, then went to snow then back but very grainy, it has been fine most the day but every once in a while you can hear morse code it sounds like and the picture goes grainy.

I called comcast here also, they said they are looking into it. So I guess more people in my area called as well.

Weird stuff

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
not to sound smart or anything but could it be just local severe weather warnings? we get them all the time, that's the only thing I can make of it, is it possible the radio station is receiving the signals from satelite? they can be a bit funky at times too.

Just my 0.02 worth.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am on the West Coast and have not been hearing anything.. DirecTv...

I assume they only want to inform the east coast because they want to eliminate hollywood...

But really I would just change the channel

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just to add a little more information , I've been getting these same sounds and warning screens at a much higher rate as of the last 2 weeks. I live up in Michigan and have Comcast as well. They tend to come between 11:30 pm and 3:30 am , for me at least.

Ariakan

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
what could it possibly be....

could it really be a rarely used military communications channel seeping through to the broadcast?

we can't dismiss the possibility that we ARE getting a cryptic foreshock of some massive event, but.....

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I heard it, watching Fox in Australia, had to have a laugh at bill

It sounded like when you put a Mobile Phone next to a speaker....that's what I assumed it was, someone had a mobile phone somewhere....

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This sounds like a line disconnect when the picture freezes. If you disconnect your input line going to the digital reciever while viewing you will experience a freeze frame, this is just like when you are downloading a video via the net and the stream freezes. Could simply be maintence on the system that requires line breakage.

edit:
The reason you get the lower channels (local) is because the channels are not converted to digital until above channel 100. Channels below 100 are analog.

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I'm a DirecTV guy, but in my bedroom I have Comcast. For the past couple of nights, at different times (mostly late, around midnight) the program I was watching would just freeze out of nowhere. There wasn't any sound or any beeping.

When I would flip through to other channels, they would be frozen as well. TNT, Fox News, History, CourTV, etc. The only channels that weren't frozen were the local ones, like the NBC, CBS, Fox, and ABC affiliates. I'm not sure why this has been happening but its really starting to irk me. It lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes. When it unfreezes, you miss whatever would have normally transpired during that time. I don't know if its my bad luck, but it seems to happen at the worst times for me (the most interesting parts of a tv show). Whatever the cause, I say DOWN WITH COMCAST!!!!

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Lanotom]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I failed to mention I get this interference with my cable box at around 2:00 in the morning, which fits others time frame for this.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nobody has asked the obvious.... Why were you watching FOX NEWS?

Without any sort of proof like an audio clip.. how are we supposed to believe or know what it is?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join