It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fact is, Jesus is the prophesied Messiah

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sun Matrix:
How is it that you are exempt from providing facts despite requiring others to do so? Seems like a double standard to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

One of the downfalls of the Bible is that it provides so many opportunities to be proven wrong.

Well, I'm going to give you a chance to produce one of these many opportunities. I don't want a list of crap, just one of these many so called opportunities to prove the Bible wrong.

You have the whole Bible to pick from. What you got?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
Sun Matrix:
How is it that you are exempt from providing facts despite requiring others to do so? Seems like a double standard to me.

I'm not exempt. Better read everything again.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Once is enough for me. You seem to be confusing Bible passages with facts. One example, that I have brought up on previous threads is the 120 year age limit imposed on humans, yet many descendants of Noah up to Abraham are documented in the very same book as living for hundreds of years beyond this. In the guiness book of records there is even a documented case of a person living to 122 years. How's that?

[edit on 25/3/06 by mytym]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

One example, that I have brought up on previous threads is the 120 year age limit imposed on humans, yet many descendants of Noah up to Abraham are documented in the very same book as living for hundreds of years beyond this. In the guiness book of records there is even a documented case of a person living to 122 years. How's that?

God is not saying that man will only live to be 120 years old, he is saying that he will destroy man from the face of the earth in 120 years.

Next question..............

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. 5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

But Noah finds favor with God because he is righteous and he and his family are saved.

13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms F43 shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

You seem to be confusing Bible passages with facts.

You seem to be confused with the facts of Bible passages.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Sun Matrix:
Next question!? Where is the answer to this one? Why weren't the examples I mentioned destroyed from the face of the Earth in 120 years? I was talking about Noah's descendants, not Noah. The only possible answer that does not prove this area is false is that God was in some way incorrect, however I'm guessing that's not your take on it all?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I tire of hearing how the Bible is not accurate and has been changed. The facts say otherwise.

You have got to be kidding me right? The TRUTH is that the Bible is in a CONSTANT state of Change! Books put in - Books taken out - Passages Edited & Altered - Multiple Language Translations - Even an "Upgrading" from say "Ye Olde English" to "Modern English".

May I ask which one of the MANY different Versions/Editions of the Bible you are personally using?

It seems as if you are the one disregarding the "Facts" Sun Matrix - just because you dis-agree with them or you dis-like them!

Also may I ask have you attended any College/University level courses?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yesterday I was on a Christian chat room trying to figure out more about the bible and the belief's in it, I was rather shocked by all these people who claim to be Christian's actually didn't know much of their bible. It took one girl nearly an hour to find a verse I was talking about, she literally didn't think there was such a thing in there. Another guy put me on ignore because I was being an "idiot" for saying God accepted offerings in the OT, he said I knew nothing and that God was and always has been against such practices.

Guy's, if your going to claim to be knowledgable in your own faith, then please learn about it. The KJV is also probably one of the worst (mis)translations you can hold faith in. Learn the history behind this book.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n
Yesterday I was on a Christian chat room trying to figure out more about the bible and the belief's in it, I was rather shocked by all these people who claim to be Christian's actually didn't know much of their bible. It took one girl nearly an hour to find a verse I was talking about, she literally didn't think there was such a thing in there. Another guy put me on ignore because I was being an "idiot" for saying God accepted offerings in the OT, he said I knew nothing and that God was and always has been against such practices.

Guy's, if your going to claim to be knowledgable in your own faith, then please learn about it. The KJV is also probably one of the worst (mis)
translations you can hold faith in. Learn the history behind this book.

Ah, you have the method of the Matrix down. Feed truth, feed truth and then drop in the lie.

I find it amusing that in all of the prophecies about Jesus being the Messiah, the absolute best mistranslation that the Jewish writer, earlier in the thread, could come up with was, The King James translates the Hebrew to "will justify" and the expert says the proper translation should be "will make just." What can be done about this terrible tranlation problem? Please.........get the facts.

It's pretty obvious that you are not interested in the truth. :w:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It's pretty obvious that you are not interested in the truth.

"Do not judge lest you be judged ourselves. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it shall be measured to you,"

You have little, if any knowledge of my intrest's or what I seek. Your lack of knowledge would thus negate any preconception of what may appear to be obvious in your eye's. You really should take the time to learn about the many (mis)translation's of the various NT scripture's through out history, and why each (mis)translation was written. The history behind our beloved KJV is quiet interesting.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding me right? The TRUTH is that the Bible is in a CONSTANT state of Change! Books put in - Books taken out - Passages Edited & Altered - Multiple Language Translations - Even an "Upgrading" from say "Ye Olde English" to "Modern English".

Change by who? Best get your facts straight.

May I ask which one of the MANY different Versions/Editions of the Bible you are personally using?

ProtOn answered that for me. He saw what was coming and quickly tried to step in and discredit the truth. The Kings James Bible is the accutate translation of the original unaltered Hebrew text of the Torah. Do you think that the Jews are changing the Torah? Ask a Jew that follows the faith. He will tell you the truth. The dead sea scrolls will tell you. We have the accurate Hebrew text and translation. Same for the New Testament . The original Greek writing has been accurately translated. How can you have any power to overcome whatsoever if you can't believe the truth? Is is all in your own strength?

It seems as if you are the one disregarding the "Facts" Sun Matrix - just because you dis-agree with them or you dis-like them!

It may seem that way to you, but that is not the truth. I think you need to find out the truth. Who has changed the Bible, and why. Why is the King James not accutate? Search out the truth, it is there.

Also may I ask have you attended any College/University level courses?

I have completed my undergraduate studies at HSU. I'm sure you are aware that HSU is recognized the top school in the world on this subject.

I am fortunate enough to have a lifetime scholarship which I plan on using to continue my studies.

If you are interested in attending this school, let me know, as I have a little pull with the founders. The cost can seem quite high, but the rewards far outweigh the cost.

I might can get you a discount, but I'm not sure. Check out the school for yourself, I'm sure you will find it is head and shoulders above all others.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It's pretty obvious that you are not interested in the truth.

"Do not judge lest you be judged ourselves. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it shall be measured to you,"

You have little, if any knowledge of my intrest's or what I seek. Your lack of knowledge would thus negate any preconception of what may appear to be obvious in your eye's. You really should take the time to learn about the many (mis)translation's of the various NT scripture's through out history, and why each (mis)translation was written. The history behind our beloved KJV is quiet interesting.

I suggest you learn about the Matrix. It all started in Babylon and continues today.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sun,

You appear to be one of those two people I had trouble with yesterday. Proclaim so much more knowledge then I and yet show so little. Tell me Sun, which is the hebrew word for virgin and which word is used in the original hebrew version?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sun Matrix:
Credibility is lost by choosing to ignore areas that contradict your stance. I've held up my end of the bargain, all that is required is for you to hold up yours.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
Sun Matrix:
Credibility is lost by choosing to ignore areas that contradict your stance. I've held up my end of the bargain, all that is required is for you to hold up yours.

I will address any question. You had your answer right in front of your face. Your question was:

One example, that I have brought up on previous threads is the 120 year age limit imposed on humans, yet many descendants of Noah up to Abraham are documented in the very same book as living for hundreds of years beyond this. In the guiness book of records there is even a documented case of a person living to 122 years. How's that?

I very clearly showed you that God was not talking about man having a 120 year age limit, but that he was going to destroy all mankind in 120 years. Because Noah was righteous he and his family was spared.

You had your answer, the truth is there, but you don't want the truth. And that's a fact.

If I don't answer something, ask again and I will get to it. I can't do everything at once, especially when I have to go back on a clearly answered question.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sun,

You should read this. It uses the verses right in the bible to establish that the 120 years was NOT for a phrophetic time line. You would also be able to come to this very same conclusion if you read the bible yourself, it's all quiet clearly documented in the bible.

www.direct.ca...

So before you start harping on other's for speaking the truth, please try and learn a little more about your own faith rather then trying to sound all authoritive. It really is disgusting how little people know about their own religion.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Changed by who?

Well lets start with the *OVER TWENTY* "Ecclesiastic Councils" held since Jesus' Death. In other words the CHURCH itself since DAY ONE! Like I said Sun Matrix - plenty of *POLITICS* comes into play!

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Sun,

You should read this. It uses the verses right in the bible to establish that the 120 years was NOT for a phrophetic time line. You would also be able to come to this very same conclusion if you read the bible yourself, it's all quiet clearly documented in the bible.

www.direct.ca...

So before you start harping on other's for speaking the truth, please try and learn a little more about your own faith rather then trying to sound all authoritive. It really is disgusting how little people know about their own religion.

Going to answer your Alma, virgin question first.

As for me, I'm not religious. What religion are you?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

Changed by who?

Well lets start with the *OVER TWENTY* "Ecclesiastic Councils" held since Jesus' Death. In other words the CHURCH itself since DAY ONE! Like I said Sun Matrix - plenty of *POLITICS* comes into play!

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

Two questions. Who held these Ecclesiastic Councils that you are referring to.

What if any, church, religion, do you follow?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Actually the hebrew word for virgin is bethulah.

Here, have a look at this site. www.outreachjudaism.org...

In the original hebrew text's that was (mis)translated over into greek, the word used to describe Jesus' birth was alma, which means young woman.

To answer your question, I'm not religous but I don't out right discount the possibility for their being a creator of some kind. Although I do hold belief in what's been discovered and proven thus far.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join