It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning of major world crisis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
www.newropeans-magazine.org

The Laboratoire européen d’Anticipation Politique Europe 2020, LEAP/E2020, now estimates to over 80% the probability that the week of March 20-26, 2006 will be the beginning of the most significant political crisis the world has known since the Fall of the Iron Curtain in 1989, together with an economic and financial crisis of a scope comparable with that of 1929. This last week of March 2006 will be the turning-point of a number of critical developments, resulting in an acceleration of all the factors leading to a major crisis, disregard any American or Israeli military intervention against Iran. In case such an intervention is conducted, the probability of a major crisis to start rises up to 100%, according to LEAP/E2020.

Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags: [ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

[edit on 20-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thats a pretty tight time schedule they predict to...but I have to say the worlds not really looking very peachy at the minute! Considering the m3 numbers going unpublished, Iran wants to sell oil in euro's, Israel feeling threatend by Iran nuclear program, and last but not least china and russia stirring it all up..... Oh and the muslim fundamentalists going ape over a few cartoons...

Hold tight dorothy because kansas is going bye bye!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Holy Cow!

Read this article. I´ve never heard of LEAP/E2020 , but they sure have my attention....

At this stage, only a direct and immediate action on the part of the US administration aimed at preventing a military confrontation with Iran on the one hand, and at giving up the idea to monetarise the US foreign debt on the other hand, could change the course of events. For LEAP/E2020 it is obvious that not only such actions will not be initiated by the current leaders in Washington, but that on the contrary they have already chosen "to force the destiny" by shirking their economic and financial problems at the expense of the rest of the world. European governments in particular should draw very quickly all the conclusions from this fact.

Hold up that "repent sinners, the end is here" sign you men with long beards and sandals. I´m taking the whole month of March off man... Yikes!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It does feel like something big is coming though doesn't it

I guess we'll see in march, it'll be interesting as theres been alot of predictions about march. About the war and now the finance crisis. I'm sure they're intertwined anyhow.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
After I found out about Irans currency change to the Euro for sale of Oil March 20th I knew somthing was going to happen. That article puts it in more perspective. I can't wait to watch the events unfold in front of my eyes. This is why I'm alive in this time period. I get to watch the beginning of the New World Order.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Anyone else feel like the world is coming to an end? Or have things been like this for ages:-

* Global Warming
* Terrorism
* Nukes
* Chinese (particularly that speech by the defence minister)
* Iran
* ETC ETC ETC

Not a good time to be living IMO. I mean, its great now, but things are getting worse.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The world is being carved up as we speak and the ball is firmly going to be in China's court ....the # will hit the fan. Here in the U.K and in the U.S the economies are going to fail as we keep spending and burning our bridges with the rest of the world. China is the patient and wise man waiting in the shadows and counting it's debts whilst the foolish teenager America marches into another foolish war for it's interests.

We're probably gunna all end up speaking mandarin and working in factories to build endless plastic toys to ship over to china for inside fortune cookies....! All this and Global warming doubling in speed too....wow the futures bright.

Wouldn't it be nice if here in the 'civilised' west we could set the example and change our way of life to save the planet and stop melting away our glorious ecosystems and life cycles... Maybe then we could have a hope of averting major conflict as both sides of the planet grasp at the last oil reserves instead choosing to stop over consumption and corporate control.

These maniacs really don't seem to care. Sustaining the unsustainable dream of our society for maybe another half a century is more important than the salvation of future generations.......our kids!

I plead with all people who read this to stop consuming now. Only we as the mass population of this consumer culture have the power to put a stop to the unceasing capitalist machine of greed and death. You don't have to have a 4x4 and air conditioning, but we do have to have oxygen to breathe....and the amount of algea that will be covering this planet when the seas rise will stop that...........whats more important......?

Stop buying.
Start talking.
March on the cities and be heard!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This change in the M3 reporting has been posted eariler and is still rather current--as of a month ago.

Please see this Federal Reserve change here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thanks DontTreadOnMe for the Thread. Whats happenig right now in the world is so fascinating to me. Watching all the dots being connected is so unbeleivable and I can't believe I get the opptunity to watch it all go down. If only more people could be made aware, they would help themselves out.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeoldehomer
Anyone else feel like the world is coming to an end? Or have things been like this for ages:-

* Global Warming
* Terrorism
* Nukes
* Chinese (particularly that speech by the defence minister)
* Iran
* ETC ETC ETC

Not a good time to be living IMO. I mean, its great now, but things are getting worse.

I think it human nature to expect the end, look at all the prophecies of doomsday in ancient texts,and the board carriers in the nineteen hundreds proclaiming "THE END IS NIGH"

[edit on 20/2/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Seems to me this is the result of the world turning against the good ole' USA.
To many chefs into too many pots. The world feels the US is too intrusive and abuses it's superpower status.
If you don't think that you can defeat and make weak the USA using bravado and gunpowder, well you can make the USA weak using economic warfare.

The whole US military machine gulps up $$$ in huge quantities, and if you can kill the money, then you can kill the machine. The bearings of US power and confidence are greased with the greens.

But yeah, as quoted earlier (yes, I read the article) watch Bush give the finger to the world and write off all the foreign debt, something the US would destroy another country for, but of course that is all speculation, but foreseeable.

The future does look crappy, but in my opinion things must get worse before they get better. That's the human way!

What we are seeing here is economic warfare against the US, did you think the world would sit by and do nothing?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here's a good straightforward summary on the "petroeuro" issue. Apologies if repost, as I've been away for quite a while.

web.israelinsider.com...

excerpt:

"If oil was priced in other currencies, most countries would have little need to stockpile dollars. All the currency the U.S. government has printed over the years would be of value only in the U.S. This would flood the U.S. with dollars and trigger huge inflation."

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
here's one more

www.globalresearch.ca...

World War III or Bust: Implications of a US Attack on Iran

....even the best case doesn’t look good. Let’s say the Bush administration chooses the UN Security Council over military power in dealing with Iran. That still leaves the proposed oil bourse, along with the economic fallout that will occur if OPEC countries snub the greenback in favor of petro-euros. At the very least, the dollar will drop and inflation could soar, so you’d think the administration would be busy tightening the nation’s collective belt. But no. The US trade deficit reached a record high of $725.8 billion in 2005, and Bush & Co.’s FY 2007 budget proposes increasing deficits by $192 billion over the next five years. The nation is hemorrhaging roughly $7 billion a month on military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq, and is expected to hit its debt ceiling of $8.184 trillion next month.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by Dark Magician]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Is Bush trying to push the world towards war?
Or does he genuinely think he is doing the right thing???

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I believe the solution lies in the petroeuro issue - at least it's the immediate issue.

Short-term solution - bring the petroeuro issue to the negotiating table.

I'm wondering if this has actually been brought up in negotiations. If the MSM is anything to go by, it hasn't.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by Dark Magician]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Petrodollar Warfare and The Plunge Protection Team

It s about time the rest of the world catches up to me!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The foreign exchange, e.g. Euro/USD market is much larger than the oil market.

The daily turnover in forex is probably larger than the entire value of oil produced
on the planet for a year.

The change in one country (Iran) taking euros---when dollars to euros can be converted
a billion at at time with a phone call---is negligible.

What matters is what currency people HOLD their investments in, and that depends on
interest rates and capital flows.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If you look at history we are due for another world war sometime soon. Pathetically it could go three ways and all ways it will lead to war and all hell breaking loose:
#1: WW3 (nukes)
#2: Economic war (invasions to bring things back to the way they were, etc.)
#3: WW3 (infantry war, bombings, naval battles, air battles, back and forth wars, 1984)
So whichever way you look at the comming WW3 we are SCREWED and so is the rest of the world when the chicken comes home to roost. China is VERY patient but they wont last long if they dont have a plan, the US will fire back at them to at least take them out with them even if they are allies right now. I would say the war that would be less pressing on the world would be an economic war, and pray its only ground invasions and nothing more. So right now if "we" or I should say the powers that be avoid WW3 then we have another 50+ years till the next crisis or 10+ years (pending greatly) so we can only wait. I should have listened to the survivalists, time to start stockpilling and building my bunker.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Admin Note:

It is customary on this baord that we do not simply copy paste paragraph, add the link and NOT add out opinions of the article.

The discussion of the information is critical. We could go forth and gather news on our own if that were the reason for us being here.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Anybody know this financial analyst, Rob Kirby?? I've just found out about him from a Dutch blog in which he was interviewed about the M3 not being published.

The question (in english)

'What is the downside of the M3 data not being publicized anymore? Is it to hide the hyperinflation caused by the massive printing of dollars in reaction to the world no longer holding on to its dollars after they start to trade in PetroEuro's? And how long can you hide such a thing? Is it just a postponement of execution, as the (Dutch) saying goes?'

His answer is right after that. I don't know how credible he is, so I'm asking if anyone knows more about him. And I also don't know how credible or biased the Dutch blog is. I also don't know if hyping up this situation is the right thing to do because it remains a conspiracy. But if the facts add up and are correct then of course everyone should know this immediately.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join