It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is area 51 just a cover up for bigger things.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
TextI was watching the discovery and this guy they were intervewing said he beleived area 51 was just to distract the public eye from the "big stuff". He said the real testing goes on in the rocky mountains and I was wondering is this a common theory? I was also wondering is there any one here that disagrees, and why?
I think it could be possible because I think there are alot of bases like Shian Mountain.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Actually its Cheyenne mountain.

But I agree with you. While we like to think of the government and the CIA etc as sort of oafish bafoons they can and often get thier security details rights. If the US was testing flying saucers et al. WHy would they do so from a base that can be seen by the general public?

Such ultra black projects would be safely deep in Nellis or off soma Atoll in the middle of the Pacific.

Area 51 is a research base for secret and not so secret aircraft. Nothing More, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I started a thread on this theory a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I would not be suprised if Area-51 has been moved, or not. I know Popular Science said that a facility at White Sands, Utah was the new Area-51. I think what we should do is just follow the Janet planes. I know that they are based at Hill AFB in Ogden, and still fly out to Dreamland. However, is that where all of them fly? We need to do our homework. I don't know....bribe the FAA air traffic controllers to keep track of them. I'm sure we can do something. Lets get busy!!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
First of all Area 51 is alive and well in the same location for 50 years. White Sands is in New Mexico not Utah. The Janets are based in Las Vegas at McCarran Airport. They are not based at Hill Airforce Base. They dont fly out of Dreamland they fly into Groom also known as Dreamland. Their are photographs to support this posted at www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hank
First of all Area 51 is alive and well in the same location for 50 years. White Sands is in New Mexico not Utah. The Janets are based in Las Vegas at McCarran Airport. They are not based at Hill Airforce Base. They dont fly out of Dreamland they fly into Groom also known as Dreamland. Their are photographs to support this posted at www.dreamlandresort.com...

Do your research! There is in fact a White Sands, Utah and a White Sands, New Mexico! The one in Utah is called Greeg River. Here is a link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is also a list of the Boeing 737 "Janet" flights that originate from Hill AFB in Ogden, UT. The Janets have a very early day. They leave HILL AFB quite early in the morning, and arrive at McCarran airport for their flights.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Not to start a flame war, but I have done my research. The Link you refer to says that the area has been and is under caretaker status. The area is complete disrepair and has not been used for many years. I dont know where you got your info on Janet flights out of Hill Airforce Base but I did a Flightaware and a Passuer search going back to January 2005 and no such flights exists. They all come out of McCarran.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have visited the White Sands Missile Range Green River Annex in Utah a couple of times. It is most difnitely not active. The old Athena rocket launch sites are in a state of disrepair and the other facilities are mostly decaying.

It would not be a good spot for a secret base in any event. Highway 70 runs through it, and there is a popular hot spring just outside the boundary.

By comparison, the Groom lake, Nevada, facility is extremely active (and growing!) as evidenced by recent observations from public land and the most recent satellite imagery.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe "they" just keep the Groom Lake base active to throw us all off. Sort of what the allies in WW2 did w/the wooden army to decieve the germans. Eventually they will close it down, and this will be after a new facility has been running for years.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wooden dummies don't cost any significant amount of money. The new runways, taxiways, hangars, and other facilities built at Groom over the last decade cost millions.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
I have visited the White Sands Missile Range Green River Annex in Utah a couple of times. It is most difnitely not active. The old Athena rocket launch sites are in a state of disrepair and the other facilities are mostly decaying.

If the Green River facility is an Annex of White Sands Missile Range, then it would be/have been for testing missiles, not airplanes! Shadowhawk, you say the site is not active anymore? When was the Green River Annex used, and how long has it been closed?

Tim

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The White Sands Missile Range Green River Annex (also known as the Utah Launch Complex) was established in 1973. The first launch of an Athena missile took place in 1964. I believe the final launch of a Pershing missile took place in 1973. The site was placed in caretaker status in 1974.

The Athena multi-stage research missiles carried a variety of scaled-down warhead models to simulate ICBM reentry vehicle behavior in tests conducted by the Air Force and Navy. They were supposed to deposit their payloads on the White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) complex in New Mexico. On 11 July 1970, an Athena overshot the target and dropped its payload (which contained two small capsules of radioactive cobalt 57) about 200 miles south of the border near Durango, Mexico.

Other projects at the Utah Launch Complex (ULC) included operational tests of the Army's Pershing intermediate range ballistic missile, and support of the Air Force Bomb Scoring Project and a Navy navigation systems project. The Air Force also launched Hound Dog missiles from a B-52 over the ULC. NASA used the Green River site for deployment of the Lower Atmospheric Compostion and Temperature Experiment (LACATE) and High-Resolution Wind Measurement Program (HIREWIMP) balloons.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The Press is all ways on the lookout to expose any US secret to the world. So far some of the Aircraft we developed have remained secret until we decided to use them, Tese were developed and prototyped in area 51. Such as the B-1, B-2, and F117 Stealth Aircraft. Get it through your head. The U.S. Military are not a bunch of Nazi Goons! All US armed forces have to live by the UCMJ. Which is a code of law. Much stricter than any civilian code, with extremely harsh penalties. Other bases. other work. does not have to be done on military bases. then there is the Navy's base at China Lake near Inyokern Calif. The First carrier based nuculer strike bombers were developed there in 1948. Look in the budget to find where the money is going. But why? If the US develops flying saucers that fly in space and have force fields to protect them, and whatever, that would be good. We are the good guys. Would you want North Korea to have them, Red China?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Area 51 IS NOT a US military base. It is a test range that lockheed built to test the U-2 spy plane. the US military funds it, and it's projects however it is still a civilia test range. I am sure u guys already know about the civilian secirity "the camo dudes". don't u think if it were a military instilation it would have MP's?

[edit on 25-8-2006 by The_Smokeing_Gun]

[edit on 25-8-2006 by The_Smokeing_Gun]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There has to be a Stargate machine over there to which is really just a black project version of the International Space Station. I've always wondered what the Japanese were really and actually up to because their money can't all be spent on contruction or whatever people are saying of the exact cause of their economy stagnating. And what of those Russian Migs anyways? It's all even more bizzare than what everyone is thinking because there has to be something behind the government's overconfidence behind every end-of-the-world issue and situation.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The_Smokeing_Gun is mistaken when he describes the Groom lake facility as a "civilian test range." It is entirely operated by the U.S. Air Force.

Construction of the original facility (Watertown Airstrip) was funded by the CIA. Lockheed, using the false comapny name "CLJ" acted as a front. The CIA (possibly with assistance from the Department of Defense) later funded construction of the expanded facilities that became known as Area 51. The Air Force took control of Area 51 in the late 1970s and it became a detachment of the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards Air Force Base.

The security force at Groom Lake is a mixture of military and contract personnel (just as it is at Edwards).

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think it is in the United States best interest to keep it's R&D departments under wraps. I also think that if it was owned by the military that they would have a better security force then commando-wannabe rent-a-cops.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The Det 3, AFFTC, Security Forces Squadron is comprised of both Air Force security police and contract security guards. The latter are ex-military and law enforcement personnel, probably of a higher caliber than you find at most military bases.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Realy, I have never heard of that befor.
do u have any info on those guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is a bit out of date (1988), but still has some excellent info:

www.ufomind.com...

There is probably some other good information on these sites:

www.ufomind.com...

www.dreamlandresort.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join