It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Pic.... (from another thread) thought id start a fresh thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh shauny, this is cool! I'm very interested to see your pics as well as other members' pics. You can do it either way - use this one (if you want we can have a mod of this forum change the name of the thread to "ATS Member Ghost Pics" or something), or start a new one. Whatever you decide.

I'm looking forward to checking this often.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I, too, will be checking out this thread often. I've always heard that is one thing Edinburgh is famous for. All of its haunted places. To actually get them on film is truly a remarkable find.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have found out about two different properties near this little town I live in that are supposed to by haunted. One is an old cemetery with two different stories surrounding why it is presumably haunted, and then the other property is an abandoned homestead. The story with the second is that the family lived in another area where they performed the Indian "Ghost Dance" and it resulted in the conjuring of some less than amiable Indian spirits which began to torment the family. Allegedly they left behind their home and moved here (which was at that time still Indian Territory), but the spirits followed them!
Now I know the grandson of these people (he is in his 60's now and my oldest brother's best friend since they were small). His family finally sold the property many years back because things that happened were so frightening. According to him no one was able to live on the property long and it now sits abandoned (not sure who owns it now but no one lives there).

I have asked my son if he would be willing to go on a couple of excursions to these two places. We will take my camera and a tape recorder (even better I'll attempt to take my laptop so I can record right onto it). I will report back if I capture anything in a pic!

[edit on 12-29-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
more pics ...

1. this one is mates standing there, look to the left of them

2. this one, look above thier heads in the middle

3. look again between the lads in the middle

4. few things going on here, look at where my m8 is looking

5.again wierd smoke looking stuff.

6. more fog and orbs

7. THIS ONE was taken up against a wall...NO IDEA WHAT IT IS !!

8. look at the bottom, looks as if 2 lights are coming from a grave... !!

there you are, 8 of the better ones i have
these were all taken at grayfriers churchyard www.moirbooks.homestead.com... in edinburgh, scotland near where i live.
3 differant cameras were used taking these, and all at night with no RAIN/FOG and NO smoking !! thats the rule
all pics were taken with huge walls (like the ones in the link i provided) behind them.

as i say, i can feel a presence, so 9/10 i take a pic its there.
there is NO scarier place on earth than grayrfriers churchyard.

please feel free to shoot me down in flames

i do this to bring the truth as i know it to light for all to see.
not to make money or make myself look good/bad/indifferant

enjoy

[edit on 29/12/2005 by shauny]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Those are all fascinating (especially when you threw me for a loop and said it wasn't raining!
)...but number 7 is the most interesting for me. That one is really weird.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
had a few EXPERTS tell me it MUST have been raining.
we DONT go if its raining.

iv taken pics in the rain before, and sometimes it shows rain, sometimes not.
when its raining (and it shows) there are massiv gray spots all over the picture.

as for number 7, i agree.
the local paper "edinburgh evening news" were close to taking this of me.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Shauny, you have certainly found something worth photographing. Those pictures are awesome. By all means, post some more. How old is the graveyard and if you don't know that answer, how old is the oldest gravestone? That would be really interesting to know.

Nip

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
wow very interesting

I'll try getting some pics from the cemetary around where i live

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well i was there the day that photo was taken, and i can confirm what he's saying.

No one was smoking and there was no fog at the time the picture was taken, we even made a point of not smoking for that very reason, that it could be picked up on camera and we would get excited over nothing, but that is not the case here.

If your a skeptic you will doubt, but i can truly 100% from my heart tell you this pic was not "made up" in anyway, no photoshop, no cigarette smoke, its just what was on the picture after we took what is a picture of nothing at all really

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just did a little experiment and I think I can explain the strange fog,
it's kinda disapointing, but first a have to ask you, was it cold when you took those pictures?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I was going to suggest the same thing... however, the same effect can be created easier than through someones breath vapor.

If a light source intercepts the lense along the tangent line, any imperfections (microscopic hills) on the lenses surface will refract the light through the lense, and represent it as an enlarged version of the refraction on the film (or photosensor).

This effect can only show up when the surrounding area is darker than the light source intercepting the lense at an angle... which cant be done easily in the day time without blinding the camera.

However... those spots on the lense arent as easy to explain.

You see, they can be created the same way, with imperfections in the lense (bubbles). However, lense glass is created in a way to ensure no internal imperfections... not even on a microscopic level. So they are harder to explain.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by johnsky]

[edit on 4-1-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think most of the fog in these pictures is just breath vapor

Look these are the pictures I took yesterday:

These are the pictures I took while breathing out

Looks familiar doesn't it?
I adjusted the colour levels with photoshop so that it looks even more spectacular.

This is a picture I took right after breathing out, bad timing I guess.

It was raining at the time so you can see a few "orbs"

Sorry to disapoint you. The orbs and lights on your pictures I can't explain, I believe you when you say it wasn't raining, it doesn't look like rain, just compare it to my picture. Since it was obviously cold, I don't think it's insects reflecting the flash, there are some insects that only come out in winter (some species of mosquitos etc) but I don't think there would be so many of them, also it looks as if those orbs are all moving in the same direction (they seem to be going up, so it couldn't be rain)

[edit on 4-1-2006 by MooseT]

[edit on 4-1-2006 by MooseT]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Although these are very interesting photos, I don't think they contain the faces of spirits.

You can make a face out of anything. A tree, a cloud, a mountain, you name it.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Oh geez, yeah, now that you mention it, I finally see it. Youre right, the Orbs are ALL travelling vertically upwards... exactly the way rain doesnt. lol.

Now that IS a puzzle.

Smoke and mirrors aside... this is where we should be focusing.

I cant even think of a way to forge virtically travelling particles (aside from photoshop).
I mean, you could try tilting the camera down while taking the picture, but the rest of the subject matter would become askewed.

You could try throwing sand, or spraying water upwards... but even then, with sand or solids, it would come up as more of clumps. And with water spray, all of the particles would be travelling outwards as if from a common point, (which is what you would be doing).

The particles on the picture are heading in the same direction.

Oh wait... sorry... I just did figure out how you could forge it.

If there is rain falling, you could simply use an old flash system. They had a tendency to 'glow' for a split second after the initial flash. And the shutters tended to bounce when closing on the older cameras. (And on some modern cheap cameras).

What this does is, something falling is pictured perfectly, but then a trailing image of it is created in the direction it was heading, as the light faded from the bulb, instead of ceasing, and the shutter bounced shut.

Essentially leading the eye to believe the water droplets were heading upwards, instead of downwards.

What type of Camera did you use?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
the pictures were taken my 2 cameras and NEVER tampered with.

what would be the point ?

take it or leave it i say.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Water Vapor will Form "orbs" like this.

Now Number 7 is unique. If you look at the horizon, You can see some tree tops and a ambient light illumination. (lighten shadows.) What is fasinating. Is that the camera picture taker has captured a aurora like effect between the horizon and the dew. It also would be interesting to check the magnetism of the local gravestones.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Contrasted the pic with photoshop. Either its a human made perception of "faces".

Or is it ???

Either way, I saw a old man, the scary movie guy, a skull, A bearded guy, Bear?, Wings, and a alien?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi,

I can't work out how to attach images but Im refering the the first photo on the thread, regarding the mans face in smoke/fog.

I could also see many figures, most predominately a woeful looking female to the left of the mans face ( maybe this is the lady you picked up on ).

Then to the right moving upwards, almost in a queue 4 female looking faces, dare I say it if nobody laughs too loud, attractive young looking females.

If I try harder I can make out a few more images but these are what stand out to me.

The photoshoped image is great, shows them much more clearly, but I saw them on the original last night and joined to make the post.

I don't know why people get so hung up on, was it foggy, was it raining, it is breath, I personally think that the images are natural occuring events manipulated to show us an image, whether this is a past spirit or some other kind of energy, or in our minds, or not there at all, who knows, I don't.

Very Interesting

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well I do see a lot of vaces in that cloud, creepy ones, even one that looks like a demon or something creepy, but I still think it's just breath vapour, and it's just our minds playing tricks...

Or maybe you just have very bad breath

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nice pics of 'ectoplasm' people..Really nice pics

GhostHunter

top topics

<< 1   >>

join