It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why couldn't humans have built the pyramids?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
exactly, if you took a child from ancient egypt and had the child raised in modern times that child would be just as intelligent as any other child.

even a neanderthal would be able to survive as long as they were raised in the same way as modern humans.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
the problem is that the more technology we have the dumber, and less skilled, we get

Calculus&Beyond vs 4th degree quadratic equations.:rolleyes:
Supersonic jetsighters vs the cha
English language vs Heiroglyphs
etc....

....we use machines now ....

Try fitting a tire over an 18 inch wheel in 4 minutes without one.

you would have to search for along time to end up only finding a few workers skilled enough to make such intricate stuff with only very primitive type tools......

And hence we (consensusly) live well beyond the ripe ole age of 30.

I like the idea of the kite, I imagine (if true) this extended a few peoples' lives.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i think i should change this thread to

"why couldn't the egyptians have built the pyramids without outside intervention?"

but that is a long title, so just assume that's the new title of the thread.

NOW DISCUSS.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The pyramid was built by people! There were no aliens or something like that. They just made a platform and let it dry. Then on the next day they got up on top of the platform and built another one. Then they let it dry and again got on top of it and built another one and so on. So it is possible to construct one using buckets, sand, ropes and shuvles etc. Of course it would take a long time but the construction of the pyramid also took a long time.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i think i should change this thread to

"why couldn't the egyptians have built the pyramids without outside intervention?"

but that is a long title, so just assume that's the new title of the thread.

NOW DISCUSS.

Isnt it the same thing

Anyway, I saw a show those SE Asian temples the other day and how they got 25 ton blocks up a temple WAY more complicated than the pyramids with the help of elephants and a hell of a long ramp (like 2km+) and thought about one thing:

Are we *sure* the Egyptions didnt have "help" from animals? I mean, elephants may be a little exotic (though I'm sure the Pharao had the resources to get them) but what about oxes or the like?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
there are actually murals of Oxen pairs dragging pyramid blocks in Egypt. I can only presume then that they are some kind of robot oxen bought in by the aliens when they suddenly decided to stop using advanced alloys and other materials like in their spaceships and decided to use the most primitive building techniques available

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Robotic oxen?!?! I want one!

Everyone always seem to assume that the poor Egyptians pulled the stone themselves. And I cant help but feel stupid, because I've always assumed that too.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
how can weak, hungry slaves carry tons of stone?

if there was no outside source then, those weak hungry slaves were strong as hell

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
would these be the slaves you saw in Hollywoods "the ten commandments" or the actual workers of the Pyramids who were well fed, well looked after, well accomodated (they've found the camps) and all free men

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The pyramids were constructed by giants from the nibiru thousands of years ago. This giant race came here when there planet, which is actually a brown dwarf star, in an olyptical orbit around our sun came close enough to earth to safely visit. Only several thousand individuals came at that point. They came durring the winter solstice because that is when the alignment of the earth is right with that planet. This inspired the stories of the sun god coming on December 25 th. because the planet Niribu would look like another sun in the sky. Back to the pyrimid thing. These beings are very advanced and would be about 50 ft tall. To them, bulding the great pyramid would have been like us building a house. Dont get me wrong,,, it was still a great deal of work to quary the limestone, but for a people this large it would be like playing with a toy in a sandbox. The sphinx was actually a childs sand sculpture. Over time the compacted sand layed and formed sandstone. All over the world you can see evidence of these great megalithic stones that we could not have possibly moved given our small stature. The more you think about it, the more it makes sense. By the way, the next scheduled visit is Dec, 21 2012. It should be quite a show.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
how can weak, hungry slaves carry tons of stone?

if there was no outside source then, those weak hungry slaves were strong as hell

Aside from the obvious fact of them not being slaves (let alone hungry, considering the mass production of food), I think you're failing to grasp the concept of slavery: You move the stone or you die.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I believe that the technology that humans used to make the pyramids are this, which have been described in heiroglyphs:

www.google.com...

www.youtube.com...

The cutting of the blocks was achieved in this manner (which the statues at Tula Mexico seem to weild as well):

www.google.com...

Thats how it was done. Enjoy

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
there is absolutly no doubt in my mind that aliens built pyramids. but why? does anyone know? maybe to mark they were there, but im not sure.
Please someone tell me

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I agree with you. Nicely put together.

I also found something that may be of interest:

uk.youtube.com...

I also remembered reading somewhere about placing razor blades under pyramids, and it sharpening them - due to energy? This made me think of the Great pramids location.
www.timestar.org...

I believe magic or the unexplained is science and knowedge unknown to us. Based on arecheological evidence and atrefacts i tend to believe that we are only just rediscovering technology lost through the ages.

I find this paticular tablet - Emerald tablet of thoth quite intriguing, in it he claims he built the great pyramid?? (translation by Doreal).

www.crystalinks.com...

and this one, well read it and tell me what you think.

www.crystalinks.com...

I am not an expert and dont know the authenticy of these tablets. This is all i personally could find. Interesting none the less.

www.bwtemple.org...

Does anyone know anything about these tablets???

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I find it odd that there are huge pyramids in Egypt, South America, and China. All over the world, there are large earth mounds where suitable structural rock was unavailable.

Now what mechanism would have compelled, or suggested, building these massive pyramids, when every day was an effort just to ensure survival? Why did they decide on this particular shape? Why did these massive pyramids pop up in different cultures, even though separated by culture, centuries, and even continents?

Suddenly, everyone got the same idea at basically the same time?

That's not coincidence. That's a common purpose.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The Great Pyramid of Egypt was probably built about 5,000 to 6,000 years ago. There were others built earlier.

The Oldest Chinese pyramids may be 4,500 to 5,500 years old.

The Oldest Mayan pyramids were probably built 1,000 to 2,000 years ago.

The Inca pyramids are about 600 years old.

If you want to build a very tall structure (for whatever reason) without using steel, a pyramid is the way to go. Form follows function.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that we ought to design and build a new pyramid today with all of our modern equipment of equal size to the Great Pyramid and we ought to have several rooms inside it dedicated to the greatest discoveries of humanity, all etched in stone.

This would do many things. It'd give all the channels something to report on. Documentary film crews would film the construction from literally every perspective, and the criteria would only be that the finished product have nothing more than the original, meaning it's just stone with a limestone covering. It'll show off our technology and how we can cut huge stones precisely so they fit snugly. It'll show off our best cranes, and hoist systems. It'll be something that all the countries of the world can be a part of (and ought to be). Lastly, it'll show one way or another whether or not modern man can do something with all we have today what was done so long ago. At this point I'm tired of speculation. I'm tired of watching a bunch of scientists move a couple stones with wood lever systems and say, "Yup, that's how it was done." They move a few little stones and call it good. Pathetic.

Build a new one. Build it the same size as the Great Pyramid. Then the discussion will move to compare the old with the new. I think people built the first one. I've been there and seen it myself. I've walked down that tunnel that you have to bend over in where you feel like you're going to tumble all the way down the thing. It's incredibly hot at the bottom. I say build a new one and let all the knowledge we have be engraved inside it.

Of course, then we'd get to listen to people complain about where we build it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I don't know, aye. The more archaeology is done around the pyramids, the more we learn that humans were capable of building them with simple tools and generic architecture.

It assumed for the longest time that slaves were made to build the pyramids when in reality we know that citizens and soldiers worked on it as civil service.

We used to be completely baffled as to how humans could've built the Collosium or the Pantheon, but we now know exactly how they were done because we found evidence of the methodology and organisational techniques that they used.

As with the pyramids, it's likely that a lot of that information is lost to the sands of time, yet we still have a very complete picture.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i suggest anybody interested in this subject do some research into the coral castle. theres a lost knowledge that enabled man to move stones like floating balloons. i know it sounds far fetched but we haven't figured everything out yet.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe that humans did build them.Kind of hard for me to see highly advanced et's using stones to build something.Now the question is what kind of humans built them and when.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join