It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why couldn't humans have built the pyramids?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why can't we just attribute this to humans until actual evidence to the contrary springs up?

does anyone have any actual evidence to support the influence of an outside source on the construction of the pyramids?

Hmm.

I don't recall being taught trigonometry in kindergarden.

They had us learning how to count.

I don't recall having learned anatomy and physiology in kindergarden.

They had us learning right from left.

So, why is it the earliest civilizations knew such mathamatical percision at the dawn of civilization?

So, why is it the earliest civilizations knew such doctoring skills, and the art of mumification?

How did they master these skills in so little time, with so little proof of any trial and error?

Why is there extremely conflicting evidence concerning the dates of construction? Sometimes puching the dates back to 10,500 b.c.?

Could we build this today, with what we accredit them to having?

If so, i'll need to see the end product, as proof.

I think these are some of the arguements that i've heard.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It is perfectly logical that you can't have the best technology first, and then get worse as time passes, which is like what the pyramids seem to indicate. The great pyramid is one of the oldest, and is the best. Thats like one of the first cars ever built being a Ferrari BB512, alongside the Model A... It just doesn't make sense.
But, no aliens are required to explain the pyramid. The theory that this present civilization is the first, one and only advanced one ever to walk the earth, is in my view, vanity. Geneticists have estimated that for about 200 000 years, people just like you and me have been around. What did we do for the first 190 000 years?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
What did we do for the first 190 000 years?

Worship the Gods from the heavens, on every continent?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You have voted Esoteric Teacher for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

But, it is possible that those powerful beings from the skies were just people too. The Vedas describe vimanas, ancient flying vehicles, which only the royalty could afford. If these royals were buzzing all over the planet, an ancient version of cargo cults could have sprung up.
I am not saying there aren't aliens, probably there are, considering the government doesn't usually cover up stuff that isn't there....
But I guess the pyramids builders, if it wasn't Khufu, (I feel it wasn't), may never be known. Unless of course the Illuminati know....

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There were inferior pyramids built before the Great Pyramid, such as the Step Pyramid and the Bent Pyramid.

That clearly shows an evolution of technique. Pyramids built after the Great Pyramid are just as advanced (arguably more so in some aspects) architecturally albeit not as big, which probably indicates more a change in the ability of the builders to organize as big of a labor force, not a loss of knowledge or skill.

You can see the timeline here:

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Pyramids built after the Great Pyramid are just as advanced (arguably more so in some aspects) architecturally albeit not as big,

I will agree to disagree. I might be mistaken, but I have not seen any pyramid before or after the great pyramid that even comes close to it in any way. I did say it was built near the beginning, not that it was first, although I personally believe it was built much earlier than is accepted generally. I stand by my point, that the great pyramid is an anomaly even accepting the official timeline. It is my feeling that there is no building as advanced or more so than the great pyramid, before or after, in some respects, that is true to this day.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I will agree to disagree. I might be mistaken, but I have not seen any pyramid before or after the great pyramid that even comes close to it in any way. I did say it was built near the beginning, not that it was first, although I personally believe it was built much earlier than is accepted generally. I stand by my point, that the great pyramid is an anomaly even accepting the official timeline. It is my feeling that there is no building as advanced or more so than the great pyramid, before or after, in some respects, that is true to this day.

Can you define "advanced"?

Sure its a pretty construction. The people that built it where obviously very skilled. But its still a pile of stones. There isnt much "advanced" too it. The middle american pyramids easily rival the egyptian pyramids both in size and complexity. They arent really that advanced either, not even with the fact they have the largest pyramid in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yeah, I gotta agree. Sears Tower is advanced. These are still just piles of rocks. The skill employed to construct them is some feat, no doubt, but still very possible.
Whoever created the pyramids just had a lot of time and creativity on their hands.
Or maybe bigfoot built it.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't know how much study you have done on the details incorporated into the Giza pyramid, but there are some which the best minds of our time have not been able to explain how they did it, nor how to duplicate it.
That is of course disputed, but I have yet to see the explanations.
So, to me, it is advanced. Granted the pyramid of the sun and moon have some very intriguing and unexplained aspects too, but from what I have read, not nearly as many as the Giza pyramid. Specifically, one example is the drill bit score marks inside the sarcophagus in the kings chamber. Still unexplained as far as I know, and I believe, not yet able to be duplicated.
This in no way implies alien assistance, as I feel that is not the most probable source of a solution, very smart humans is far more likely.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
According to Mark Lehner, one of the archeologists at the Giza site, the core of the pyramid (not the limestone casing) are NOT perfectly assembled, with as much as 5-6 inch gaps between stones.

Mark's Interview on PBS

Yes, some of the stones have no gaps, but a lot of them do. We have to eliminate the myth that the ENTIRE pyramid is perfectly assembled. It's NOT.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
GOD IS SOVEREIGN; 100% HE EXISTS OUTSIDE OF OUR NORMAL SPACE AND TIME AND IS INFINITE IN ENERGY AND POSSIBILITY. JUST BECAUSE SOME CANNOT ACCEPT THIS OR EVEN CHOOSE TO RUN/ HIDE FROM IT DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG. GOD NEEDS NO ONE OR ANYTHING (ALTHOUGH HE LOVES US AND ASKS US TO GLORIFY HIM) AND EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS WAS CONSTRUCTED FOR HIS GLORY. UNTIL A MAN OR WOMAN LETS GO OF 100% OF HIMSLEF/ HERSELF AND REALIZES THAT THE CHEF END OF MAN IS TO GLORIFY GOD HE/SHE WILL REMAIN LOST. AFTER SOME LEAVE THIS UNIVERSE OF MATERIAL AND ENTER INTO HEAVEN (WHATEVER FORM IT MAY HAVE) WE WILL FIND THAT IT WAS NOT CONSTRUCTED FOR US. IT EXISTS FOR US TO SHARE IN HIS GLORY FOREVER.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A valid opinion that could be posted without SHOUTING.
Good point non the less.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't know how much study you have done on the details incorporated into the Giza pyramid, but there are some which the best minds of our time have not been able to explain how they did it, nor how to duplicate it.
That is of course disputed, but I have yet to see the explanations.
So, to me, it is advanced. Granted the pyramid of the sun and moon have some very intriguing and unexplained aspects too, but from what I have read, not nearly as many as the Giza pyramid. Specifically, one example is the drill bit score marks inside the sarcophagus in the kings chamber. Still unexplained as far as I know, and I believe, not yet able to be duplicated.
This in no way implies alien assistance, as I feel that is not the most probable source of a solution, very smart humans is far more likely.

We havent duplicated it today because we havent really tried. We've been busy building common things like cities and factories instead of massive tombs.

And there are a TON of suggested ideas on how they did it (many pretty logical). We cant know exactly what they did unless we find evidence of it (which in some aspects we have)... Hell, maybe they used many different ideas to complete it!

Just the other week I saw an idea about that used a rope system across the pyramid for pulling the heavy stones right up the side of the pyramid, a weight on one side and the stone in the other. You empty the weight (which can be sand), put in another stone and repeat. An ancient elevetor using the pyramid itself as leverage. A pretty easy system, although one that gets harder the higher you get.

Want to know where I read about it? A Donald Duck magazine!

[edit on 11-1-2006 by merka]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe we could duplicate it, it is quite possible. But, there are still unsolved mysteries that we would need to resolve in order to exactly do what they did. Not at all impossible to think we might, if we really needed to, solve them all. But I can't say we haven't really tried. Since Napolean almost 200 years ago, numerous brilliant scientists, engineers, builders, researchers, mathematicians, physicists, etc. have had a go at them. There are alot of books written by them about their attempts to find workable theories. Many features once unknown are now at least solved, though we may have a different solution than the original builders did. But ours look workable.
But, some of the anomalies are still nagging them, their ancient secret still hidden. At least that is my finding. I have yet to see a complete list of solutions for all the hurdles, that has not been disproved as implausible.
It is at least 2 centuries that we have had the access, and math skills to accurately appreciate it, you'd think we'd have put this one to bed by now.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99
According to Mark Lehner, one of the archeologists at the Giza site, the core of the pyramid (not the limestone casing) are NOT perfectly assembled, with as much as 5-6 inch gaps between stones.

Mark's Interview on PBS

Yes, some of the stones have no gaps, but a lot of them do. We have to eliminate the myth that the ENTIRE pyramid is perfectly assembled. It's NOT.

I have known of Mark Lehner for many years, and I agree, the interior is very likely just as he says. That does not however solve any challenges, it just clrears up a mistaken belief some people assumed. The Mark Lehner I first read years ago was a much different pyramid researcher. He has changed, maybe in order to be accepted in the established Egyptology circles. He is now very accepted there, and is possibly the most informed living pyramid researcher. His focus has changed from pointing out the mysteries, to playing them down instead.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99

Mark's Interview on PBS

excellent point

also i'd like to bring up a somewhat recent excavation of a site on the giza plateau. they found what appears to be the buried bodies of people who worked on the pyramids. they were found to have died from broken bones which appear to be the result of straining the back muscles. this supports the idea of massive amounts of cheap labor.

i'm trying to find a link to the info, so be patient.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ever listen to Carl Sagan describe the start of the universe? Compare that to the ancient cultures versions of creation. Which one would you, now be honest, find more entertaining. I find the dry scientific descriptions of creation hard to make interesting. Some voices are worse than others, too, for making me drowsy. The Australian Aborigine creation tale, the bible one, the Native ones, they all have something the rational, logical version lacks, sizzle.
The story that humans built the pyramids...its not a story. There is nothing worth reporting there, and that won't sell newspapers. Like they say, 'not doing anything out of the ordinary is not news.' Living a normal life, common sense explanations of ancient things, not committing crimes, or having a horrible accident, those are death to the news agencies. So, you add some sizzle, spice it up a bit, dramatize it, change the names, add a few exciting, albeit fictional, details, for effect. Now you have a story. That is worth printing. No one is going to buy, "Pyramids built by people." because it is dull, and it is what you'd expect. It is death for the publishing industry. Chariots of the Gods, Eternal Damnation, hellfire and brimstone, the thunderbeings, alien pyramid builders,..... those stories have sizzle.
Sure they may not portray the exact truth.... but that is not the point here.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Ever listen to Carl Sagan describe the start of the universe? Compare that to the ancient cultures versions of creation. Which one would you, now be honest, find more entertaining. I find the dry scientific descriptions of creation hard to make interesting. Some voices are worse than others, too, for making me drowsy. The Australian Aborigine creation tale, the bible one, the Native ones, they all have something the rational, logical version lacks, sizzle.
The story that humans built the pyramids...its not a story. There is nothing worth reporting there, and that won't sell newspapers. Like they say, 'not doing anything out of the ordinary is not news.' Living a normal life, common sense explanations of ancient things, not committing crimes, or having a horrible accident, those are death to the news agencies. So, you add some sizzle, spice it up a bit, dramatize it, change the names, add a few exciting, albeit fictional, details, for effect. Now you have a story. That is worth printing. No one is going to buy, "Pyramids built by people." because it is dull, and it is what you'd expect. It is death for the publishing industry. Chariots of the Gods, Eternal Damnation, hellfire and brimstone, the thunderbeings, alien pyramid builders,..... those stories have sizzle.
Sure they may not portray the exact truth.... but that is not the point here.

Ók then, I can stretch as far as aliens coming down to earth to give the humans advanced nano-loincloths so they could work without sweating to much.

Sizzling enough for you?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ók then, I can stretch as far as aliens coming down to earth to give the humans advanced nano-loincloths so they could work without sweating to much.

Sizzling enough for you?
merka

Well it is a good start, there is definitely more intrigue than straight science there. If the loincloths were artificially intelligent, could fly, and glowed in the dark, it would be more exciting. And then if these loincloths revolted and took over the world, and they built the pyramids... now that is getting pretty sizzling.
Remember the words of Henry Ford, "History is the lie agreed upon."
Sure, you have to be careless with the truth, and some credibility is sacrificed, but it does make for a memorable story.
In a more rational view, it is much easier to believe the story that is logical, and is the most probable possibility, but inevitably that solution is just dull.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
this guy has a good idea on how thay were built.
watch the video at the bottom of the page.
titled Backyard Stonehenge

www.exn.ca.../17/2004#

and his web site.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

Oh, and he also uses a variation of his technique to move a pole barn by himeself over 300 feet

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join