It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why couldn't humans have built the pyramids?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
why can't we just attribute this to humans until actual evidence to the contrary springs up?

does anyone have any actual evidence to support the influence of an outside source on the construction of the pyramids?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
to me it isent a question of if humans built them (but of how they built them) It sure would have been nice of them to leave blue prints for posparity.
Ps the Pyramids have nothing on the stone blocks that = 7 or 8 of one pyramid stone and made out of granit to boot . Pluse not even a clue as to made them or why.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't think there is any question of people building the,. The question is when and how ere they build. There are amany intresting competing theories. If you search this site you will probably find all sorts of theories from cooky to plausible.

D

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As Madnessinmysoul said, it's not the question of if humans built them, but of how.

Personally, I'm beginning to lean towards the theory that the Egyptians used kites to build the monoliths and pyramids.

I was quite skeptical of it at first, until I saw the videos of people actually trying to recreate the efforts using materials that were available at the time.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
exactly, why does there have to be divine or extraterrestrial intervention for the pyramids? why couldn't some guy have thought "maybe i can have people build this giant pointy thing so that i'll be remembered for a really long time?" ????

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's funny how just about every Egyptian archaelogists will say it's an insult when anyone suggests the possibility of someone other than the Egyptians building the pyramids or that the Egyptians were guided by someone.

I think that statement would be offensive to all non-egyptians because basically they believe that only Egyptians using simply copper tools, ropes, water can build such a thing.

There's a lot of evidence that suggests the pyramids were around for over 10,000 years. In my opinion I think when the egyptian civilzation started they decided to turn the already ancient pyramids into tombs. The pyramids served as an inspiration for their culture. I read somewhere that there are hundreds of pyramids but none even comes close to the complexity of the big 3.

I also read about when the South American pyramids were first discovered, the natives said the pyramids were already ancient and built by giants (very interesting) and had proof. It was later determined that the giant bone they had belonged to a mammoth (also interesting because it makes you wonder what the weather was like). Sorry...too tired to locate those links.

In other words...I think humans created the pyramids...I just think we had help or were very advanced long ago. My opinion of course..

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by j619pinoyI think that statement would be offensive to all non-egyptians because basically they believe that only Egyptians using simply copper tools, ropes, water can build such a thing.

Incidently, that's all you need too. For example, using only ropes, sand and simple wood constructions to lift a stone up a pyramid under construction. Just drag it right over the pyramid, add some counterweight and the only work you have to do is to empty and repeat. Its easier to carry a bucket of sand than it is lifting a 10 ton stone slab

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Humans built it. We are capable of some pretty amazing things folks, look at Manhattan. I do believe the pyramids and Sphinx is older than we believed, and the people that did it were much smarter than we give them credit for. I guess the big three are testament to this fact. The idea of aliens or giants is a little silly. I think we would have found much more evidence of this by now. That or it is being repressed, but I doubt that.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
the problem is that the more technology we have the dumber, and less skilled, we get..........back then they had what they had.........maybe they had outside help, but people have proven that you can build pyramids with the simple things they had.......maybe indeed they didnt build the big 3, but they more then likely built the rest..........look around at old greek and roman archecture..this was done with simple tools ....we use machines now ....you would have to search for along time to end up only finding a few workers skilled enough to make such intricate stuff with only very primitive type tools......

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Since I first found interest in this stuff, I've gone around to literally dozens of Pyramid and Architecture web sites, and found pretty much the same message. People did it. Yeah-sure, the "alien" factor falls into the mix from time to time, but those with the paper to back them up, say it was good ol fashion smarts and elbow grease.

As far as finding the people to do the same job today, you'd be surprised. designing this stuff on paper is 'cake' to any serious architect, and even finding the labor isn't that hard. The hard part is paying for it! One estimate puts the current cost of just ONE pyramid at an astounding TEN BILLION dollars.

van

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The Great pyramid was built in a period of about 20 years. It contains approx. 2 million blocks of stone. This comes out to placing one block in perfect position every 5 minutes for that 20 year period. As the blocks weigh about 2 tons apiece, I find i very hard to believe that anyone could complete such a task without very advanced techniques. Call it aliens or atlanteans, whatever you want, but there is no freaking way they did it themselves.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I agree that humans built it but what was the purpose? The land around them is pretty harsh and i'm sure the shape of the pyramid helped with wind storms and what not. It's still standing today. Could it have been used for other reasons? I'm sure...aliens...I thought that's what we were. Cause we sure don't know how to protect and use our natural resources. Humans are the cancer of the world. It's a sad thought...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I dunno IMO its more like, where did they come up with the idea. Like randomly did some egyptian guy just look up and say,"...pyramids!!" It just seems kind of random, I mean, we have super advance tech and it doesnt compare to theirs.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i say it was just a way to display power and have someone remembered for all eternity, though i am open to discussion about why it wasn't just humans...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by van
The Great pyramid was built in a period of about 20 years. It contains approx. 2 million blocks of stone. This comes out to placing one block in perfect position every 5 minutes for that 20 year period. As the blocks weigh about 2 tons apiece, I find i very hard to believe that anyone could complete such a task without very advanced techniques. Call it aliens or atlanteans, whatever you want, but there is no freaking way they did it themselves.

You have to also take into account that some of the center blocks of the pyramids weigh over hundreds of tons. Only in the last half century have we had cranes that could lift over 100 tons.

There are so many facts stating how it is impossible even today to create a pyramid even today - even though folks are quick to (truthfully) say how advanced the people of ancient Egypt were - it was far beyond their capabilities. The tooling of some of the blocks was done with machines that we do not have today (for example...diamond-tipped drills capaple of thousands of RPMs)

Just look at the math! Clearly the pyramids were build to exacting standards.
But what were those standards? Egyptian fractions, an exact form of remainder mathematics did not appear until some point following 2150 BC, well after the last pyramid was built.

If you haven't read it, I really recommend checking out a book called The Stargate Conspiracy (available at your bookstore, library, or .here. There's a good deal of rather unrelated mash in the book...but the facts uncovered are in themselves really thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by van

So what's odd about it? We are talking MANY workers here... A continous stream of stones isnt odd at all. Even in our age, we are talking 3000+ workers for a large skyscraper. Add a couple of zero's to that, and you'll get quite the workforce... The effort to construct the pyramids would probably equal around 200 million US citizens going to help build it.

And dont forget that they had practice. The first time you build something, its gonna take alot of time... And you're going to fail. But after a dozen times, you should know the drill and be able to do it many times faster.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
yea merka, good point. all these farmers would go to work for the pharoh in the period between the end of harvest and the beginning of planting.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I know, or so I've read, that Egyptians thought of their Pharaoh as being a God or like a God. I seriously doubt that any civilization will devote so much resources into building 3 enormous pyramids that would be used simply as tombs. Like someone said earlier…” Clearly the pyramids were build to exacting standards.”

I don’t care if you have a billion people working on the pyramid, how are you going build something that exact without mathematics? What about people tending to their farms, families, and even the military?

In other words, a civilization that didn’t have any formal skills in mathematics, using only copper tools, wood, rope, water, had enough people and resources to build 3 enormous pyramids while still able to work on their crops and protect the area from invaders…built the pyramids?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When people can not conceive of an unknown they tend to contribute it to the supernatural. That is not to say that it IS actually other-worldly, but rather that it is outside of the realm which we BELIEVE to be possible.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
When people can not conceive of an unknown they tend to contribute it to the supernatural. That is not to say that it IS actually other-worldly, but rather that it is outside of the realm which we BELIEVE to be possible.

In other words you're saying that people like to say 'aliens' when we don't believe in ourselves.

I say that there's a mountain of evidence that supports the theory of other-worldly influence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join