It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, has this happened to anyone ever?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've had what I call "Deja Vu" dreams almost My whole life now. I am 32, & when it started happening when I was 6 years old, it kinda freaked Me out.

What happens, is I have a dream, usually nothing special just seeing life happening, but it hasn't happened yet. Then, 3 days, 2 weeks, 4 months, or a year down the road, I walk into that same exact thing that I had already dreamed.

Example : When I was 12, I dreamed that Me & My step-father were driving down a long long road, but nothing was being said, & I heard the thrum of the road in the dream. Now, that was a pretty lame example, but it's the only one I remember now. Well, I think it was 3 months later, it happened, we were driving down a major road out to the middle of no where, driving down that same road, everything was exacltly the same as the dream.

I'm just waiting to dream something exciting, like Me storming into a burning building to save someone or something. lol

[edit on 12-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What I beleive you are having is pre-cognitive dreams rather then dajavu. I have had them all of my life. I dream events exactly as they happen. One expample is a visit to an amusement park with my family. Within a couple of days there was a phone call from my aunt planning a family trip to a local amusement park and the events unfolded exactly the way I had dreamed them. On a sad note, I dreamed the death of my best friend when I was only 16 in addition to deaths of other people I've known. When I was younger I developed a fear of my dreams because of this. As I grew older I learned to tell the difference between the types of dreams I have and usually know when they are precogs.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
As far as i know, there can be two explanations to this phenomenon.

Either you have some precognition capability that "talks" to you during your sleep time.

Or these are tricks of your mind.

Sometimes it has happened to me, too. Sometimes i had some slight precognition (well, actually, instead of dreaming something or some situations, i "felt" them during a dream), some others it was just my mind playing some trick...

Still, i've always found both cases pretty curious and interesting

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thanks for commenting, let's keep this thread going as long as possible.

Just as an FYI, I did mention...I called them "Deja Vu" dreams, but if there's another name, that's cool. This may be precognative skills I didn't know I have, & I also just read a large article about "Astral Traveling" & it sounded like something similar to these dreams I've had.

I'm going to read the book on Astral Traveling, & see when & where I can go in this Big Ole World.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I also have experience with astral travel. Some people astral travel while they are sleeping and aren't even aware of it. Dreams where you are flying, falling or jumping is one sign of astral travel. Also when you have a very good night sleep but you wake up feeling exhausted is another clue. I suggest you approach this with caution since the astral plane is full of negative energies. In your research, find a form of protection that works for you and make sure you protect yourself with your method before you fall asleep or attempt astral travel.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ChristyZ]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i have had many, including close animals dying unexpectedly and things like that. Sometimes its about a conversation that happend in my dream, exactly the same wording throughout.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Astral Travels i think are quite different. Haven't managed to experience one, yet, but as far as i've learnt, they are more about self-awareness than predicting future...

Still, unless i'm mistaken, during such travels time doesn't exist, it is all a huge present (in fact, some are able to see and re-experience past lives), so i think it may be possible to travel in the future.

But someone here more experienced than me should correct or confirm what i've said, since i'm not too sure about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have deja vu dreams all the time and they usually involve my hands around the exwifes throat. Still aint happened though. Seriously though I have had a number of these type of thing although I cant recall any specifics right now but they do give ya the creeps. I just call em deja vu dreams cause the occurences I first saw in a dream and then when they happened I pretty much said"whoa deja vu"
thats my 2 pennies.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Astral Travels i think are quite different. Haven't managed to experience one, yet, but as far as i've learnt, they are more about self-awareness than predicting future...

Still, unless i'm mistaken, during such travels time doesn't exist, it is all a huge present (in fact, some are able to see and re-experience past lives), so i think it may be possible to travel in the future.

But someone here more experienced than me should correct or confirm what i've said, since i'm not too sure about it.

Yes you can experience past lives in dreams. There are several ways to tell if you are experiencing a past life memory. Sometimes you are you in the dream but you look much differently and are wearing clothing from another period. Another is if you dream in the third person and you are seeing yourself as differnt then who you are now. Another way is if you are dreaming of someone in your life now but they are not the same person as in your dream. You can also receive messages for angels, spirit guides and loved ones who have passed in your dreams. It is more common to have a visitation during your dream state because loved ones know you would be fearful if they just materialized before your eyes. They do not want to scare you but just give you validation they are there or send a message. If you are open to this type of communication and begin to meditate regularly and release all fear, then they will approach you while you are awake or during meditations. It takes some time to develop this.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Crazy, I just typed up - essentially - an answer to your question on another post in this very forum.

What are the odds, eh?

For my comfort and convenience, MOST of what I posted will pasted here.

Trust me, I've had dreams about the future... unfortunately for me, they're always really boring dreams.

Most recent was just this Saturday - which was great, as it felt like I was starting to lose this ability (it's been happening with decreasing regularity since Grade 9 - I am now 2nd year University). I met with a person I only knew on the internet, and after a wargame we went to eat wings. Whilst we were talking, I realized that I had had a dream about that, with the content that we were talking about - but since I had never seen the guy, I had just assumed it was a regular dream at the time.

So while my "future dreams" may be rather pathetic - it does occasionally help. For example, in my dream, whilst we were talking, I ended up going on a tangent and really confusing him. An ability I was able to master in Grade 8 (whilst these future dreams occured with massive regularity to the point I almost hated it) was to change the outcome of what happened in my dream and what happens in real life. Thus, I was able to change what I said, and we finished our conversation.

I've got a lot to say on the subject of future dreams, since they've occured to me so many times in my life - even if the events I dream of and when they happen aren't that important. Their mere existance has allowed me to come up with an awesome theory for how the universe works.

For example - if I have these dreams, and they come true, wouldn't that mean that there's Fate? However, when the time comes, since I can CHANGE what happens - then that means there's no Fate. However, how could I possibly know what is going to happen 6 months to a year in advance? Especially with people's appearances that I have never met, or with places I had never seen?

The answer? Different quantum universes. Every action that can happen will happen. If a photon has a quantum probability (caused by when/where/what direction the emitting photon releases it at) of going through one slit or another, there is a seperate quantum universe where that, and only that, is different. Of course, since there are nearly an infinite number of quantum possibilities for the near-infinite number of quantum interactions that occur in our nearly infinite universe every day for a nearly infinite amount of time... that means there's an almost perfectly infinite number of universes out there. Also, don't forget that different quantum probabilities for those universes also take place (so, yes, there is a universe where Hitler took over... but there's also another one where he became the world's most popular talk-show host).

So when I have a future dream, my spirit has actually travelled to a similar quantum universe. Thus, I am actually seeing a PROBABLE future, rather than the ACTUAL future.

-Yarium

This is where I'll change off a little bit.

THERE IS NO REASON TO BE SCARED BY THIS!

In fact, you should consider it a blessing. It means that your soul is in close contact with your body - for whatever reason (I don't know if this is caused by stress or by relaxation in a person's general life... maybe there's a research potential there...).

However, unless you can learn to lucidly control your dreams, you will not be able to control what and where you see in the future. Hell, I don't even know what to do once you're dreaming lucidly to initiate a future dream. All I can say is that, if I were you now - like I was back in Grade 8 - I would try to take this opportunity as seriously as possible. NOW is the time to learn to dream lucidly and - once lucid - learning how to initiate these future dreams of your own accord. And once you have that, I'm sure you'll be able to choose where and when you view the future - so you can see when problems will arise, or when you can win the lottery.

Just don't go mad with power now, okay?

-Yarium

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
this is one of my feilds of expertise fate and signs of such pertaining to dreams
now i do not dream anymore but go todash that is a term i borrowed from
the book series the dark tower which by the way i suggest everyone here on ats read.there are many facts and self studies that i use to make my theories.unfortunately i do not usually have the honour of calling them dreams for very rarely do i get a good one.usually involve things unmentionable.anyway the way it works because in many cases i remem,ber the exact dream that i had where the reference to the moment came from.what they mean i am stillm working on.just know that everything that we know is but a slice of the pie to what is actually going on.Do not listen to anyone but hear what they say.......
it can be a wall an object person or spoken word.think of it this way.we are bound too much to physical form and that whole way of thinking.
and we believe in time.time does not exist unless we make it.i am only 24 but have travelled and seeked information forever it seems sometimes
now the basic use of the brain of a human being gives them the ability to remember backwards to things that have happened this is common so many believe that this is all that we can do.this is very very far from the truth.i have seen much of my life and know what is to come in a way.its very complicated and my very limited amount of understanding acn barely handle all that happens to me..........let me just say that it is both a gift and
burden focus on using your frontal lobe and try to shake up your brain patterns.training through self experimentation is the best way to go
oh and on a second note there is nothing normal about any of my dreams they are realms beyond that which most would believe...........same goes for my actual life.....it gets hard for me sometimes.....

[edit on 13-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well, sometimes i receive perceptions during my wake time, that allow me to feel how a certain situation is going to evolve.

Usually i have perceptions about "unpleasant" things, and as toraylin said, sometimes they are a gift, some others they are a burden. I could say they are both at the same time, because on one hand they allow me to be prepared to what's going to happend, on the other one i know that it's not going to be nice. Still i like this, because i prefer to know that something nasty is going to happend me, instead of being blindly "smacked in the face".

But now i wonder... why don't i ever "foresee" the numbers of lotto??!!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
see the way it works in some circles of thinking is that we are all part of some universal puppet system in a menner of speaking we are spiritual machines being controlled by something greater than us now.as far as lotto numbers go this is a mundane part of our figmented reality of cars and money which to most is all they know there fore putting much of their understanding into this system.now even though we think that our lives at
work school and talking are just what they seem but actually its part of an intricate web of events.remember we are all on our own timeline and course of events time should not be distributed so loosely and equaly
this is where alot of quantum physics has to be applied.what our true intent is.and that is of our alderman state.will come forth in our actions and foresight so my friend in short.the reason i believe you dont see the
lotto numbers is due to the fact that they dont exsist in the real world and only in our greedy little scociety(which i believe is completly garbage)
this is a very loose discription of what really needs to be told
these are just my opinions

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
These could be cognative dreams ... or ... something else ... ... Do you ever have the same dream twice or ALOT more times then this ... ???

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've had those all my life and I'm only 23. It use to freak me out, but now I just take it in stride and it doesn't bother me. I just pay close attention to the "dream" and when I find myself going through it, I will try to change the outcome of the situation.

For example. A couple of months ago, I dreamt that I was in the car riding home from a dinner outing with my family. In the car was my mama, stepdad, my son, and myself. Anyway in the dream we got into an accident and my parents we seriously injured. The thing of it is we were going down a long dark road without barely any lights except for the ones on the cars passing us.

Last month I found myself relieving this and I told my mama to keep watch and that I had had a "dream" about this. Nothing happened, thank God. We all arrived home safe and sound.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When I was young I used to experience Dejavu regularly. I could never understand what it was all about, then when I went on my first trip to the Northern Territory (Aust) a couple of times I was in a situation that I could not possibly have experienced before as I had never been there and it really made me wonder. A couple of years later when travelling in Asia for the first time I experienced dejavu and was then convinced that I had dreamed "my future".

In my twenties the experiences started to happen less frequently and now I'm in my forties and hardly ever have a dejavu episode.

I believe that perhaps we are born with cognitive abilities and are able to use them when young and innocent but as we get older and receive no "training" in increasing our cognitive abilities this special gift "disappears".

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee

When I was young I used to experience Dejavu regularly. I could never understand what it was all about, then when I went on my first trip to the Northern Territory (Aust) a couple of times I was in a situation that I could not possibly have experienced before as I had never been there and it really made me wonder. A couple of years later when travelling in Asia for the first time I experienced dejavu and was then convinced that I had dreamed "my future".

In my twenties the experiences started to happen less frequently and now I'm in my forties and hardly ever have a dejavu episode.

I believe that perhaps we are born with cognitive abilities and are able to use them when young and innocent but as we get older and receive no "training" in increasing our cognitive abilities this special gift "disappears".

I believe that all of us have these Cognitive Abilities but ... we do not teach our kids how to use them .... Maybe your parents are able to use them ??? Have you asked them ... We speak around are kids .. hence the reason that they eventually catch on ... Could this be the same way with are other 10% of our brain that we don't ever use ... We do so much with our brain think about the % we don't even touch .. and how much use it could be if we could learn to use it ?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In my twenties the experiences started to happen less frequently and now I'm in my forties and hardly ever have a dejavu episode

I totally agree . When I was younger I had quite a few deja-vu and astral projection episodes that couldn't be explained otherwise. They still occur nowadays but are few and far between.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I didn't know I was going to inspire so many people to talk about this subject. I was just curious if anyone shared what I have had, what I call "Deja Vu" dreams, I had no intention of getting a major discussion going on the topic.

Guess that's cool, & welcome to the thread for anyone new to it.

To the person asking if I've had one dream, or has it been several dreams of the same exact nature. No, usually it's just the one dream for Me. Don't know why. I think I did say, that it used to spook Me, not that I'm still scared by them. They've been happening less & less frequently, & I'd like to actually get them to start happening more often.

No, not so I can win the Lottery...lol, so I can help change Man's Destiny, & maybe use it to stop the New World Order.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I can control my dreams to NO extent .... I can do whatever i want to in them .. But I cannot rewind or fast forward or anything like a movie .. But I can change scenes .. be whereever I want to be ... as so forth .. I wonder if I could ever ... Prject myself out of my body ... or ... Possibly get dreams that are Cognitive ..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join