It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Hoax

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo

Originally posted by No1tovote4
Here is a website that explains and debunks much of the "Apollo Hoax" theory. As well as other more mundane scientific myths.

www.badastronomy.com...

Beautiful.....please make check payable to Phil Plait.

Excellent! Ad Hominem attacks are a logical fallacy that do not disprove what the site explains with verifiable data.

www.don-lindsay-archive.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

(3)It was important in 69 because we have never been there and the US was competing with Russia. It was called the space race. What would we need to go to the moon for now? There is nothing to see.

Here is an intersting thing that they need to go to the moon. You could get diamond on just the surface of the moon.
science.howstuffworks.com...

another thing. Its human nature to to continue to improve and try better thing to do. example you will never hear a good engineer saying that they cant do this thing and NASA said to have the on of the top engineers in the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There are far too many coincidences and excuses for the space program,
the "Shepeople" can beleive what they want, the fact is that they are decieved.

How is it so hard to understand that either NASA is Incompetent or liars, Incompentent because they have only gone backward with the space program.
They said they went to the moon in 1969 and are currently having problems 200 miles above.
After 35 years you would think they could build a better spacecraft, all they have done is waste money with a very flawed program or what I beleive to be a deception.

For those that disagree with the repeated 13's, please show me what other numbers are used as often by simply looking at the date and adding the time.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how some individuals love to cry HOAX yet at the same time have very little understanding of the history and science behind the great space challenge. Doesnt anyone study physics anymore??? or History???

getting off planet Earth is not a simple matter, and before you form an opinion it is always best to learn what you can in order to avoid the pitfalls of misunderstanding the situation.

NASA is a large group of individuals who have dedicated their lives to furthering mans knowledge of the cosmos. Unfortunately, as in any large bureaucracy, there have been a number of poor decisions, but before you shout HOAX you should consider what the purpose of such a hoax would be and if there is any actual evidence to back up such a claim. It is fairly simple for one person to keep a lie, more difficult for two people to keep a lie, and next to impossible for a large number of people to keep a lie when they are under public and scientific scrutiny.

There is a great deal of information available on all things NASA and I suggest people do their homework and actually study the subject well before they make unfounded claims. I for one applaud NASA and all Space Agencies for continuing to deliver to the world such an amazing array of new discoveries in a world full of nay sayers and budget killers.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You're talking about using a ship designed for ONE flight as compared to one designed for MANY flights. It's "easy" to design and operate a ship that has a single use ceramic heat shield as compared to one that uses heat tiles that can be damaged easier.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
There are far too many coincidences and excuses for the space program,
the "Shepeople" can beleive what they want, the fact is that they are decieved.

The fact is that every item of "proof" you've suggested or hinted at has either been debunked or explained away.

As far as numbers go...

Let's take June 7th. 7 + 6 = 13

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Apollo 13, named "Aquarius" (new age) at 1:13 (1313 military time) on April 13, 1970
The current Discovery mission was first set for launch July 13th, the raindate originally was set for the 31rst(a backward 13)
It was launched on July 26, (2 x 13) 13 days later at 10:39am 1 + 0 + 3 + 9 = 13 Is all this coincidental ?

You wanted examples of what other numbers besides 13 are repeated so much. Well lets just look at your example above.

Apollo 13, the 4th manned Apollo mission in 69 -:- 4 + 13 = 17
April 13 -:- the 13th day of the 4th month: 13 + 4 = 17
1970 -:- 1+9+7+0 = 17
Launched at 13:13 -:- 13 + 1 + 3 = 17

Discovery mission
The 114th STS mission, the first mission this year and the first since the last disaster -:- 11 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17
Launched July 26 with 7 astronauts using 2 booster rockets : 2 + 6 + 7 + 2 = 17
Cmdr Eileen Collins is in charge of the shuttle: number of letters in name = 17
Stephen Robinson performed 2 space walks, 15 letters in name: 15 + 2 = 17
At 11:09 p.m. Mission control woke Astonauts by playing "Amarillo By Morning" the 114th all time ranked country song : 1+ 1 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 17

Woo 17, what a spooky number!!

You can arrive at any number from whatever set of numbers, dates, etc., you start with. It's meaningless and it's a really daft method to base any beliefs on.

Are you catching on yet?

[edit on 3-8-2005 by CatHerder]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Rug-Burn

Glass-Burn

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
To the naysayers concerning numbers, the 13's go far beyond NASA, show me what major company logo has a 17 in it ?
13's or 3's are on almost every package of the "MAJOR" Brands (owned by the ELITE, for the ELITE has all the wealth and own the largest companies)

show me a 17 on the back of a dollar, there are 13's all over it, WHY ?

A year is composed of 52 weeks, 4 x 13

Our alphabet is composed of 26 letters 2 x 13

Only the 13th floor will you find omitted from tall buildings, WHY ?

Friday the 13th is considered to be a day of bad luck, WHY ?

Halloween, a day for witchcraft is the 31rst, a backward 13
13 is the first "teen"

Jesus and the 12 Disciples = 13

In the last days The Dragon, The Beast, and the False Prophet (3) along with the 10 Kings shall rule the World, this is the greater significance of the number 13, for it fortells of the coming Horrors.

Find me any numbers other than 3 or 13 in the logo of the major sports teams.

I could go on with many other proofs of the number 13, but it would be getting to far off subject

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

And? The Somali alphabet has 30....the Armenian has 38....Icelandic has 32....

Because people are supersticious, generally relating to the 13 present at the Last Supper. People are also suspicious of black cats, four leaf clovers, wearing white after Labor Day, stepping on cracks, walking under ladders....and none of these relate to predicting disasters or the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Because people are supersticious, generally relating to the 13 present at the Last Supper. People are also suspicious of black cats, four leaf clovers, wearing white after Labor Day, stepping on cracks, walking under ladders....and none of these relate to predicting disasters or the end of the world

It most certainly does, on the back of the dollar, where you will find a series of 13's, you will also find that the words translated clearly refer to a soon coming "New Order Of Ages"
Why would someone put that statement on the back of the dollar ?
Past Presidents have often refered to the New World Order, which is almost here.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I love watching logical scientific posters debate with superstitious new age posters.

one side never listens to the other, and nothing is ever accomplished.

except we are all exposed to ATS banner ads on a daily basis

The nasa hoax camp reminds me of the folks that think OJ is innocent. The defense wanted you to believe the police were so intelligent and organized and effecient, they could coordinate a massive conspiracy overnight, with not one leak, AND the were so incompetent, they couldn't gather a shred of evidence without contaminating it.

huh ?

NASA can't put men on the moon, but they can pull of the biggest hoax of all time.

I'd argue its probably MORE DIFFICULT to hoax it than to actually do it

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo
Rug-Burn

Glass-Burn

the earth surrounds the glass sphere ?

huh ?

then how did the apollo craft and shuttles get "glass burn" exactly ?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

the earth surrounds the glass sphere ?

huh ?

then how did the apollo craft and shuttles get "glass burn" exactly ?

I over-estimated your understanding in my theory. Going back to our discussion in BTS a couple monhs ago, I thought you already understood I believe that the earth is inverted and we live on the inside surface, so space and all celestial bodies are located INSIDE the cavernous earth. Was I wrong? Did you still think I thought the earth was a spinning spheriod with us living ON its' surface?

I made this point ptretty clear. The second paragraph of the inital post:

Can Someone Explain Why There is not Glass in the Atmosphere?
Before I get into the topic I'd like to give a brief background of my beliefs. This topic was discussed in a previous thread but nobody seemed to answer the question satisfactory enough to prove that there isn't glass up in the sky.

I came to the conclusion 2 years ago that the entire universe is merely contained within the walls of an inverted earth, which is not solid but only a shell in which we live on the inside surface.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Did you see this?

jra

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well I don't have the time to go through everything that Lastday Prophet quoted from William Cooper, but this one really stands out as being flawed.

The same laws of physics apply to any vehicle traveling through space. NASA claims that the spacecraft was slowly rotated causing the shadowed side to be cooled by the intense cold of space... an intense cold that DOES NOT EXIST. In fact the only thing that could have been accomplished by a rotation of the spacecraft is a more even and constant heating such as that obtained by rotating a hot dog on a spit. In reality a dish called Astronaut a la Apollo would have been served. At the very least you would not want to open the hatch upon the crafts return.

Have you ever gone outside on a sunny day Lastday Prophet? Have you ever noticed how when you're in the shade, it's generally cooler than when you're standing directly in the sun? Although it's still warm in the shade only because the air around you has been heated by the sun. You take away that warm air and then you'll probably feel very cool in that shade. Same thing applies to night and day. Durring a summer day it can get really hot, while at night the temperature can drop a fair bit. Perhaps you noticed this before?

In space, with the lack of an atmosphere around you, everything that's directly facing the sun gets hot, while anything in the shade get's very cold. The slowly rotating Apollo spacecraft would not get cooked. The only reason why a rotisserie works is because the air around it is also hot. But this William Cooper guy seems to have forgotten that there is no air in space.

About this number stuff. I see the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 every day! Fear the numbers! they're all evil!
... or something...

Oh and I was born on Nov. 2nd. 11 + 2 = 13 ... oh no i'm evil! Run for the hills!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What about the air-conditioned spacesuits, what a joke.
None of this still gets around the "FACT" that 35 years later the space program is riddled with problems and only wastes money.

I could care less about outerspace, we have enough problems with innerspace that we can not solve.

It's like taking a cruise to California while your house in New York is on fire, "BRILLIANT" they are, real rocket scientist.

How foolish are we to spend billions with NASA, while many children starve, many are without healthcare, many unemployed and the list goes on.

Don't hand me the crap that all this technology was derived from NASA, it cannot be proven, as I said earlier all you can do is quote what "THEY" (THE ELITE) have brainwashed you to beleive.

Do some research, you will find that before the Berlin Wall was torn down, 1/3 of the people worked for and were spies of the government, they had hidden cameras and listening devices everywhere, so it does not surprise me that this conspiracy could be perpretrated by hundreds of thousands of people, some are unsuspecting pawns and really have no clue that they are part of the deception for they themselves are decieved.

Here is another link that verifies the usage of numbers and symbols

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Don't hand me the crap that all this technology was derived from NASA, it cannot be proven, as I said earlier all you can do is quote what "THEY" (THE ELITE) have brainwashed you to beleive.

Humour me. Please just answer one little question for me?

Did you actually read any of the links or information posted?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You - just - don't - get it. . .

Thirteen is the 6th smallest prime number; the next is seventeen. 13 - 6 = 7 -- wow 13 is a lucky number!!

To the naysayers concerning numbers, the 13's go far beyond NASA, show me what major company logo has a 17 in it ?

TEAM17 - 2nd largest entertainment software company ever.

Microsoft has released 17 versions of Office, the world's best selling software package, Microsft made 17 different versions of DOS, Microsoft has 17 top executives, 17 head offices, and 17 private aircraft. 17 of the world's richest people are from Microsoft.

13's or 3's are on almost every package of the "MAJOR" Brands (owned by the ELITE, for the ELITE has all the wealth and own the largest companies)

Nonsense! What is on the back of the dollar are sets of numbers that equal 17! 13 + 1 + 3 = 17 !

17 is eeeeeverywhere! I still don't think you get it.

Ludicrous!!! 52 weeks equals 1 year. 52 - 1 = 51 and 51 / 3 = 17 !!
OMG!! 17, it's everywhere you look!

Crazyness!! 26 letters in the alphabet, 5 are vowels, 14 letters have vertical lines: 26 - 14 + 5 = 17

Wow! 17 is everywhere!!! Catching on yet?

Because loony people like you wouldn't want to go to that floor? Yet 13 is a HIGHLY lucky number in most asian societies, anything with 3's is considered very lucky... Travel to asia and tell me how many buildings lack the 13th floor. Over a billion chinese people can't be wrong...

And besides, do you REALLY think the 14th floor is above a vacant spot in a building where the elevators don't say 13?

Friday the 13th is considered to be a day of bad luck, WHY

Some say the number 13 was purposely vilified by the priests of patriarchal religions because it represented femininity. Thirteen corresponded to the number of lunar (menstrual) cycles in a year, and the number was revered in prehistoric goddess-worshipping cultures. Many biblical events of negative import supposedly occurred on a Friday, including the ejection of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden, the start of the Great Flood, and the crucifixion of Jesus.

It's all SUPERSTITION.

13 is the first "teen"

Halloween is a day for kids to get free candy. It's not a day for witchcraft.

Yes Jesus is EVIL! EVIL! EVIL!!! Spawn of Satan!

the LorD XezVs ChrIstos
D + C= 600
L + X = 60
V + I = __6

Do you see yet how any daft use of numbers can arrive at ANY conclusion?

In the last days The Dragon, The Beast, and the False Prophet (3) along with the 10 Kings shall rule the World, this is the greater significance of the number 13, for it fortells of the coming Horrors.

Revelations 17
17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
7 Heads and 10 horns = 17 !!

What??

Huston Colt 45's

Monstreal Expors - 17 stitches on top of baseball

Nikerbocker Nine - first MLB team ever

Adelaide 36ers

Vancouver 86ers

Australian Rugby: Aalborg Kangaroos (7 on logo)

Now, I could post more, but I do see where you're arriving at "13" in sports logos. But once again it's just twisted logic on your part. The Philadelphia 76ers (7+6 = 13) but then again 7-6=1... Or the SanFrancisco 49ers where 4+9=13, but once again 9-4=5. So how the hell does 76 or 49 have to equal 13? It ONLY equals 13 because you WANT it to arrive at 13.

I could go on with many other proofs of the number 13, but it would be getting to far off subject

Hey feel free, you left so far off reality about 30 line back anyway. I still see you JUST DO NOT GET IT. All your BS methods of arriving at 13 using dates, times, etc is just that *BS*. You see I got to 17 using the SAME bs method. Surely you're intelligent enough to see that? No?

Regardless of what numbers you use to get to 13, I can use your same examples to get to ANY number I want to get to. Don't you understand this?

This was a very entertaining excercise for me.

jra

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What about the air-conditioned spacesuits, what a joke.
None of this still gets around the "FACT" that 35 years later the space program is riddled with problems and only wastes money.

I'll get to the space suit thing later. But lets talk about money. NASA only gets about 15 billion or so for it's budget right now. I think the war on terror has cost over 300 billion, so what's more of a waste, killing people or science? War in general wastes lots of money. Now I agree that NASA has become a bloated bureaucratic agency, but compaired to other things it doesn't waste that much money at all.

I could care less about outerspace, we have enough problems with innerspace that we can not solve.

Yes we certainly do have a lot of problems we can not solve. And we may never solve them at all.

It's like taking a cruise to California while your house in New York is on fire, "BRILLIANT" they are, real rocket scientist.

Ummm I don't think that's a good analogy at all... It's actually really bad, sorry. But i'll play along. So when the settlers from Europe came to the New World, should they have insted, fixed all there problems back in there Countries before starting new colonies else where? If they did that, we wouldn't be sitting here right now.

How foolish are we to spend billions with NASA, while many children starve, many are without healthcare, many unemployed and the list goes on.

Yes there is lots of unemployment, but how do you create jobs? You create an industry. What is NASA? It's an industry and the further we advance in space and techology, more possibilities open up, that could defiantely create more jobs. But you'd rather shut NASA down and basicly the entire US space industry, yeah brilliant, let's create more unemployment

Yes it can be proven and has countless times already. The FACT is, is that you don't want to believe it. Sad but true.

Do some research, you will find that before the Berlin Wall was torn down, 1/3 of the people worked for and were spies of the government, they had hidden cameras and listening devices everywhere, so it does not surprise me that this conspiracy could be perpretrated by hundreds of thousands of people, some are unsuspecting pawns and really have no clue that they are part of the deception for they themselves are decieved.

Spying is one thing, keeping a secret about the moon landings and all of that is very differnt. I don't think it really compares at all.

Now about the space suits. Firstly I really don't understand what this William Cooper is saying in the first place. For example.

1) The amount of water needed to be carried by the astronauts in order to make this work for even a very small length of time in the direct 55 degrees over the boiling point of water (210 degrees F at sea level on Earth) heat of the sun could not have possibly been carried by the astronauts.

How about some actual data. It's easy to say "it could not have possibly been carried by the astronauts", but I'd like to see some reasons why not. Does Mr. Cooper know how much water each astronaut carried? How fast it was used up? He just seems to make wild claims with out saying why.

2) NASA has since claimed that they found ice in moon craters. NASA claims that ice sheltered from the direct rays of the sun will NOT evaporate destroying their own bogus "air conditioning" explanation.

How does that 'destroy' their bogus air conditioning explination? I don't get it. Is he trying to say that since there is ice in the craters and hasn't evaporated, that the water from the suits should not have evaporated either? If that's what he's saying, then he's really confused. The reason why the ice in the craters doesn't evaporate is because it's in the shade, which Mr. Cooper even pointed out. The Apollo Astronauts spent most of the time in the sunlight. Thus the reason why the water evaporated.

EDIT: Great post CatHerder. I would give you a vote, but apparently I already did this month

[edit on 4-8-2005 by jra]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

:yawn:

George Washington was first president and the number one or letter one appears 16 times on all one dollar bills. 1+16=17

No, a year is composed of 52 and 1/7or2/7 weeks.

:yawn:

No

Because you are superstitous and are stubborn enough not to investigate origins.

13 is the first "teen"

More irrelevence.

Jesus wasn't real.

I didn't read the Lord of the Rings, which book is this from?

'Stros logo is a star with 10 sides.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join