It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New planet discovered? (Planet X?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
light is used in various techniques

Although the planet’s brightness is known, estimating its size requires knowing what fraction of incident light it reflects. Infrared observations could provide that information, but the planet was too faint and cold for the Spitzer Space Telescope to spot.

Link

[edit on 30-7-2005 by klain]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Some people call Pluto a planet...some don't. I think the people calling this a planet are just screaming out that there needs to be a reform of what we define as a planet, and I do agree.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny0rder
colors lmao. so what happens when we find a planet that is a certain color, but it is made of something not found here on earth? guess we will be wrong then right?

This kind of reminds me of a science book i saw that tells the different layers of the sun. Like this fusedweb.pppl.gov...

yet.. no one has any evidence that the sun has a core, or layers. And there is no way to back up these claims. No one on earth will ever get close enough to find out... Yet they teach it in schools.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Deny0rder]

Most elements past 115 only last for minuscule microseconds and are man made, doubt wether there is a planet made up of an unknown element.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What surprises me, is that no one has commented in the conspiracy behind this discovery to keep it hidden from the public. This is a conspiracy site after all. What conspiracy you ask?? Well, this discovery was kept hidden from the public for YEARS by the discoverer and was not made public until some hackers came across the information and threatened to go public with it if the discoverer did not. Here is the link:

www.theinquirer.net...
SlashDot fans have already read about this. ATS should post this at the top of the forum.
What were they so concerned about that they felt the need to hide a scientific discovery? Hmmmm Interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
What surprises me, is that no one has commented in the conspiracy behind this discovery to keep it hidden from the public.

Good catch...I ran across that somewhere today as I was reading through various news sites.
Who knows why this happened. Here is another link:

observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I heard about this planet X, first time on a Discovery channel show, about Giants. They also covered the Sumerian Cylindar seal VA/243, explaining that the guys sitting down is actually a giant. Because when he stands up, he would be alot taller than the tow other guys to the left..

I have been looking for a detailed image of this seal for a long time now. Maybe im lucky and one of you guys have a detailed picture of it? No matter what google finds, its almost surden it contains comments about Z. Sitchen, which i do not find entirely credible.

This is roughly the image i have:
xfacts.com...

Also im a bit confused. The 'solarsystem' between the two men counts what i can see 11 objects. Does that mean that the 12th planet, Nibiru, is the dot in front of the guy in the middle? Some say our moon is depicted, some say its not. Anyone know the real deal?

Is it possible to match up with the currently known orbit?
www.spitzer.caltech.edu...

I tried in a 10 minute photoshop-job, absolutely not-al-all-scientific, to make the images fit with the dots, and the orbits. This is what i came up with:

In some way, there would be a case to say it fits, but then again, you can rotate, resize and do whatever you want to make it fit.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
More on the question of whether or not this object is a planet.

The link below shows the latest thinking about Pluto and this new object:

LINK

[edit on 4/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
what is the orbit of this new planet, does anyone knows?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vertexc
what is the orbit of this new planet, does anyone knows?

I believe one of the reports I linked to earlier said that the scientist are speculating that Neptune through it off orbit by 44 degrees.

Gods Peace

dalen

note: sometimes it comes in closer than pluto and sometimes its out further than pluto...and it takes a few hundred years (400 -600) I believe to orbit the sun.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by dAlen]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Ingolf,

Interesting Sumerian pic of the solar system, thanks for posting it...
The 12 globes on the tablet makes one wonder. Before the discovery of this new piece of rock (planet) Im sure we all would have thought the extra globes on the tablet represented moons not planets...so maybe there are 2 more planets out there in this solar system waiting to be discovered.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
does anyone else feel pissed off that they dont tell the public about this kinda stuff right away? because didnt they say they discovered it in 2003 and wanted to wait till they examined tha data further before releasin it to the public ? when they discover sumthing they should tell the public about it right away and maybe they could say wat they think it iz .atleast let us know im sure theres lots of ppl who would be excited about it .all the space stuff is a rip off if they dont tell you about it who knows wat other kinda stuff they discovered but there not tellin us they juz keep that stuff to them selfes sure they release alotta pics and stuff but why dont they release everything im not sayin there iz faces on mars and stuff like that but still i bet ppl would like to see like full movies of the rovers riding around on mars seeing wat they get to see i bet they got full movies i would love to see a dvd of wat the rover sees juz driving around instead all i see iz juz lil clips well im juz sayin my lil opinion i think all that space stuff iza rip off all those tax dollers pay for that stuff and they keep stuff to them selfes they should at least let ppl kno right away anyone else agree wit me ? well juz sayin my 2 cents peace ppls

[edit on (8/4/0505 by redrum781]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
the ramifications of this "new" find will be surpressed for years to come. Maybe by 2010 they will get around to re-writing our view of the solar system.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I would suspect that people would quickly turn a blind eye if we were informed every time they 'thought' they had found somthing. But I must admit that it is strange how they were still sitting on this until the hacker broke in. Maybe they were waiting for the name to become official.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrum781
does anyone else feel pissed off that they dont tell the public about this kinda stuff right away?

Why? What purpose does that serve? Scientists get false alarms all the time. Their theories and observations indicated that there might be a planet sized object there. They verified that data and starting writing the reports and then published it.

Hell, half the time intitial reports are made anyways, and no on notices because the general public doesn't read scientific journals that they appear in. Thats not the researcher's fault, its the public's.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

they couldn’t confirm much about it until it was analysed again last January[...]data is still being processed and it will take at least six months before astronomers can determine the planet’s exact size

If I was an astronomer and I had sketchy info about a 'new planet', I sure as hell wouldn't go around telling people its there until I was pretty damned sure it was and had concrete information about it.

Being wrong about somethign like that would ruin your career, and justly too.

The public is impatient, and honestly, it has no 'right' to the information in the first place. He put the effort into it. He is still risking his name by supporting its existence. The 'public' didn't discover it, the public is the one removing science funding, even for basic research. If the public is impatient, thats the public's problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ingolf
...No matter what google finds, its almost surden it contains comments about Z. Sitchen, which i do not find entirely credible.

...Also im a bit confused. The 'solarsystem' between the two men counts what i can see 11 objects. Does that mean that the 12th planet, Nibiru, is the dot in front of the guy in the middle? Some say our moon is depicted, some say its not. Anyone know the real deal?

What do you think?

Ingolf,

Very glad to hear from someone that doesn't find the charlatan Sitchen credible.

The problem with trying to match our solar system with what is shown on seal VA/243 is that the objects shown on the seal do not represent the solar system at all, a fact one would think Sitchen would be aware of, were he actually well versed (or even versed) in Sumerian symbolism, Akkadian or cuneiform.

The following link will take you to a website that discusses this inconvenient (for Sitchen) fact about the seal, and it contains a link to a PDF file that goes into much greater detail.
Sumerian Seal

I'd say don't waste anymore time on photoshop with this idea. Millions of Sitchenites are already doing it in their spare time, I'm sure.

Harte

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
End of the world is coming

WATCH ME

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I would think that this thread would have gotten a bit more attention. I mean 5 years old and only 2 pages? People all around the world could easily use this to fit in with their conspiracy theories yet it just goes untouched? Are people looking for science fiction, then when fact presents itself walk the other way? I know this isn't like an alien mass invasion or anything but..yeah...

Reviving this thread for maybe some new information to be added. Anything of interest?

Considering the other threads about this topic all point to this thread. Considering a 10th planet was discovered.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Thanks for the revival. I am interested. I have started by googling recent news on 2003 UB313, aka Xena.

news.google.com...

6 search pages and only about 7 or so links there in English, the rest is foreign to me.

Going to research more.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by berkeleygal]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This thread has a lot of questions and links that are not from the source. Here is the real deal on the 10th planet in case you are interested. Straight from NASA.

"Hubble Finds 'Tenth Planet' Slightly Larger Than Pluto"

"NASA-Funded Scientists Discover Tenth Planet"

"New Planet Discovered 07.29.05 Tenth Planet Discovered"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join