It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: what kind of forum would you like to see be created on ATS???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
because there are always talks of new forums (by members) and about which "things" (like area 51 for example) should have its own forum, i am starting this thread and poll...

POLL: what kind of forum would you like to see be created on ATS???

mods, please don't move this to BTS just yet

let's see what the members have in mind...

also, the idea with the most votes does not have to be created as a forum...

anything conspiracy related (obviously) is an acceptable answer...

thank you for your time...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A forum where point grabbers posts can be put so they can't get any points for their posts

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9890
A forum where point grabbers posts can be put so they can't get any points for their posts

please, let's be serious...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't have any suggestions for new subjects at the moment.
However, I will say this.
Any new forum will attract a new base of people just for that forum. For example if there was a new serial killer board you would get a bunch Charles Manson fans joining ATS.
It is a big responsibility to create a new board topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
It is a big responsibility to create a new board topic.

that's why we have mods

are you against a new forum???

a new forum would make ATS bigger

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
are you against a new forum???

a new forum would make ATS bigger

I'm not against having some new boards at all. I just think that a lot of thought needs to go into making a new board.

As for ATS being bigger...
I think for now it is big enough. It seems every day ATS goes into low-bandwidth mode due to high traffic.
Bigger does not equal better.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by 9890

please, let's be serious...

I see this as very serious. And a damn good point. WOT is becoming a breeding ground for this. Bush this/Clinton that, Muslim this/Muslim that. No constructive thought, just rhetoric.

Think people. Don't let others do it for you.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This type forum would be my choice:

as posted by SkepticOverlord
We are discussing the possibility of a new forum focused on conspiratorial efforts to revise history for the purpose of promoting agendas of hate, control, or other manipulation. Such a forum would be an ideal place to revive some of the topics brought up by members in responses to this announcement thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seekerof

[edit on 20-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I think for now it is big enough. It seems every day ATS goes into low-bandwidth mode due to high traffic.
Bigger does not equal better.

We're stepping up the schedule to get an additional server.

In the online world, "bigger" is one measure of potentially "better". A website is the one thing for which quantitative results are easily compiled. Combine this with the fact that online users never spend a great deal of time with websites of poor content/quality... and you have one measure... traffic.

We average 40,000 visitors per day (almost 50,000 yesterday), and over 60% view more than two pages. Trust me, those are stats to die for. It indicates something right is happening here.

As for forums...

One of the forums we're considering adding is "Conspiracies in History Revisionism". A look at efforts from groups to modify the perceptions or actual recorded history associated with events or era for political gain. A potentially real "high-brow" forum that would be very interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think we should have one about History. I think this would make a very good forum. there would be so much to talk about. ( and learn for that matter) you could post just about anything. Theres alot of History out there that alot of people have not come into knowledge about.
this would be my pick also!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm sure quite a good lot of us remember the ATS server switch-over.....That was damn near revolutionary for us at that precise moment in time...Not too long ago either, really.....

In precisely less than half the time it took us to acquire the membership to adjust accordingly, we've once again experienced the need for a technological growth to support the size of this board.....

Change is coming....It may seem slow now, but come tomorrow it will seem as though it was just yesterday - Give things a bit of time to adjust and develop and we'll see thing com around

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We're stepping up the schedule to get an additional server.

Does this open the possibility of opening new ATS webmail accounts?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
How about separating War on Terrorism forum into two forums, one for actual events regarding WoT and one for opinions related to it?

Excample: some terrorist leader arrested or bomb going off somewhere would be Terror Events, and someone suggesting survival tactics or a view of someone's blog/news site/pseudo-inteligence agency on how to fight terror, who is causing it, etc, etc would be then Opinon on Terror (which would actually be good for PTS maybe, kind of a slug-ish fest type of forum, since these discussions often get quite heated).

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
A forum where we have polls about completely random things...

[edit on 20-7-2005 by Ocelot]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
ECK and I were talking about this the other day and I'm not being facetious. We think a poll forum would be a good idea with appropriate management. Because of a lot of expressed dissatisfaction with the much touted Discovery Greatest American Poll, I tried to get a poll together on PTS and, well, it's not exactly burning down the house.

I was on another site where members could put up one of those things where you click on your preference and the tally is handled automatically and voters could see the results after voting. I think that kind of template available to members could have some potential.

Of course, it would be problematic if polls were just run willy-nilly about things that are of little consequence, but there are real issues arising nearly everyday that could yield interesting results. Some bloggers have a different one nearly everyday.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Look, you guys got pretty much every angle covered. If your asking us, then your getting desperate for ideas...perhaps the well has run dry?hmmm...

well heres a thought for ya. Why not add flash games button? Members could submit games for approval, and we could kill a little more time on here. Plus its another ad running and makin Mr. Gray a little wealthier.

Games should be kept to FPS or things like that. Little Bush or Osama ones, good. No cutsie ones, like collapse or something.

Also, they should dump peak oil....YAWN.. its going nowhere. Someone posts a bunch of links saying we're running out, someone else posts a bunch of links that say we are not. Not to many geologists here I presume, so its boring. Its all "We're doomed!!" or "We're fine..."..needs dumped. There are threads with more replies, than are total posts in that forum. Waste of server space.

I think you guys are making a mistake fishing for new forum ideas. What you need is a shake up. Add some games, maybe allow links to other sites. Spice it up alittle. We're a big board, its time to start swinging like one.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
A 9-11 forum. Hands down. There's already enough 9-11 threads around to fill up 10 pages of a new forum before you even start. And, already 4 years into it and still generating massive interest and research, something tells me that the issue is not going to fade away any time soon.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Id like to see a forum set up in BTS for:

Investing

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I don't even know if this is even theoretically possible, but I'd like to see a PTS forum for pure political analysis, without agenda based right and left rhetoric tossed in. An almost clinical based approach to examining political strategy. Polls, numbers, swing states, strategy, that sort of thing.

Of course, it would never work unless we labotimized everyone first.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Racial Conspiracies?

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join