It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Accurate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A question for all the prophesy folk (actually a couple). Is there a single prophesy source that is considered most accurate? One that has the highest success statistically speaking? I know that many modern-day "prophets" speak of 90%+ accuracty, which is pretty much always hooey. But is there someone out there who tends to be close most of the time? Is there an independent party keeping track?

In short, who's the best?

(I'd like to keep Malachy outta this one, unless yer really sold on him)

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have studied a lot of prophecy and the guy, David Eells, who runs www.americaslastdays.com, is the real deal. I highly recommend all of the resources on his site.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by managerie
I have studied a lot of prophecy and the guy, David Eells, who runs www.americaslastdays.com, is the real deal. I highly recommend all of the resources on his site.

imho that guy is far out there, perhaps lost it

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo

Originally posted by managerie

imho that guy is far out there, perhaps lost it

Just so you'd know;
managerie = David Eells

either that or managerie has an obsession with him that rivals now banned member
satan's obsession with Sollog.

As far as who's the most accurate.....
We'lll know between now and 15-20 years from now, won't we.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

I am not David Eells. My name is Gordon. I am a believer/a Disciple of
Jesus who has had David confirmed to be as speaking the truth through dreams given to me be God in late 2003 and 2004.

I won't argue. I am telling people where to get the truth so that there is a chance will not not die, that they will be saved, both physically and spiritually during the tribulation to come in the next 10 years. My interest is only in people's salvation.

You can lie and accuse me if you want. I'm in good company. You don't have to believe me. Read the E-book Hidden Manna for the End Times with a grain of salt if you must. However, as the world starts to play out as the book has stated and you finally see it, you may start to believe later and perhaps not to late to save yourselves.

So don't believe me now and read the book and listen to come of the MP3 files David put on the site and wait.....you'll see.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
After looking into this have good reason to believe that managerie probably isn't David Eells. I can see how someone would think this though. You are dropping David Eells' name in quite a few threads, and a one track mind ususally = spammer. No one around here likes that.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OK,

So somone asks a question, honestly seeking an answer, and I answer with the single best answer I have found from more than a year of research and people are upset. I look at spam from the standpoint that
that it is unwanted mass notice for the sake of plugging a particular product or service. To that I have several points to make on that:

1. When Jesus was on earth, He made it clear that there was only one way, one truth. When He repeated this concept to Pontius Pilate, Pilate, in the natural mind, said, "What is truth?" - the same question many ask on this site.

2. I make no money from any of this. I have no personal stake in this besides fulfilling the mission to which I was called to tell the world that the coming end days are not what the mainstream church has been teaching about a pre-tribulation rapture, etc. I am simply one beggar trying to show another beggar where to find food.

3. The old testament is clear that if the Watchman of the city sees the threats coming, but does not warn the people, their blood is on his head.
If he blows the warning trumpet, but the people do not listen, their blood is on their own heads The one who silences me bears the blood on his head of all who no longer hear the warnings for all eternity and will answer to the Lord at the final judgment.

What is it in the worlds society that loves to laud the seeker of answers, but it is NEVER OK to have found it?

I said what I needed to say here. You will either earnestly seek the truth and consider the site I have mentioned, or remain part of the masses that the the Apostle Peter describes as "willingly ignorant" in the final days.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I checked out that guys site. All I found was some really really vague future stuff. I had trouble tracking down any sort of track record. I'm kinda on the fence on this one. Looks like he may be a bit loony, and a lot of his predictions fall in line with many, many other 'prophets'

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darwinman1
I checked out that guys site. All I found was some really really vague future stuff. I had trouble tracking down any sort of track record. I'm kinda on the fence on this one. Looks like he may be a bit loony, and a lot of his predictions fall in line with many, many other 'prophets'

Most of the prophecies we know about involve the way things will happen, and really what will happen, but may not have always specific timelines with exact dates, names of people, etc. David only talks about those things that a study of the Word has revealed or that God has directly spoken to him. Otherwise, as He goes through the studies, he will very clearly give his impression or his thoughts about some specifics, but will not put "thus saith the Lord" around that.

We should be silent and not guess about those specifics not yet revealed.
God is VERY clear about not adding or taking away from the word. Any who is God inspired is under His leadership knows that they can only reveal what the Lord has released them to reveal at that time.

You can find lots of sites that list very specific things. Most will not be correct and lead to not trusting anything you encounter. There will be conflicting specifics, names, and places. If what what you meant by "accurate" was this, then OK.

My assertion is that being grounded in the studies that David has layed out for people for free equips the listener to evaluate the truth of the various specifics that will appear in the future. You will know how the specifics fit by being grounded in the correct fundamentals of God's end-time plan.

Otherwise, you can swim around as I did for a couple of years looking at websites filled with conflicting and most often untrue specifics with no way to test them or sort it out because I had the wrong understanding of the end time plan. You wanted accuracy. Lots of people are willing to spew lots of stuff that is specific...and inaccurate...not God inspired.

The other question you need to ask yourself is why do you want to know about end-time prophecy?

a. Make money in the stock market knowing the plan and when stocks will tank?

b. Amaze your friends at the next frat party that you know all this.

c. Get a quick read on who will do what exactly when so you can stop them.

d. To understand how to prepare yourself and family for what is coming to assure that they will be saved through all this.

e. To learn what your role should be in God's end-time plan to begin to prepare under His leadership.

f. To learn how to help others find the truth and not be deceived in the end.

I am sure there are other reasons. Depending upon the ones you choose, determines the kind of prophetic information that is sufficient for you to accomplish the goals.

I would suggest that answers d, e, and f above get the greatest respect from God and the kind of preparation for these ends is largely common in the plan once you understand the correct basics of the plan. You won't need to know the exact details now. You will know when it is revealed and be able to tell truth from error.

In this final stage of the church age, the predominant force in the spiritual realm against mankind is deception. I am suggesting a way to break through that and be prepared.

But it's a lot of work for someone who wants to read the USA Today version. Unfortunately, the eternal plan of God for the entire world as it comes to a close is not quite that simple.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Whooooooooa there doggy! The purpose of this thread was to open a discussion/debate or share information on the accuracy of predictions and prophesy or the accuracy of predictors/prophets. I'm sure David Eells fell into this at one point, but this thread has quickly spun into a David Eells thread. I should also mention that there are many other discussions out there going on about Eells, most of which can be sourced to menagerie. So I'm going to do two things now:
1) Start a thread titled "David Eells" so that menagerie and all kinds of other people can discuss the validity of that guy.
2) Ask very nicely that this thread can move back onto topic.

Please, please bring this thread back on topic.
Thank You.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Reminder to posters
Please stick to the topic -- who's most accurate.

For my money, none of them are. People tend to remember some prophecies/foretellings rather than others and the selective memory tends to favor those that come true. If they're vague prophecies, then people will bend them to fit all kinds of scenarios (like the Nostradamus ones.)

A lot of the scammier ones will claim success afterwards. Sollog does this; making some generic statements and then leaping up as if he had made the on-the-mark, on the second, highly specific prophecy.

Malachy is one that's particularly fake. The "predictions" are stunningly accurate up to the time that the "ancient manuscript" was discovered. Then they get stunningly vague... so vague that many of them could apply to ME (and I'm pagan and female.)

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Anyone who goes public to make money on this # is a fake. The future can't be changed so why would God tell someone to warn people of something that can't be changed???

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi managerie, I am a Christian and have just taken a look at the David Eells site (only a breif look but i will have a closer study) but in the short brief look i have had i have already found something that seems like... well... like its been warped to fit his own views....

Check out...

www.americaslastdays.com...

The first thing i want to bring to your attention in David Eells "The Amazing War Cycles of America" is the King George's War of 1746. The King George's War actually started in 1744 not 1746 as David Eells states.

Check out...

www.usahistory.info...

Or just do a search for the War in Yahoo

Then we have French Indian War of 1763?? After a quick search on Yahoo i found that this war actually started in 1755 making it 9 years after the King George War, not the 17 as David states.

Then the American Revolutionary War (War of independence) started 1776 right Mr Eells... er... not according to the multiple sites i checked... 1775 was the start date....

en.wikipedia.org...

Then we have Davids "Short Naval War with France 1797" er... i take it he means the Quasi-War with France 1798-1801!!!!

He then goes on to say... 1814 - The 1812-1815 War with Britain... So this time the start date is not important??? as long as the date appears during the war that now ok??? Hmmm...

Followed by... "1831-1832 the nullification war almost begins" What does that mean??? ALMOST begins??? If there are any millitary history buffs reading this please explain it to me

According to various web searches the Nullification war started 1828 anyway!!

Mexican War 1847-1848... Nope 1846-1848

The Civil War 1861-1865 - Woooo Hooooo He got one correct

1881 - No war

1898 - 1899 - The Spanish American War - WOW another one correct

1914 - 1918 - WW1 - Although America did not enter the War until 1917

1932 - 1933 - Kellog-Briand Peace pact postponed war - but finally eventuates in WW2.

WHAT RUBISH... Now the bloke is really clutching at straws... After WW1 the next war America was involved in was WW2 which America joined after the bombing of pearl harbour (Dec 7th 1941) which means that there is a 23 year gap between conflicts NOT 17

1950 - 1953 Korean war - Correct

1965 - 1968 Vietnam War - Sorry but i thought the war ended in 1975??

1984 Granada - er... 1983 is the correct date and you can hardly call it a war.

2001?

OK - If the bloke David Eells cant even get basic history correct, and then basis his belief on this incorrect information, why should i believe him.

I know that this is just one small part of his website but the reason i looked into it was because, as soon as i looked at it, my gut instinct said something didnt look right.

I will investigate some more

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Sorry if anyone thinks i have drifted off topic... i just wanted to show why, after having a brief look at David Eels, i do not think he is the most accurate.

As for who i feel is the most accurate... well... none... I find that all prophesy is wrapped in ifs, buts and maybes... does not mean that i think they are all rubbish... just a little confusing at times and always open to interpretation.

In my opinion bible prophecy is best, although this is still open to misinterpretation

Oh yeah... why did my link to David Eells site get blocked????

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef

As you can tell from the first few posts here, it got spammed more than a site should be. So I guess you can thank managerie for having the site automatically blocked now.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darwinman1
A question for all the prophesy folk (actually a couple). Is there a single prophesy source that is considered most accurate? One that has the highest success statistically speaking? I know that many modern-day "prophets" speak of 90%+ accuracty, which is pretty much always hooey. But is there someone out there who tends to be close most of the time? Is there an independent party keeping track?

In short, who's the best?

(I'd like to keep Malachy outta this one, unless yer really sold on him)

As far as prophecy goes, most are too vague. But this guy is doing fairly well at predicting earthquakes.

www.syzygyjob.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The most accurate is Jeremiah of the Bible. Predicted the Gulf War and the current Iraq invasion, death of Saddam's sons, capture of Saddam, surface to air missles, nations mad with the US invasion with 100% accuracy. Jeremiah 50 & 51. Believe it or not read it.

Just a sample of Gulf War
Jer 50:9 For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon(IRAQ) an assembly of great nations(UN) from the north country(USA): and they shall set themselves in array against her(WILL GIVE APPROVAL); from thence she shall be taken(IRAQ INVADED): their arrows(MISSLES) [shall be] as of a mighty expert man(WILL BE GUIDED BY COMPUTERS); none shall return in vain(WILL HIT INTENDED TARGET).

Current Iraq War
Jer 50:41 Behold, a people(SOLDIERS) shall come from the north(USA), and a great nation(USA CITIZENS), and many kings(WORLD LEADERS) shall be raised up(VOCAL) from the coasts of the earth.
Jer 50:42
They(SOLDIERS) shall hold the bow and the lance(WEAPONS): they [are] cruel, and will not shew mercy(MACHINE GUNS): their voice shall roar like the sea (MULTIPLE GUNS FIRING), and they shall ride upon horses(TANKS,HUMVEES), [every one] put in array, like a man to the battle, against thee, O daughter(IRAQI) of Babylon(IRAQ).
Jer 50:43
The king of Babylon(SADDAM) hath heard the report of them( US SEARCHING FOR HIM), and his hands waxed feeble(NERVOUS): anguish took hold of him(CAPTURED), [and] pangs as of a woman in travail.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by HelloAll]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The most accurate is Jeremiah of the Bible. Predicted the Gulf War and the current Iraq invasion, death of Saddam's sons, capture of Saddam, surface to air missles, nations mad with the US invasion with 100% accuracy. Jeremiah 50 & 51. Believe it or not read it.

Just a sample of Gulf War
Jer 50:9 For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon(IRAQ) an assembly of great nations(UN) from the north country(USA): and they shall set themselves in array against her(WILL GIVE APPROVAL); from thence she shall be taken(IRAQ INVADED): their arrows(MISSLES) [shall be] as of a mighty expert man(WILL BE GUIDED BY COMPUTERS); none shall return in vain(WILL HIT INTENDED TARGET).

Current Iraq War
Jer 50:41 Behold, a people(SOLDIERS) shall come from the north(USA), and a great nation(USA CITIZENS), and many kings(WORLD LEADERS) shall be raised up(VOCAL) from the coasts of the earth.
Jer 50:42
They(SOLDIERS) shall hold the bow and the lance(WEAPONS): they [are] cruel, and will not shew mercy(MACHINE GUNS): their voice shall roar like the sea (MULTIPLE GUNS FIRING), and they shall ride upon horses(TANKS,HUMVEES), [every one] put in array, like a man to the battle, against thee, O daughter(IRAQI) of Babylon(IRAQ).
Jer 50:43
The king of Babylon(SADDAM) hath heard the report of them( US SEARCHING FOR HIM), and his hands waxed feeble(NERVOUS): anguish took hold of him(CAPTURED), [and] pangs as of a woman in travail.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by undercoverchef

As you can tell from the first few posts here, it got spammed more than a site should be. So I guess you can thank managerie for having the site automatically blocked now.

This is ridiculous to me. No one can figure out how to type "David Eells" into Google to get his website address, which is clearly shown. I guess the earnest search for the truth has its limits, now, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Prophecy or Divining? Any discussion of so-called “prophets” and their accuracy rate should also include discernment on whether or not they are true servants of God or simply spiritual diviners. Christians as well as Jews are admonished to steer clear of diviners. And for obvious good reason. In the old days, the Israelites were allowed to stone those who turned out to be false prophets. Ultimately the real test is the fruit of prophecy. A simple litmus test: If it spawns fear of the world, then it probably isn’t from God. If it encourages one to hide in Christ, then it is probably something to pay attention to.

I wrestled with whether to respond to the comments about David Eells or not. This thread as well as (apparently) this entire website purports to be seeking truth but I have to question that.

Getting right to the point, I am a longtime personal friend of David Eells. I am also his publisher. If he had an “inner circle” I’d likely be able to count myself as a member. What you should know, if you are the least bit interested in the truth, is that David does not consider himself the center or head of any ministry or organization or doctrine or religion. This is a great testimony to the reality of David: he isn’t building an empire to glorify himself. He takes his appointment as “ONE of an army of Davids” quite seriously, having devoted and sacrificed the last thirty plus years to the calling. David knows he is part of a growing worldwide assembly of faithful, true Christians who know that the call to “come out” of apostate religion has been issued. What sets David apart is that he willingly stepped up to the call to teach and ultimately to get the teachings in various mediums, i.e., books, videos, DVDs, Cds and broadcasts. Interesting thing to note here is that no one is profiting from the distribution of these teachings. Freely we have been given, freely we give. I have no choice but to put a price tag on the books because they are distributed through a world system and made available on Amazon and other online vendors. If we are talking strict accounting numbers here, I actually lose approximately 60 cents on every book that is purchased from my website. But we also don’t count the cost of the thousands we have shipped all over the world for free because, again, we aren’t in this for profit.

I could literally write a hundred pages that exemplify why David Eells and his simple teachings are genuine, but I know that everyone hears and sees differently. I told David that, while we cannot please and/or convert everyone, we can learn better communication skills from finding out what others are gossiping about (make no mistake, discussions about anyone, especially with only sketchy information or first impressions are, in the strictest Christian definition of the word–gossip. Those who think they are above this definition because they are having, “intelligent” exchanges are deluded by their own intellectual arrogance. I’m fairly sure that had the Internet been around during Christ’s time on earth the forum discussions about Him would have been just as intelligent and certainly just as misguided.

Paul said it about as good as it can be said in First Corinthians 1:18-21

(1:18) For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God. (1:19) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the discernment of the discerning will I bring to nought. (1:20) Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? (1:21) For seeing that in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom knew not God, it was God's good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join