It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Read The Strangest Thing......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi,

Im not really sure what forum to put this in. As a matter of fact, it was so wierd, and unbelievable that I probably should put it in no forum. But, well, just hear this:

I was searching the Internet, trying to find something new and interesting. I happened to stumble across some discussion board, where two people were having a discussion. I had to pause and read it as they went along, because one of them had posed a question that I, nor probably most other people wouldn't even take into consideration. That was that this person wasnt sure that there really is now, or was in the recent past any war being fought in Iraq at all, that it is just propaganda being put out for whatever reason. (I dont remember it word for word, but I remember thinking that that was the craziest thing Ive ever heard.)

Well anyway, I guess it stuck in my head, because honestly, (of course I dont come from a military family) but come to think of it, I dont personally know anyone who had gone to Iraq. I have seen no returned soldiers. I have seen a couple of "Primetimes/20-20s/60 minutes" type shows where they feature someone who has lost a leg or something like that over there. But then again, I can't be 100% sure, but I strongly believe that the government controls the media, gives them "prepackaged news", and pays them off, or blackmails them or something in order to have the news stations put it on. So it wouldn't be such a far stretch if one were to even be thinking along those lines, to figure that those featured military people were fake too. Then, I have read and heard about all the rehabs that they were building on Military Bases (but not enough), so that all the injured people and amputees, etc....could be kept there with their families, so that the general public never sees them, therefore believes that the war is a great success.
But, this person argues that if that were so, they couldnt force all of them and their families to stay there indefinatley....

Anyway, although I don't trust the media, especially the mainstream newscasts, I do believe that there is a lot of propaganda being put out there, a lot more than in past years, I still have a hard time conceiving of this person's point of view. (But I've never seen any of it first hand myself either.....) keeps echoing in my head.

So, I guess I just posted this because I wanted to see someone write that their brother, husband, whomever had indeed been there, that they have emails, etc.. regular people, like you guys I mean. Then I will get the whole notion out of my head.

Oh, here's a link to the forum itself. I haven't looked back at it, but I guess it just sort of gave me the creeps or something.

Look forward to comments and answers.

Thanks,

CyberKat

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 5/3/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Fear not! The war is real.

My brother is a combat medic with the 1/24 infantry. or Duce Four. I recently visited with him while he was back on leave from Mosul, Iraq. We had two weeks to spend with eachother and as you would imagine there was many hours of story telling and experiance shareing.

It's much worse than the media leads on.

It has been getting steadly better.

He has seen a whole brain blown out of it's skull, and i have seen the picture.

You seam like a lovly person and i would request when you do crash tonight that you send a beautiful sphere of healing energy to all the folks on that side of the globe. US and Iraqi personal. Everyone need a big hug over there, and all the support we can give them. Mostly the suicide bombers.

If you really wanna see www.thenausea.com...

But not for too long. Stay beautiful

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thanks,

I mean, not that I want war. I hate war. It was just eerie to me to read something far-fetched, then to start wondering if it could be possible.......I guess I wanted to make sure that I wasn't either going crazy, or falling hard for propaganda.

BTW, I'm familiar with "The Nausea". That's where I saw the first beheading video of Nick Berg. Then got into a lenghty discussion on another site as to whether the video had been censured, the fact that the stance and body build of the terrorists looked more western (suggesting CIA) than middle eastern. Etc...Etc... Funny, you mentioning that site reminded me of that

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Leaves something to ponder on that is for sure. I always wonder just what is real and what is not about this whole thing

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Leaves something to ponder on that is for sure. I always wonder just what is real and what is not about this whole thing

Hmmmmm....it kind of got you wondering too. I wonder how many other people wonder about such things.

I do though believe (prior to reading that), that there is much behind all of this that we are not being told.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
SEND THE DAMN HUG AND BE GLAD YOU'RE NOT THERE.

I'm mean.....Damn!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
CyberKat, have you ever seen the movie "Wag the Dog"??? If not you should check it out, I think it would be right up your alley!!! Here's a little background info about it:

"Wag The Dog" - 1997

Wickedly fictional with historical overtones truer than many care to admit, Wag The Dog examines the blurred lines between politics, the media and show business.

Dustin Hoffman and Robert DeNiro lead an all-star cast in Barry Levinson's Wag The Dog. Written by Hilary Henkin and David Mamet, this comedy focuses on the machinations of power as a presidential spin doctor (DeNiro) teams with a celebrated Hollywood producer (Hoffman) to manufacture a fake war.

Here are some lines from the actual screenplay written in 1996. I hope you'll find them as strange, familiar, funny, thought provoking and interesting as I do...

Near the start of the film when DeNiro and Hoffman are first 'creating' the details about thier 'fake war'. Starting off with an DeNiro explaining to Hoffman how and why this whole crazy idea will in fact work...

BREAN: We remember the slogans, we can't even remember the
#ing wars. Y'know why. Cause it's show business.
That's why I'm here. Naked girl, covered in Napalm.
Five marines Raising the Flag, Mount Suribachi.
Churchill, V for Victory, Y'remember the Picture, fifty
years from now, they'll have forgotten the war. Gulf
War? Smart Bomb, falling through the roof. 2500
missions a day, 100 days, One Shot of One Bomb. The
American people bought that war. M'I getting through
to you? War in the Balkans, don't mean nothing, till
some G.I. flyer, went down, Eating Snakes for Ten days.
N'then It's show business, Mister Moss. That's why
I'm here.

MOSS: But at some point they (everyone else/the sheeple) gotta know.

BREAN:"They Got To Know?" Stan...? Get with it. Who Killed
Kennedy...? I read the first draft of the Warren
Report, said he was killed by a Drunk Driver. You
watched the Gulf War. What did you see? Day after
day, the one "Smart Bomb" falling into a building.
The truth, I was in the building when they shot that
shot, they shot it in a studio, Falls Church Virginia,
1/10th scale model of a building.

MOSS: Is that true?

BREAN: How the f*ck do we know. You take my point?

MOSS: (SHAKING HIS HEAD) ...(We're) going to War...

MOSS: Why Albania?

BREAN: Because.

MOSS: They got to have something that we want.

BREAN: I'm sure they do.

MOSS: What do we have that they want?

BREAN: "Freedom."

MOSS: Why would they want that?

HAKAN: They're Oppressed.

MOSS: No, no, no. F*ck Freedom. No. F*ck Freedom.
They.... They Want... They Want To Destroy the Godless
Satan of the United ... They want to destroy our Way of
Life. Okay, okay, okay, could we ... okay: the
President is in China. He is dealing with a Dispatch
of the B-2 Bomber to Albania. Why?
(HE SHRUGS, HOLDS UP HIS HANDS, TO SAY,
"YOU TELL ME...")

MOSS GESTURES FOR SILENCE.

MOSS: We've just found out They Have the Bomb. We've Just
Found Out They Have The Bomb, aaaand... No, No wait a
second, no, no, wait a second, No. The Bomb's not...
it's not there -- because they'd have to have a
rocket and that sh*t n'they're a buncha wogs-- it's ...
it's a suitcase Bomb. Ooookay. It's a suitcase bomb,
and it's .... in Canada! Eh? Albanian Terrorists have
placed a suitcase Bomb in Canada, in an attempt to
infiltrate the bomb into the USA.

AMES: You know what? This is good. This is terrific, and
I'll tell you why: it's cost effective. This is....

MOSS: (SHRUGS)
It's producing.

I think you get the idea!!!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The war be real folks, i left the army just as it was starting - thankfully. know people over there and seen some back with the tans to prove it.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yes there is a war in Iraq. My son , a Marine was in Fallujah. He did his part in taking Fallujah back.

Roper

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Three students there. Two back, one on his way.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
guys this war is so for real, currently working for a PMC (private military company) here in iraq, and the bombs that go off maybe 3-4 times a day give you a realitiy check every morning noon and night. nothing false about the carnage seen everyday, however very interesting reading your post

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I can tell you with certainty that this war is a sham. I am a medic with the marines, and my unit was relocated to a secret base in Nevada while we were instructed to tell our families that we were deployed to Iraq...

Just kidding... Its real, I was there.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
intresting theory.....i get your point ....but i have friends in iraq that are brit soldiers...its definatley real...i think the british press are covering it a bit more than in the states.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The war in Iraq is real.

This web site is not real.

new topics

top topics

join