It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the admissibility of torturing terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Maybe the torture was the Russian’s participating in Illuminati rituals, and the Ukraine war is just one big Russian Illuminati sacrifice and ritual of rape and murder?

Shrugs….

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I’ve seen crazier things posted like still live people supposedly sacrificed and just had cancer.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Maybe the torture was the Russian’s participating in Illuminati rituals, and the Ukraine war is just one big Russian Illuminati sacrifice and ritual of rape and murder?

Shrugs….

You have a wild imagination))))

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

And yet if this had happened in the West you would be jumping all over the Illuminati ritual aspects associated with the torture of ISIS scum.

And us telling you that you have a wild imagination.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

lol so true

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You seem to have lots of time but sounds like an interesting job.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Just thought you need to know that your actions are obvious.
(I never saw the other response, but thanks for proving my case.)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Even if one is pro cannibalism I think it would be best to investigate them first before forcing them into cannibalism. Surely there are less extreme methods of torture that could satisfy the bloodlust.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

In a just and moral society, torture would be forbidden.

Our world is neither just, nor moral.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

LoL

Pretty much.

That bottom vid had my Alexa going nuts.
edit on 27-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I wonder what they think of going into a theatre and massacring as many innocent civilians as possible and the human rights violations incurred?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WannabeeAuCourant

Strange thing to have to wonder.

Nothing good methinks.

I imagine a psychologist would approach such a tragic event with a focus on understanding the complex interplay of psychological and social factors.

With the ultimate goal of preventing future acts of violence if that helps.

Keeping in mind they would be learning from these animals nothing more.

As it's not like they can be rehabilitated considering the sad acts of genocide and terrorism they choose to perpetrate.
edit on 27-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Majority don't think anything reliable can be gleaned during torture, so this is done purely as intimidation, which is why the video has been released to the public. The other side of that is the repercussions from ISIS attacks will be far greater. Which in the long run could make Putin look weak in his own 'backyard'.

This was done out of revenge, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The problem with torture is the a person will say anything to make the pain stop. There are ways to make anyone cry for their mamma and not leave a mark no matter how big and tough they think they are.. Yet the info you get may not be the truth. The Russians are lucky they were able to capture more than one as that way the individual stories can be compared against each other.

I do hope the Russians can roll this terrorist cell all the way up to the top planners and money backers; then the @#$%^&* are dealt with in a straight forward manner with extreme violence.

Well when it comes to my balls and facts I know, I can't say I could lie to them knowing a proven lie gets more of that which has to be worse than water boarding IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

originally posted by: andy06shake

And while some argue that torture can elicit information from individuals there is substantial evidence suggesting that torture is not an effective means of obtaining reliable information.

Especially in there is a benefit to telling the people applying the torture what they want to hear.

If you tell us the Ukraine was involved, we stop the pain.

That one doesn't matter.

This one would

Exactly where did you meet your handler?

Or What proof of a word you say?

They will give over something real or else if they are being tortured. We all should just try to put ourselves in that place for a minute to ponder it.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: G1111B1234

Thats coz you are Scottish G1111B1234.

Show me an app able to understand the Glaswegian dialect and ile be hell of impressed.

Anyhoo the thing i find with speech-to-text, is that i have to go back and correct all sorts of errors which kind of defeats the purpose and actually adds to the time required to produce a coherent paragraph.

I can barely understand a Scot from Scah tland is how I hear it from my bud's parents from there. The t's are missing in a lot of the words. Where I am from they just used slang so bad they named it ebonics. Being white, I had to be careful when and where I break that out and roll with it.

The kids in my neighborhood thought they were bad until they heard stories about torture and being as it is against God's will to torture people for sure, it should not be condoned!

edit on 27000000483120243America/Chicago03pm3 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Torturing terrorists may feel good like it's a karmic payback and they deserve it .. and they do .. but when someone is tortured they will say anything to make it stop. The information that they give can't be trusted.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This was just barbaric sadism and not professional ism at all. Sadistic thugs out of control and enjoying it.

The "information" they will give is whatever their torturers want to hear.

edit on 27-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

... and what if they got the wrong people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join